/mbgg/ - Mobage General #656

You just got gumi'd!

This general is for discussing the less popular mobage (Mobile Games). Games whose Veeky Forums generals wouldn't last a day or two on their own and games that are not popular enough for their own general. Typically these are Japanese only games.

>Current English Games
Potion Maker, Terra Battle, Panzer Waltz, Valkyrie Connect

>Current Foreign games
Battle Girl High School, Shironeko Project & Tennis, Warship girls, Shoumetsu Toshi, Girls Frontline, Alternative Girls, Destiny Child, #Compass, Tagatame

>For a complete list of games played in the thread and more information about them, please read this:
ofo.jp/j/jKix

If looking for game recommendations or suggestions on what to play, please check the above docs. This docs is regularly updated with games and has all the games discussed on the thread.

>Help! The game I want to play is not available for download on the store:
Read this for information on how to find APKs or getting around region locks.
pastebin.com/Nsg98EEf

>Upcoming mobage doc
ofo.jp/j/h7Pt

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

apps.qoo-app.com/en/upcoming
youtube.com/watch?v=pLHLVqnFn_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

can someone explain the >gumi meme

gumi a shit

Is GEO dying already? I've had issues getting in all day and whenever I did manage to, I couldn't find any other player.

why?

Any new mobages coming out this month or next one? Fantasy Life is on April but I dont see anything before that.

That's why I'm surprised it's still alive.

They are cheapskates on giving premium currency on their games after initial ones. At least you don't really need to pulls on Alchememe unless you want limited time units.

God Eater Online.

apps.qoo-app.com/en/upcoming

probably because its shit.

Not gonna lie, it really is shit, even for a God Eater game. Some of the better weapons from Rage Burst are RIP, it feels simplified (ex. in RB I had to get a rank 4-5 weapon to instakill an Ogretail, here I can do it even with the default weapon), etc.

Still, I genuinely feel that it's better than some of the shit discussed here.

Insanely jewish company that is super mega stingy when it comes to giving away things or premium currency. The whole alchememe 1year anniv is a miracle and I wonder if it'll ever happen again.

Chain chronicle - Hyped massively only to die after the big 1year birthday bash.

Had numerous game breaking bugs that made you think monkeys were the ones in charge of the game that included but were not limited to taking the game down for a WHOLE WEEK to add a feature, fucking the gold summon rates to the point where players could infinitely summon from arcana coin gacha by selling the pulls and using what they pulled to fund more pulls and actually turning a profit by farming the gacha of all things.

Tagatame - Had one of the most hilariously sad launches last year. Nearly crashed and burned with insanely bad server issues, getting connection errors in the middle of rolling so you'd get tossed back to title without seeing your rolls and the epic ruse they pulled with the free launch rolls where they promised everyone 11 free 10-rolls but it turns out they were shitty rolls where you only got shards towards a character instead of the character itself.

Phantom of the kill - Literally rewrote/remade the game and the story to fit to a western audience. I hope you werent interested in reading the game story or rolling for cute weapons because all you're going to get is edgy IT ALL STARTS WITH ZERO shit. The tutorial/story is remade with a new MC, the gacha is polluted with global original males that are subpar compared to the females in terms of design and gameplay and a total disappointment for anyone that wanted POTK in English.

I'd write something about shinobi nightmare but I was so disappointed in gumi that I didnt even bother trying shinobi on release but know that it had a pretty awful release too and it has the worst rates of all their games.

I was perfectly okay if it looked and played like the PSP game but it doesnt. It looks and plays worse. I dont know how they fucked that up when Monster Hunter FU for mobile is excellent.

thats a shame alice order was mediocre but had nice designs and was still better than the average mobage

Well, fuck, now that GEO ended up sucking, I really do have no mobages to play. I dropped #compass because whoever said the game was skill-based can go eat a dick (the deck you have > the skill you have) and that was the last one I've had some sort of fun with. I don't think I want to follow this thread's tastes either, I'd rather die than play ex. DC. The hell do I do now?

