>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy

>Fallout 4
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/pHrbuwt2
>Collection of Nexus Weapon Links [this shouldn't be its own link, that's stupid]:
pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>VGU
>Rips:
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>How to Convert Skyrim/Oblivion/NV/FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide [this shouldn't be its own link, that's stupid]:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Deathclaw
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43732/?
mega.nz/#!eR432B4a!S_oL-FKt5TA6i7kwHFrbNzB6AuQnM_sYXcVcmWPdCSw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>page 3
>0 replies
>no other fallout threads
I-is /fog/ really kill?

Claiming thread for best companion.

Maybe we'll finally get /cfog/ back.

Do you think MacCready has a big enough gun to compensate for his insecurities?

Big gun for you.

>tfw toaster internet and this image makes my pc overheat

Anyone able to help an user out? After entirely uninstalling all of my mods my game keeps crashing whenever I leave Sanctuary. Creating new characters doesn't fix it, and I've already reinstalled the game. The only other thing I've noticed is that I can actually make it to Abernathy Farm if I run straight there from the vault, rather than talking to Codsworth or looting the town.
Never had this issue before, and no advice online has been any help so far. This is pretty much my last resort.

When reinstalling, did you nuke the Fallout 4 folder from My Documents/My Games?

I'd rather I kept my old save files, thanks. Unless there's a non-save file in there that has to go?

Then nuke everything but the savegame folder

cfog would be even deader than fog

That did it. You just made my day.
Thanks for responding!

How do you roleplay as Nora? The housewife-lawyer with absolutely no experience in firearms or melee weapons who watched her husband get murdered in front of her eyes, gets thrown in an hostile post apocalyptic world and is somehow immediately expected to board a power armor and mow down raiders with a minigun?

I'm all for having RPG protagonists with a backstory but this particular character makes absolutely no sense, at least compared to Nate the soldier-survivalist.

Hope it really did solve it, have a nice weekend user

roleplay that they were on a sports team in college that is most relevant to your build and that Nate taught her a bunch of shit after he got out of the military.

Or get one of the several mods that lets you circumvent bethesda's retarded writing.

>Brand new 4G phone and this image loads no problem

The only thing I've managed is Nora being a secret agent or something similar.

>somehow immediately expected to board a power armor

I want this fucking meme to die. FO3 and FNV are the only games where power armor needs training

Who mentioned training? I'm just saying, having Preston expect a scared, fresh-out-of-the-vault woman who most likely doesn't know her ass from a rocket launcher to readily jump into one and save them all from a small army of raiders makes no sense.

>tfw you want a laser RCW so you just make one

Wish there was a way to get something playing on TVs in settlements.

There's a Laser RCW mod tho

>How do you roleplay as Nora? The housewife-lawyer with absolutely no experience in firearms or melee weapons
But professional women are tsundere as fuck for firearms, why is it assumed she would have no experience with firearms? Are are you a serf type who thinks only military experience gives firearms training?

The only thing really iffy is the Power Armor thing, but that's more an issue with the game giving you PA right out of the gates. Perhaps doing a setup with needing to salvage a power armor to help a besieged group would've been better with the initial BoS encounter instead of the Minutemen encounter, as then the scribe and Danse could atleast give a few pointers on its use as flavor dialogue to help the immersion along.

What's immersion breaking is why doesn't anyone give Sturges shit?

>Synth
>Former gunner
>Destroys the minutemen
>Follows them along to sabotage their efforts
>Refuses to hack a novice locked computer or picked a novice locked door
>Lets everyone die if SS doesn't come to the rescue

Fuck that guy

>>Destroys the minutemen
>>Follows them along to sabotage their efforts

I don't, since I'm a self-inserting fuckwit secure in his identity. Bethesda's "story" is shit, don't enable them.

Does that old exploit still work where you can nick infinite fusion cores off of BoS knights in the Pyrdwen?

