Why aren't you DDing a Volt, Veeky Forums?

Why aren't you DDing a Volt, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

greencarreports.com/news/1102736_durable-2012-chevrolet-volt-300000-miles-no-battery-loss
autoblog.com/2014/01/10/chevy-volt-battery-replacement-cost-34000/
chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car.html
businessinsider.com/electric-vehicle-battery-cost-decreases-2016-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because i'm not a grandparent faggot

Because my daily commute is 105 miles and I'm pretty sure the battery won't last that long while I cruise at 80 on the freeway.

You will still get 50 MPG from the generator.

I'm sure it's a fine car for putting around town in, but I don't think it would work out on the freeway with a 75mph speed limit.

because V8 luxobarge

It would be my economy car of choice if I wasn't poor as shit

It's a hybrid user, it's top speed is 100MPH, no one has had an issue with using them on the highway

Even if it were pure electric I'm not sure where you got the notion that it has a low top speed, a Model S does like 150

I thought the Volt was the all-electric?

Because I DD your mom

I don't buy cars the CIA can control

I'd buy one as a toy, I like the idea of genset run vehicles, muh efficiency. But they really didn't need to put all the CIA electronics in it...

The EPA rates the Volt for 38 miles of electric range, but let's say 35 miles just to be conservative. That would leave you 70 more miles with the engine running. The EPA rates the Volt at 40 mpg highway, but let's say 35 just to be conservative. This means you will burn 2 gallons of gas for your remaining 70 mile trip. If we combine this with the electric range from the first 35 miles, this gives us a total of 52.5 mpg.

It's top speed is 101 mph in both electric mode and hybrid mode.

The Bolt is all-electric. The Volt is a plug-in hybrid.

Eventually, most people will have a Volt-like car. They're fucking cheap now because of the rebates, but I'd like to pick up a 2nd gen later on because the first gen's interior was trash.

>CIA

Elaborate, please.

>top speed 101

kek a 90's i4 camry can hit at least 120

Then don't buy new cars because a guy in his Mercedes had his car hacked and sped up without him wanting so and he crashed and died after supposedly uncovering "secretive" information.

Don't buy "Smart" TVs either since those too can be hacked and your conversations recorded without your knowing so. this isn't me being a conspiracy nut this shit-(smart TV hacking)-was just talked about on the national news a week or so ago.

Drivetrain is electric only. But there is a 3 cyl 900cc generator.

How are these reliability- wise? Also just get a Prius

A coworker bought a 2012 brand new and is now at 200k miles.

They are eating through soft tire at lightning speed but I don't think he ever got stranded.

>the first gen's interior was trash.

How so?

It's electronically limited.

The best modern interior there is. Combine that with the peaceful silence of the drivetrain and throw in some slightly tinted windows and it's like piloting a futuristic spaceship

>White glossy plastic
Is this the new plastic wood?

I've never seen it done in other cars now that I think of it

The wheels are driven on electric power only, with the engine providing charge for the battery under most circumstances. Occasionally the engine will "assist" the electric motor if the software deems it is more efficient.

The engine has 4 cylinders and 1.4 liters (1,400 ccs) of displacement.

The battery packs are stupidly reliable, there's a shop in Canada making an electric Evora using a Tesla Model S motor with Volt battery packs

I actually really want one as a daily driver

bought a Honda Insight almost two years ago after a tree fell on my beloved and dearly departed 240sx s14.

used Volts were not low enough in price yet.

There is a Volt with 300,000 miles and no battery degradation.

greencarreports.com/news/1102736_durable-2012-chevrolet-volt-300000-miles-no-battery-loss

A Volt can be much more than a Prius, depending on your driving habits. According to the On-Star app, my 50,000 mile Volt has a lifetime average of 124 mpg.

Please tell me it was a first gen

Oh great, it now looks like an iphone.

iPhones are all ALOOMINUM

I drove an early version where the capacitive buttons were hit and miss. I don't know if they changed it from then.

Still looks like one.

>anything white looks like an iPhone
Go back to your grave, Steve Jobs

>simple
>looks like I could break it by touching it
>seems to be simple interface
just because I pointed out one thing instead of many doesn't make me wrong user.

Prius. Little blue chub is a bonus, you get to jerk it off every time you have to switch from drive to park or reverse.

They removed some buttons and rearranged others starting with the 2013 model year.

>capacitive buttons
Why would they do this? They're inferior to mechanical ones in every imaginable way.

No it looks more like a Samsung pretending to be an iphone

Much more efficient than a Prius, I meant.

nah my insight is the grey 4 door you see in the honda general image.

40/50 mpg and can hold my gun range stuff.

