/ng/ - Nioh General

birb edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>Little things to know

Your amrita counter turns gold when you have enough to level up.

If you're going to sell your gear, break it down first and sell the materials because they are worth more.

Using spirit stones will charge your spirit weapon.

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected, this saves time running back to your grave and also takes away the risk of losing all your amrita before you reach your grave

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour when you defeat them, these pieces are good but they often require investment into skill or strength etc. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon. This is a great advantage because your forged gear has lower requirements and you don't have to farm the boss all the time for more pieces.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most. Don't worry if the clan you chose is on the losing side (red or blue team), clans can change color if one is dominating too much.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XT5vY7kXzeg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IZA

>unlock the second blacksmith
>spam X on Speak to Tome
>infinite Patronage points
>Profit

What should I reroll?

JINJOU NI SHOUBU

Either Ki Reduction or Ki Damage.

soul match familiarity to A+ or replace it and roll it.

What do you guys think? Can I savescum from the save where I just got 320 weapon to get another 320 weapon or do the 320 mission first???

NEVER EVER

Single non-humanoid:
2kat > 1kat > kusari > axe > spear
Single humanoid:
spear > 1kat > axe > kusari > 2kat
Group of enemies:
spear > kusari > 1kat > 2kat > axe
Living Weapon moveset:
spear > 1kat > 2kat > axe > kusari
Highest DPS possible:
2kat > 1kat > kusari > axe > spear

Just got to NG+, now where do I farm revenants for divines?

How important are prestige points? Can you be significantly stronger by choosing the right points for your build? I feel like restarting the game because I spent a bunch on life and yokai realm making a tanky heavy armor build but I did not end up liking its play style and respec only works for character stats.

I'm using everything from the Warrior of the West armor/weapon set except the bow and it's pretty high level but it doesn't look like I'm getting the set bonuses, why?

Please help:

I just one shot the ice boss, am I op? I was level 64, my wep is a fire spear doing 417 dmg a hit and I'm wearing 5 piece war of the west, should I ditch the armor?

>highest dps possible
>2kat above 1kat
>spear is the worst

Anyone use/forge these a bunch? Is it really only able to have that many slots? I've yet to see one with all spaces filled.

You are if you're using enough pieces. Highlight a piece of the armor set in your inventory and press L2 a couple of times to see which bonuses are active.

2kat has water sword with momentum for dps
you can't beat that, not even with sword of execution

The bridge with the axe monk usually has a lot, just dont aggro him and branch out when you're done

>Highest DPS possible
>Axe that low
[Raughs]

[X] Doubt

So I just found a 2kat that has A scaling with spirit, at 40 spirit it seems to do about the same damage as 20/20 heart/skill, but is it a bit overkill to level spirit that high?

Everything on ng+ is so bulletspongy, it's annoying.

Why do these keep on dropping? Is something wrong with my game?

The ice woman boss, Nobunagas wife. I had around 7 elixirs, i'm not saying this to brag, i'm disappointed. I don't seem to be struggling on any boss and i'm wondering if i'm just OP as fuck and ruining it.

jinjo ni.....SHOUBU

they only drop without special effects from revenants, it's a bug.

>taking a photo of your screen
>on a fucking PS4
this is not jinjou

Imagine if after all this time of you grinding and farming for the perfect weapon the PVP comes out and is just an arena mode where they remove all stats and you can only fight with base vanilla gear.

>caring about pvp

Nothing, its fine.

What'd you just start the game? NG+ Ki damage is incredibly important, and the only way he should re-roll guard ki reduction is if he dodges instead of guarding.

only until you get yourself a real nigga weapon, then it all melts even worse than before

I could have probably one cycled this cat if I used carnage and weakness and had a weapon higher than +3. I also haven't reset my stats and they're all over the place

>Not caring about the thing that will make or break the game in the long term

>scared cus bad

>finish my axe run
>74 deaths, ~30 from summoning random revenants, ~15 from shima sakon
>most bosses 0-2 deaths
>end level 95
I noticed on my level completion tracker I got 3 levels/mission solidy until the last 3, those each gave 10 levels each. It was already pretty obvious but those missions are the best to farm amrita in.

Also Suzaku is busted. Best birb.

those of you who use 2kat, what combos/strategy do you generally use? Most of my attacks feel weak as shit. I don't have access to the cuhrazy moves yet.

>caring about a tacked on addition that the game was clearly never built for
onimusha wouldn't have benefited from pvp, I see no reason for nioh to have it

>sloth

Tome cute

sloth won't make a difference when it's dead before it can do its opening animation

>Ki damage is incredibly important

Why?