Nothing. There is nothing left. Time to play real video games.

Seemingly similar problem with F/GO at launch. I guess I'll wait and see the reception after at least 1 month.

If I wasn't a poorfag and had a PC that wasn't shit, or an actual console, I wouldn't bother messing with mobile in the first place.

front butts and back butts

Nah. Shinobi delivered as promised but then they jsut didn't do anything with it for months and months and months. Combine that with little to no free gems a ton of people dropped it and had good right to do so.

They've since dropped the dungeon crawling cept for select parts and I have mixed feelings on it.

On one hand, I believe it was having to design and model a dungeon every time was what kept them from shitting out events so without those, events can be done more easily. The persona/SMT combat is still fun in on itself anyways.

On the other hand, the dungeons weren't actually badly designed and were the crawling itself was pretty damn fun. It's 100% an absolute waste though that they threw away all the assets related to dungeon crawling in the story. Like, I get not doing it for events but why remove it from story mode?

To add to that, I played Blazing Odyssey back in its release, another gumi game although I don't think it's ran by fggames. That game is actually pretty decent and generous with gems. I just dropped it because it because there wasn't really any depth in combat and multiplayer grinding every day got very very tedious.

so it's an old spammed meme from a year ago when butthurt was at its maximum, good to know

FEH is a nice time waster.
Some of the upcoming ones look promising..

Isn't there an English version of Shironeko Project? Is something wrong with it?

Yeah is dead as fuck. They changed the art style to be more western and nobody played it. JP is getting all the updates.

FEH basically told me to fuck off because I'm from central Europe. Not gonna lie, all of the upcoming ones I've seen look bad.

>tfw kept redeeming the mileage stars in DC at the first star
>didn't know it kept resetting
whoops

You fucked up bad.

Can you patch the text from the English version in or do I just have to play in Japanese?

I dropped it because I didnt have enough time for another mobage but I stayed followed to their twitter account and the updates/events seemed pretty regular.

Are any of the new BGHS cards good for a single-tap build?

Play JP. Only way.

That's a little disappointing, but not unexpected. I'll download it now, thanks.

wew, pretty sure the guide has a shiggy diggy note on that

Just play in Japanese. You're seriously not missing much from not understanding the story and if you really care what's going on in an event, you can ask.

Kurumi and Shiho, due to their short combo requirements. Otherwise no, nobody gives thunder/storm/meteor.
I hope you did the headpat challenge leading up to Valentine's, those were all single tap with HP leech.

You sound like that one idiot that cried a river when someone said mean things about Nexon in the thread.

Thats somewhat the same for me. I sometimes regret dropping it as my account was decent and the game, while boring, was harmless but the grind was so real.

Nice to see it doing okay though. I liked the art style though and it was a decent mobage. Jsut not decent enough to warrant me to put hours into it everyday.

I kinda want to pick it back up but don't want to go through a ton of crap to get a decent enough team again.

I see myself dropping star ocean for the same reason. Once you have a ballin team all you have left to do is endless multiplayer.

I didn't realize what the headpat challenge was until it was too late, but I still got a few.
>tfw got every card except Kurumi and Shiho
Hopefully tomorrow's roll saves me from this Kurumi-less nightmare. What makes her "SSS" tier anyway?

It doesn't exist anymore, got shut down because everyone left to go play the good version.

They actually did switch to the original art, eventually.

Except for the Global original characters that didn't have any JP art to switch to, of course.

I've got 18 gem-cube-things in GEO so far, should I just pull singles in the gacha or save up for a 10-pull?

Hype list.

Tales of Rays.
SINoALICE
Madoka Magia Record.
Lapinous Chronicle.

Short combo requirement with multiple affinity hits, on hammer no less which has tons of buff skills. With the right setup you can get her to 3 combo and occasionally affinity hits are better than HP-based skills.
If those two were the only ones you're missing, I wouldn't even bother trying to roll for them unless they're you're waifu. There's a reason we call them guaranteed dupes.

