QTDDTOT

Last one 300+

How much difference would I feel from adding an induction kit to my standard Ford Mondeo 2.0 2008?

I don't have a lot of money to splash out, but I figured if it was worth it, this would be a good way to spend the extra money I have this month.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/6f95e1g
youtube.com/watch?v=gI04exWUkKI
youtu.be/KWyVvUklGM4
youtube.com/watch?v=yFHxdV2neuU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are factory performance accessories worth it?
In my case in particular, I have a Yaris and I'm wondering if a TRD sway bar would help.

how do i clean fart stench out of my seat?

You mean a cold air intake? You'd probably notice no power increase.

Depends on the part, a thicker sway bar would improve cornering but won't do much if you still have the base stock shocks and springs.

What material is the seat?

>How much difference would I feel from adding
The answer to this question 99.99% of the time is nothing

strawpoll.com/6f95e1g

How much would it cost to get an exhaust shop to make a shotgun catback exhaust for my car? In australia

If shotgun catback means straight pipe it should be under 200

its literally exactly the same as this, for an r32 skyline. Im debating whether to buy a welder and do it myself, also since it will probably be loud as fuck I might need to get a welder anyway so I can stick a muffler in the middle. What should i do

If it's a premade part jsut do it yourself. Will take 1 hour.

No its not a premade part, that pic is of the japspeed shotgun exhaust but you cant buy it in australia without spending $500+ shipping. So im thinking Ill just buy a welder and buy some 3" stainless and make one? Is this a good idea? Idk what type of welder to get

Reading my owners manual to figure out how much and what type of oil I should use.
>4 - 1/8 qt
> Oil with API Certification mark
>Viscosity SAE 5W-30

What's the 4-1 deal? How much oil should I be buying and putting in? Also since it doesn't seem brand specific, or specify if it should be synthetic or conventional, can you guys give a recommendation?

You replied to the wrong person, but yeah, a cold air intake.
I just want to know what the cheapest way to increase the performance of my car is besides reducing weight, which I'm already planning on doing.

buy 5 quarts
keep extra 7/8ths in car
save for next time so u only need to buy 4 quarts
>can U recommend?
anything with the API certification rating at or higher than what your vehicle states
it's probably SN

Will your back sweat badly on non perforated leather in the summer?

I'm looking to buy an older diesel that I can use as a commuter, since my Jeep gets shit mileage.

Just how good/bad of an idea is this, and will I regret buying an 80's mercedes or BMW turbo diesel?

Posted this before but I didn't receive much help.

Its a 91 240sx, I left the car sitting in the cold too long and the battery died, after jumping it, the dash almost continuously flashes, and even flashes for a bit after shutting the car off.

It is independent from my turn signals and hazards. No check engine light either.

Why are American cars so bad?
>srs question

Do you people that buy > $5000 cars do maintenance on it yourself, or do you go to the auto shop and get a guy to do it for you? Where do you guys draw the line between doing/fixing something yourself and getting a mechanic to do it? I understand changing tires and oil yourself, but everything beyond that is completely foreign to me.

well, you have Veeky Forums, but if you spend your money correctly you wont have to spend much money on repairs for quite a while.

My friend got an incredibly tiny dent on his door, about the size of a dime and there's hardly even an impression to it, not deep or anything. Is there a way for me to pop it out for him? It took me a long time of staring at the door and specifically looking for it before I even noticed it but it bugs the shit out of him.

This is gonna sound dumb, but how do you improve the sound quality in your car?

I have a 2014 Optima LX and the stock stereo has like no bass, and sounds kind of tinny and flat.

Do I upgrade the head unit, the speakers, buy a sub??? I literally know nothing about this type of stuff.

Is there any benefit to keeping a car in first while parked? My only car has been a 97 Camry and my dad taught me to do this without ever explaining why.