Did any of the patches increase the rarity of two shot weapons because I was already getting stupid shit most of the time like "Poisoner's Pipe Rifle" or "VATS enhanced Raider left leg".
Fucking retarded useless shit just give me an explosive shotgun already.

Just use the Craftable Legendary mod.

Alien blaster projectiles would be pretty cool if they didn't turn everything to ash

Hard to take screenshots of

That looks like a NV screenshot

that still doesn't make any goddamn sense

the shell would have to go through the area of the ejection port but the ejection port literally does not have enough space to support the bolt going back

unless the bolt somehow magically goes forward or some shit

either way, it's not gonna work

>Thirst Zapper w/quantum ammo
>tfw it's really fun to use but it hurts to use it because of how resource expensive the ammo is and how little it gives you

Any straight shota mods yet?

Man, godrays look nice with static objets but as soon as you have moving stuff like trees it's fucking awful.

OI
BUFFSCALE
WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING WITH THOSE WINGED DEATHCLAWS
JESUS CHRIST

So i'm playing a survival playthrough with around 128 mods at the moment but it's at the point where i'm getting one-shot by raiders half the time before i can shoot back (have a survival damage difficulty mod installed.) is it even worth dealing with that shit and having to reload 20 times for each fight i have with anything above a mongerel? Also, weaponsmith extended, worth using or nah? the new calibers mod that it needs seems cool and all but it adds a shitton of ammo and i think it's a little overkill.

I made half HP options!

Technically yes, that mod on LL works with anything humanoid

>buffscale answers a question about /ss/
P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

Why did you give them wings?

>Sneaking
>Nuka Nuke Big Boy
>Sneak crit!
>40% health left
>two dozen big angry winged lizards kill me

simple geometry

buffpai how hard would it be to make a mod that adds power armor to every humanoid in the game?

The truck was transporting vials of a unique type of FEV

It awoke the Eagle DNA inside Deathclaws

Also you can loot the wings and make deathclaw wing stuffed pillows for your settlements

Power armor is actually just furniture.

It wouldn't be hard, just time consuming. It might also break some shit where a guy needs to be sitting in a chair / using a computer, etc.

Just look and see how BoS guys do it in the CK

Nora was from a small redneck village in the deep south. She was always an intelligent girl; while later this would mean that she would get a full scholarship to a law school, early in life it meant she helped out her cousin Billy Joe Bob in his mechanics shop. As her families blood was essentially the second amendment made liquid, she received her first 22 rifle at a very young age and kept up her practice through her life. Her father was also concerned about boys in her high school, and taught her how to beat the ever loving shit out of a man with an extendable baton.

I tend to use variants on that for my mental backstory for Nora; it covers the three basic parts, and otherwise we just have to assume that she's one of the people who takes to violence like a fish to water.

Alternatively, Start Me Up.

>ping
>click click
>ping
>click click
>ping
>click click
>ping
>click click
>ping
>click click

Fucking skyscorpions need to be nerfed

>giant Jackson's Chameleons
>eagle DNA
The fuck? I mean, I would be fine with it, if you did something more with the model than stapling wings to it.

>"I must go, my people need me!"

They're more than just jackson's chameleons.

They've got DNA from tons of creatures in them

Source: Your ass

More like Source: the games
Nice to know you've only played 4.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Deathclaw

>Deathclaws are a large, agile and strong species of mutant Jackson's Chameleon[1] created through genetic engineering, with the addition of DNA of various other species
>Deathclaws being genetically engineered before the Great War and later refined by the Master is mentioned in the Fallout 2 Official Strategies & Secrets strategy guide, written by Fallout 2 lead designer, Matt Norton, as well as in Fallout Tactics.
>Fallout 2 Official Strategies & Secrets is the official Fallout 2 strategy guide published by Sybex. It was written by Matthew J. Norton, one of the two lead designers of Fallout 2. It contains some background information, such as the origin of deathclaws, that was not included in the actual game. Because of being written by the game's lead designer, the information it provides is considered to be canon.

