/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread Friendship edition

we are not starting that shit again and you know what i'm fucking talking about edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 01/28/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2017 on PSVita and PS4.
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/pepo_ronpa/status/832573579082424320
twitter.com/kamoniku_MMD/status/832643134123225089
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Precocious Ejaculation

Mikan best girl

Best DR2 girl

>10 minutes before stream
>Kodaka suddenly bows out
>V3 information is put on hold until next month
Your reaction?

Learn the rules, newfag.

STAAAWP PLZ.

Bumping

Okay, for those of you who have played Umineko and also NDRV3 (Or at least have watched most of the game), how do you think the two compare to each other?

here's your fuckin bread

>If I don't get home and make dinner on time, Nee-san will get angry and do 'that' again...

Isn't that the VN with another evil twins? I'm curious about how it is

Was it consensual?

Umineko was better once its bonus material came out and actually explained the story. Hopefully Kodaka plans to emulate that. The find your own interpretations and the story continues in your heart aren't really working for me with V3.

According to that one Miubro, if they're hot it's consensual.

>saying "no" to the Tulpaman

You know the answer

There's probably going to be another game for worldbuilding. I imagine a v2 light novel would also have more worldbuilding

My personal theory is that the next game is not gonna be a DR Game. Team Danganronpa is going to try and cash in on hype by making a "New Show" that, in the end, is revealed to be part of the Team DR Universe.

Kind of like how Killer Killer wasn't revealed to be connected to DR until like Chapter 3?

what time is the stream supposed to start again?

7PM Pacific Time, my good man.

But Kaede actually sacrificed herself.

Threadly reminder that Kiibo will come back in the next main release of the franchise.

It's the one about the Rokkenjima murders and you have to piece together what really happened.

There's things such as game (As in rules the character can see, not just the player) rules like red, blue and gold truths that you can use to and the plot is pretty complicated, with the final ending leaving some questions unsolved but there's still a rather solid conclusion.

Personally I don't know how well NDRV3 works if Kodaka was going full Umineko, since even casually looking at the game I can see that Umineko works since there's a lot of games and also bonus materials that expand a lot on the story, and one of the central things of the series (Magic) allows the game to go meta without breaking logic like NDRV3 did with going full LOL FICTION. That is to say, Umineko pulls it off because the game is literally designed to work that way while NDRV3 doesn't feel like that at all.

The resolution a certain character also gets in the final game was also beautiful, while when I look at NDRV3's ending it just makes me want to pick a book up and chuck it at the nearest wall.

Yeah! Basically, it would be the "New IP that team DR is working on" But really thats talking about the in-universe Team DR.

I imagine that in order to not have confusion the lead artist would still do most of the art and Kodaka would write it, but still be advertized as a new game series until the end, when the Survivors of v3 come to bail the new cast of unfortunate out.

Its the only way I see them one-upping v3's twist

Post Gonta. Here's a picture of Gonta with his girlfriend (male)

I want to get locked in an airtight school and fix her with hope. She would try anything and everything to make me feel despair, but I would just laugh it off, because as long as I'm helping her, no despair is strong enough to enter my heart. I'd show her that no matter what she has done, I'd always forgive her. I'd make her food and clean her secret lair, and drag her out to bed if she stays up late. When the nights get so cold that we have no choice but to cuddle together at night for warmth, I'd feel her breath going from shallow to deep as her form relaxes and she falls asleep in my arms. I'd feel her cling to me in the night when she wakes up from a despair nightmare and feel her sob into my chest, first seeds of hope sprouting in her traumatized mind. I'd softly kiss her hair and tell her everything will be okay. I'd take care of her when she gets sick, read all the books from the library and hold her hand so that she can fall asleep. I'd make shitty homemade pizza for her and stay up late with her watching dumb movies, and feel her cuddle up to me when she can't stay awake anymore. I'd teach her retarded drinking games and show her how to play pool in the rec room.

