Why don't Toyota just bump the fucking power up by 50bhp? Are they retarded or what?

Why don't Toyota just bump the fucking power up by 50bhp? Are they retarded or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8821
youtube.com/watch?v=TvDqFqvnxdk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's fine how it is.

>200BHP
>150 torcc

If they're gonna go with 150 torcc, they may as well have thrown a renesis in it and gotten an additional 38HP. Akshully...

>Mazda stopped rotaries at 2012
>Toyobaru started at 2012

/thread

They just gotta fix the torque dip, up the HP by like 50 like you said OR drop the price to 23k

You'd say the same thing if it was 250 hp.
It's a cheap car and it's meant for tuning.
And the original 86 had 128 hp.

There's no reason for them to bump the HP up; they're counting on the customer to do that themselves, however they'd like.

>Toyota
It's built by Subaru

Lol youre funny

I would own one right now if they had 250bhp from the factory. 200bhp is 4 cylinder diesel BMW territory 10 years ago, plus even those had double the torque.

You can't even trust twunts with the stock 200BHP let alone 50 extra.

ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8821

>toyota was always jealous of the Miata
>it took them and Subaru to make the Toyobaru
>their motto was "to beat the Miata, we need to make the Miata"

>it's actually worse than a modern Miata

jesus fuck, when will you fags stop this

You can crash any car ret

Skip to 7:00.

youtube.com/watch?v=TvDqFqvnxdk

The GT86 is the new MR2, did you see that hektik snap oversteer?

No I fucking wouldn't if it actually had good power for that price no one would bitch. but right now it has poor power and an awful torque dip

Don't tell anyone, but I work for Toyota and the reason we're keeping the 86 so underpowered is because we're making a Lexus version of it.

mine has a uel header and an ecutek racerom tune. changed the final drive to 4.55 and it's everything the car was lacking.

that wasn't snap oversteer, that was lift-off oversteer. anyone who rides a bike knows damn well that is how you hi-side.

I want to be leaf

It is perfectly fine if you can get it for a really good price, new.

Not over 20k.

Why can't they pull a Honda and throw in the ultra high compression F20C? Toyota can do it.

How the fuck did that guy even afford a GT R?
Like, I get that the takahashi bros are loaded, dagumi is using his dad's car, but how the fuck can you afford a GT-R?

That was absolutely his fucking fault.
Who shifts up right before a corner?
He lost traction in the rear and there was no way to really control it.

just buy a decent set of UEL header and a motherfucking flash tuner AND THERE YOU GO YOU HAVE TAKEN CARE OF THE FUCKING TORQUE DIP AND GOT A DECENT MOTHERFUKING HP GAIN

its a gud car just needs some love

The torque dip is so you can lose a bit of traction to kick the tail out you idiots

Toyota does not want you to tune their vehicles, that's why they encrypt ECUs and void warranties. A USED, CHEAP, TUNED 86 is a good deal. A NEW, WARRANTIED, TORQUE LESS 86 is just mediocre.

Go suck a fuck OP.

>t. assmad slowbota owner

Why would anyone warranty a modified car?
>i only ran it super lean for only 10 mins bruh

they dont have the technology.

Car sells well
poorfags who play too much forza expect every single sports car to be a 600hp turbo monster with 285s
lmao

As a gesture of goodwill by the manufacturer for the manufacturer being too cheap and/or lazy to include adequate horsepower in the first place.

>toyobaru wankel
Waht

I think I remember you from you posting style but I agree with you for once.

What's ur rpm at 100/110/120km/h?
What's ur fuel consumption at those levels?

No it's not. It's a slow piece of shit.

Why don't people just stop posting this fucking "Toyota needs to add power" meme? Are they retarded or what?

Is anything every fine. We could always have more, go consumerism

Because it has no power you fucking clown.

gt86 is supposed to be reincarnation of ae86, so it has to be weak and relatively cheap funbox. seems like it does its job flawlessly

slap turbo on it if you feel like it's not enough. even soft turbo kits should push it over 250hp

Would you guys buy a 370z over a Gt86/BRZ? Not other cars!

That would be fine if it weren't to expensive to modify to any reasonable degree compared to other vehicles

Where the hell did you think they got the name "86" from?

Exactly. A slow piece of shit Corolla.

>car sells well
boy are you wrong

You got anything to back that up?

check it boy this is European sales

This is US sales, overall sells like shit. But I might get one for my next car if I can get it real cheap to do hektik skidz

faggot

Fuck off starlet fag

>having to modify it just to fix something that it should have had stock

It is Subaru engine, Toyota cannot change it. Toyota can only install what Subaru supplies them. Subaru is preparing STI version of BRZ, which will have extra HP :)

Rich parents maybe
How much was the gtr in Japan back then anyway?

wow

Literally because muh CoG. The MX5 never had a problem with a high centre of gravity so I don't know why Toyota decided to obsess over that above all else. If they'd stuck to a I4 they'd have a better understanding of how to improve the car.

no its not. The STI variant is only gonna have upgraded brakes and suspension and a slight tweak in the body kit. That's it. No extra power.