>will i regret?
probably not, worst comes to worst you flip it for the same price you get it for
rockauto.com newsletter has some cool info this month about putting a dodge turbocharger in turbo mercs so they even seem kinda fun

sounds like a short
check the wiring for proper resistance, identify problem wires, and rectify

I'm not too sure. I was told its incase your parking brake breaks or you forget to set it fully.

I leave it in reverse if I'm facing uphill. It take like a second to leave it in gear so it just a habit now.

Whoops I had that backwards. I leave it in reverse if I'm facing downhill

>Can I do it myself cheaper than a mechanic?
>Can I do it myself in a reasonable amount of time?
>Can I do it myself without the possibility of fucking something up beyond my budget?
If yes, I do it myself.

what vehicles came with big oil/ATF coolers stock that i would commonly find in an urban junkyard?
>inb4 big trucks, dingus

Why are there no Nissan General threads?

Which engine type/configuration has the smoothest/most progressive acceleration throughout the revs, yet not lacking very seriously on either end?

Because nissans are shit

Exactly HOW MUCH rust is repairable? There are two small holes in my door, I was thinking of taking it to a body shop, or should I just keep looking for a new door?

It's an older car

So my truck was totaled by my parents when they needed to use it. We called the insurance, they are going to come and check it and stuff. Pic related is the damage that was caused.

Anyways, Im 18 and I am possibly not going to have a car for a few weeks depending on whats the time estimate for the repairs.

Anyone have a clue on renting cars at 18? Any idea if its possible? I have done extensive research on the subject and I keep getting mixed answers and anecdotal stuff. Any true answer here or something I can fall on?

Also enjoy the picture of the damage I guess.

A few of us have tried. /NG/ and /DDT/ threads die a natural death.

Interesting ideas for a transmission knob boot?

I know about the crown royal bag ones

Any other ideas? Gotta get one anyway so might as well have a fun one if I can

all the maximas, xterras and sentras kept clogging it up

also see
make your parents deal with renting it for you, it's thee least they can do for totaling your truck. unless they were paying everything for you, then you suck it up and walk or something

go to walmart fabric section
grab the first spiderman or ninja turtles fabric

Nope, either gear, handbrake or both works just as well.

Some people are afraid that their handbrake could snap for no reason so they leave it in gear as an added safety.

I only use my handbrake when parking and leave the box in neutral

>have vw golf mk3 with the 2.0l 8v
>revs normally up until 3k where it starts slowing way the fuck down and has trouble building up rpm
what are some of the potential causes?
dirty fuel injector?

Protectionism means very little market pressure to create anything good

In some states you can't rent a car if you're too young.

Some countries use left hand drive cars but also drive on the left hand side of the road. Why is this so bad?

Can I use blue loctite to fix cracked leather or plastic interior? If not, how to you fix that stuff?

youtube.com/watch?v=gI04exWUkKI

You have to go all the way into the opposing lane to see oncoming traffic when you want to pass on country roads.
Same problem when you want to make a left turn, you don't see as far ahead.
Your passenger has to step out into the street when you bring him somewhere and park on the curb.

I had my right front CV boot replaced today, and now my brake pedal shutters when I'm going very slow, as in about to stop moving slow. Still stops perfectly fine, what could this be?

>rust
>repairable
choose one

you must remove the rust COMPLETELY
or it will continue to rust
if you can find a replacement door, do that

caliper and slide pins need grease

Well, I mean, how much rust is so much that you can't take it out and put new metal in. I'm always on the lookout for a new door but it's tough, man. In the short term if I (or more experienced body shop) can take the rust out and paint over it, so be it

Mighty fine, that'll work on plastic center console like in the pic though? Even with the "cratered" look?

if you get creative, you can patch giant holes
youtu.be/KWyVvUklGM4

>put new metal in
welding in new material is very expensive because it is time consuming and highly skilled work
using fiberglass filler (like bondo) is faster and much cheaper, but it takes some practice to apply well

I want to sell an aftermarket exhaust that I just took off my car. The gaskets have a bit of rust on them and the inside of the pipes are obviously dirty with carbon buildup and other stuff. What products can I use to get these cleaned up for resale?

