Spy Shots! : Toyota Supra

Newest Up Close Shots.

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/news/toyota-supra-spied-up-close-at-gas-station/?sm_id=organic_fb_social_MT_170317_sf63731852&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral
autoblog.com/2017/03/17/parked-toyota-supra-spy-shots/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Toyota Supra will share a platform with the BMW Z5, which appears to be heading in a different design direction. Both rear-wheel-drive vehicles will be produced by Magna Steyr in Graz, Austria.

Powertrain options for the Toyota Supra remain unknown. It could source turbocharged four- and six-cylinder engines from BMW, or it could use Toyota’s new twin-turbo V-6. A hybrid version could arrive later down the line.

-- From the MotorTrend article

Rear

It's a bit safe but I like it.

That rear visibility though.

Yet another ICE car.

that's what cameras are for

Sources :

motortrend.com/news/toyota-supra-spied-up-close-at-gas-station/?sm_id=organic_fb_social_MT_170317_sf63731852&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

autoblog.com/2017/03/17/parked-toyota-supra-spy-shots/

WHAT Y'ALL PEOPLE THINK?!

Backup cameras are mandatory safety equipment anyway.

This. When will manufacturers finally move away from obsolete technology and embrace the future instead?

It certainly has the previous Supra's design elements. Looks soft in these pics. I just hope it doesn't look angry as fuck like the other cars.

Inb4 purists acting like technology is bad.

They must hate money.

But it is m80. If most forms of tech left, I guarantee most people would be happier barring the genuine autists.

t. luddite

looks like an original supra with gt86 elements, I'm fucking hyped

needs the fuck off wing

I think some of the glass is covered up too

These tiny rear taillights look terrible and out of place.

I'm willing to believe they're mostly covered up except for the bare minimum

I wonder what Smokey will make of the new Supra

>V6
Into the trash it goes

t.amerilard

Australiafag actually. If you want 6 cylinders go for the glorious i6, else head up to V8s, we dont want your shitty van engine.

pls god be an inline 6

I am all for inline 6, thought you were one of those muh vee ate guys

another user in the thread said it wasnt confirmed yet what the engine layout would be

We already know it's going to be. And I think you completely miss the facetious nature of that pic.

Yeah I saw. Hopefully they go for the BMW engine, they started up their i6 line again didnt they.

I can imagine anything more bland than a toyota v6 powering this.

i4 hybrid

Don't really see the difference an arbitrary configuration would make. If it's built to compete with the likes of GTRs, who gives a shit.

Is this something special? I walk by these every day on my way to the office in Munich.

We already know? Proof?

>mfw you realize toyota are lazy chinks and will just use their new V6tt

Don't see why not.

Truly hideous desu

>that boring ass front
What happend to the ft-1 concept?It was litterally perfect!Hope they at least didn't change interior!
>Hopefully they go for the BMW engine
Suprem_jentemen_98 joined the server
>>/mlp/
>>/lgbt/
>>/out/

Sights set on the Camaro?

i6>v6 I dont give a shit

>those relatively tiny tires and wheels

God this thing looks so fucking fat.

>world's fastest GTR is a V6
don't see why i6>v6

>that butt head

Oh god I can't stop throwing up. Someone put this thing out of its misery.

Ugly as fuck, jesus christ toyoda

>Hopefully they go for the BMW engine

An unreliable germacuck engine kind of defeats the purpose of buying a Toyota in the first place.

Then again, Toyota using its own V6 would be boring as fuck. This car is fucked no matter what.

Toyota legendary reliability>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>meme engine layout

It's not as though the inline sixes the Supra previously had were "exciting" engines. Just some of them had the ability to handle a great deal more power than standard.

What is that weird lump on the front bumper? It looks very out of place. Headlights remind me of the sc400 for some reason as well
rear end looks strangely like an eclipse

How much is it gonna cost? 40's?