>Subaru's engine
Why would that stop Toyota, since they own Fuji?

And you could smoke the fuck out of it in your 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods?

I think the R32 GT-R was not that expensive.

It was like a Camaro SS here.

My fucking corolla is faster

>Own Fuji
I thought they only owned 20%.

>"There's a right turn I've taken a million times over the past 4 years that's very wide and has huge visibility, and I would sometimes get on the gas a little in my B16-swapped CRX through the turn."
>"I never went over the speed limit, and I only did it if there was absolutely no one else around"
>"Being a FWD, the front tires would break free a little and it would make the turn a bit more fun"

>understeer is so fun!
>mfw

This guy is a total retard kek

Try 17-18% tops

ITT: "if it had 50 more horsepower I'd buy it" - broke motherfuckers who couldn't buy i if it had 500 hp

True. I'd have bought a Tuner-Ready model if they didn't keep the bare bones model in Japan

buy a used one for 18k and put on a turbo or super for 4k and bam 320hp

if youre buying it new thats cool if you have the money, too expensive for me.

Jeremy Clarkson said it was £50,000 and this was 1995. So it's priced similarly to a modern GTR.

I'm not asking Toyota to warranty tuned cars. I'm saying that apologist fans are being disingenuous when they excuse the power issue by claiming the car is INTENDED to be modified. No, it is not. Toyota did not design the car to be tuner friendly in any way shape or form. If you buy a new 86, you're overpaying for underpowered turd of an engine that you are stuck with. It is not a good deal.

In this era. No plastic cover means it's tuner friendly.

>it's meant for tuning.

There are tuning packages available that don't void the warranty, Cosworth comes to mind.

FR-S has a higher CoG than the MX-5, though.

emissions and fuel economy
Anyway Toyota and Subaru and just going to tell you to have fun with cars that you cant afford or to buy an open diff miata.

because its a "sports car" with 200hp in 2017

Just slap a fucking turbo charger STI or WRX engine in for fucks sake.

Imprezza 220 hp
SW20 MR2 240hp
ST205 250hp
S2000 235hp

>Just slap a fucking turbo charger STI or WRX engine in for fucks sake.
then nobody would buy the four door sedans, 86 and WRX/STI appeal to different crowds

The reason is because they can sell these models on just NA alone because it's a gorgeous car.

Now after a few years they can offer the Supercharged 86 for a premium and make bank off autists like Itsuki.

Then finally they get the turbo model when all the autists complain again that it's not strong enough, for even more money.

It's just business, folks!

>then nobody would buy the four door sedans, 86 and WRX/STI appeal to different crowds
your statement is contradictory

that's a good thing you fucking mongoloid

we need less fat, overpriced, outdated, turbo camrys on the road

>your statement is contradictory
how so? people that buy 86's arent the same that buy WRX/STI's
i don't understand you're frustration, Subaru sells both fine why mess with good formula? because tendie loving poorfags can't afford?

>how so?
Look out guys, I think we're dealing with a professional retard here.

how about proving me wrong?

>200bhp is 4 cylinder diesel BMW territory 10 years ago

A 200bhp 4 cylinder Diesel BMW 10 years ago cost more.

AE86 - 7.8 kg/hp
>omg muh godmachine hnnnng

GT86 - 6.2 kg/hp
>hurr durr no power slower than a minivan topcuck

>Who shifts up right before a corner?
He didn't shift up, he went form 5th to 4th. Watch it again.

brz is better

Ah yes, Toyota. The company famous for making boxer engines. It's definitely not Subaru who provides the engines, you fucking idiot

Kill yourself

5th to 2nd watch the vid.

maybe, all I know is he didn't shift up.

he literally says he went from 5th to 2nd watch the video fuckboy.

>torque dip
>meaning the car makes less power
>"it's there so you can lose traction, something that requires a power boost to do"

>guy claims the guy upshifted
>take a 10 second look a the vid, it's clearly a down shit
>some other guy pops in, NO it was a downshift to 2nd, he even says soooooo
Look I don't care.

if it retained the weight was more powerful and looked as good, maybe

the god machine (takumi's 86) is actually an ae86 /w a formula atlantic 4age swapped into it.

These engines made about 240hp, in a car that weighed about 2400lbs

>soooooo
If you dont care stop replying cuck.

Fpbp.

You faggots will argue about anything.

Yea but he didn't have that engine in it until second stage

What is the lifetime of one of these engines are they as reliable as the original I wouldn't think so.

I-it's not a fast looking econobox it's a tuner platform

Toyota meant for us to spend an extra five grand to get the performance of a boosted miata

Don't be a faggot and install your own turbo charger if you want more damn power. Kits cost like 5 grand.