If you got two of the candy weapons you can combine them and then remodel to beta, otherwise they're going to be weak.

This Kurumi is too cute not to roll for. I'll check on my weapons and come back after tomorrow's roll.

Alright, have a few questions that built up after playing tagatame for a while and I hope someone can answer them.

How exactly do jobs work in this game? Like, what happens after I max the main job of a character?
Do I have to max all their jobs for them to reach their maximum potential or is it okay to leave the jobs I wont be using at 9?

I ended up grabbing Zain from the start dash ticket. Will he be able to carry my shitter ass and help me get to the point where I can actually clear things faster?
Doubt I'll be able to get Autima anytime soon so I hope I made the right choice here by picking him over the autism mage of instant casts.

And would anyone here be up for organizing coop or PVP stuff once everyone gets their stuff sorted? Real time multiplayer is pretty fun when available and I'd love to be able to play and clear stuff with /mbgg/ people.

>still Bandai Namco who have managed to fuck up God Eater
>no info about gameplay
>only found one (1) shot of gameplay in the newest trailer and it looks like generic auto "literally the only gameplay is tapping on the portrait to cast a skill" crap
>seems to have tab-targeting

Hype my ass, this list is terrible.

Is For Gumi the Alchememe Shills worth it at all?

>Like, what happens after I max the main job of a character?
Their stats increase.

>Do I have to max all their jobs for them to reach their maximum potential or is it okay to leave the jobs I wont be using at 9?
Maxing a job increase some stats on other jobs.

>Will he be able to carry my shitter ass and help me get to the point where I can actually clear things faster?
I have Autima but he feels really squishy and doesn't hit hard enough and he is just "okay" without his Mastery Ability compared to same level Zain on harder stages.

Just go into every new mobage assuming they'll be shit, so that you're pleasantly surprised when one ends up halfway decent.

I just started playing yesterday but, meh, it's just set it to auto and go back to anything else. It lags really bad on a s6. It took 10 hours of my phone being on autoing to get a 10 roll.

How can I make an Appstore account without inputting credit card info? I don't know what the hell is happening but I can't pick 'None' either on mobile or on PC. I've cancelled the only thing I was subbed to as well. No outstanding balances either. I have a JP account, and an American one, but I want to play Destiny Child. Can I pick up some accounts online somehow?

Why would I even want to bother with a mobage if I already assumed it's shit?

Is this roll worth keeping?

If it didn't have Astaroth I'd say no, and even then it's barely tolerable. That is if your so fixated on rerolling in a game that doesn't really need it.

because you have nothing else to play and trying a new mobage takes little to no effort

>Appstore

As in iOS.

Get qooapp if you dont want the hassle of dealing with multiple google play accounts

yeah Astaroth is great attacker

You mean on iOS?

You can still make new accounts with "None" payment mode, but you have to take a more roundabout way now.

-Log out
-Try to download a free app from the region in question
-When it asks you to log in or make a new account, choose to make a new account

"None" payment option will be available from there, even though it's not if you try to make the new account from the login button.

He still has a lot of utility even without his crazy MA. Attacks in four different elements, a heal, def/mdef buff, silence/sleep, and his avoid reaction can actually make him survive longer than other mages, though like all avoid things it's RNG based.

>GEO servers are down even though the maintenance ended ~2 hours ago
>no info on official Twitter
Please kill this game off already, the launch has been a fucking disaster.

Oh, thank you.

If you turn on the 'explicit' setting on iOS is the game the R18 version?

Anyone got the pvp music for alice order saved or anything, that music was really good.

Not gonna find any R-18 on the Apple store.

I don't think Google allows it in the main Play store either, but there you can install other stores like DMM's to get around that.

Is it F/GO launch all over again?

There are actually a few R-18 disguised as normal app on Apple store. It's just really rare and quite hard to find.

Do you know any?

>Do tagatame's PVP mission
>It actually pairs me with someone lower leveled and Arber goes first

It feels good being on the other side of the AOE train.

