Dueling Network General - /dng/

Last thread: New summoning mechanic: Link Summon
Explanation: ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/

● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/baj95caex5si0n3/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy.exe
>YGOPro (Mac): mediafire.com/file/jpok5ejx0fvlu5k/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy-nopics.dmg
>High Quality YGOPro Images: ygopro.co/Forum/tabid/95/g/posts/t/23339/The-Ultimate-HQ-Card-Project
>Manual Card Updates (place inside the expansions folder): github.com/Ygoproco/Live2017

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook, last updated 6/27/15:
yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf

>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players:
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market:
yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html

>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator:
yugioh.party/

>Official /ygo/ ruling test:
testmoz.com/466984

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Tyranno's Rage (February 25th)
●OCG: Code of Duelist (April 15th)

●TCG: Raging Tempest (February 10th)
●TCG: Fusion Enforcers (February 24th)
●TCG: Duelist Saga (March 31st)
●TCG: Structure Decks Machine Reactor & Dinosmasher’s Fury (April 13th)

Before asking to be spoonfed, try the following:
● READ THE OP
● Read carefully the cards
● Lurk and read the archives
● Google your deck before you post it here. If your deck is/was competitive it will probably have topped an event, see the provided links above
● Most games have single rounds or a best of three match; matches are encouraged as they teach you to make use of your side deck for tournament play

First for YGO is dead

My head hurts so much.

3rd for Dark Magician is Tier 1 now

Blue cards were a mistake, with Red cards nothing of these would have happened.

Nekroz alive

NO BLACK AND WHITE IN THE BLUE

Who /CHAOS/ here? Been waiting for this for fucking years now lads. time to get my boys back on the forbidden list.

this is easily the most retarded change done to the game, period.

who do i yell at, or do i just hope the overlords on twitter shame them into making better decisions by having card shops threaten to drop the game?

will stratos finally be free?

Ritual and Tribute bros are feeling good now

Do a left/right link marker while in the normal EDZ means your monster is linked to the enemy EDZ?

So let's say you have Dank Law out. Can you not link summon since the materials don't go to grave?

To be fair, Nekroz is only dead because of the banlist.

EXPLANATION FOR NEWCOMERS/CONFUSED FOLK (PART 1):

Fundamental Field Change 1: The Pendulum zone and Magic/Trap Zone have been collapsed together so that you have 3 purely Magic/Trap zones and 2 other zones that act either as Magic/Trap zone or Pendulum zones depending on what you put in it. In other words, if you are using two Pendulum monsters as scales, you now only have 3 open spaces for other magic and trap cards. Likewise, if you are filling all 5 spaces with magic and trap cards, you have no space to place any Pendulum monsters as scales.

Fundamental Field Change 2: Under normal conditions, extra deck monsters can no longer be summon to the traditional monster field (which is now called the "Main Monster Zone") from the Extra Deck. They can normally only be summoned to the newly created "Extra Zone" (2 slots) that is located in the center of the field between the players. Each player can only use 1 Extra Zone. The only way to have more than 1 Extra Deck monster on your side of the field is to utilize one of the newly created Extra Deck Monsters called "Link Monsters".

Link Monsters are a type of Extra Deck monster that have no level nor rank. Furthermore, where their defense stat would normally be is instead the text LINK-X, where X is a number that varies depending on the monster. This is the Link Monster's link number. Link Monsters do not have a defense stat. They can NEVER be in defense position under any circumstances.

can i be useful now?

>buy Link monsters or you won't be able to play the game
that's it, I'm retiring for real this time

that should have been the default pendulum zone setup since the beginning

Let's play a Game.

Does it Link?

Just like Xyz monsters.

My magician girl deck will actually see some use now. Percy must be pulling his hair out by now,tho

Look at me
I'm the meta now

>hexproof floater deck with main deck stun shit and that can still make fields of CDI + Dark Lady/Planet regardless of Link
>not cancer after Extra Deck and other stun is murdered

EXPLANATION FOR NEWCOMERS/CONFUSED FOLK (PART 2):

Steps to summon a Link Monster:

Step 1: Look at its link number.
e.g. Decode Talker is Link-3

Step 2a: Send from your side of the field a number of monsters equal to the Link Number of the Link Monster you want to summon (also keep in mind that you must satisfy the monster
material requirement on the Link Monster card)
e.g. Decode Talker is Link-3, so you must send 3 monsters to the graveyard. Specifically
in Decode Talker's case, these all must be effect monsters, since it says so on the card.

