/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, February 17th:
1370 – Northern Crusades: Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the Teutonic Knights meet in the Battle of Rudau.
1411 – Following the successful campaigns during the Ottoman Interregnum, Musa Çelebi, one of the sons of Bayezid I, becomes Sultan with the support of Mircea I of Wallachia.
1600 – The philosopher Giordano Bruno is burned alive, for heresy, at Campo de' Fiori in Rome.
1871 – The victorious Prussian Army parades through Paris, France, after the end of the Siege of Paris during the Franco-Prussian War.

>News
CK2 DD41 - Secret Religious Cults
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-41-secret-religious-cults.999496/

EU4 - 14/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-14th-of-february-2017.999636/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Lebanon
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858460802
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_and_religious_composition_of_Austria-Hungary
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_federal_election,_1912#/media/File:Karte_der_Reichstagswahlen_1912_en.png
ww2.odu.edu/~jkoch/hist396/downloads/495.German Election Statistics Map.jpg
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60245
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lollardy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

W&B.

4th for Charlememe

MP unironically when

when will Sim get his shit together?

>4th

THREADLY REMINDER LIQUORIA IS A SHIT GAME AND ALL LIQUORBUILDERS SHOULD PLAY REAL GSG LIKE HOI4

NIGGER AND ALKALINE

I expected more shitposters before I could submit

huh.

>-Eupen Malmadys north germans are all protestant while the surrounding provinces have them as all catholics and irl they are catholics.
Thanks, it's fixed

>-Have Lebanon start Catholic
It's irrelevant what the default religion in the files is as their religion changes according to the country that organizes it. Makes no difference at all.

>make Beirut majority Catholic by increasing their pops and removing most orthodox pops from Lebanon
>The censuses were made after multiple wars and revolts reduced the catholic percentages anyway, so it would be much higher by 1836
I need sources for that.

> orthodox only makes up 10% of lebanon now
The present doesn't matter, lots of things change. Besides talking about religion proportion in the present in a country that refuses to do a census on that is kinda hard.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Lebanon
Quote what you want from it, otherwise I won't guess what you are trying to prove. When disputing number, it's better to use primary sources.

>-Make the Ukrainian pops in Galicia mostly Catholic
None of what you linked says anything about the 19th century or ukrainian pops in specific, they could be just poles or their descendants. Especially when dealing with former soviet countries, I need way better data that modern data.

>-Make Rhineland tag catholic, why the hell was it Protestant when the majority of pops are catholic and it has Koln as a core?
Ask Rylock, but fair enough.

>-Reduce prestige of Ethiopia by modifier but remove the tech modifier and allow it to be formed like before.
No. Ethiopia isn't going to go back to solving a crisis that exists since 1769 by suddenly becoming a free-for-all deathmatch in 1836.

>(I can source that later, if interested)
Then do it, only way I'm changing it.

>why would you even work around this immigration limit?
Fixing exploits. The AI doesn't abuse exploits. If you want to do wacky shit, just remove what I did. It's pretty simple.

Proper thread

Listening to people doesn't mean doing what everyone (or you) want. Means getting feedback and deciding on it. I have a vision on what I like and what I want and I work with it.

>Would it not be better to just let us choose how many % we want to kill of
The random chance is to represent your lack of control over it. People hide, escape, run away and fake. The state isn't all knowing and all seeing, especially before the advent of totalitarianism.

>Also how about making a decision that will let you repopulate areas you "cleared out"?
V2 isn't about directly influencing your pops by forcing them somewhere or to do something, it's about trying to influence them. If you want that, you have a NF to encourage people to move somewhere.

I will take a look, thanks!

That's what it's supposed to do, it's been like that since NNM.

I will take a look, thanks. I think the Imperial Restoration CB might really work better in Krakow than cores.

>Are you back for good now?
I'm trying to, can't really guarantee anything because of my job.

some good lad please download this mod for me and upload it in mega.

>!

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858460802

K O J A K N A T I ON

Eighteen Fifteen

looks s*it

>2017
>kojak
>relevant

ayyy which port should I take from Qing/China? On HPM btw

Have you made much progress on the mod recently?

Do you have a changelog? I unironically love reading them, it tickles my autism

Shiet. Is there an up to date version of NBRT+? I want the HIP map but for vanilla but they no longer seem to offer a vanilla release.

help fast qing getting stronger by the day

What is this meme?

I unironically want a map that divides everything up into squares, kind of like Napoleon's plans for internal French political divisions

La Plata

dont play meme mod for meme game lad, try playing real gsg like hoi4 and take all of china

HoD domains famalam

What, all the terrain or just dividing provinces into squares á la US states?

talex

First time playing as an OPM.
How do I take anything at all without Austria threatening to tear me a second anus?

Shanghai, Hong Kong or if those are taken, one with a RGO you need.

Can you add content for New Zealand and Guyana? If I created a submod for Guyana that added an Indo-Guyanese primary culture, would you merge it with your mod?

Is there much flavor for Australia already?

senior you're not helping
do you want china do be a great power? if yes, you're doing your best by not telling me which treaty port I should take (or should I take the whole of taiwan)

just so you know, many million american citizen will be unemployed in about 150 years, just because you're not doingyour job as my adviser

Province shapes turned into squares.

both taken

I think about taking Taiwan, but Im not sure if taking a treaty port for the 800% effect, would be the smarter idea?