W-what are you talking about?

I was finally able to get Sanctuary with Start Me Up after doing the Concord quests, but it looks like Red Rocket is permanently barred to me
good enough I guess, I'm not starting over

cucked

Cite me an example of where it says in game that they aren't pure Jackson's Chameleons.

>bethesda coding

sorry

supposedly tgm lets you use any workshop when you hold down q

there's also some console commands to gain control of a settlement

Are you from NMA?

NEVER TALK TO ME OR MY TODD AGAIN

Would an official guide written by FO2's lead designer work?

>gets source pushed right into his lardass face
>i-it's not enuff!
>mfw 'tards still not purged

So the last rank of the scrounger perk works better with a smaller clip size right? Or is the ammo gained relative to the size of the clip you're currently using?

Not him, but a wiki is not in and of itself a good source. You use the wiki to find the sources. Which he could have done, true.

Though, he also seems to be of the 'has to be in the game or its not cannon' variety, which technically means it can't be demonstrated to him since the reference used there doesn't say 'additional species' and I'm pretty sure the multiple species thing is outside the game.

>downloading companions

literally every companion feels so out of place

Any way to nerf the values of the Scrap Everything mod? I just installed it to clean up a little here and there, but getting so much fertilizer out of a small pile of leaves kinda feels like cheating.

Oh, so you added those? I thought it was the Avenger minigun mod.
Neat, I liked them (even when they absolutely shredded my sorry ass)

Just wait until you get manufacturing extended and then compost the human meat from all the invading raiders / gunners

I guess crafting more jet than you can poke a stick at isn't so bad..

Considering Raiders are typically dumb as fuck, what would be a good RP background for a raider with high INT who specializes in crafting, laser weapons, power armour, building robots and the like?

I made a mod that lets you craft 10 acid with 40 fertilizer.

I'm not sure if that's scientifically possible but a bag of fertilizer had 1 acid and 4 fertilizer in it, so eh.

The game does some pretty weird shit with fertilizer, like, making rockets. I'm only imagining rockets filled with dirt and poop that blow fecal matter everywhere upon impact.

How do you cope with losing a 10-day save file?

is there any positive outlook for me? Trying a file recovery program at the moment

post tfw having to start over again

Nerd techie from an isolated vault that had to open because of problems, that got overrun by raiders when he was a kid, some of the more pliable dwellers wound up assimilating into the raider band.

what level is old world blues recommended for i'm pretty sure Honest Gays is 15 and Dead money/lonesomeroad is 25

There's a couple options. He could have been captured and offered to repair their shit in exchange for not being skinned alive, and eventually integrated enough to the point where he was a fully member.

He could be a scientist lacking any morals who joined because they promised a good supply of loot to tinker with and he would give up his chem supply in exchange for a higher share of the high tech loot.

He could have started as a raider hunter by using robots but moved onto caravans because they had better shit and eventually attracted other raiders.

Essentially the above but a former BOS scribe.

What said.

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43732/?

How's this robot mod for NV? Really tempted.

What's the best Pipboy/hub UI colours, and why is it light grey?

I've never tried it myself, but the Daughters of Ares lets you be an android girl, and its pretty interesting if unbalancing.

mega.nz/#!eR432B4a!S_oL-FKt5TA6i7kwHFrbNzB6AuQnM_sYXcVcmWPdCSw

It got removed from the Nexus because the dev wanted to paywall it.

ice blue for hud, gold for pipboy

jesus christ
for what reason would you want to play as a robot though

whats the background story

Oh, thanks, I'll keep this around for experimentation.

It was intended as a cheap, modular alternative to GA's heavy duty "buy a new one every time there's an update". Most have been scavenged for parts, but courier bot has managed to last for whatever reason (like being stuck in a hole in the ground or deactivated).

>You find out one of the female Institute scientists was /ss/ing synth Shaun
>What does your SS do when they find out?

>weird

But that's how black powder was made: sulphur and shit.

Nothing, because they've all been blown up a long time ago.