Step 2b: (Alternative to Step 2a) If one of the monsters that you send to the graveryard for a Link Summon is itself a Link Monster, you can treat that monster as if it were X number of monsters for the purposes of the the summon, where X is it's Link Number. (also keep in mind that you must satisfy the monster material requirement on the Link Monster card)
e.g. You send two monsters to the graveyard and summon a Link-2 monster. Now,
instead of sending 3 monsters to the graveyard to summon a Link-3 monster, you can
instead just send the Link-2 monster + one other monster. Specifically in the case of
Decode Talker, these all must be effect monsters and you must use at least two
Monsters since it says so on the card, so you can't just use 1 other Link-3 monster.

Step 3: Once the Link Monster is summoned, look at the card picture frame. You will see 8
arrows, some number of which are lit up red (the number lit up red is equal to the monster's
Link number). Field zones that are in contact with the red link marker arrows are said to be
"linked" with that Link Monster. Monster Zones that are linked with a Link Monster become
additional Zones that you are allowed to Extra Deck summon in.

Where there's a will, there's a way

See that pic? Now tell me whether the EDZ is adjacent to each other.

That doesn't answer the question, retard.

So how am i supposed to summon a quasar dragon now?

Or just play a deck that doesn't use extra deck monsters like Kozmo or Monarchs.

I will see you all when the Archfiend and Barrier come off the limited list and Link Spam becomes viable.

Infernities shall rise again.

>e.g. Decode Talker is Link-3, so you must send 3 monsters to the graveyard. Specifically
From the hand or from the field?

>summon link with 2 arrows
>summon 2 synchron monsters
>pic related
???
>quasar

will spellbooks be viable again?

I completly agree. I play since the Yugi Structure Deck and always stuck with the up and down of this game, and this is the first time I'm hesitating about quiting the game.

Will we slowly see the banlist let a lot of stuff off due to the new rules?

That's exactly the answer.
There's no answer.

>ED based decks will lose to stuff like Kozmos until Link monsters start getting powercreeped, i.e. around episode 75 of YGO VRAINS
good luck trying to play this game LMAO

holy shit i want to waifu that card

EXPLANATION FOR NEWCOMERS/CONFUSED FOLK (PART 3):

If you have a Link Monster in the Extra Zone, and thus now have a Main Monster Zone linked to it where you can now Extra Deck summon, you could summon another Link Monster to the Main Monster Zone to extend the number of monster zones that are linked (i.e. if I summon a Link Monster to my Main Monster Zone that has left or right pointing red link markers, those adjacent zones become linked to that Link Monster and thus I can summon an Extra Deck monster there, even though the it isn't linked to the Link Monster in the Extra Zone). That is how you could still possibly will the field with Extra Deck monsters even though a Link Monster could have at most 3 bottom links (which would make you think you can only have 3 Main Monster
Zone Extra Deck monsters since the Link Monster in the Extra Zone could at most connect to 3 of your Main Monster Zones).

If a Link Monster you control has a red link marker that points to an opponent’s monster zone, the opponent is able to Extra Deck summon in that zone, so that is a negative. On the other hand, if your Link Monster has an effect that relies on having linked monsters, and your opponent has a monster in a zone linked to your Link Monster, you can benefit from that linkage (an example is Decode Talker, which gains 500 ATK for each linked monster. Since Decode Talker has a top-facing link marker, if your opponent has a monster in the zone ahead of Decode Talker, Decode Talker gains 500 ATK).

An Extra Deck Monster that is properly summoned and then goes to the graveyard can be revived into any main monster zone, even if that zone is not linked to any Link Monster.

>Who knows
>Nothing indicated otherwise, user.
But we all know because they already explicitly told us.

An illegitimate summon doesn't make the monsters any less Extra Deck Monsters than if they were summoned legitimately.
I have absolutely no idea whatsoever why you would ever think they would be exempt.

What we know is that Monsters need Extra Monster Zones to be summoned from the Extra Deck. That's it.

so does the arrow pointing up mean the opponent can summon from the ed in that zone?

From your side of the field.

Yes.

like this?

Field, obviously.

Imagine that a good Link 1 was released.

