Dueling Network General - /dng/

/ygo/ General #2451

Last thread: New summoning mechanic: Link Summon
Explanation: ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/

● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/baj95caex5si0n3/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy.exe
>YGOPro (Mac): mediafire.com/file/jpok5ejx0fvlu5k/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy-nopics.dmg
>High Quality YGOPro Images: ygopro.co/Forum/tabid/95/g/posts/t/23339/The-Ultimate-HQ-Card-Project
>Manual Card Updates (place inside the expansions folder): github.com/Ygoproco/Live2017

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook, last updated 6/27/15:
yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf

>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players:
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market:
yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html

>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator:
yugioh.party/

>Official /ygo/ ruling test:
testmoz.com/466984

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Tyranno's Rage (February 25th)
●OCG: Code of Duelist (April 15th)

●TCG: Raging Tempest (February 10th)
●TCG: Fusion Enforcers (February 24th)
●TCG: Duelist Saga (March 31st)
●TCG: Structure Decks Machine Reactor & Dinosmasher’s Fury (April 13th)

Before asking to be spoonfed, try the following:
● READ THE OP
● Read carefully the cards
● Lurk and read the archives
● Google your deck before you post it here. If your deck is/was competitive it will probably have topped an event, see the provided links above
● Most games have single rounds or a best of three match; matches are encouraged as they teach you to make use of your side deck for tournament play

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/KUJO_KAREN_/status/832571777876234240
ocg.xpg.jp/deck/deck_search.fcgi?CardDeck=0&Card=MACR-JP024&Flt=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks for fixing the thread #

First for Noble Knights

1st for fuck konami

What does the current Dark Magician deck look like and what makes it so good?

How are the ching chong overlords reacting to this?

My time to shine in new rules.

EXPLANATION FOR NEWCOMERS/CONFUSED FOLK (PART 1):

Fundamental Field Change 1: The Pendulum zone and Magic/Trap Zone have been collapsed together so that you have 3 purely Magic/Trap zones and 2 other zones that act either as Magic/Trap zones or Pendulum zones depending on what you put in it. In other words, if you are using two Pendulum monsters as scales, you now only have 3 open spaces for other magic and trap cards. Likewise, if you are filling all 5 spaces with magic and trap cards, you have no space to place any Pendulum monsters as scales.

Fundamental Field Change 2: Under normal conditions, Extra Deck monsters can no longer be summoned to the traditional 5-slot monster zones (which is now called "Main Monster Zones") from the Extra Deck. They can normally only be summoned to the newly created 2-slot "Extra Monster Zone" that is located in the center of the field between the players, directly in in front of the 2nd and 4th Main Monster Zones (i.e. in front of the 2 Main Monsters Zones that are not the leftmost/rightmost/middle ones). When there are no monsters in either Extra Monster Zone, the Extra Monster Zones are treated as not belonging to either player. The first player to summon an Extra Deck monster will have the ability to choose which of the 2 empty Extra Monster Zones they want to summon the monster in. The instant one of your monsters occupies one of the 2 Extra Monster Zones, the other empty Extra Monster Zone will belong to your opponent and you will no longer be allowed to summon a monster to that other zone as a result i.e. each player can only control 1 Extra Monster Zone at a time. The only way to have more than 1 Extra Deck monster on your side of the field is to utilize one of the newly created Extra Deck Monsters called "Link Monsters".

Nice bajillion dollars you spend on your Extra Deck just getting it to be semi-useful with the Link monsters

Would be a sham if something were to happen

what do these rule changes mean for gladiator beasts?

Things that the Link Mechanic killed

>Norden
>Bahamut Shark
>Ultimaya
>Goyo Minions
>Zoodiacs
>Synchro spam decks
>Xyz spam decks
>Fusion spam decks
>Pendulums
>Set 5 (goes down to 3)

Things that are OP thanks to the Links

>Noble Knights
>Lightsworn
>Dinosaurs
>Kozmos
>U.A.

EXPLANATION FOR NEWCOMERS/CONFUSED FOLK (PART 2):

Link Monsters are a type of Extra Deck monster whose card frame color is dark blue with a hexagonal honeycomb-like pattern. These monsters have neither level nor rank (i.e. they have no stars whatsoever, the space between their name and the picture is blank). Furthermore, where their defense stat would normally be located is instead the text LINK-X, where X is a number that varies depending on the monster. This is the Link Monster's link number. Link Monsters do not have a defense stat. They can NEVER be in defense position under any circumstances.

