> /hsg/ Tournament Information
25 BATTLENET BUCKS GRAND PRIZE
Date: Feb. 24-26
Time: 6pm EST
Format: Conquest, Bo5
Stream: twitchDOTtv/axolotlhooves
Streamer Battletag: AxolotlAndy#1798

>NA Entry Form:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfWgLm4nNqzprlQVKZEKGYNLav4tRDpMz1QXqYNV6lTtwLcDQ/viewform

>EU entry form
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeo-O3Z5cQJEjS56l8K5Dhq8m2GkydybKkeiBFCXuN0tNuTQQ/viewform

>Deck lists, news etc:
liquidhearth.com/
hearthstoneplayers.com/
hearthhead.com/
hearthpwn.com/

>Arena Help
heartharena.com/
discord.gg/m8F3YeZ

>Open Tournaments:
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/
zotac-cup.com

>Deck Tracker:
hsdecktracker.net/

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

fade2karma.com/2017/01/control-the-meta-wild-tier-list-1/
hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/players-and-teams-discussion/184582-80g-quest-trading-play-a-friend-3-0?page=107
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for implosion guy

So I have normal copies of all the 'Hall of Fame' cards.

Is it worth crafting all gold versions of them?

Should I continue playing paladin or use some other hero? Also, can someone teach me how to dust and craft some good decks? I am a new playing and I have no idea what I'm doing.

>5 games
>3 hunters
>2 tempo mages
>5 wins
rank 17 is an amazing place

If you only have a few cards don't bother dusting them and start hoarding gold for the next expansion in about a month or so.

Just play whatever class you like, but in my experience Druid and Mage are the easiest for new players.

It depends on a few things.

1. Do you personally attach any value to golden versions of the cards? If so, then the answer is probably yes for those cards.

2. Do you have enough expendable dust / safe duplicates? If so, then yes, the golden versions only give you more options with no downsides because you get an extra playable copy, allowing you to dust the non-golden one.

3. If dust is tight you need to evaluate each choice.

Do arenas until the next expansion comes out. After the next expansion comes out, and current cards rotate, see what the meta dictates you craft. Craft the cheapest tier 1 deck and play it.

That's if you want to win.

A month is far too short of a timespan to start hoarding gold for the next expansion. Three months ahead of time is the absolute minimum for getting the start of a meaningful gold-buffer.

The goal of a gold-buffer is to:
1. Stay up-to-date with the new meta without spending any/a lot of money
2. Allow you to enjoy the unstable meta with new cards
3. Allow you to stop purchasing packs after 1-2 months into the new set and craft the remaining top-tier legendaries without a chance of pulling them as duplicates.

This way you get all the benefits of your packs and crafts without catching up to the meta when there is only 4 weeks of the set left.

Yesterday the NA version met the minimal sign-ups and EU was halfway there (4/8).

We can easily get enough people for the EU tournament.

>A month is far too short of a timespan to start hoarding gold for the next expansion.
True, but why waste gold on packs now when half the cards in play will rotate out?

Arena's a good idea, but otherwise what would you spend your gold on: Karazan? Old Gods?

Chances are whatever the new set brings will be better than what we have now.

Ah I forgot that the person in question is in the 'catch-up' phase. Yeah that makes things a lot harder. Ideally a maximum of 30-40 packs should be bought per set to get the common/rare and at least 1 legendary value. And save up the remaining half of the f2p gold for the sets of the year afterwards (assuming classic is decently filled, otherwise spend it on that).

Is classic still worth spending on? Recent developments have made me question that.

It certainly is. I believe in general 70-80% or more of each deck are classic cards. Currently there are 3 old god cards in the tier 1 meta.

And even if they are rotated to the rewards set you can be assured you are compensated. But it still is a hard decision as a catch-up player. Because the classic pool is very large, so it's hard to get specifics.

The only decks I truly had fun with in this game are Egg Druid and Zoo Warlock.

Are either of those viable or even playable in standard? I'm thinking of just dropping 1200-1400 dust or something to craft cards like Echoing Ooze so I can play Egg Druid in wild or something. Is there any kind of workable Zoolock in standard?

Just starting playing again havent played since C'thun, when from 25 to 17 in a few games in a win streak with my zoolock, then suddenly I start getting raped by pirate rogues and mages. Any advice? time for a new deck for climbing? thx lads

Everybody's been using aggro pirates to climb. Aggro Shaman or Aggro Warrior can both be crafted on a budget, but they're getting nerfed next patch at the end of February.

Reposting from last bread:
Let's discuss good bans for a healthy and interesting tournament.

