Does anybody here drive a Challenger?

Does anybody here drive a Challenger?

I'm about to go in on a brand new one, Scat Pack trim. I was just wondering if anyone here actually owned one and would like their opinions on it, both positive and negative. Did you get any extras like the technology pack or a better sound system? What add ons are worth it? I'm thinking I'll probably get mine bare stock with no add ons except maybe the forged wheels. I want something more true to it's heritage so the less e-nannies and creature comforts the better imo.

If you don't drive a Challenger and are just going to shitpost about Dodge being shit, pls just don't. If you drive a Camaro or Mustang and want to argue why it's better I'll listen, but I've driven both and they just don't suit me as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oE262rDc8jc&t=31
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I own a 2016 Challgenger R/T plus. I recommend sound group 2; that harman kardon isn't worth losing the spare tire.

I test drove a scat pack Charger and 5.7 manual Challenger. But there are 2 or three, 392 owners on here sometimes.

I agree that less is better but the Scat Pack is already well appointed and it's a big comfortable car. I wouldn't hesitate to add a couple options to it. Might look and see if there are aftermarket forged wheels you like better before buying factory ones. I wasn't too impressed by the upgraded sound system. I hardly was able to hear the sub at all. It's a little dinky one in the trunk. The extra speakers in the cabin were nice though.

The engine is amazing. Huge upgrade to the 5.7, suspension was well built. No wheel hop in turns or flooring it. I was burning rubber everytime I was hitting the gas, even with all the nannies completely on. Clutch was really easy on the Challenger, I imagine the 392 is still pretty easy and smooth. I had no complaints on the fly by wire steering on the Scat Pack. Very fun car, would need self control for daily driving in my opinion but there's no reason is couldn't be a DD. Overall I felt it was too big and wanted to do more than Burnouts and went with a CTS-V but it was still a great car and value.

nobody here drives a car

The kardon sound system "upgrade" is not worth it at all. You could throw a $1200 aftermarket stereo system in and it would blow it away.

The scat pack trim is the best value imo. I drive a srt 392 and love it.

I don't own one anymore but I drove a normal RT Challenger for a while. Hands down the best cruiser out of the 3 pony cars with a surprisingly small turning radius for the size.

It's also the only car I've ever driven that my knee didn't hit the dash either driving or in the passenger seat. But that was with the old spartan interior. I don't know anything about the new interior other than its better.

The Charger I test drove had Beats. Is that standard on the Scat Pack?

I'm not too familiar with the Charger. I know the Challenger scat pack comes with the normal kardon sound system with the option to upgrade to the premium system with the sub and amp. For most people, the factory upgrade stereos will be more than enough to satisfy someone. I made the mistake of paying the additional money for the upgraded kardon system when I really should've taken the money and just bought aftermarket.

2015 Scat Pack owner here with driver convenience group, sunroof, sound group 2, leather interior group (red suede). Only packages it is missing is the appearance group, harmon kardon system, and technology package.

I have almost no issues with this car, its the most enjoyable one I've ever driven. The only "downside" is really how low the front lip spoiler is. I try to back up into almost every parking spot because if the front catches on something it can potentially rip the whole thing off if you're unlucky. Having the backup camera with parksense is fantastic for this.

Unlike the SRT it does come with 245 tires which I've noticed don't catch quite as good as they could. That said they still do a great job so I'm not too upset over it. It's extremely powerful and I think my favorite thing about the car is how amazing the stock exhaust system sounds. I've removed the mid mufflers for just a bit more noise but honestly, it sounds great stock and is still very loud.

Happy to answer any other questions you might have before you buy.

SRT 392 owner here

Mine is fully loaded with every package on it. Almost got a Scat Pack but wanted the upgraded brakes,suspension, and tires. I would say avoid the Kardon sound system, it doesn't sound much better than the 9 speaker Alpine system.

Just get the Scat Pack Appearance package and sound group II. Save the rest of your money for better tires and brakes

what colour are y'all and how much did you pay? looking at a 2017 scat fully loaded for I believe it was 45k.

Can't stop, can't turn meme

youtube.com/watch?v=oE262rDc8jc&t=31

>45k.
Christ just buy the highest trim Mustang and or Camaro for that price. Almost as fast and then you can actually turn.

Challenger owners, what's the interior like in terms of feel and comfiness? Of the big 3 muscle cars I like the Dodge the most but pictures sometimes make the interior seem shitty and flimsy.

Although considering every car I've owned has been over 20 years old I'm sure a challenger would feel like a Bentley in comparison

where I live it's only straight roads. plus that's the 392 ta edition. having a bigger trunk would be nice. I'd rather have 4 doors but every Black guy has a charger and I'm white

>If you don't drive a Challenger and are just going to shitpost about Dodge being shit, pls just don't.

>implying Dodge drivers aren't mentally challenged
>implying Challenger/Charger owners don't have small dicks
>implying

No, because niggers don't use Veeky Forums

If I get the 5.7 will I regret not getting the 392?
Is the 5.7 good enough?
Want to save some cash, but not if I'm going to regret it.
Also what option is the ventilated seats? Sounds good for Florida.

Yes you will regret it. If you can only afford the 5.7, look at LS2 GMs.

I got a 5.7 and don't regret it. I through a supercharger on and it is tons of fun.

threw*

Me again.
Was thinking t/a 392
Any real advantage over scat pack, other trims? I think t/a has better suspension, but may be cheaper ways to get 392.
Any thoughts?
Looking to purchase around may, saw a pic of the 2018,did not like so much.

If your gonna get the scat fully loaded you might as well get the srt 392, it's about the same price.

Don't get an automatic like the rest of the challenger owners on Veeky Forums

test

I like the Challenger. It's more comfortable, easier to drive normally, and it's more practical. Camaro and mustang is good if you only have one friend though, or you're doing a weekend at bernies thing with someone who has been decapitated.

Fucking nog in a V6 somehow manages to crash it.

Mine is a manual. Transmission is bretty fantastic desu.

I wouldn't dream of it

Also have a manual, is fun besides the skip shift. I have the eliminator sitting in my glove box, need to put it on.

>besides the skip shift
huh?
What's this skip shift? Something that mucks with my shifting?
Damn.

On the manual if the ecu thinks you are putting out too much power in first gear it won't allow you to shift to 2nd. Not really a problem on a stock 5.7 or 6.4 most of the time but throw in some power adders and it triggers on normal driving sometimes. Dumb as hell, idk why they put it in.

What did he mean by this

Nigga you dumb. Skipshift premiered 20 years ago with the T56 6-speed in the 97 LS1 Corvette.

Under NORMAL driving conditions, second gear is locked out when shifting from first - so you end up in fourth.

There's a $10 inline plug that eliminates it, or you can soder in a resistor that defeats it.

Muh V8 torque +close gearing 1-4 (because 2 highway gears) allows for a smooth 3 gear jump and saves fuel (how the Vette avoided the guzzler tax).

If you have throttle past certain point (25-50% open?) , or revved to high (2500-3000 rpm)?) you just make a normal 1-2 shift.

TLDR, stupid electronic transmission gimmick to boost fuel economy and appease EPA.

It doesn't activate under normal driving conditions, and it is far from smooth, you pull the shifter down and you just hit a wall.

No shit there is a plug to get rid of it, I said I had it in my post previous numb nuts.

Not an owner, but it's really spacious. Especially for a muscle car. Also, the backseat and trunk are real big too.

Dodge is shit and you should feel bad.