Was sexual liberation a mistake?

Was sexual liberation a mistake?

It's a common misconception that society starts conservative and gradually becomes more and more liberal.

It's cyclical. You have naked orgie Romans. Then you have strict conservative middle ages. And now we're back to naked orgie again.

Trust me. In 1000 years society will be ultra conservative again

(((((((((liberation))))))))))

You're a fucking idiot m8

Someone can make an unbiased resume for a milenial?

Not an argument.

we're not quite at orgy porgy stage yet, give it another 50 years or so (i was born too early damn it)

>that model will be a grandmother

>implying women haven't always been sluts

>nobody had fun before my lifetime, and it was better that way

>would bang my grandma any year if she looked like that (right) what 2090 has to do with it baka desu senpai

My grandkids will be used to titties I guess

there's more important things than having "fun"

That's a sjw level reply dude. Seek help

The "sexual revolution" comes about in every society/nation when they reach a certain level of success. Like when Rome defeated Carthage, complacency took over and the society kinda ran wild with debauchery. It'll collapse in time and a strong "right wing" religious group will take over. It's a part of the cycle of nations. See Europe as the example, and the US will follow shortly after.

There is no such thing as the cycle of nations.

*tips*

>Like when Rome defeated Carthage, complacency took over and the society kinda ran wild with debauchery.
Is this true or just some outdated 19th century meme?

Not an argument.

>implying stacies of yesteryear wouldn't have taken racy pictures for their Chad boyfriends if they had the chance

Responsibility's cool, but there's more things in life, like getting your dick rode all fucking night by the kind of girl that knows how to keep her shit tight

take a guess

The middle ages were quite sexual though. I would say things got conservative during the Victorian era. What we have today is a continued reaction to that which started in the 60s.

Good thing yours wasn't either.

see

More than likely they'd have just gone off somewhere quiet and fucked. Millenials actually have less sex than GenX.

>2090
YO DAT BITCH BE WHITE!
WAZ WE WHITE N SHIT?
>her grandfather

It is the biggest reason for the west's current downfall

>Millennials are less likely to have had sex than any other generation since the 1920s with a marked rise in the proportion of people embracing celibacy in their early 20s, according to a new study.

>having sex and being responsible are mutually exclusive
>people in the past didn't have sex

No nation lasts forever, and will eventually collapse, and it's usually happens from within.

Some people believe that the death of the Republic of Rome was after the defeat of Carthage. When leaders started to be elected because of charisma ( Scipio Africanus) and started to ignore the Senate and such.

Having a strong family unit and moral values makes a nation stronger and more prosperous. Higher sexual promiscuity creates increased divorce rates.
>lol just have fun go to the club every night xD send nude pictures on tinder

Its one but not the biggest.

>moral values = wearing ugly dresses

I am more moral than you.

>moral values = wearing conservative clothing and not being a vanity whore who has to show skin to feel good

>implying having a strong family unit and moral values matters when nobody in the family wants anything to do with each other, except when they're made to do something together
>implying divorce is a bad thing

>>lol just have fun go to the club every night xD send nude pictures on tinder

So you're saying people can't have fun and should marry only when they're virgins? Truth is that we're not leaving women in caves anymore while men go hunting. Both man and woman are allowed to enjoy sex as much as they want and most of them take responsibility for it.

Casual sex is fun and not as big of a deal as it was in the middle-ages, get over it.

>when nobody in the family wants anything to do with each other, except when they're made to do something together
that's not a strong family unit then

divorce is a bad thing unless you think broken families and kids raised by single mothers are somehow desirable.

Thank you for demonstrating how shallow and arbitrary your notion of morality is.

Being able to fuck whoever you want is the natural state of man.

Sexual liberation wasn't the mistake, the idea of controlling people's sexuality in the first place was the mistake.

Stop being a slave to your base desires.

It goes deeper than that obviously, I was just attacking your dumb dress example. Please explain how wearing slutty clothes makes society a better place.

>white western birth rate at an all time low
>west being flooded by non whites
>Germany set to be majority nonwhite in 50 yeas
>the problem is that whites are having to much sex
What plant do neckbeards live on?

>Stop being

Base desires is what fuels humans like me and you. If you want a dull life in the name of "purity" (stupid as it sounds already), then go ahead, but don't deem every person you date as inferior just because of their partnercount, that's not how it works.

If you want to claim the moral higher ground after all of this go ahead, it's just gonna bite you in the ass when you become an adult.

More net happiness for men

Boosts testosterone in male populace

How does wearing ugly dresses better society?

Sex=/=kids

Sexual liberation includes birth control

casual sex doesn't create babies you dingus, people use protection and women are on birth control. people have kids when they start families, they aren't starting families though because they'd rather hook-up and women would rather have careers than be wives.

this fucking meme reply everytime

>increased divorce rates
divorce rates are declineing and have been for a while now

id argue that liberation, sex ed, contraceptives etc are good for socioty....I think in the past we married becuase it was expected/aranged, we didnt divorce becuase it was messy/ilegal.shamefull, and thus perpetuated unhappy unions....when divorce became an option Rates went up because people no longer had to be stuck in loveless or abusive arrangements

>your dumb dress example

Actually it's OP'S dumb example

>please explain how wearing slutty clothes makes society a better place.

Not being superficial makes society a better place.

>More net happiness for men
citation needed, where is the study that says men are happier having meaningless hook-up than starting families and having fulfilling relationships?

