How much would it cost to fix a rust hole like this?

>how much would it cost to fix a rust hole like this?
>how hard of a job would it be to fix?

I am looking to buy a vehicle I have always wanted, however it has this one bad rust through spot, the rest of the vehicle is in great shape just this one spot sucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

landcruisersdirect.com/cars/1989-toyota-land-cruiser-bj74-lx-6113/
youtube.com/watch?v=3xy6JsgxtFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

at least tree fiddy

damnit /k/

>the rest of the vehicle is in great shape
Almost 0% chance this is true

>how hard of a job would it be to fix?
To do it yourself, properly? You'll need a welder at the very least. The less equipped you are the more difficult it's going to be. For that exact rust spot in the picture I would cut that section out of a parts car and seam weld it in past the rusted area. You'll need to paint the quarter for it to blend in, which you'll have to pay someone to do since you don't have a paint booth. So to do it properly you'll either need to take some body work classes or pay someone a few grand to do it. You'll need to show an actual picture of the car or at least say what make/model it is for any more info than that.

OK maybe the rest is in "Good" Shape, but other than that rust spot most everything else seems to be cosmetic.

landcruisersdirect.com/cars/1989-toyota-land-cruiser-bj74-lx-6113/

That thing is fucked, rust around the windows says it all, that may not look bad to you but it's a complete mess to fix, and there's lots more rust hiding on that car, it's been painted over, it's not original paint. Stay away from that thing.

Don't worry about cutting panels out of parts cars and seam welding them. Fuck that shit, your not bare metalling the car. Start with a cutoff wheel on a grindee, cut as much steel out as you need to to get it back to good metal. Now get yourself a bit of zinc coat sheet metal and cut it bigger than the hole you are trying to patch. Bend it roughly to shape and fit it in behind the panel with some overlap where the old panel ends and the patch begins. Tack your patch in place and use a small hammer to tap the edges of the hole down to meet the patch. Now tack the patch in with 1 weld every 10mm or so. If you try to weld the whole way round you'll overheat and distort the panel. Use a 40 grit wheel to take the high spots off the welds and rough up the patch and fill and shape the repair with body filler.

tl; dr - cut the hole out bigger, patch it from behind and fill it with bog (Bondo)

>Rust around the rear driver side tail light, but clean rear floor and rockers.

Where does it say rust around the windows?

not that guy but the pictures say it, have a gander, there is literally a picture of rust below a window

I looked through all the pictures, there's rust around the windshield, at the bottom of the quarter where the mudflap attaches, the bottom of the quarter under that hole, it's obvious many seals such as the windshield and right taillight have leaked quite a bit and water has sat inside the body panels, rusting from the inside out. Once you started sanding around these bubbles the nightmare would reveal itself, those panels are going to be rotted out and paper thin even where the paint looks good. It's one thing if it's rust from body damage exposing the bare metal in the middle of a panel, then you could ghetto fix it if you wanted to as this guy suggests-
But rust around windshield and cowl, taillight housing, and wheelwells is a whole different story, there is no easy fix. Even just the windshield frame would be too much to deal with for a car that's hard to find parts for, either the glass or seal will be destroyed if you try to remove it, removing the cowl is a huge mess if it's welded in, this car is massive trap for anyone underestimating how much rust is there looking at pics on the internet, way too much work for that price.

>landcruisersdirect.com/cars/1989-toyota-land-cruiser-bj74-lx-6113/

If you arent looking for a show car I think its a good deal, I mean that amount of rust is minimal, its nothing that would stop me.

on the topic of fixing things, what am I to do if my ignition coil is doing what is happening in this video? Cost of replacement on a '99 audi a4?

youtube.com/watch?v=3xy6JsgxtFE

Did you trip on /k/?

>sand it down o metal
>patch with fiberglass
>sell asap as it will comeback within weeks

Rust isn't that big of a deal

Pls be b8

where are you located?

North Carolina

Buy it, looks awesome

Looks like its been badly repainted. Probably a bondo hackjob.

>2000 + 17
>welding