>The SS learns SS was SSed

>tfw you plug up the minutemen castle walls well enough that it's all concrete with no gaps and no clipping through the existing walls

Feels good

>for what reason would you want to play as a robot though
Is wanting to play as a robot not good enough of a reason?

pros and cons of the damage kinds for fallout new vegas

a piece by user

If we make npcs die faster but we also make the courier die as fast
pros
>very intense gunfights
>low level characters have a chance of denting the demigod that the courier will become
>Makes cover ultra-useful
>no more standing around and taking little damage from multiple sources (unless wearing power armor or a really good armor)
>no more loading a magazine onto someone head if it by passes the dt and they are still standing still
>makes non human npcs more dangerous since their attacks would literally kill you
>one person shouldnt be able to clear a vault easily without proper planning and just by charging

cons
>stealth and sniper are ultra OP
>ammo crafting and ammo looting becomes obsolete since it doesnt take that many bullets to kill someone
>armours below powerarmor are fuckin useless
>bulky enemies might die fast too
>slow but high damage enemies get fucked
>frag mine is guaranteed death
>"big" moments ruined since one could kill a boss or someone important easily because of above
>meelee builds and meelee characters are trash
>due to piss pooor AI, they would easily get slaughtered since they do not know about positioning or cover

Possible solutions
>temporary solution for AI
>use npcs tactics mod which fixes ai to a good point
>Solution for meelee builds and characters
>add perk to take reduced damage when using melee weapon
>make npcs use a spring function as the character does
>encourage flanking with meelee rather than charging foward like an idiot
>solution for big bosses dying quickly
>make crime unforgivable (huge rep loss, stronger mercenary squads etc)
>Make it MORE difficult for player to get out (yeah u killed our leader , you wont get off easily) good ie Caesars Tent
>solution for ammo
>make ammo more scarce
>solution to bulky enemies dieing fast
>include inherent dt (maybe it s already done i am not very fond of facing supermutants)

>>frag mine is guaranteed death
That's a pro.

cont;

>Solution to op stealth and sniper
>follow rpg elements
>what i meant about sniper being op is that weapons such as varmint rifle, hunting rifle with scope, and other lower tier rifle other than sniper rifle and antimaterial rifle become so op it is not even necessary to have high tier weapons
>if you arent roleplaying a sniper dont use snipers unless it is absolute fuckin necessary
>stealth is ok but without use of sniper rifle
>gauss rifle should be an OP rifle regardles of damage settings as well as antimaterial rifle
>self control
justification on the vital necessity of more punishing damage system
>makes medicine and survival an essential skill, can no longer be ignored for non medical - survival playthroughs (ie gunman who can survive of stimpacks alone)
>no reality where one big bad guy who is hated by everyone can take 10 shotgun in the fuckin head and not be damage
>balance damage from npcs so they dont fukin kill u in one shot and be a bullet sponge.

idk i felt like i wanted to share. I still have hopes that we could balance the damage system. but i do think it would require long hours of testing and it is not as simple as "le make headshots do le double damage xd"

i think all the attempts so far are good but not good enough. I am starting to get into modding and see if i could do something.

Have we reached the pinnacle of damage mods though?

btw i use jsawyer and i see mods who make their enemies based on vanilla stats, so using those mods makes me rage. They are good content but fuck their npcs

BADABOOM BADABOOM BABY

phrased it wrong sorry

i'm a fag who cares about how things look and i don't really like that robot look

I agree but then it would also be a pro against npcs. Like whats the point of plasma mines, satchel whatever, powder bomb, and the other explosives if u can kill them with a low tier frag mine? Maybe changing the effects against npcs and the player as in :yeah it s a guaranteed death for player because for being a dumbass , but for npcs they should get their legs crippled , knocked down, and lose a significant ammount of health depending on the quality of the explosive.

>one person shouldnt be able to clear a vault easily without proper planning and just by charging

i mean my plan is take cover and shoot em up