Why do people buy these?

Why do people buy these?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7yiomVMMSs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>a thread died for this

Because it's got P O T E N T I A L, which means it's great to hard park and stance

Almost every thread on this board is a blatant shitpost/full of shitposting anyway

They want an old 80s shitbox that people thought was good when looking back with rose tinted goggles, but they can't afford to buy a $3k 240sx or AE86 outright (or they don't have the mechanical aptitude to keep an extremely simple old car running) so they finance a new car that has the performance of an 80s Japanese economy car.

they are good platforms

Same reason people "buy" Fiesta and focus STs
Because they can't afford a proper car so they lease/finance a cheap shitbox with their mcdonalds assistant manager monies and eat ramen and live with their parents so they can make payments and buy some shitty "drivers mod" once a month

Brand loyalty and aesthetics.
And people who refuse to buy american (charger challenger mustang camaro) but want the next best affordable ''sporty'' car.

Don't want fat ass land barge (challenger)
Not interested in smashing crowds of people (mustang)
Tired of front wheel drive, and to cheep to buy the vette.

Because it's the best drivers car at the price point.
Shits all over Mustangs/Camaros/370Z

Huh, how can someone who can't afford to buy a 3k car afford to lease a 30k car?

>shits on a 370
LOL no. Sorry. Only a moron would think this. The frs does fine against one, but it doesn't come close to "shitting" on it in any way.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7yiomVMMSs
FRS is $26k and the 370 is $29, so you can't really argue price.

Cheap, large aftermarket. If you live somewhere with twisty roads (read; not America) it's good fun to throw around.

$3k Civic poorfags need not apply. $3k Civic poorfags also cannot afford Jap-exclusive performance trim 90s Civics.

Have you driven both? 370 is heavy, has pretty poor steering feedback. The 86 is a vastly better drivers car

because their parents are glad to buy their kids a car they like, but isn't fast enough to slam it into a pole at 130

people budget in a monthly payment. Too the average consumer they simply think that $300 (a month) is less than $3,000 (one time).

Rather than save up $3000 in ten months, they end up using that money over the course of a few years and get fucked by interest.

A good question OP, but you should go drive it and it's competitors. I did it and it was like night and day.

Go drive mustang, Camaro, 370. Then. Go drive a 335is or an m3. Then. Go drive an FRS. And then drive a mustang again.

Then buy a gt86

>affordable rwd coupe with enormous aftermarket

gee I wonder why

I need to see the balance distribution on this. Do u have data post swap?

More like gg86. Can't even reach 60 mph in 8.6 seconds.Weighs as much as a sedan with a golf cart engine. V6 camrys, accords, and momvans can smoke this thing.

There are more things to a car than what your benchracer mind can even hope to comprehend, my dear goyim.

>t. busrider

Always idiots to take the bait, we had four 86 shitpost threads last night and you all don't mind????

>$3k 240sx or AE86
I WISH 240SX and AE86 still costed 3k

Fun.

I wish 80s japanese economy cars were as fast or stiff as a gt86

Another one

>read; not America
what, do you think America is 100% flat flyover cornfields and urban gridlock? There's better roads in the Appalachian mountains then you'll find anywhere else in the world because there's next to no traffic or policing on them and they wind for miles

Fucking yuropoors

yeah, you hit the gas and it puts a bunch of weight onto the rear wheels.

You can do a lot to them in California and still be smog legal so they're obnoxiously overpriced here.
You can't do the same thing to S13/Miata/WRX or even an old honda without bribing your way through smog inspections.

they can't wrench on old sports cars which are better in every way.

>Why do people buy these?

Why wouldn't they, serious question?

Yeah it's a sports car to pander to weebs

Oh yeah, dream is to run the 129. If you want to pop up to MA, got some nice fucking roads up here

>buying used cars
not an option if you want a clean one here in the rust belt

i'm still driving a used car but I definitely want a new car for my next car, fuck money.

damn that projection, calm down user flipping patties isn't that bad

quite simply, to have a car that was engineered for good handling straight out of the lot, with a robust chassis, and RWD with a LSD unlike most other RWD cars on the market

and if not just for that, to mod. it's a good starting platform

because they want a cheap little car that they can fling around corners without destroying it or killing themselves and they have too much testosterone and/or dignity to buy a miata

>heavy
3200 pounds is heavy?

its 18% heavier, and 60% more powerful than the FRS

>but they can't afford to buy a $3k 240sx or AE86 outright

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

because those cars don't actually cost that little in FAIR to POOR conditions, and even if you could find them at that cheap, its gonna take about 5-10 grand to even get them working properly. So instead of buying a car with 200k miles on it and fixing it up for 15 grand only to have it break down time and time again, people buy a car with 10-30k miles for 20k (a brand new gt 86 msrp is 25k) and drop a bolt on turbo/supercharger kit and new tires for 3k instead and finance the vehicle. sure, they might pay interst and pay an extra 2k, but at least they have a car that works for more than 3 months.