>for carbon
oven cleaners
degreasers
dish soap
>for rust
liquid wrench or similar
wd-40
ATF (used or new)
coca-cola

Suction cups or "dent pullers" might work

Thanks

Is this all I need to do to fit my new universal air filter to my car? It's a Ford, not a Peugeot.

youtube.com/watch?v=yFHxdV2neuU

Also, should I even fit it? Since I only have the new filter and would have to remove the box, it would get more hot air. Would I be making my car perform worse with a new filter?

Can you go from blue to black like this?

No.

I do everything myself because I like to.

If the job is too hard for me to do, it's different car time.

What's the best way to learn how to fix up cars?

Break one and fix it

buy a shitty (but functioning ideally) cheap car to wrench on

If you bust it it's not a big deal cause it's a turd

Because Nissan faggots are too busy trolling corvette threads.

Okay.
Where would I find one? Craigslist only yields old boomers with garbage cars going for $1000 with "Yer gain muh loss fixes" which usually means they revved their RPM's so high they caused a Hiroshima tier gasket blow or there is something they aren't telling you about that costs way too much to fix and can't be done by a beginner. Also what are the most neccessary tools needed to fix cars?

If I can buy a used car with cash in full, should I do it?

There are some used luxury sedans in the $15k-20k range that I'm looking to buy. I'm not sure if I should go to a bank and get a loan or just pay for the whole car in cash.

Do one better. Keep that money in the bank and make payments. Don't touch that money no matter what. Account for interest and watch your credit score skyrocket.

screwdriver set (flat tip, phillips, hex, torx)*1
combo wrench set sae/metric*2
pliers/cutters/adjustable/vise grip set(s)
3/8" socket set sae/metric (3/8-1", 8-20mm)*3
3/8" extension set (ie 3" 6" 9")
3/8" ratchet and breaker bar*3
1/2" socket set sae/metric (3/8-1", 8-20mm)*3
1/2" extension set (ie 3" 6" 9")
1/2" ratchet and breaker bar*3
1/2" torque wrench
prybar(s)
spark plug socket set
corded/cordless drivers and impacts*4

*1 ratcheting driver with a bit set is a good alternative
*2 ratcheting and flex head are very helpful but optional
*3 you can get only 3/8" or 1/2" drive and use an adapter if you want
*4 a cheap cordless drill and corded impact, even sub $100 cheapos, can make life so much easier taking on and off lugs or other stuck bolts or just running on or off long or lots of fasteners quickly

forgot to mention for screwdrivers get long shaft, regular shaft, and stubbies for versatility or if you get a driver and bit set make sure it has an extension or two

Your the best user. Have a pepe as thanks. Where should I look for fixer uppers? that's my final question and be on my way.

How much grip would I gain going from a Pilot Sport A/S 3 to a Firehawk Indy 500?

About 16 grips

my car gets a wicked steering wobble when braking at speeds higher than say 40-45mph. it doesnt make the car shake but the steering wheel goes nuts wobbling about 5* back and forth. i was thinking its warped rotors but it occurred to me it only happens at higher speeds (absolutely nothing happens at say 25 or 35) and there is no lump in the brake pedal at any speed either under heavy or light braking. what else could cause a brake wobble like this? the steering wheel has virtually no play either and when driving the car doesnt drift or randomly jerk or anything.

Is the car infographic in the sticky still reliable?

I want to buy an SUV with a good engine and I like the older boxy styles, but the sticky seems to be the one I saved years ago with some cars approaching 26.

Buying my first car on Craigslist. For the most part I'll be following the advice on the pinned thread. Would it be stupid to show up with no money and end up "test driving" the car to the bank to withdraw money if everything seemed good? I'm just not that comfortable walking around with ~$2000 in my pocket. Ofc I'll drive the guy back to his place when I'm done.

