Sup, Veeky Forums, I've been thinking of replacing my flywheel with a lightweight one and have a few questions:

Sup, Veeky Forums, I've been thinking of replacing my flywheel with a lightweight one and have a few questions:

How universal are flywheels? Do they need to be engine-specific? Or car model specific? Manufacturer specific?

How much will acceleration impove? Or generally how good is in terms of bang for the buck? Can it fix my laggy throttle response?

>How universal are flywheels?
Not at all.
>Do they need to be engine-specific?
Yes.
>Or car model specific?
No.
>Manufacturer specific?
Yes
>How much will acceleration impove?
Depends on car and engine.
>Or generally how good is in terms of bang for the buck?
It is a hell lot of work and usually doesn´t do much.
>Can it fix my laggy throttle response?
To a low extend.

>Can it fix my laggy throttle response
If you're looking to fix this, there are alot more things before the power gets to the flywheel that would be the culprit.

Such as? I really need to do something about the throttle response because it is a fucking joke really.

Nice trips btw

>laggy throttle response
elaborate pls

Is it carbed or EFI?

EFI. The engine is 3S-GE

Well the lag between pressing the gas pedal and the revs actually beginning to even move is quite substantial. This essentially makes throttle blip impossible but also means that any faster launch is also very hard.

not flywheel.
you have another issue, check the normal service items and also the ignition timing.

Try tightening your throttle cable first, then cleaning the throttle body and see if that helps. Very common on all cars that have some age on them.

I tried cleaning the throttle body but it was actually extremely clean when I opened it. As for the throttle cable being tightened the mechanic I asked to do this said that it's already fairly tight and making it even tighter will only make the throttle stay slightly opened.

What service items? And how do I check the ignition timing?

Do a OBDII check on it and look at ignition timing, A/F ratio and intake pressure.

Problem is I have the euro model which doesn't have OBDII.

OBDI?

I don't know but I don't think this is OBDI either

lol nope.
Its a paper clip and count the flashes deal.

Google how to check the ignition timing, you need to do some shit with the diagnostic box again.

Normal service items include air and oil filters and an oil change.
Also check for shit like dragging brakes etc

Does it have any type of diagnostig plug?

Yeah but it's mostly for reading codes via jumping it by a paperclip.

>Normal service items include air and oil filters and an oil change.
>Also check for shit like dragging brakes etc
All checked and fine.

>How much will acceleration impove?
If your computer was retarding the timing because the engine preferred premium high octane fuel instead of the regular fuel you give it, then you would get better accel trying premium. Of course, the tank should be closer to empty when you do add premium to avoid dilution.

You have to be careful sometimes. I had a lightweight flywheel in a car that kept throwing misfire codes because it was messing with the knock sensor and it interpreted the RPMs dropping too quickly as a problem. It came up about every 50 miles or so, and it took me a long time to figure out that was the problem. The misfire code would have caused an emissions test fail even though there was nothing wrong with the car.

In most circumstances light flywheels are a bad idea in a street car. If it's a sporty car the manufacturer probably already put in a suitably light flywheel. If it's not a sporty car then why even bother.

>In most circumstances light flywheels are a bad idea in a street car
This.
Also an engine made for a more heavy fly wheel will be more problematic when you change gear in low speed because the heavy flywheel keeps the engine RPM more stable as you engage the clutch, even more so if you did install sinter clutch which would be a very bad idea for a DD if it was made for a heavy flywheel.

>mfw engine runs instable under 1700rpm
>mfw engine starts shaking
>mfw weird rattling noise
3-cylinder life

>mfw I have a petrol engine and sometimes I change gear as low as 500RPM because of it's insane torque and heavy fly wheel.
4-cylinder life.

At least it gets 60mpg and sounds nice above 3000rpm.

You can sort of interchange flywheels, but it needs to have the same bolt pattern as your engine, the right ring gear diameter to mate with your starter, the same friction surface ID and OD as your clutch, and you need to find a pilot bearing that will fit both your flywheel and your transmission input shaft.

In general, just stick with one that's advertised for your specific car, engine, and transmission combo.

It will slightly increase your acceleration in second gear, but generally not in other gears. It will make your engine spin up and spin down faster when the transmission is in neutral. It will make your throttle response better, but if your throttle response is so bad that hurts the day-to-day driveability, you've got problems that you should address directly rather than treating symptoms. Check your O2, TPS, and knock sensors for proper operation as your first step.

If it's an hybrid it's not really 60mpg since the engine isn't actually doing all the work.

It is a naturaly aspirated multi point injected gas engine.
No hybrid, no tubo and no direct injection.

So it's a Suzuki and it's probably not even a car, but a engine powered mumen rider vehicle.

It is a Toyota with 4 real Seats, 4 doors and a trunk.

Why are you avoiding answering what car it is?

Real mpg or your fake mpg?

2009 Toyota Aygo
Average on a tank of gas.

>2009 Toyota Aygo
>67HP
>93Nm
>60MPG
>And also 60Minutes per mile.

No, are you using UK gallons vs American gallons?
The US gallon is used in the United States and is equal to exactly 231 cubic inches or 3.785411784 liters. The Imperial gallon or UK gallon is used in the United Kingdom and is equal to approximately 277.42 cubic inches. Its exact value is defined as 4.54609 liters. One imperial gallon is approximately 1.2 US gallons.

It does drive 110 mph and only weights 850kg.
I used the burger gallon.

It also feels like Haiti in 2010 when it finally do reach that speed in a down hill.

I reached it on a flat Autobahn (A46 from Erkelenz to Wanlo)
It didn´t even feel bad, it was funny.

I get up to those speeds in less than a kilo meter in my 2 tone car. :/

That Twingo only has 75hp at best though. I assume your two tonne car has more than 150.

Any car with a dual mass flywheel will benefit greatly switching to a single mass though.