Why is it

What's the main reason most people don't get rich?

Settling

children

Usually false memes about how to get rich or how much risk or work is involved.

I blame high school guidance counselors- we've got millions of kids taking career advice from poor employees.

I made my first million after having a couple kids.

which is actually pretty normal if you check the demographics of rich people. Most people don't figure out how to make scads of cash until they're in their 50's or 60's.

They don't want it bad enough or they come from a shitty family. It's always a variant on those two.

Main reason none of my family is rich.

Nice LARP, you should join the renaissance festival

What's it really like being a millionaire? Do you like to show off for the sake of ego?

I want to add, sometimes people don't care about being "rich" because they can get by with comfort and have found other priorities in life that give them more joy.
Nothing wrong with that.

Everyone has their own definition of "rich" too, like literally how much surplus capital they define it with. I don't mean in a philosophical sense.

I can pretty easily prove I've made hundreds of thousands in a single year.

from there it's just a question of how many years before those hundreds of thousands add up to a million?

In my case it's 5. I make a million dollars every five years on average.

kids or no.

>Do you like to show off for the sake of ego?
absolutely.

in real life nobody knows or cares that I'm a paper millionaire. So I show off here.

I also show off to my family by paying to take them on extravagant vacations. But that's not as satisfying because if anything they resent me for that. My kids know, my wife knows. That's about it. Nobody else knows or cares.

>printed 2010
The role-playing is strong. Do you do impressions too.

the thing is dated 2011.

If you'd like to see the original document just tell me what to put on the timestamp.

my other awards are a bit more... identifiable. but I suppose I can post some if you'd like.

I can print fake documents too user

I made this today

Just stop fag. We know you're the pleb who thinks budget cruises and trips to Disneyland makes you rich. You're a middle-class cuck with delusions of grandeur.

If you want to make the thread interesting, post the pictures of your wifey and kids again. That went well for you last time.

By being "main" and "most" in direct contradiction to the rarity implied in being rich.

Tell you what, I have a real government contract for about $100k on my desktop.

you make a fake and then I'll post the real award letter and we'll compare,

ok?

>We know you're the pleb who thinks budget cruises and trips to Disneyland makes you rich
kek
you know how much it costs to take 4 or more people to Disneyland for a week?

more than most people here can save in a decade I'd guess.

They spend more than they make and go in debt

Chill out dude, it's the janitor contractor guy with the ugly (no offense) wife. His life really isn't that exciting, he does stupid normalfag middle class shit, he just has more time to do it and does it a little more often. It's not like he's cruising around in lambos and buying his kids' admission to Yale.

Not that that's bad, either. He seems pretty satisfied/happy with his life, and doesn't have to worry about money. A million dollars really isn't that crazy these days.

They didn't sign up for likefaucet.com

Holy shit I'd kill myself if I had to wake up next to that abomination every day

>with the ugly (no offense) wife
Lol.
What a dick.

Lmao

kek

It's Veeky Forums, nobody pulls punches. Besides, the guy's already explained that he actually loves her and she loves him. People can be in love even if they aren't absolutely 100% physical perfection. If that didn't happen, then humans wouldn't still be around, would they?

kek
I think she's cute. I like her eyes.

She's also a millionaire though. Comes with supporting your husband in his business endeavors.

Though I'm pretty sure people are starting to look better throughout time hence the fact no one looks like a monkey anymore, thanks to natural selection and women's preferences and men's preferences the generations to come you could only expect better looking people and less ugly people overall, ugly people would eventually die out but honestly that would never happen the sun would probably swallow the earth at that point.

On the one hand, I think you're right: just look at pictures of normal people from the 50s and 60s. Fucking ugly. Buuuut, look at pictures of people today: fat. Just can't win, can we?

Alright nigga just hop tf off the thread I created im starting to think you're not a millionaire anymore because no millionaire is going to pursue that like wtf this is the only life you get to live and you decide with your million dollars that's what you wanted? To top it off love her Patrick shirt though.

>It's Veeky Forums, nobody pulls punches
Yeah, I know how Veeky Forums works.
"What a dick" must not be common where you are. When you call your fat friend "fat", it's what he says after he gets done laughing.

I married he when I was piss-broke.

if I had money then I guess I might have married someone else, but I would've been a fool if I did.

I don't mean to derail your thread though. Just seems to happen every time I mention I'm a millionaire. Or retired. Or a business owner.

or anything else Veeky Forums just can't fathom a middle-aged white dude being.