I would've met the guy in the parking lot of the bank, but the pinned thread suggests investigating the car before it's moving on the road.

Unless you're on the track regularly, you won't notice any difference.

Trying to get a Bluetooth alternative in my ancient 2003 Honda accord.

I know these things aren't anywhere near as good as having a car that has Bluetooth already but which one has the best microphone.

I don't want to hear myself echoing over the calls and I also don't want to have people complaining that they can't hear me clearly.

Your parents will have to rent it for you most places won't rent to anyone under 21 and some are hesitant to rent to males under 25.

And that shit is totaled, prepare for the insurance company writing you a check.

Just get a new headunit that supports that shit.

Craigslist obviously.

you mean like another radio?

I would but installation would be a pain, also I thought this would be a good solution. All I need is good microphone quality. The audio playback for music is irrelevant to me.

>I want to drop $1000 on a car with blown headgaskets the website.
user, just look around your community and ask around. I'm sure you'll find something.

I6.

Can't you just wire him the money?

I parked my car for about 5 minutes to unload some bags before moving it to find pic related. I swiped my finger through it and it's just water, or so it seems and smells.

Is this anything I should worry about?

Here's where it seems to be coming from

So I got $3k to buy a car, what's my Dankest option for either:
>Safety and reliability
Or
>sweetness and aesthetics

Taste it.

If its extremely bitter then its coolant, If its near tasteless, then its probably condensation.

Doesn't tell us a whole fucking lot.

First rule about buying a used car - if you already have the mind set where you are planning on buying it without having seen it, it's too late. Never bring cash to a craigslist ad for anything. View it, decide of you want it, barter, agree to purchase it, then bring cash, and then you're done.

Should I get the 2018 Mustang 5.0 or wait for their release and get the 2017 in fall.

Well you can either shell out money for crap that's probably going to work poorly and end up getting a headunit, or don't and get a headunit.

But make sure to do your research first, and if you attempt it yourself, make sure you know how to solder, and use heatshrink tube.

Well the 2018 just a body refresh right?

>Doesn't tell us a whole fucking lot.
At least you know now it's not coming from the muffler or front bumper. Besides, I took that pic because it seems to be dripping under from where it says "WARNING LIFETIME OIL USE BMW OIL" and also that it seems to be a bit much for condensation.

Most likely your stock headunit will not put out too many watts, so unless your speakers are blown, then getting new speakers wound improve the sound substantially. There are like "bass amplifiers" and other inline things you can put in there, but I've seen little success from these. To get better quality speakers, with more wattage, you will most likely need an amplifier, and to control that amplifier probably a new headunit. Say you got a $100 headunit (nice kenwood or pioneer) expect $25 for the installation harness (if you want to do it right and not just splice directly into your factory harness) then you need an amplifier and speakers, maybe 250watt and the installation kit.

That would give you a nice sound quality that will be plenty loud. The subwoofers are optional. There are small compact options, or huge monstrosities that will blow out your struts they are so heavy. Its mainly preference, but if you want just better sound quality then you can go for a new head unit, new door speakers, amplifier, amp installation kit, also can use the headunits power to go to 4 extra tweeters for super cheap too.

hope this helps some way.

Why would fluids be coming from the muffler or front bumper?

And FYI AC condensers can and do put out that much Condensation, or your other option would be that there collected water in your sunroof drains.

As well you, yourself said 'it doesn't seem like oil' so that would rule that out, making your photo useless.

Have you tasted it yet? Or are you just going to bloviate more and show how much you fucked up by being both cartarded and having bought a BMW.

what's the verdict on the Honda Fit (2007 if it matters)

>Why would fluids be coming from the muffler or front bumper?
This is called sarcasm.

And you don't know what Poe's law is.

Is this a scam and is there something fucked with this jeep or should I cop

obvious scam

Can I drift with an automatic?

Where and how do I learn drifting?