Taiwan is a solid choice, lots of tea.

Just be an autist and spend two hours redrawing them in paint.

a8 good enough, thanks lad

I now share a border with Russia, lovely.

How do I update UnHMM to the latest version of your mod?

Anyone got a link for all the CK2 DLC?

>None of what you linked says anything about the 19th century or ukrainian pops in specific, they could be just poles or their descendants. Especially when dealing with former soviet countries, I need way better data that modern data.
>they could be just poles or their descendants.
No offense, since I am glad that you're actually listening, but those are some serious straws your grasping at. There are barely any poles in any of the actually censuses I linked to (It had poles as a seperate category). But, since I can't find any official documents on Galicia specifically, I'll use the 1910 A-H census.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_and_religious_composition_of_Austria-Hungary
>Ukrainians make up 7.78 percent of A-H
>Orthodox make up only 2.3% of Austria proper
You must see that at least some of them were catholic, right?
>I need sources for that.
Yeah, I understand, I had a few fantastic sources for religion in Persia and Lebanon awhile ago, complete with full numbers of Zoroastrians and other tiny sects in Persia. I lost it a month ago, but if I ever find it I would love to show you.
>Then do it, only way I'm changing it.
Alright, I'll write up something in a few days, need to go back on everything, all the partitions in general looked like they lacked a few pops, but I did the reading and calculating a long time ago, so I'll have to dig it up.

The one thing I can say now is that the germans in Elbing need to be mostly catholic, too lazy to dig through the census records to prove it but the territory was mostly germans and here is its voting patterns for the Catholic Party.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_federal_election,_1912#/media/File:Karte_der_Reichstagswahlen_1912_en.png
ww2.odu.edu/~jkoch/hist396/downloads/495.German Election Statistics Map.jpg

someone got a link for hoi4 kaiserreich 1.3.2?

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60245

Russia should be your greatest ally

And have them lose every single battle against the Brits?

Yes
honestly russia should be much stronget hpm bls fix

>playing memeitup&taxes
>get event saying that the lollard heracy has started in bohemia (it died really quick)
>zoom out to see if it has affected any other part of europe
>this happens to england

Those motherfuckers must have switched really early as well.

Alright, I'm on equal mil tech with spain, time to comfy colonial expand more while vassalizing my totemist neighbors.

When does the christianity events start firing?

HPM
P
M

1 8 1 5

WHEN

I just want a 1946 end date so I can enjoy fascism for longer.

>so I can enjoy fascism for longer.

What are some good fandom/crossover mods for CK2/EU4/Vic2/DH? I'm talking about books/shows/movies/anime/etc made into GSG. Is there anything for FF specifically? Especially the more political FF games like T0 or XV.

>antifa humor

>its a service based economies are superior with no downsides episode

the GoT ck2 mod isn't half bad.

CK2 has Game of Thrones, Warhammer, World of Warcraft, Avatar (the cartoon), the Mount and Blade world and I'm pretty sure there's a LOTR mod too.

I would play that, but I'm still in the middle of the last book.

Calixtines in England are in actuality the Lollards.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lollardy

DH has a Fallout mod

I remember that, might pick it up for another spin.

TALEX

>these are the people who browse /gsg/

dunno about the other ones, but the WoW one is broken as fuck.

based jannies

>its a we need to import cheap labour even though post-industrial society is eliminating jobs episode

Can I download the Warcraft mod for Ck2?

what was it.

>it's a poor people are duped by tycoons to have worse health coverage episode

Some idiot posted /meg/ memes in /gsg/

>Deleted before I could see if it was cute

Xenos are never cute. Less so turians

x1 Respectfully Disagree

Hey lads

Should I?

>its a poor people who make retarded decisions think theyre entitlted to making the healthcare system worse for me and expect me to pay out of pocket for their poor life choices

You should have like 40 years ago lad

now THIS is memeing

*tips respectfully towards m'sir*

>cuckpms wet dream

>it's a having no compassion for your fellow countrymen and only care more about having more money episode

ah shit this guy again

not even him, but can you at least put effort into the shitposts? You got options here, next time you can quote the exact same thing he said and make a quote bubble from one of your 13 gorillian anglo pictures, don't just recycle the same stuff.

*ahem* I am sorry to say, but while the filename for your image indicates you believe this figure to be a "white" person, he actually looks to have significant semetic influence on his DNA and is therefore, non-white.

Is there a good reliable torrent for HOI4 with all DLC? I don't want to drop 40 bucks on a game I'm not sure I'll even like.

>hello, i am a mental weakling who is triggered by images of inadequate jawlines as they hit too close to home

rewrote ur post with less whinging and bitching

Boi I'm finna do it

pls reply

Steam is pretty good about return policies. As long as you bought it relatively recently and haven't dropped too much time into it, they'll often give you a full refund in my experience.

what are you, a kekking libcuck nucuck console peasant who doesn't even have 2000 hours+ in CSGO???

lol what the fuck is wrong with their jaws

this has to be some sort of genetic defect

>phone posting
uninstall your life lad

Yes, it's called being Jewish.

I don't really want to take that chance, as shitty as that might sound.
Also I just don't want to drop 40 right now because I'm a filthy jew

It is.
It's called being white.

mouth breathing can lead to fucked up jaw/chin area but not that severe

its called being your average middle class white nerd who has a shitty diet and doesn't have an ounce of testosterone in their body