Okay I'm going to be honest, if she got healthy, did some body enhance workouts and got a good shape, worked on a teeth a bit, she'd probably be a nice milf. those eyes are starting to get to me.

>Just seems to happen every time I mention I'm a millionaire. Or retired
You too?
Try mentioning you trade stocks and drive a sports car as well.
Never fails.

she was a hundred pounds lighter and 15 years younger when we got married. It's ok, I had all of my teeth and a stylish mullet with a pony tail back then.

marriage isn't great for people's looks I guess.

>Try mentioning you trade stocks and drive a sports car as well.
kek.

I don't tell Veeky Forums what my wife drives. Makes it too easy.

>Just seems to happen every time I mention
Based on the threads I've seen, people call you out because you exaggerate and stretch the truth. You make large claims, which you subsequently walk back when called out. So it stands to reason that you're not a millionaire. Maybe you will be one day, if you invest wisely and spend cautiously. I.E., the same advice that applies to most middle-class earners.

tl;dr Stop claiming you're rich. At best, you're richer than the average NEET on Veeky Forums which is nothing to brag about.

>it stands to reason that you're not a millionaire.
like I said, depends on which accounting method we're using.

cash method I'm worth a couple hundred grand at best. Accrual method I've been a millionaire since '02 with the exception of the fall of '08 when my net went below a million.

doesn't matter though, I'm retired whatever my net worth is, and that's something most here won't reach until they're 67 or older.

I don't stretch the truth, it's just a matter of how you count it. Come tax time I count it as small as I can.

I'm not your financial advisor, but I can't imagine anything more stupid than someone "retiring" with a six-digit net worth and four (?) kids yet to hit college age. You're exposing your own net worth to massive jeopardy due to the unpredictable nature of your future expenses, and worse yet, it'll be your kids who pay the largest price.

In some ways, I hope I'm right that you're just a 14-year old roleplayer. Because if what you post is actually true, you're one of the worst parents I've ever encountered and criminally retarded in matters of finance.

average household income in my town is $36k, so making three times that doing nothing is more than enough to retire comfortably. What would you do with an extra $50k a year to spend?

My oldest son dropped out of college after I paid for his first three years. That's his choice, if he wants to go back I can easily pay for it.

My youngest son probably won't be going to college. School doesn't seem to be his thing. I can get a 2nd on my house and get him a PhD at Harvard if he wants though. Just doesn't seem likely. He's going to be cruising Veeky Forums and living in my basement in 10 years from the looks of it.

anyways, I'm not planning for the future, I'm living right now. One thing making money teaches you- how to make more money.

>criminally retarded in matters of finance.
Possibly true, but of the two of us I've made millions of dollars and will very likely make millions more.

I am a moron about a lot of things but it seems I'm in the top 1% of non-morons in that field.

Not educating themselves, too scared to take risks and leave their comfort zone, don't want it badly enough/not manifesting the will power and drive to stay in hustling mode

>What would you do with an extra $50k a year to spend?
Move somewhere considerably nicer. But I'm not a redneck, so YMMV.

because they don't save their money

>four (?) kids
two of those aren't mine.

I'm in the habit of taking extra people on vacation with me. Makes it more fun. Plus a couple of those kids would never afford a trip to Disneyland so I paid their way.

>I'm not planning for the future, I'm living right now.
Husband and Parent of the Year.

Come back when you're done with puberty.

>Move somewhere considerably nicer.
that's a decent financial move. Build equity in San Fran and then retire like a king in texas or florida.

I live in a high cost of living area though. Don't let the median household income fool you. My town is booming. I paid $100k for my first house, it's worth $200k plus now and I don't expect it to top out until it hits close to a million.

gentrification is a hell of a thing.

>Come back when you're done with puberty.
right?

play it safe, see where that gets you.
>too scared to take risks and leave their comfort zone
mmmhmm

Their parents tell them to get a job. And that job sucks up their entire life.
And the remaining time is spend on tv, wife, kids.

>I paid $100k for my first house, it's worth $200k plus now and I don't expect it to top out until it hits close to a million.
Work on your roleplaying a bit more. When you go off script, you say stupid like this. Houses in shitty rural areas don't increase ten-fold in value.

This, Veeky Forums, shows why you have to be a skeptic. Any idiot can come onto the site and try to garner attention with claims of wealth and success. Always remember to drill down into the details, to see if the story holds up. And once you spot the frauds, don't give them those (You)s they seem to covet so dearly.