I hate to ban Reno but he would otherwise make up most of the decks. Other decks I want to see crippled:
>Dragon priest
Draconid Op?
>Pirate ________
STB?
>Jade
Aya? Jade idol? This one is tough
>Shaman
TFB? Trogg? Maelstrom? Hex?

Eggdruid is a fine deck which can surprise both pirates and renos on ladder, winning as soon as turn 4 if stars align. Don't know how well it'll do when shamans take over at the end of the month tough

Zoo was pretty much dead, with the soul fire nerf and now PO removed it's completely unplayable. Shaman does the same thing but way better than Zoo.

>Team 5 throwing people bones with """free""" dust
>every mouth-breather acts like this year is gonna change the meta for the better again because it happened so often in the last 2 years

You can spend the money on CB to have a good fap based on your preferances and still get more for your money than supporting this game.

So what are you planning to allow, after banning the whole meta?

don't ban anything retard

I #believe
Current numbers are 10 NA, 6 EU.

>Win CA$H
Actually true, you win 25 USD in Blizzbucks if you're the champ.

You would be surprise what can happen when seemingly e v e r y t h i n g has been banned.

I would prefer it if Freeze Mage didn't win an /hsg/ tourney ever again.

What we should do is ban the cards that hit the most meta decks, not just class cards.

why isn't reno on that list nigger? you want everyone to bring 5 reno decks?

Retard here
I have 2 ragnaros and 0 Sylvanas and 5 azure drakes, do I

1. Undust my 2 ragnaros and make a golden one
2. Make a golden Sylvanas

3. Dust my 5 drakes and craft 2 golden ones?

what would stop zoo from winning everything?

didn't aggro freeze mage beat one tourney ages ago?

This was last-tournament's card banlist. Surprisingly not everyone brought a reno deck for one reason or another.

Klandri won the only EU tourney I ever hosted with three aggro decks, so it's entirely possible. He's on a whole other level desu.

make gold versions of every card

do or do not dust the non goldens, it doesnt matter

it depends entirely on the dust you have available

you get full dust value for the best version of each card, and only for 2 versions of non legends and 1 version of sylc and rag

hey tourneyman so EU tournament goes 23:00 GMT-approximately how many hours onwards from that usually?

i have to wagekek during the day on sunday 26 and want a vague idea of how much snooze i can get before i sign up

Now that was fun. And that was his third Kazakus.
And my second Paletress, which I converted from one he stole from me from a Secret Agent created through a Netherspite Historian

Oh shit, the OP image's got times for NA.

Because Europe is ~5hours ahead of NA, I will be starting the stream at 2pm EST, or 19:00 GMT (I think that's right). It should take roughly four hours every day if only 8 people sign up.

I should probably mention that if tons of people sign up, I will ask them to complete certain rounds simultaneously without me streaming, as going through each match individually is a fucking chore and is a huge drain by hour 8.

Yeah, this isn't going to fix anything. Getting an effective free legendary or two (if you already have the dust to craft them) is good obviously, but it's a ONE TIME THING. They're doing it ONCE EVER. It solves nothing.

If they did something like this every month, just gave everybody a free legendary in dust at the 30th, now that might actually solve some of the game's severe problems. But only some of them.

I blame the Captcha taking so long.

i'm looking for the priest on a shopping spree gif.

Only craft golden legendary cards if you are interested in having them as gold, because if you are doing it just for dust value it's not worth.

1 normal Ragnaros = +1600 dust (free bonus)
or
1 crafted golden Ragnaros = -3200 (cost to craft) + 3200 (free bonus) + 1600 (dust golden copy) = +1600 net

grand, thanks for the info laddo

Will edit the op for the next one. Could you post any other aditional information like the ban list so I can include them?

I wanted to ask you about the times before so good to know.

C'thun is still good! >X(((((

Ban list is private until complete. You can add that Sign-Ups are closed at 11:59pm EST/4:59 GMT on Monday/Tuesday

Basically the equivalent of having a nigger-shaped pinata.

Yes the entire old gods set is so good that 3/143 cards are in top tier decks. That's why Expansions are better value than adventures. :^)

If you don't have a Rag/Syl of any sort at the moment, it's best to craft the golden version, since whatever version you craft, you get it for free, and you get more dust if you change your mind on the card later. It's literally just picking "do I want a free regular Rag/Syl or a free golden Rag/Syl".

If you already have a regular Rag/Syl and have no interest in getting a full golden collection (which at this point is impossible anyway), you don't have to do anything, just collect your free 1600 and don't worry about it.

>Eggdruid is a fine deck which can surprise both pirates and renos on ladder,
Does it do better in standard or wild? Assuming I were to craft additional cards for it in wild.

>which at this point is impossible anyway

Lmao dream on poorfag. Look how far I got with 3 years of completing all the quests, 1 year of 100 gold/day botting and 200 bucks spent.