Steps to summon a Link Monster:

Step 1: Look at its link number.
e.g. Decode Talker is Link-3

Step 2a: Send from your side of the field a number of monsters equal to the Link Number of the Link Monster you want to summon (also keep in mind that you must satisfy the monster material requirement on the Link Monster card)
e.g. Decode Talker is Link-3, so you must send 3 monsters to the graveyard. Specifically in Decode Talker's case, these all must be effect monsters, since it says so on the card.

Step 2b: (Alternative to Step 2a) If one of the monsters that you send to the graveryard for a Link Summon is itself a Link Monster, you can treat that monster as if it were X number of monsters for the purposes of the summon, where X is it's Link Number. (also keep in mind that you must satisfy the monster material requirement on the Link Monster card)
e.g. You send two monsters to the graveyard and summon a Link-2 monster. Now, instead of sending 3 monsters to the graveyard to summon a Link-3 monster, you can instead just send the Link-2 monster + one other monster. Specifically in the case of Decode Talker, these all must be effect monsters and you must use at least two Monsters since it says so on the card, so you can't just use 1 other Link-3 monster.

Lets party

>Synchro is even more dead then before.
You think Yusei might come out of his lab and make things right again?

EXPLANATION FOR NEWCOMERS/CONFUSED FOLK (PART 3):

Using Link Monsters:

Once the Link Monster is summoned, look at the card picture frame. You will see 8 arrows, some of which are lit up red (the number lit up red is equal to the monster's Link number). Field zones that are in contact with the red link marker arrows are said to be "linked" with that Link Monster. Monster Zones that are linked with a Link Monster become additional Zones that you are allowed to Extra Deck summon in.

If you have a Link Monster in the Extra Monster Zone, and thus now have a Main Monster Zone linked to it where you can now Extra Deck summon, you could summon another Link Monster to the Main Monster Zone to extend the number of monster zones that are linked (i.e. if I summon a Link Monster to my Main Monster Zone that has left or right pointing red link markers, those adjacent zones become linked to that Link Monster and thus I can summon an Extra Deck monster there, even though the it isn't linked to the Link Monster in the Extra Monster Zone). That is how you could still possibly fill the field with Extra Deck monsters even though a Link Monster could have at most 3 bottom links (which would make you think you can only have 3 Main Monster Zone Extra Deck monsters since the Link Monster in the Extra Monster Zone could at most connect to 3 of your Main Monster Zones).

If a Link Monster you control has a red link marker that points to an opponent’s monster zone, it seems that the opponent is able to Extra Deck summon in that zone, so that is a negative. On the other hand, if your Link Monster has an effect that relies on having linked monsters, and your opponent has a monster in a zone linked to your Link Monster, you can benefit from that linkage (an example is Decode Talker, which gains 500 ATK for each linked monster. Since Decode Talker has a top-facing link marker, if your opponent has a monster in the zone ahead of Decode Talker, Decode Talker gains 500 ATK).

Why is decode talker such a piece of garbage that you have to use THREE monsters to summon it if you don't want to play more linkshits

Tribute for Spider ;)

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw. I am there.

Is there any reason we won't just be playing Master Peace for the next 3 months?

What other cards will be retrained into link monsters?

I swear on my bonds I will ore no tan once again

EXPLANATION FOR NEWCOMERS/CONFUSED FOLK (PART 4):

An Extra Deck Monster that is properly summoned and then goes to the graveyard can be revived into any Main Monster Zone, even if that zone is not linked to any Link Monster.

Speculation: Maybe the reason Link Monsters can’t go into defense position (and thus were given no defense) is that changing battle position changes what zones the red link markers point to, and thus change what zones are linked. Konami perhaps wanted to avoid giving players that much flexibility in changing available zones.

Miscellaneous Change 1: Normal Monsters now say “Normal” after their Type in the type line, just like how Effect Monsters say “Effect” after their Type in the type line.

Miscellaneous Change 2: There is now a new type of monster (“type” in the sense of “machine/psychic/etc”, not in the sense of “synchro/fusion/etc”) called “Cybers”.

>Link Synchron
>Link Warrior
Screencap this

>Implying Konami wont make a very rare spell that makes all your zones linked for the rest of the turn.
>With it there will be no meta changes
>It will go for almost 200 dollars each
>Mandatory to every half decent deck for the rest of the decade.