Activate Hangar
Search C
Normal summon C
C equip B
Link 1
CL1 C CL2 B
Search A, summon A
Link 2, put C back to your hand to start this again
Banish the ABC pieces
Make ABC buster in the slot
Optionally banish your own Link to lock opponents out

Is this a viable play?

yes. Talker gives a Link zone to the oponent

>yfw your deck got fucked and hard

What we know and explicitly written in that article is that ED monster need EMZ.
Not just any monster from ED, but specifically ED monster.

so what's stopping master piss and friends from shitting all over konami's brand new mechanic

banlist
just wait and see

IT'S TIME

Probably, I would love to see Mind Master at 1 at least again. Who cares about Gusto loops I want to play banish psychics

Now that gay ftks and ED spam is dead it's time to free
Construct
Chain
Stratos
Cock Master
Ptolemaius
Infernity Archfiend
Dragonfly
Hornet
Zenmaity
Wavering
And of course
D R A G O N S

You summon a left/right LINK monster, move it backwards, and you have 3 available ED slots. Summon you synchros normally, then summon quasar.

They will never print such a card.
:^)
screencapping this myself

Thats what we currenty assume. I guess its supposed to be a backdraw.

It's the exact opposite of what you said.

There's nothing indicated that.
Decoder have his effect that makes him gain ATK for each monster linked to him, so the Link might exist only for that specific purpose.

The article specifically said that you need to control a Link monster if you want to summon ED monster in MMZ.

Best monster
Best deck

Column Control:

A dream no more.

He's finally getting his time to shine

you basically have to neuter the entire deck if you want the new stuff to be able to compete though, given that true draco could compete with zood dudes on a good day

Ok but I can I have Construct back please?

shit, here come the floodgates again, only this time, blue monsters get first dibs.

All they said is ED monster, user.
Point me exactly where it says monster from ED.

So no takers here?
Nobody even wants to guess?

What about this one?
Its multiple choice.

Can I use pendulum monsters for the summon of a Link Monster? Cause they go to the extra and not grave?

Are there any diagonal down Link 2's yet?

But now 2 collums have (5) zones.

Now what?

You can still play even with your deck that has nothing but synchros, you just can't pull off insanely long plays and OTK someone with your faggot synchros.

They are the same thing, that's why Konami didn't have to use "monster from ED".

>Ptolemaius
No

Yes?
B?

Key here is probably adjacent.

List all viable meta decks after this change.

no

Missus Radiant

Missus Radiant.
L-2, 2 EARTH monster.
BL, BR.

Noids

I for one welcome our new Link Overlords

>not using numpad notation

NOBLE KNIGHTS
FINALLY OUR TIME HAS COME

Persona Dragon, Shaddoll Fusion, and Elysion said no.

the important part here is all.

(4) is to make sure you know how to count. probably works out fine on the jap text

Link Monsters dont give a fuck about Dimensional Barrier :^)

Noble knights

Probably yes, since you can use Pendulums to Synchro Summon.

>"Normally, if you have a Link Monster in the Extra Monster Zone, the Zones pointed at by their Link Markers can be used to Summon Extra Deck Monsters!"
Assume this was translate do correctly, it says the linked zones can be used to summon extra deck monsters. It doesn't say specifically only you can, it just says zones that are linked become zones extra deck monsters can be summoned into.

Links will either change nothing or slow the game down

its a good change for all non-physical players

So link cards also turn your opponent monster zone in an extra deck zone?

If they have arrows pointing that way yeah

>if you have X, you can do Y
I don't know, user.
It kinda says that you need to have the Link monster.

If it has a link pointing to it, yup. Decode has one but its also tied to one of his effects.

ok i was wondering about reviving xyz monsters that went to the graveyard. my fav fun deck is Quantums and i think i will have to adjust the strategy on the deck now (using red lion more along with the trap card)

is there any reason/point in buying anything from rate and macr?

Not sure.

Reminder that Link monsters are ALL IN NO DEFENSE

How so?

so do we know what happens if you have extra monsters in linked slots and the link monster is destroyed?
do the no-longer-extra-slots destroy the monster in it or is it safe? i want to know how asshurt someone will get if i can chain reaction their board and watch everything die

S-so ghosttricks are fucked in the ass huh? Anything that relies a lot on the extra deck are fucked in the ass.

Kozmo