>How does wearing ugly dresses better society?
says a lot that you equate conservative clothing with ugliness. dressing more conservatively is just one way to lower promiscuity which would lower divorce rates, creating stronger more cohesive families and increasing western birth-rates.

>divorce is a bad thing unless you think broken families and kids raised by single mothers are somehow desirable.
children should be raised by loving parents....and if two people no longer love each other or are abusive then they should get divorced, and a child is better off raised by one loving parent then two disfunctional ones

>not wanting to jerk off to pictures of your grandma

>divorce rates are declineing and have been for a while now

Yeah, for 30 years. Basically there was a big bump when divorce became more acceptable, as unhappy marriages were put out of their misery. With "sexual revolution" (i.e. More mutual respect and fewer shotgun weddings), marriages tend to be happier.

>marriages tend to be happier.

The few ones that actually survive longer than 5 years.

>that's not a strong family unit then
and strong family units don't just pop up out of nowhere, they come from families interacting with one another, which strong moral christian values doesn't allow, because strong moral values say that men and women shouldn't have anything to do with one another unless they're either married or family, and parents and children are expected to keep as far away as possible unless you're fighting to keep the kids from being "corrupted"

>they come from families interacting with one another, which strong moral christian values doesn't allow
what family interactions do Christian values not allow?

Wrong again. Divorce rate has been declining for 30 years.

>Divorce rate has been declining for 30 years.

It's still around 50% after 10 years.

would you prefer unhappy couples just be stuck and slide into cycles of emotional and possibly physical abuse, cheating, etc? do we want such people raising children?

sexual liberation is just one step in the natural expansion of capitalism into every single aspect of human existence. Human sexuality, even love, has now been completely commodified The old societal norms have been blown away and now the market rules paramount (tinder, etc...). Sexual liberation is not liberation at all but more enslavement and alienation.

I don't care one way or the other what people do with their lives as long as they leave me alone. But the facts are what they are.

Completely false. At current trends, only about 1/3 of this year's marriages will end in divorce. And that percentage is pulled way up by teenagers getting married. For late 20s, early 30s people, it's more like 20%.

A ((((((reply))))))

t. based Houellbecque

>Completely false.

No.

Not a good argument.

Great argument.

Literally the first google answer when you google "divorce rates in America" is from the American Psychological Association that says the divorce rate is between 40-50%.

I'm not going to do your googling for you again you faggots.

yes, and the rate is still on the decline

do you have a singlelicious satisfact to snack that up?

1000 years are too long

it will probably come in less than 50

>family
>morals
>nation

Yes.

People place too much value in pleasure and forget about everything else. Then, you end up with increasing levels of depression, drug use, etc.

I would say the 60's and 70's were a mistake.

Including people of all ages and all existing marriages. New marriages are down to 35% (estimated, obviously). And it's lower among the people you villainize (educated women, people who wait to get married, etc).

move to Detroit and enjoy your egoist play-land

we have such limited data and stratistics on human happiness and depression....like less for less than.05 percent of human history....I dont buy the argument that we are today more depressed and drug addled than ever before

Egoism doesn't encourage a rampant, violent, free for all.
You have to be quite cynical to think that people need spooks like morality and the nation to work together and enjoy eachother's company.

>you villainize

wut

Criminals are just people acting in their self-interest. You can't expect everyone to be civil when there is no reason to be.

>People place too much value in pleasure and forget about everything else

I'm so tired of hearing this sentiment.

What are people supposed to value then? Suffering?

All these pseudo-Nietzchean babbies everywhere seriously.

The data we do have show that.

Do you doubt that hedonism (in the Modern sense) does not lead to happiness?

>not fapping to your great grandmother
>2090

>You have to be quite cynical to think that people need spooks like morality and the nation to work together and enjoy eachother's company.

They absolutely do and i don't consider this view cynical at all.

Actually, many criminals wouldn't be acting under self-interest when it comes to union of egoists, because they will be outcasts from everyone else.
The vast majority of people need other people, and thus self-interest is also about maintaining relationships with those you like out of self-interest. An individual has no reason to put up with you if you are being a dick.

It isn't in my self-interest for society to be in a state of total anarchy. I give up my right to murder and steal because the benefits I can gain from freely doing them are less than what I gain from having a society that bans it and uses force to enforce that ban

Sounds like a degeneration. When agriculture first started to stratify human society most men died without ever having kids. Most women just went to the wealthy as part of there harems. Monogamy serves an important role in stopping something like that from happening again.

Where's your studies proving ugly dresses raise birth rates?

>The data we do have show that.

Only a disingenuous and/or naive interpretation of that data. "Hey, nobody was prescribed antidepressants in the 1700s, so everyone must have been happy!"

Spooks.

>t. The Democratic Man

>When agriculture first started to stratify human society most men died without ever having kids

That had nothing to do with agriculture and everything do with the fact that women need commitment from a man to give him children. If a man doesn't want or bother with commitment no woman is going to spend 9 months pregnant and then at least 10 years nurturing a child.

This is evident by the fact that even today in my country, which is one of the richest and prosperous on the planet, a quarter of men aged 45 have never and will never have children.

Perhaps we should lock you up in solitary confinement and see if you think the need for social interaction is a spook then

Thats right.
You have no argument just like i thought.
You got BTFO.

We don't have data on the 1700's, but we do have data in the last few decades. And we do know behaviors that are linked with higher drug usage, happiness, divorce, etc.

we dont have data on 99 percent of history so we cant be certain that the old fashioned way of doing things made us any happier, or just more inclined to pretend that we were

>What are people supposed to value then?
Nation, culture, hard work, prosperity, family, morality.