One night, she silently sneaks over to the kitchen. A shining sliver of a blade extends from her clenched fist when she walks into my room. But her hand stops, centimeters away from my chest, and begins to shake violently. Something is wrong. One by one, her trembling fingers let go of the hilt, and with a soft thud, the knife falls onto the carpet. She throws herself on me and buries her face right where the knife should have gone, Clutching at the fabric of my clothes. Her whole body shakes feverishly and I scoop her body into my arms and tell her that everything will be okay, just like usual. Her silent sobbing turns to wailing that echoes out into the dimly lit corridors beyond the door.

She would finally be cured of despair. Because the only thing she can't analyze is love

Why are Saiharafags so annoying?

Both were obnoxious in their TRUTH/LIE thing.
Umineko ended with idea that the truth ultimately didn't matter and if you didn't believe in magic you were a goat.

In V3, the TRUTH/LIE thing doesn't seem to matter in the end. whether they were all brainwashed and forced into competing or not, Saihara's life is still fucked up going forward and is a different person from who he was when he started from on his experiences during the course of the game.

>tulpaman will never tie you up and ride your dick until your balls are completely empty
>tulpaman will never tell you that he will never love you but that he can at least love your cock

Because they're Naegifags.

Keeping Rui on board is the only way I could see Spike going through with this idea. They wouldn't give up the brand name so easily unless there was something else to make it recognisable.

If this is Spike's plan, i'm curious if it'll still involve a killing game, and how different it'll be from regular DR if so.

>Gonta and Korekiyo will never be in a husband-husband-brother-in-law relationship

Why even keep paying attention to anything Kodaka might release?

They're both garbage.

t. Zeussufag

>Magic

Sorry user. Im really skeptic about playing mystery VN involving magic. Lot of things can be conveniently explained by "Lol magic"

Honestly, I could see them going that cool-america route and do a game based of the DR3 NG codes.

>nearly 10 PM over here

why

When will Amami/Saiharafags leave this general? Literal cancer. I want the waifufags back.

You know how his body changes when he gets possessed? (ie he seems to grow a bit of a chest when his sister possesses him) do you think that happens down there too? What would this look like if you had to see it when his sister possessed him? Probably horrifying.

Is saihara even interesting as a character? using Kiibo as a reference

You know why.

because they're cancerous self-insert losers.

twitter.com/pepo_ronpa/status/832573579082424320

OH SHIT SON

Almost as many things as can be explained by 'Kinzo would TOTALLY do something insane like that'

Barely more interesting than Naegi but that's not saying much because Naegi is as flat as a pancake.

Do /dgr/ hate Saihara or only his fans?

Maybe play the game and form your own opinion. Unless you want the general to spoonfeed you everything.

both

>wanting waifufags back

And it's only one particular Amamifag and Saiharafag. Same one each time.

Both.

Think it might just be a chest. So he probably just becomes a futa.

/d/ the character

Saihara shitposting blows up during the same time period each day. I'm sure you can piece the rest together.

I'm curious about what this says since it looks cute, even though I loathe Tenko and don't care about Amami.

I personally find him to be very interesting. Then again, characters like him are usually my type.

Granted I'll say that Umineko does at least establish that the person at the end can actually go on in happiness while NDRV3 no matter how I look at it seems to suggest that if TDR ever found Saihara and co they'd die and so literally everything would be rendered pointless, without even going into how apparently everyone signed up for a killing game expecting it to not go completely south or whatever.

Both sound equally stupid to me, but I can at least appreciate that Umineko's established game rules work in favor for what it's going for and what started the Rokkenjima incident is realistic compared to "Okay, so we signed up for a killing game for glory and some of us will have useless talents while the smartest guy is screaming internally trying to get us out of the game, but it's okay because we'll be real Dangan Ronpa characters if we win and there's certainly no side-effects like PTSD, suicidal urges or existential angst at all!"

I hope the above is wrong, but who even knows any more?

As a detective he's more interesting than Kirigiri. He starts off having problems with his confidence, gains someone who helps him with that, that person dies and he feels his decision was responsible, he gains a bro, he falls out with his bro over the decisions he makes and a whole bunch of other shit happens.
He develops a lot more than the main characters from the other games.

