WRX vs Audi

Which one is a better car to own as a daily driver? This includes costs, like MPG and repairs.

I'm really into the WRX because I had a bugeye back in the day and the new ones seem relatively refined for a daily driver. I know what to expect from them in terms of reliability and repair costs.

For Audi I would probably get an A4 or really any sedan with a manual. I like that they are pretty refined, so I think they would make a comfy and good looking daily. However tha part that scares me is how much they could potentially cost to maintain, as I have never owned one. My only experience with German cars are E46s that seem to need a good amount of repair work.

If I got the Audi, it would be used.

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/6049358576.html
motortrend.com/cars/ford/focus/2014/2014-ford-focus-st-vs-2015-subaru-wrx-comparison/
grandprixsubaru.net/new-inventory/index.htm?model=WRX&trim=Limited (M6)&trim=STI&saveFacetState=true
cars101.com/subaru/wrxsti/wrxsti2017.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why a wrx? i like the legacy more. especially the turbo ones

Good question, I guess the WRX seemed like the go too car for performance for your money. However since I want something more refined then Legacy could be good.

Do they still make turbo legacy with manual? Used is fine too I guess.

Ok, so they do have some used ones:

2005 legacy turbo for 9k

2012 legacy for 20k

I kinda like the look of the 2005 more.

Bought a WRX last year. I do not regret it because of the money I saved, but my brother has an A4 and I am admittedly jealous of how comfortable the interior is. WRX is ok, but it's a bit smaller and doesn't have the same creature comforts or luxury feel.

That said, thats not why I got it.

Neither. One has a shitty meme engine and is unreliable and the other is an unreliable vag product. stop pretending you need awd faggot.

Well AWD isn't a requirement but it would certainly be nice. It rains here a lot and If I ever want to go up to the mountains then AWD drive helps.

Any suggestions for a RWD daily driver manual sedan?

g37, e39, e60, e46, ls430, gs350/430

If I got the WRX, I would probably go for the Limited package just to get some of the nice things. I guess I will have to try them both out and see what feels right. Of course the economics of the cars is still important for being a daily driver.

>calls the Subaru unreliable
>recommends aging BMWs

>boohoo vag is unreliable
>suggests an e60

Thanks. I did drive an E46 330i ZHP in the past and really loved the car however it didn't seem that reliable.

Here's a harder question: Are there any RWD diesel cars in manual?

Gtfo bemer faggot and take your broken rusted turds with you

bmws have problems at moderate-high mileage and obviously if you're looking at buying a used bmw you buy one that has had the most things already replaced.

nope. you'd have to forgo the manual and get a 335d, 535d, or E350 bluetec.

I almost did the limited, but ended up upgrading to a classic blue premium. As far as upgrades go, it was only a couple thousand extra -- far better than BMW or Audi, and worth it for the heated seats, leather, and sunroof.

the answer is Acura TL SH-AWD

Audi is shit, go with a Subaru if you know what to expect.
The only thing this retard offered that is worth it is the ls430, BMW is absolute trash and infiniti doesn't offer much.

Raced a WRX on the highway in my 2014 A4 2.0, after watching him speed with a lifted bro-truck Ram

Even though the quality between Audi and Subaru's AWD is always debated, we both were pretty much going at equivalent speeds/accelerating similarly past 110

The thing is, the dude probably had his shit modded/tuned while mine was still stock

Hideous trash

Nigga the wrx is made entirely of plastic and understeer
The audi understeers too but at least it's comfortable . Though it won't be as fun
Different cars t b h

>Different cars t b h
Both shit cars t b h

Get a MX-5 RF.

>understeer
I like this meme because it shows who can and can't drive. Tells the difference between idiots who don't know how to oversteer in an FF or AWD vehicle

Randy Pobst is an idiot, eh? You must be a seasoned racer

>The audi understeers too but at least it's comfortable

Audi is really stiff compared to a MB.

They actually drive really well. But obviously to the wrx it will lack that sportiness edge. But it's a bad comparison

So is the Audi, but at least Subaru isn't stupid enough to use plastic in mechanically important parts

Audi if its a lease, I'll tell you for a fact they'll give you a A3 2.0T Quattro DSG for what Subaru wants for a 2yr lease on a WRX ($300-350~/month).

Subaru if you're owning it out of warranty without a doubt. There's a reason why these cars have such retarded strong resale and you can pick up any 3 y/o entry level luxury car for $10,000 less than it was new.

Oh yeah, Randy Pobst on the 2015 WRX:

>I drove the car and the car just told me to drive faster, lap after lap.

motortrend.com/cars/ford/focus/2014/2014-ford-focus-st-vs-2015-subaru-wrx-comparison/

Honestly, unless you REALLY need a Sunroof, Leatherette, HIDs, and Heated Seats, save the cash and get a base model. If you're going for a Limited ($29-30k) pay a little more for a base STi and have a car with stronger resale, better performance (driveline/suspension/brakes) and most of those extras standard.

>but at least Subaru isn't stupid enough to use plastic in mechanically important parts

lol, seriously? massive fucking recall for the exact thing you posted. 99% of modern cars are throw-away items, stop meming already /o

Randy also said the focus st is funner than a wrx.

>Honestly, unless you REALLY need a Sunroof, Leatherette, HIDs, and Heated Seats, save the cash and get a base model.

The problem is I really do need those things... At the very least I need HIDs, and would prefer not to do a full retrofit, so that leaves me to just putting HIDs in the halogen projectors.

>If you're going for a Limited ($29-30k) pay a little more for a base STi

I have though about it. What's holding me back is that it gets worse fuel economy and the newer WRX engines are way more efficient. It would also cost more for insurance and be a stiffer ride. However still might be quite enjoyable.

>>If you're going for a Limited ($29-30k) pay a little more for a base STi and have a car with stronger resale, better performance (driveline/suspension/brakes) and most of those extras standard.

Companies literally spend millions of dollars of research on product pricing to suck people into this line of thinking.

The price difference between a Limited WRX and a Base STI is not far off from the price difference between a Base WRX and a Limited WRX. You are literally telling someone to spend either $27,000 or $36,000.

There are also little things that can make all the difference - like the OEM head unit in the Limited WRX actually not being a total piece of shit like it is in the base and the premium.

If bang for the buck AWD sports sedan as a nice DD with leather and such is what you're looking for, then the Limited WRX is the best in the range - especially if you're not looking to do all kinds of mods and shit like cracking open the headlights and ghetto-rigging LED/HID retrofits.

As far as WRX vs Audi goes, they are extremely different cars. The A4 is more expensive, more luxurious, more tech, softer, prioritizes comfort, and is more expensive all around. The WRX is more hard-edged and raw, plus significantly cheaper. As far as new WRX vs used Audi - well that's all up to what you're really looking for a in a sedan.

grandprixsubaru.net/new-inventory/index.htm?model=WRX&trim=Limited (M6)&trim=STI&saveFacetState=true

Local dealership in the area and checking a few others,the price difference is closer to $4,000. You probably would have more lee-way negotiating on a WRX over a STi though, and the insurance will obviously be cheaper on the WRX. But the STi will be a better all around car, imo.

$32,615 for the 2017 WRX Limited
$36,603 for the 2017 WRX STi

The Base STi has most of the WRX Limited features (HIDs and LEDs for example) minus the Infotainment system, Sunroof, and Power Seats (STi has Suede, WRX Limited has Leather). This page does a good breakdown.

cars101.com/subaru/wrxsti/wrxsti2017.html