What is the best car, and why is it the Chevy Sonic?

What is the best car, and why is it the Chevy Sonic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4cFOFgHjQT4
sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6041702119.html
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=chevy sonic armrest&_sacat=0
hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php
sonicownersforum.com/forum/do-yourself-articles/12076-glove-box-light.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>buying chevy

It's an OK car

Good commuter but in reality that's all it is and that's fine

because it looks like a lancer.

it's a god awful car

>buying japshit
>ever

Go on and tell me how its a god awful car

because so far its a comfortable car, it rides smoothly, has competent handling , looks good, and has reasonable power for an ecobox. hell my only real complaint is the interior is quirky and made of cheap materials, and a lack of gauges like temperature and voltage

I can't, i'm just being a completely biased retard that jumped on the gm hate bandwagon just to hate any gm product for the hell of it, so i apologize.

i wouldn't say i love it though either, i only chose it over a ford or mazda because of the price i got it for. really cant beat a 2013 for 6800$

You've probably explained it a bunch of times but how did you get it for that price?

probably because i bought 2 cars at the same time

Also helped that the lot i bought it from hates having anything on it thats not a Subaru, and it was already there 4 months and being ready to get auctioned off.

also the CEL was on.

was the common cracked intake hose, of course i didn't tell them that, they had already tried fixing it apparently

keep deluding yourselves

>no temperature gauge

How will you know when it eventually overheats?

i assume a warning light that most likely will come on after shits already fucked, which is why im ordering an ultragauge. that way i have all that info

The 2017 looks like absolute fucking garbage

Hey Joe,love your balls.

>2017-chevrolet-sonic-sedan
>sedan

>mfw people buy an awful new econoshitbox instead of a better car used and seek validation desperately from their peers

Because they have a nice affinity to blow valve cover gaskets,catalytic failure and heater core leaking

Could I put a huge turbo in here? Like 5500 kick-in level of turbo?

I am curious as well.

>buying GM shit
>buying GM shit that's just a rebadged Daewoo

show just one country where the Sonic is sold as a Daewoo.
I'll wait.

>assmad GM fangirl so dumb they cant use Google

GM BTFO yet again

no. Literally.
Show me.
GM killed off the Daewoo brand in 2010.
The Sonic didn't released globally until 2012.The only thing Korean about it is the styling.
Chassis? shared with the Opel Corsa.
Engines? Shared with the Opel Astra and Chevy Cruze.
The suspension was tuned by Corvette engineers at the Nurburgring.

Show me just ONE country where the Sonic is sold as a Daewoo. Even in South Korea, it's a Chevy.

I don't mind the looks of the 2017 refresh. It works for people who didn't like the previous motorcycle styling.
What bothers me about the 2017 model is they changed the gauge cluster.

the new cluster is pretty bland, if they would have made it at least exciting i might not have hated the new styling much. also the loss of the only thing distinguishing itself fro literally every other car was it's front end, and now it's cookie cutter camaro trash.

>assmad GM fangirl defending his Daewoo because it has an autism badge on it

Lmao

I always knew these looked off, now I realize the bonnet is too high.

youtube.com/watch?v=4cFOFgHjQT4

You guys wanna buy mine?
sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6041702119.html

>nothing in common with old car
>lol it's a daewoo
confirmed for Alphonse-level retard

BTW, I don't own one. I have a Saturn.

Why does GM use this fucking ugly teal backlighting? Shit looks like it's straight out of a 10 year old car.

I think the cluster is real neato though

it's a thing. GM has used "Cool Blue" backlighting for decades. Back to the 50's IIRC. It's a heritage thing.
Like how all Pontiacs had red/orange backlighting.

OBLIGATORY

while looking around, I found a bunch of pics from I think New Zealand of a rally prepped Holden Barina (Australia's Sonic variant)
dumping pics.
1/3

2/3

3/3

Here it is. proof folks.
The 2.0L Turbo used in the Camaro, ATS, Regal, Verano, and Malibu can fit into a Sonic.