I only need 1,663,480 dust to complete the golden collection. At a 100 dust/pack average that's 16635 packs or 278 60 pack bundles at 63 bucks a piece = 17,514 bucks to complete the golden collection. :^)

Holy shit, that's the first cool OC idea I have seen in a long while.

You should add another option to that tree

>I dont know what I want to do, but have enough dust to craft all the cards golden

If you have the dust you may as well do it, then you can choose what you want to do at a later date

Wow, you're so close! All you have to do is pay hundreds of times more money than anybody should ever spend on a game!

I want to lose so I signed for a Tournament and not gonna play any aggro

Yeah same here, I'm just gonna slap together something meme. I hope most of the others will feel like doing the same.

Amazing 10/10

>That one guy that takes only serious decks
>That one guy that takes only terribly bad decks
>That one guy that builds a meme deck so ridiculous he can't pull off the combo correctly even when he draws it

>The one guy that builds a rediculous meme deck and manages to pull of the combo just because the opponent is thrown off guard

>That one guy that fucks your mother in the ass and creampie her
uhh... that would be me!

You killed him with Ragnaros hero power, right?

>Play against shaman
>Lose
Great game hearthtards

they are smug entitled liberal cunts

>This week's Brawl
Looking for more interesting decks than Mage + Spells. They are boring as fuck.

turn one paladin combos

Paladin+charger+spells.

secret hunter, or that jade auctioneer deck ratsmah played yesterday

You are retarded

>secret hunter
Yeah? What's that run exactly?

>making it to turn 6

lol

>Lock and load
>Violet illusionist
>Secrets

>secrets
>cloaked huntress for more secrets
>skill command
>a handful of beasts
>insert tech cards as desired (violet illusionist, etc)

>Does it do better in standard or wild?
Please respond.

>>making it to turn 6
Agreed.
These whole Auctioneer, Veiled Illusionist, Animated Armor combos are crazy slow.
People know your Life doesn't matter so long as you make sure your opponents hits zero first right?

Yeah, that's why mage's so strong. Pyroblast>Pyroblast>Fireball>Fireball on turn 1 isn't exactly a rare occurence.

What decks will survive the rotation?

the fuck is up with all the tempo mages? do they actually win against something?

miracle rogue

oy vey anyone wanna trade 80g quests EU?

It is a legit top tier wild deck

fade2karma.com/2017/01/control-the-meta-wild-tier-list-1/

Midrange Shaman and Jade Druid, that's probably it I guess. There's a possibility that handbuff decks will see a revival since they're hinting at it very strongly, but it'll probably turn out to be bullshit like always. Personally I'm hoping

Midrange shaman loses a lot including trogg and golem so I don't think it will survive

Jade druid. The end.

Old gods is going to end up being 5 viable cards, mean streets is going to end up being 5 viable cards. Nice investment of 100 bucks per set goy :^)

Add me BestMageEU#2304

You fucker, I asked several times today and I'm right now trading with someone from not /hsg/

100% chance to attack the wrong enemy....so it attacks the right enemy every time?

So you're saying sets are really good for F2P? Because you can just craft 5 viable cards with dust unless it's like 4 legendaries which as far as I remember none of the viable 5 WotOG cards are.

midrange jade shaman doesnt run those cards

If the enemy has an empty board then it always goes face by attacking the pinata. If the enemy has 1 minion therwise it has a 50/50 chance of attacking the other minion or going face if you aim for the pinata.

Seems like an interesting card at least.

No I'm saying its terrible for f2p because the sets are only good when they are at set rotation 0.

As an example: Old gods during it's own release (rotation 0) had a ton of its card that were great to play and meta defining.

1 rotation later a couple of those cards are left, 2 sets later basically no old god cards are played anymore.

To keep up with the meta you basically need to invest in every single current set. Then immediately afterwards your investment is down the drain.

hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/players-and-teams-discussion/184582-80g-quest-trading-play-a-friend-3-0?page=107

Trade here my man

Shaman is the new Zoo class.

>pirate warrior in casual
geee i wonder why this game is dying

>playing casual

It's the best deck you can buy at that dust level. I'd be fine playing against nothing, but Pirates if it meant not facing 10k dust Reno decks.

What are you talking about? Hearthstone is attracting new players by the millions due to its accessible F2P structure.

It's been terrible for new players forever and it looks like they don't give a shit.

>playing the game to intentionally lose with LOLSUPERWACKYDECKS
geeee i wonder why this game is dying

>Always use it's too confusing for new players excuse
>Never makes it easier for new players to enter the game

i dont care if i win or lose, the problem is i dont even get to PLAY the game