Pendulum/Link that Links to the Extra Deck space after being destroyed when?

Hopefully STAR BOY

JUST

DO

A

PASTEBIN

YOU

FUCKING

PIECE

OF

SHIT

FUCK

YOU

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>Retrain of each so that each attribute has generic access to Link
Acceptable

Same as Xyz.

You start out with trash like Illuminight before getting the broken shit like Shock master and ptolemayo.

Blue means you can summon ED there.

>can't be searched efficiently unless it's a field
>and if it is, you can Typhoon it away

Have Spellcounters gotten any new support in any way?

>How are the ching chong overlords reacting to this?

twitter.com/KUJO_KAREN_/status/832571777876234240

Some stores will no longer buy/sell yugioh related products.
Everyone agrees this a very bold move that might fuck up the game beyond repair.

huh, you can link summon with dustons

>stores
>keeps posting that one tweet
(doubt)

Thus is the fate of all cards that specify summoning methods when we all know more and more new ones will come out.

If we get a Link card that gives you 3 spaces for Extradeck summons and lets you fetch level 1-3 Tuners/non-tuners Synchro might stay on a life-line.

Noble Kkights will never be op as long as Kaijus exists

>Goatdolche.dek that uses Honeybae
We will never die, simply evolve

I have a feeling there won't be anything that broken with Links.

I mean, they're literally changing how the entire game is played because of how stupid XYZ and extra deck spam got, and even konami can't be dumb enough to attempt to fix it and then revert it all with new generic and broken Links

Can u even make quzzar anymore?

i wonder if anyone realized that a Link Monster's LINK number directly correlates to the number of arrows it has

What the fuck

Even if you use linkshits, you still need 3 non-linkshit monster.
Unless there's Ultimaya/Bahamut for Link monster.

>Releasing these in the same pack you make a massive rule change
You're a funny guy Konami

Yes, we did. Which is why it is hypothesised that LINK-8 is the max.

yes but you need two links

I was too busy shitposting.

WOAH

>check /dng/ after not really keeping up after a month or two
>chaos
>the new monster type has been introduced
>soft reboot of the meta, the old meta is in shambles
>old cards are surging
>tfw I haven't even finished watching Arc-V and only have a barely function grasp on pendulums still
Wew
Can I use my old beatdown deck now? Or my just for fun Skull Servant deck? This seems fun.

Was this the beginning of the end?

For anyone that collects: what is the a recommended binder to use. By binder I mean regular 3 ring. Was thinking of going with a regular 3 inch zipper binder you would use for school but might opt for basic one. I will be using ultra pro 18 pocket side load pages and kmc sleeves btw.

that tweet alone has 15k interactions + spreads to others
another poll one has 300 or so about how ppl feel neg on it
person who just opened a store posted about loss from this

They introduced xyz as a "balanced" alternative to synchro.

Then xyz ended up more oppresive than synchros ever were. By the third zexal set you had archetypes that looped your entire hand, negated everything, and plussed off killing your opponent's board.

There's no reason to assume it won't happen again.

So far, yeah.
But there might be some quirky outlier in the future like Link-1 monster with 3 arrow, but they all pointed upward

go with the skulls as you have a lawn and princess to play with now

Yeah, and people posted that +12000 lp bullshit on twitter too.

>3 ring binder
Dude no. Ultra Pro makes their own binders. Those rings will break with the lightest of ease and those pages can be torn easily

>Just by this sentence, it means that Extra Deck monster is, as defined by the article, not a monster in Extra Deck.
>It's also not a monster special summoned from ED.
That sentence doesn't imply anything of the sort.

Nice
This'll be fun
The lord is back

They should've keep XYZ cards weaker since they where so easy to access.
but then they released XYZ cards that where both easier to summon and stronger than some of the best synchro monsters.
feelsbadman.

And konami still has the gall to blame the entire extra deck for the game's degeneracy when it was 90% xyz, and 10% norden.

He never left.

Just like there's nothing of the sort there that describes Pendulum as an ED monster.

I want the images to go along with it tho.

Plus people don't read links.

Now to be fair, there are like 3 Synchro cards that are part of the issue.
So make it 89% XYZ, 10% Norden and 1% Synchro.

The king is dead.

