What is a car that can be all?

What does Veeky Forums think of a car that can be all? I mean something that is easy to drive, something that will be nice if you detour and go to the track, but also will give you a bittersweet ride (little hard little soft) when youre just going to pick up groceries. Something that can also transport more than 2 people is important as well. Also don't include the "YURO RELIABELITI IS TRASH LELELEL", to keep all our options open. Basically assume no responsibility almost.

I would go with a E63 M6 Convertible. Yeah convertible body rigidity etc but:
-you can get it in a manual
-NA V10 that makes 500hp
-amazing design (i love bangle designs dont kill me)
-comfy
-4 can sit in it fine, its a big car

Easy as hell to drive, goes real fast if you want it to, tracks well without upgrades, reasonably practical (there are 4 seats but the back ones are pretty small. I can fit more than enough groceries or other shit inside), less hp than the M6 (415hp/415tq) but less weight too and a little bit faster.

Is that your daily? How are the running costs?

2nd Gen RX-8.

That's a great choice. I think a modern 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS would be even better though.

Yea, lately it has been. When I lived in central CA, my daily was a bike because the weather was great. Now I live in WA and it rains all the fucking time. Running costs aren't too bad, obviously more expensive than other cars though. An oil change requires about 8.5 liters of synthetic which adds up on it's own, then there are various o-rings and filter.

Swapping out my exhaust tomorrow for a catless inconel system that weighs about 40 lbs less than stock. Bolts soaking in pb blaster right now.

Gas mileage is about 23 highway/10-11 street, on premium.

The newer cars are nice as hell but also much more expensive. I'd rather go with a turbo, if I want to swap out turbos for larger ones, I don't necessarily have to swap out internals as well.

Volvo V70R AWD. It's the racing, dirt road conquering mover's van armchair. Predecessors had been used in the British Touring Car Championship and by James May to find the source of the river Nile.

Giulia QF
CTS-V
R34 sedan (bonus points for GT-R swap)
Polestar V60/S60
XFR
Model S
E63 AMG

Also acceptable: Volvo 245, Volvo 745, Volvo 940 estate, Volvo 850 estate.

Basically any Swedish brick-wagon.

Those old ones are really slow though. They only started considering more power in the mid 90s. And even then 250 hp was a pretty big number for Volvo standards.

So get the turbo versions. OP didn't ask for fast, he asked for
>something that will be nice if you detour and go to the track

Go to the track, find someone's Civic or Miata, load it into the back of the Volvo and drive off. Profit!

M5 touring

I want a M5 Touring with USDM manual swap and 6.3L stroker kit.

Alternatively, a Wiesmann MF5 V10 (same engine S85) with that same stroker kit.

Are mods available for the giulia quattroformaggi? There should be some by now, right?

Every car is a compromise in some way. Trying to build a car that can be everything inevitably results in an abomination like pic related.

point taken user, definitely.
although i'd argue the targa 4 GTS is a car with the least compromises, its not "homo" convertible, its fast, its comfy and all that.
out of interest, how much do these go for? say, if someone had 25-30k just to buy a car would he be able to buy a 996 turbo or a 997 4s maybe?

giulia hell yeah, i didnt know they made a R34 sedan desu. would be nice to import but 25 years old ;x;
why the model s though? with all that torque and horsepower it'd be nice i guess but i feel like its on another level than the AMG/polestar/QF/V...

Different guy here, but looking at my local Craigslist equivalent, 25-30k can get you a really nice 996 S, 997 non-S or 987 S.

where are you located?
i'd be around chicago so it might be higher or about the same

They also made an R33 wagon, the Stagea. It actually had a trim level equivalent to the GT-R: 260RS Autech.

Yurop, the Netherlands to be more precise, and used car prices seem to be about in line with the US over here.

Patrolling CL on the daily for a good example of a 300zx.

>six cylinders
>220 hp NA
>300 TT
>iconic 90's Japanese styling
>t-tops
>comes in 2+2
>CHEAP
>insanely comfy and driver-centric interior

I wholeheartedly believe the z32 is underrated. I can't wait to get one. I'll baby it until I die.

>i didnt know they made an R34 sedan

How did you not know?

The non GT-R models are the GTT, GT-Four, GTX, GTV, and GT. The GT was the base with an updated RB20DE making 155 ps. The GTX was a 4 door Skyline with an RB25DE NEO making 200ps. The GTV was the same with two doors. Than the GT-Four had 4WD (different system than the GTR) with an RB25DE. Than there was the GTT, with an RB25DET NEO making 280ps and RWD.

>How did you not know?
Probably because he doesn't live in Japan or Australia and he's never seen an undesirable Skyline because even fewer people pay to import GT sedans than GT-Rs.

They are cheap for the same reason the 3000GT is cheap. It's a gigantic pain in the ass to work on.

A owner/friend told me a story about one time he was having problems with his z32 and when he pulled into a local garage the owner stepped out and told him to get off his property with that car.

They are hated by mechanics, have fun taking it to a z32 specialty shop and paying out the ass.

Garbage overheating coilpacks is just one of the many common problems.

i was never into the japanese car scene dude, i'll appreciate it sure but it was never my thing
and this, i lived in yurop all my life and now studying in america. i have yet to see a "fast" nissan other than the plethora of R35s driven by chinks around here; yet to see any other skyline of any sort IRL