This. Every single time and people fall for the bait every single time.

>switches to tulpa mode during mid-sex

Protagonist rankings

Kiibo > Kaede = Hinata > Matsuda >Makoto > Komaru >>>>>>>>>The protagonists of worthless release like Killer Killer > Saihara

What? You saying you dont want to see his dick open up like an echidna's every time he gets possessed?

If I watch the Umineko anime will I get a decent understanding of the story? I really don't have the time to read the full vn considering it's very long from what I've heard. I want to having an understanding of its story before V3 comes out in English.

I don't even see why they're so much tension between them. It's not like Saihara and Amami were rivals in game.

t. Zeussufag falseflagging as Kiibofag.

If I remember, the Umineko anime only got the halfway point before being canned. It was also apparently garbage.

So, stick with the VN, user.

Does that mean I can impregnate him then?

>what if could have been like
I hate you Kodaka

So /dgr/ which fake spoiler would've improved V3 without causing major changes in the plot?

For me it is this one:
>Saihara was a girl

nice meme. even naegi is more likable than that beta twerp.

>everyone who doesn't like saihara must be a zeussufag

>Umineko anime
No.
If you HAVE to, read the manga. Personally, I think it's worth reading the VN just for the soundtrack and how much it contributes to the atmosphere but again, it's all down to how much time you want to dedicate to it. (plus the first Episode of the VN is very slow paced, so that puts a lot of people off)

Everyday I find myself missing the madman Normie!Saihara more and more.

It's a couple of people autistically shitposting agains eachother and maybe other shitposters jumping in for shits and giggles.

You're better off not responding or taking any of that serious.

Naegi had so much potential. A short slime beta male that becomes more assertive and aggresive in a dangerous enviroment.

Too bad he was the same guy since DR1 until the end of Hope Arc

Not sure friend but I hope TL-kun comes through for this cute ship.

It's just two autists. Sometimes I falseflag as a Saiharafag/Zeussufag to shitpost but other than that it's nothing.

>Does possessed Tulpa have a penis.
WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T OUMA ASK THIS!?!?!

Have some normies.

t. Zeussufag.

Everyone thought he was just delusional. It's ambiguous whether he's actually being possessed or if he's just talking to himself.

Yeah I just ignore them really but I'm just baffled is all since the two boys didn't really have a problem with each other in the game.

Not him but I agree. Naegi stayed flat for pretty much the whole saga.

Cute!

Kaito a cute!

C U T E!

>people haven't capitalised on normie Kaito yet and used him to abuse the other normies

Which is the character that evolved the most in the HPA saga? I cant find many (Even the DR2 cast appear unaffected by the attrocities they've comitted)

Friendly Reminder that Kaito entered the Killing game out of fame and money and was ready to kill people for it

Id say he was possessed, since, like, his physical features changed on a whim. Thats pretty hard to do.

twitter.com/kamoniku_MMD/status/832643134123225089

Angiebros, rejoice! Watch her dance!

Kodaka could somewhat pull V3's ending up if he uses side material to improve and expand upon the story. Explaining the casts true backstories and motivations would be a major improvement. Were they kidnapped, volunteered, or clones?

I agree.

Korekiyo looks extra cute here. I would like Tenko to replace Angie tho

Posting the superior school uniforms for the V3 cast.

Hajime, I don't think that salt will work on him.

How sad

I've been blessed. Thank you, fellow Angiebro.

I'd hope so, but given how much of a narrative mess everything was I'm not hopeful.

At the very least it'd be nice if he explained what the hell was up with Ouma because everything about him makes him stand out from the rest of the cast. Amami is a given, and I guess it'd be nice knowing more about Tulpaman unless it's to turn him into a dindu who was mindhacked into having all the things that made him interesting.

Ew.

Source for that image? That Tenko is the cutest.

Reminder that the main course uniforms are ugly as fuck.

Reminder that they technically can't attend HPA because their cast had no SHSL Lucky Student.

Ouma could probably lie his way in