>Houses in shitty rural areas don't increase ten-fold in value.
I've had it for 15 years. It's about doubled in that time.

a ten fold increase is pure speculation and I'm guessing over the next 25 years. Doesn't seem unreasonable though since my $200k house would be worth twice that right now in neighboring communities.

I may be very wrong though, I don't know shit about real estate.

>Always remember to drill down into the details, to see if the story holds up
dude, I'll be on Veeky Forums making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for the foreseeable future, your careful detective work won't change that.

I've got a million dollars worth of work under contract for the next five years, I'm not likely to go away in embarrassment or anything.

>20 posts by this ID
For someone confident of their financial status, you spend a lot of time and effort trying and failing to convince others of your financial status.

Not to mention, I've never seen you actually dispense good advice. On the contrary, your grasp of financial concepts seems rudimentary and dangerous.

So you're not only a loud attention-whore, but you're not a good source of financial advice either. So remind us why you're here exactly?

Actually, don't bother. I don't have the energy to debate trolls this evening. Life's too short.

>I've never seen you actually dispense good advice.
that's because you aren't aware of what I post unless I identify myself.

pic related.

good advice from someone that knows a thing or two about specific subjects.

no sour grapes, I know you're jealous and unwilling to believe. It doesn't matter. the fact is I've done what user wants to do.

>I don't have the energy to debate trolls this evening
probably the one lesson you should take away from this is as follows:

I'm a retired 44 year old insomniac, I have all the time in the world. I'll debate you whether you're a troll or not. I don't care. because you're my free entertainment tonight.

If I help someone else become a 44 year old retired insomniac so be it. I don't give a fuck. People get what they deserve.

not enough money

>I blame high school guidance counselors- we've got millions of kids taking career advice from poor employees.
user i have news for you nobody wants more rich! we got more than enough as far as economists are concerned. they have an in-proportional share of the global wealth and this is screwing the economy.

you can't honestly expect anyone will try to help you get rich.

lack of luck

explain step by step in detail how you went from 0 to a million and it will showcase how you had massive amounts of luck along the way unless you are omitting information.

you should be playing insomnia 24/7

>mfw school guidance put 3 generations into unemployment because they got grants for drama classes and so just put everyone into them

dont let anyone tell you what to do.
you can only learn on your own.

those brown kids are cute desu im brown too

They don't know what they want.

>Unironically downloading "kushandwizdom" images

Are you kidding me? Look at pictures of men from that era. Almost all of them are aesthetic as fuck

No homo

I had only one real stroke of good luck along the way, and that was in getting into business at all.

I know you want to believe financial success is pure luck, and I don't really care what you believe so I'm not going to try to dissuade you. Because whether you're right or not, once you give up your personal agency and consign events to chance you have essentially 0 chance of ever getting rich.

thanks, I like them.

I mean, think of it like this:
the main role luck plays in becoming wealthy is when bad luck screws it up. So just by avoiding bad luck a person could be said to have benefitted from good.
>Bob would've been an Olympic gold medalist if he wasn't eaten by that bear.
It is a fact that the bad luck of being eaten by a bear put an end to Bob's Olympic aspirations. But that doesn't necessarily mean he would've won gold, and it certainly doesn't mean EVERYONE THAT DOESN'T GET EATEN BY A BEAR BECOMES A GOLD MEDALIST.

This understanding of luck also has the drawback of a near-infinite number of chance possibilities that you theoretically avoided in your pursuit of wealth:
>user got wealthy because he wasn't drowned in a freak canoe accident on the Snake river.
It's true that being drowned would put an end to user's money-making career, but not being drowned doesn't guarantee a person will make money. Or not being eaten by eagles, or cut up slowly or roasted to death or having your legs burst like overripe plums. Avoiding bad luck is necessary to success, but doesn't by itself cause it.

Similarly good luck by itself doesn't usually cause financial success (lotto winners are the obvious exception).
>Bob inherits $10k which he invests in granola futures and makes millions.
Now clearly Bob inheriting $10k is quite lucky, and that luck is necessary to Bob's success. But it isn't by itself sufficient to cause Bob's success. Just inheriting $10k doesn't make Bob or anyone else a millionaire, he had to take further action. And that's where most people act to fail or succeed. Most often they fail because they screw up the parts that aren't luck. Get a lucky break and either do nothing or do the wrong thing. So that luck is wasted. Conversely people that know what to do with a lucky break will see more luck and do better at benefiting from it.

so while luck plays a part, it isn't by any means the whole story. Most people waste good luck.