NO WING NO BUY

YOU HAD (((ONE))) JOB

>BMW

FUCK

laffin at all the spastics thinking they are going to see the full design in a car covered up with camo vinyl

Was this a leaked photo by the company or was the autist that saw this in person to fucking stupid to look in and get a picture of the interior? Even if it was preproduction I would've liked to see inside the prototype

theres genuinely nothing wrong with a v6 except the sound, seriously

2 seats.

based on a bmw z5 platform.

...its not going to be a gtr competitor.

the integrated spoiler seem off..

it may actually be functional?

0-60.. 5 seconds?

im guessing.

more than you can afford, pal

Will the top spec engine be completely overengineered like the last one?

>

that pig nose looks completely out of place

Ummm... what's with the one slot/hole in the brake rotor right in front of the caliper?

no slot
is tpms sticking out

it looks like a prelude

No it's not. Its not connected to the wheel/tyre at all.

Underrated.

1st gen Tiburon-esque

What's so good about i6

Naturally balanced (only I6 and V12 are), as well as makes gorgeous noise.

It somehow looks worse every time we see it. Toyota should have just made Supra a trim level for the FR-S with a V6 and optional turbo.

>ITT: Idiots judge a highly camouflaged and clad-up car by it's camouflaged and clad-up exterior.

When it's finally released and it continues to look like ass, I'll be here to say I told you so.

this, if you actually looked closely, large portions of the glass area are covered by the camouflage

This.
Lots of "professional" itt, must be a long bus ride to home.

Corner windows and back hatch are covered. Windshield and side windows are just portholes.

Blame government regulations

With all the crossovers and pickups cars need higher doors and wider pillers. At least it's not mustang level

There are no regulations requiring this-and-that wide pillars or higher doors. Car makers simply don't wanna put enough R&D time into making thin pillar/low door cars that also perform well in crash tests.

How, if they add doors that are heavier and structurally stronger you guys complain it's pig fat. If they use some crazy lightweight material that's strong you guys complain about the price and nobody buys it.

Whats your solution armchair car engineer

This. It's like they don't know that there are dedicated teams that work exclusively on making camouflage and body panels to confuse gullible retards.

R&D stands for "research and development". Obviously designing cars that look aesthetically pleasing and still are safe to crash in is going to require a lot of R&D. It's not like I have the concrete answers and design proposals.
I'm just saying that it's not government regulations, but manufacturers' (and customers') wishes for safe AND affordable cars that results in the thick-pillared, high-windowed econobox designs around today.

hes irrelevant, now ones gives a shit about him now

Only in the US where people are too retarded to drive. In Europe not even airbags are mandatory on new cars, so you can still buy the Morgan Plus4 without an airbag.

That's where you're wrong.

>not noticing that the entire car is covered in flares, held by fucking woodscrews
It's not meant to be visible how it's going to look yet. The car is buried under a complete cover. I don't even think the rear lights will use that kind of LEDs even.

Am I the only one who genuinly hated the ft-1 concept?

Good lord, why does it only have two seats? The Supra's like a Japanese Pony Car, why did they base it on the fucking Z5?

2 seats are the future, no one has friends or family anymore. Heck I barely use my passenger seat might as well have a single middle driving seat in my car

Nope. It looks like shit, it always looked like shit, it's only going to look more like shit when it reaches production, and Toyota should fire that designer.

When was the last time it had 4 seats? i don't remember the MKIV having any.

Had a 944, realized pretty quickly that those back seats are useless, looking up a coupe with actual legroom for my next car. Seeing as the GT86 has literally no leg room in the back, why did Toyota think it was a good idea to not make it a bigger coupe? Surely they could have pandered BMW for some 2 series chassis to basterdize, we already have a hardtop Miata, save it for the MR2 Toyota.

They've never not had four seats.

Looks less pigfat so nice.

And any Lexuses will start using this engine?

The N54 is reliable as hell. It's basically a modern 2jz.

Also, it's ugly as hell. I used to like new cars until the past two years.

For any car thats going to be actually driven by normal the inline 6 is better, I mean just look at the nightmare v6s are to work on

Imagine they randomly reveal a 3jz