>a vocal minority
>making the game
surely you jest
at best (worst, actually) pvpfaggots will cry non-stop for retarded balance changes, they will attract even more soulsfaggots into community and in a year you will have the same shithole of a community as current dark souls playerbase

>guarding instead of dodging
y tho

if you don't want a standardized arena with presets then you're retarded

pvp should never be gear dependent

>tfw want to get 320 range
>only get melee

just fuck me up

Is the axe supposed to make the game this easy? Almost everything dies in 2 heaven&earths, and bosses are a joke. Did I accidentally choose the game's easy mode or do I just click with this weapon?

how are you dealing so much damage?

But thats how it is in Diablo and this game is more Diablo than Dark Souls.

anyone can kill things fast after buffstacking like crazy, even with non-divine gear

>traverse the encroaching darkness
>actually just kill the target enemy
Or you can just rush where onmyo faggot is and win?

In general I think this game is far easier than advertised.

I go to low stance and press square. If I want them to die faster, I go to mid stance and press square. If they aren't moving or blocking at all, I go to high stance and press square.

It's actually that White Tiger has pitiful health

>Sloth on white tiger
>Sloth at all

you don't deserve that axe

Windstorm shit, random slice shit, water sword shit, sign of the cross shit, etc.
Damn near every skill you get is broken in its own way you just have to learn how to incorporate stancedancing/lowstance dodge pulses and learn to what skills flow best into others without screwing you.

yeah but in diablo 2 most people could make most builds just fine

abusing an (as of now) exploit to get level 320 gear is not something everyone can or will do

Do we have a /ng/ official Secret Word?

Divine gear can have 5 normal special effects, you are missing one there

spam god of wind against humans
spam square when appropriate, use the high combo ender when it would look cool
water sword whenever i can water sword

tl;dr press square

no

>caring about a tacked on addition that the game was clearly never built for

''The last-minute reveal of PvP has led to speculation that it may be a recent addition to the game. However, Hayashi indicated that Nioh was designed from the outset to accommodate the mode.

"As a rule within the game, [main character] William, as well as the enemies that you fight, move and operate in the same way. The reason why we created that game rule is because of developing player versus player at a later date."''

this isn't even half optimal buff stacking though, this is just power pills and the axe buff with a water enchantment

I use it when farming stuff to kill things quicker, I didn't use it on the normal playthrough

So it will be a later addition, but it was designed to support it.

onimusha 3 did have multiplayer though

are you implying Diablo 2 has or had not trillion exploits?

pvp = multiplayer but multiplayer doesn't inherently = pvp

They had PVP in mind from the very beginning. Is not tacked on.

What are some guardians worth enhancing? Putting one level into the spider seems like a good idea because you get 5 extra luck.

Favorite nioh pet?
youtube.com/watch?v=XT5vY7kXzeg

Sanada is apparently going to be in the DLC, so you can pay to get the Crimson Master armor eventually.

of course it did
but you didn't need them

even if you had the absolute best level 150 armor in existence one of those level 320 weapons will kill you in a single hit

What level are people finish NG at?

they're gonna remove them soon, they were probably never meant for players to have in the first place

>lvl 320 items are an exploit

Nope. You are just jealous you cant craft one.

it was multiplayer pvp.

Given how awful the player vs player combat in this game is (infinites, no stunlocking whatsoever, focus on passive ki break fishing), no, it will be simply tacked on. And if they will try to fix it they will fuck up the pve balance which is much more important.

i pumped up the water dragon for the additional amrita and money gains.

Don't think about it too much though. Maxing a guardian spirit is piss cheap

How would i spread my stats for a chain sickle/2kat build?

if they remove 320 before nerfing magic and buffing ninjutsu I'm legit pretty mad because this is singleplayer game after all.

First character 111, second character 95

Lies fuck off.

buy important skills and get high damage kusari/2kats

your stats don't mean dick

99 dex

spirit for the pokemon bonuses you want, a bit of magic for the onmyo you want, enough skill and I think body to wear light equipment and the rest between dex and skill

make one

I have a full set including weapons
I really hope they're removed

>she shits out little spider

muh

nice

Does this game have an end? I just killed the giant skeleton but it keeps giving me new missions.

>Centipede and spider boss

How did they consider these worth of being bosses? They're a damn joke.

Kill the slimes.

>wanna use something other than Red Demon set
>Master Swordsman is too heavy, even at 40 stamina
>can't get the flying fuccboi to drop the Yata Garasu smithing text

What are some other sets with good bonuses? Don't mind going into B agility. I just don't want to wear this shit anymore

I want to brutally fug this moth

Carnage is too strong

spider boss is harder if you don't collect all the hiragumo fragments, so it at least has the potential to be a slight challenge

centipede causes a surprising number of retards a lot of aggro

Thanks! At least I know I won't need to check the items.
Just need to find where the noble shit is

you're in the last 10% until NG+