/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #673 - Dress Up Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming ReleasesReminder: Don't respond to shitposters. Report & ignore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GK88Pd-rmI0
youtube.com/watch?v=cl4rGrHPRJ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fast

fest

Feast

Hey, I just want to be sure who I'm responding to is either a shitposter or not before jumping into conclusions.

slow

10/10

how can we put s stop to Chao abuse

Stop being an asshole.

Is there a Sonichu rom hack or fan game anywhere? If so, is it good? If not, if the art, music, and gameplay was good, would you play it?

I did partly post it to get the thread going again. I sort of think my idea would work, but it's 15 years too late to really make a difference, so oh well.

ROLLIN'

You can't abuse chao if they're not in the games.

Whatever happened to the old team who made PM, TTYD, and to the lesser extent, SPM?

I was considering making up some name like "Scratch" to separate Veeky Forums requests from normal art, but eh. I'm known as 'Hydro' in every corner of the internet I've tread in, so I may as well keep going with that.

So call me that or Smitty Wergermen Jensen.

Alright, Hydro.

Do not reply to shitters.

Show people that gif but with "In the arms of an angel" playing.

This rip is honestly pretty good. At least without the Flintstones theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=GK88Pd-rmI0

Why was that option even in there? Don't they turn light or dark based on the character petting them?

Who do you think could fit in the Boom universe. I could see Rouge fitting in as Shadow's partner like in the main games. However, she's probably more antagonistic like Shadow and probably doesn't have much redeeming qualities in terms of personality.

It does, but I guess the game wants it to be more realistic of you taking care of a chao.

But what if I want to?

All these years and nobody has ever told how great this song was
youtube.com/watch?v=cl4rGrHPRJ4

>AOStH only loses to Boom by a margin of being the best Sonic show

Well I don't disagree.

I like both shows, honestly.

Same, I also love Sonic's Boom personality the more I watched.

Is it fucked up that I can actually picture the whole video in my mind?

Nah, it's why they bothered to use Sonic voices and sound effects.

>these last few levels of Lost World
>that fight with the giant climbing Zavok
I mean the idea of the boss fight was cool but it just wasn't very well executed.

None of Lost World was well executed really.

Bamp

You don't.

>Everyone taking turns of fucking Sonic, including Eggman.
>"Now you know why I am the best!"
I don't know what to think of it.
I find that to be a rip-off to some of Bowser's final battles where he turns into a giant. It was just so underwhelming.

I haven't really played a Nintendo game since the 90s.

Believe me, nearly all of Bowser's final battles always had him turn into a giant. Zavok's final battle is one of a few things about LW that reminds me of Mario.

I only found that there was one thing from Lost World that reminded me of Mario, and that was everything.

This is Zavok.

Found this and it cracked me up. I thought it might be how Rouge would flirt with someone. Kind of her equivalent of an eyebrow waggle.

>mfw actually really enjoy seeing well-made Sonic OCs but they have such a notoriously bad reputation that everyone shouts "OC DONUT STEEL" even if they're decently made so I can't be vocal about my appreciation of them

I honestly stopped giving a shit about people inside and out of this fanbase feels at this point. Sonic's entire existence is a complaints submission box.

You're a person whom I happen to empathize with in this regard

Rouge looks really cute in this pic

It's still autism even if it's well made.

Liking Sonic in general is autism.

You're not the only one. I remember there being a tumblr that has a lot of decent Sonic fancharacter designs

So like basically anything in Sonic

you like nicole?

Yes I like her. I want more of her.

Rouge x Nicole is my OTP.

I need art of this ASAP

Last year we had a ton of teasing and cryptic messages from the twitter at this point, didn't we? And finally at SXSW they revealed the anniversary party's date. Why do we have even less this year?

They said they're starting it up again. Or maybe they already have and we aren't looking as hard.

Yes but the thing is they a slow
Slower than Sage

Don't be specist

Stop posting OCs in general, they're all shit

Nah. Bump and Sage are welcome here.

fuck off. They're just as bad as any run of the mill deviantart characters

But it's our OCs.

They're still awful and should be a bannable offense

Hey guys. Sitrep: no noteworthy progress, unfortunately. Work's been busy as all hell thanks to a few members of staff leaving, and what little free time I'd normally have has been taken up with paid commissions for print work as well as preparing for my visit to England next week.

I've spent a few half-hour sessions here and there trying to block out some of Bump's facial features, but unfortunately nothing meaningful has happened yet. I have had a poke at getting the rest of her body in a print-worthy state, however - it shouldn't take too much to get her fit to produce when the time comes. I just feel guilty as all shit for not keeping you guys updated with progress and happenings.

You deserve better, and after I'm done with my trip, I resolve to do right by you. March is gonna see some major fucking changes to my work ethic, and I hope you glorious fuckers won't be disappointed.

[/blog]

seriously, kill yourself

Thanks for the update, user. I haven't forgotten. I just hope the wait is worthwhile!

Glad I didn't go to sleep a while ago as I had planned.

Stop shitting up the thread

This. OCs and fancomic posting should be a fucking autoban
Stop attentionwhoring and take off your fucking name

Just check in periodically when ya can. Thanks for updating us.

Reminder that any and all fanwork/fan content is inherently shit and cancer. This includes fanart and headcanons.

Go post on tumblr if you're not going to keep it official

Holy fuck, shut up.

Get the fuck off your phone faggot.

We really are a divided people.

Only when people stop posting retarded as fuck, OCs

Sorry fanbrat, but more than one person is sick of your kind shitting up the franchise

Nicole is perfect!

More like just one is and is enough of a faggot to samefag with his phone.

Friendly reminder that any character not directly created by Yuji Naka himself is technically an OC.

You fuck off, you butthurt crybaby

This is true. Anything made by anyone that did not work on the original Sonic the Hedgehog on the Mega Drive is fanfic, even if just one new person is added.

Fuck off, autist

Fuck off, stop shilling your shitty "fanart"
Whatever you say retard. Continue to ignore the reason the Sonic fanbase is a laughing stock. If we get rid of the fanart, fanfics, OCs, and headcanon shit, and just stick to the official material, it'd be the best one around
OCs are just characters not prominently in the official material. Amy and Charmy originated from an OFFICIAL manga.

You can leave this general if you don't like what's in it. Maybe you'll find something better to do with your time instead of bitching and moaning.

are we that bored

You leave first, cockgobbler

yes

Just leave already, fuckface.

Look who's talking

You first. Stop shilling your shitty OCs and fanart here. You're the cancer that killed Sonic
Not until the fanart shitters fuck off
Cancer

>It's the "official" user again.

>Headcanon shit WITH fanart
Pure cancer

I can't believe I'm actually witnessing this sheer level of actual, legitimate autism. Like, if we could contain this and harness it as a power source, the world would have a near-limitless supply of energy.

I just came back a few minutes ago and I see this is happening. Where's the mods?

They need to ban OC posters

Can't wait for the day you get IP banned for being a mega-autist.

What the fuck do you even wanted posted in this general?

>mods
>on Veeky Forums

I know, right? If we could harness the autism of all fanwork creators as an energy source, we could fuel the world forever
This. And fanart shitters too

So use this guy as a autistic human battery? It's probably not enough.

Discussion of the games, fan stuff of official characters

Is it more than one poster or one guy with a pass?