I wish they'd show pictures of the mounts used.

Kek, this car doesn't even offer an armrest like the Fiesta or Versa.

I'm sure you're stupid enough to come up with an excuse like "hurr armrests are for faggots"

it has an arm rest for the driver

WHICH I DONT EVEN USE

assmad GM fangirl at it again! LMAO!

and if you want an aftermarket one, ebay has a ton.
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=chevy sonic armrest&_sacat=0

• Holden Barina AP4 Rally Car prepared by RDL MotorSport
• Force Motorsport AP4 Body Shell and Suspension
• GM 2.0ltr Ecotec 4cyl Engine
o Capacity reduced to 1.8ltrs with Garrett GTX 2860 Turbo Charger, 350Hp & 500Nm
• Life Racing ECU
• Motec PDM and Dash
• Sadev 6 Speed Sequential Gearbox and 4WD
• Brembo Brake Calipers
• Tilton Pedalbox with AP Cylinders
• SupaShock Dampers
• Racetech Seats and Safety
• Bespoke Holden Barina AP4 Body Kit
• Speedline Wheels

wheres your fog lights bruh

LT model. 1.4T K&N Typhoon short ram, Trifecta ECU tune, ZZP high flow secondary cat (soon to be deleted), ZZP lowering springs, '98 honda lip ghetto drilled into the bumper, installed yesterday

Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III (H1) kit

Bi-xenon Projectors
2 x Morimoto Mini H1 LHD (7.0 VERSION)

Compatible Ballast
2 x 35W: Morimoto XB35 Computer

Ballast Igniters (Required)
2 x Morimoto XB Igniter (AMP)

H1 HID Bulbs
2 x H1: XB 6500K

Wire Harness
1 x HD Relay: H11/H9/H8

LED Halos
2 x 110mm XSB Switchback
2 x 120mm XSB Switchback

>lancer
This.

>change everything about the car

never seen a rally spec vehicle that wasn't altered heavily. This isn't "buy a celica, add suspension, now you're a rally champ"

I hope you're pretending to be retarded

How is the trifecta tune? Been researching it and a little extra power and less throttle lag would be nice, but I don't want my engine exploding

They're perfectly safe. IIRC, it isn't until around 200 HP that you need to worry about shit breaking.

To be honest, a better option is to get HPTuners.
hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

a lot of guys will tear TRIFECTA apart for a past issue they had with BNR customers. BNR attempted to sell TRIFECTA products as their own and there was a falling out. Then a couple TRIFECTA cars had a couple problems which weren't directly related to the tune, yet they got assmad and flipped to BNR tuners.

I have never had a problem with them, and the difference from stock to tuned is about 40HP to the crank. Very fun. I have the one that allows me to turn it off when i activate cruise control, to save gas on long trips.

HPTuners is great, if you're a wiz at tuning. If you just want that little extra power for freeways and such, just get a mail order tune.

I don't think anyone cares about your opinion as last night you said you'd rather ride the bus than drive a Hellcat.

>look mommy, I'm trolling Veeky Forums!

Because it's a shit. Both the Mustang and Camero are better

Not him but I kinda agree. The Challenger Hellcat is essentially just a marketing ploy to garner attention for a product that's failed in the market on its own merits. So they stuffed a Saturn V rocket under the hood and it suddenly fixed the problems?
Fuck no. It's still an overweight landbarge that can't corner.

I bought a 2012 hatchback LT last year for $4,000.
No real complaints here. Kind of curious why there's no stock glovebox light to be honest with you, family.

>not having catlike night vision

Oh. Ok. Yeah, my fault then.

sonicownersforum.com/forum/do-yourself-articles/12076-glove-box-light.html

IKEA to the fucking rescue

>Those modern sealed beams

It was a good looking car desu, shame Chebby redesigned it to look like a boring ass econobox now. Never got a good hot-hatch version either.

They're not sealed beams. They're those composite halogen lights. They're styled to look like headlights on those Japanese sportbikes. That's why the gauge cluster was that way too. and the exposed lens tail lights