But are those binders made by them even good? I was thinking of going with loose pages because at least they can be replaced unlike the set amount you get from up or monster binders.

Are phantom Knights safe. It's the only arc v archetype I like

>When you Summon an Extra Deck monster when the Extra Monster Zone is empty, it must be placed there
>You can't summon Extra Deck Monsters of the same card type of the monster in your Extra Monster Zone

Wouldn't this have been a better restriction?

Alright faggots. Dueling Network is dead. Where the hell do I go now?

reminder pendulums were literally untouched

Fair enough.
Skeletons are forever in YGO, and he's the best of the best.

Long live the king.

>literally untouched
>you have to sacrifice 2 magic/trap slots to use them

So now that they're trying to slow down the game do you think they're going to hit Mermails since they're a super fast and strong OTK deck that doesn't even touch the ED?

Post builds.

If slowing the game is really their goal they'd be fucking stupid not to delete both Diva and Nep-nep.
But t b h I've moved on to Magic exactly because Konami is fucking stupid, so.

What do the japs think?

user from previous thread here. I asked about Master Peace and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Does this look alright so far or do I need to ditch it?

Feels good

>thinking the game isn't dead

The japs hate these changes, they literally have never reacted like this before and players are going to be leaving in droves.

They'll come back soon enough.

Actually, inzektors could make something of a comeback.

yeah sure, they did the same for pendulums

so metalfoes can't sit on 3 counters and vanity's anymore
big whoop

It's possible that they will still be good somehow.
But it's interesting. Because the new DDD cards would have been amazing with the old rules.

Wizards is even worse. The new CEO wants MTG to be an e-sport, like hearthstone

Read the OP, holy shit.
ocg.xpg.jp/deck/deck_search.fcgi?CardDeck=0&Card=MACR-JP024&Flt=1

Totally agree with Pendulums being continuous spells, good on ya. BUT, WTF with limiting summons from the extra deck. Links are stored in the extra deck..so are they upping to deck to 20? It's already cramped with Fusion, Synchro, XYZ, Pendulums. Seems like this "new change" promotes anti-meta sit on a monster BS. Links die like any other monstes, and if they do then when it dies the other monsters linked to it like XYZ etc etc, die too?! I don't know anymore.

It usually goes something like this

probably going to need adjustments with rats and baobaboons for LINKs

Wizards is at least capable of having a healthy meta, due to the way the formats work.
Konami:
>prints absurdly OP easy to abuse cards
>"Oh no we ruined the meta!!!"
>bans them
>"now how do we get people to buy cards!!!"
>prints absurdly OP easy to abuse cards
Wizards:
>prints generally balanced cards, has generally diverse formats
>"Oh no how do we get people to buy cards!!!
>oh yeah lol"
>old set cycles out, new set cycles in

>Pendulums being continuous spells
Not really.
Still can't tribute it for Master Peace.

>when it dies the other monsters linked to it like XYZ etc etc, die too
This is like the 17th time this is asked.
The answer is no until further ruling.

RIP YGO

Came here to give my regards to Synchro based decks.

F

>Wizards
>prints generally balanced cards

F

>all these retards saying that it's still possible to make Quasar

You know, it's also possible to summon Gate Guardian

The only big gameplay change the Pendulum era provided us, in addition to the Pendulum monsters themselves, was that both players could play Field Spells at once, and that the player to go first couldn't draw any cards.

The Link age changes the game completely solely so that Konami could jew it's new monster summoning mechanic on players that rely on the ED. They *could* attract new blood, but at the cost of old fans who don't care about new summoning mechanics and just want good old xyz, fusion and especially synchro decks.

all you need is a 2nd link, it's certainly not perfectly ultimate great moth tier ffs

You don't know shit dude

>Modern has deck called Twin
>it's basically a control deck that could police the meta, ie every deck needed a plan to stop Twin from going off and winning
>Wizards bans it for "format diversity"
>The next week after, Eldrazi Winter happens and becomes the most dominant deck in the history of Magic
>Eldrazi gets one card banned (Press F for Eye of Ugin)
>still all over the place
>thanks to twin getting banned, the format is reduced to linear aggro decks packing silver bullets

>Wizard blocks certain cards from being made anymore because they're "anti-fun"

>prints generally balanced cards, has generally diverse formats
>literally just banned 3 cards in standard and gutted the fuck out dredge and zooicide
>only one card in Aether Revolt is any good