>Oh cool an alchememe FAQ
>Last updated - July 2016

Really?

How is the 5* mermaid healer in comparison to pic related? Worth replacing?

Rusalka and Metis flat out beat her, she heals quicker but they heal harder and their slide heals give immortality so the units can't be killed. Rusalka is the Mermaid by the way.

You were foolish to think a pvp game where you have to roll for your skills would be anywhere near skillbased

Lie and say you're from the united states?

Does nothing.

What problem are you having?

Pretty sure the original guide was abandoned afew weeks after the game came out
Most of mbgg had dropped it by then

Only managed to find a few BL or shounen-ai ones the last time I search.

Oh well, thanks anyway

Friendly reminder that Soccer Spirits original developers are making this:
youtube.com/watch?v=pLHLVqnFn_I

I blame Brave Frontier for this, you had people hoping Gumi fucked up constantly so they can get free frogs/imps/rolls as compensation.

This looks really neat. Need a release date. Every time one of these trailers say ''coming soon'' that means 1 or 2 years later.

Reminds me of grand knights history. Never finished it. Half the game was in the online multiplayer and I got in way too late after it died.

Of course it looks neat but how will it really be...

>Have to pay 4000 gems for bane-chan to take off her mask

She's so much cuter without it but her skin is too expensive for me

>SS original developer
Does that mean the developer hs changed since the release? what happened? How's SS right now?

I've stopped playing about a couple of months after S2 legendaries.

She doesn't.

Still worth it for me though.

At least she takes it off on the sprite, that's enough for me.

Is now a good time to pull the gacha with 3.8k coins if I main Marcos (secondary Tadaomi, tertiary Luciano; C-rank)? Do any of the blue cards or GG promotionals help them? Also, are the GG promotional characters worth it?

The best blue card that I can think of for Marcos (and the other two) is the 100% heal or the enemy teleport card, for shields you'll be wanting the red and green ones. The GG cards are basically the normal ones but with different elements and art. As for if the heroes are worth it, I'm not sure but I doubt they're coming back. There will most likely be nerfs for Sol and probably Dizzy on the 22nd

Marcos can already full heal with the ult and he does teleport with the charge attack, so I guess that's covered. Should I go for GG, then?

>$1 million
You best be farming the golds today

So long as you have enough coins to get a ticket and you're willing, go for it. You can also potentially get one of those barrage attacks in the GG gacha, which is useful for all melee heroes

FUUUUUUK.

Spent almost two hours getting this shit to download but I can't even get into the tutorial without it crashing. Fucking goddamn.

DC.

How different are the censored and r18 versions of DC?

Wait, you've got to be joking.
>it uses the RM coins
FUCK. Not sure what should I do now, I don't really want to pull the blue one and I'm fairly sure the regular one has a better chance of fucking me over.

I would rather pull the regular one. I did a 60 pull of the green one and got about 5 different cards in total, nothing decent either.

I really don't want to ever pull the regular one for coins, it never gave me the fucking shield no matter how many times I rerolled and now I'm paying for it. Is there any available schedule for the event gachas?

The special gachas kind of just happen when the devs decide. If you want to save up, they'll probably introduce another rate-up gacha in the future where you have a whopping 2% chance at getting an UR.

2%? What the fuck is the current chance?

Depends on the character. Some changes are big while others small but the majority of them are very ugly censors.

youtube.com/watch?v=_su6wekTCm0

A lovely 1%. Don't give up hope, however. Almost all of my URs have been from 16GB cards and I have 6 unique ones in total.

>thinking the shield is good enough
Wait till you get to S ranks when all the faggots are running the green shield that blocks 100% damage

Holy shit, why am I even bothering? I'm just gonna get fucked by the gacha and get completely raped by whales with full-UR decks no matter what I do. I'm already getting one-shot with cards, and then wrecked in 4-5 shots even without the elemental damage because of the fucking upgrades. Sorry, but I'm doing the polar opposite of that right now.

Man their old combat system looks so much better too, that's the biggest shame of the game.

I've done it senpai