>I'm right because I said so
You're an idiot

Or if you do buy a new car, buy one in manual with a mechanical parking brake and key ignition. Unless they can control the clutch, you can take it out of gear, shut the engine off and lightly tug the brake to stop.

I didn't say I was right, I just said I wasn't wrong, looks are subjective.

Fuck off, your opinion is wrong

Fuck off GM fag, take your horribly built shit somewhere else.

>t. butthurt gm fangirl

>spend $33k for a car you dont really like to save a few dollars on gas
>electricity bill is now double
>save $1k a year on gas
>still own an ugly as fuck car
>5 years later batteries barely hold 50% charge
>replace them
>cost is $8k
>mitigate all savings
>could have just bought an 80's corolla or a diesel
>still stuck with ugly fucking car
>$500 month payments

>all the downsides of an electric
>all the downsides of a ICE
>potato ugly
>$34k
LOL chevy, go home you're drunk. It doesn't save me enough in gas to pay for double cost of maintenance. My 1993 corolla beater gets 40 mpg and cost $20 a month to insure. And I've spent a total of $500 on it including purchase price.

>this made up math
the lengths people will go to delude themselves into thinking the electric car isn't taking over

>no battery degradation.
BULLLLLSSHHIIITTTTTTTTTT. The battery mileage is so fucking useless, who can tell anyways.

Sure pal
autoblog.com/2014/01/10/chevy-volt-battery-replacement-cost-34000/
chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car.html
And the KW/h addition to your house is pretty easy to calculate ya faggot.

>batteries are taking over! You can own two cars now to do what one used to!
>want to go more than 300 miles on a trip? Fuck you!!!
>buy this hybrid so you still have to repair the engine but you also get to repair battery shit
>still less mpg than a diesel or 80-90s small car

I love it. It's my favorite car. Because I have solar panels, my electricity bill is unchanged.

>spend 10s of thousands of dollars just so you can own a sub par ugly car and get 8 more mpg!!!!
LOL you battery fags are so fucking gay.

>GM shill please go

>electric cars aren't better than gas cars now, so that means they never will be!

lol if this retard was alive 100 years ago, he would be arguing that horses are better than cars

>battery cars have existed since the 1800's
>still can't beat ICE
LOL moron.

>remove government subsidy
>electric car price triples
>this kills the market

Keep trying nigger.

Or all the upsides, depending on how you look at it.

If you were alive 100 years ago you'd have bought a electric based on the notion that they will be better than ICE "some day".
We don't care about what they'll eventually be, we care about what we have NOW. We can't just jump into the time machine and bring a electric car from the future that runs on a waste recycling generator.

businessinsider.com/electric-vehicle-battery-cost-decreases-2016-3
>In 2015, 462,000 people around the world bought electric cars, up 59% from the year before.
>a report from Argonne National Laboratory predicts that electric cars will make up 58% of the light vehicle market by 2030
also government subsidies when you buy an electric car are like a couple thousand you dumbass lol, but please continue ranting and raving like a luddite about how technology is evil and we should all go back to driving carbureted pushrod vehicles with unsynchronized manuals and no electronics whatsoever

i bet you get triggered by electronic parking brakes

YOU don't care. But for many people, EV's are already practical and affordable enough, just look at how many tesla's you see on the road now.

The ~42 miles I get in the warmer months covers most of my driving. My car's lifetime average mpg is 124.

nice strawman
teslas are bought for green cred and because there's free recharging for now, nothing more
it's not like they're cheap or something

What upside?
Getting less mpg that 90's shit boxes? Paying for a $33k daily driver? The double maintenance?

>he thinks I'm talking about rebates
>59% up from 0.38% of the market
ahahahahhaahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha
Lrn how percentages work and stop trying.

No one is going to suck off your shitty car purchase, stop trying.

>42 miles
>batteries will take over fuel
LOL

I think it's very nice looking and my average mpg is up by 60 from my previous car.

>EVs taking over the road
>projected to be a majority of passenger cars on the road within 15 years
>"ELECTRIC CARS ARE JUST A MEME!"

lol these luddites are 3funny5me

>automatic only

>these college guesses that electric cars will take over in 10 years
>market clearly proving otherwise
Sure GM, sure. Fire whoever works for you. Remember when Trump never had a chance to be president too?

>electric is so shitty they still have to attach an ICE to it for it to work
LOL

That's irrelevant though. There's literally no reason to be an early adopter when the technology is clearly immature. I'm not a luddite, I'll just wait for the EVs to actually become the majority before I buy one. Buying a Volt because some day we'll have good EVs is retarded.

I get the electric range of an electric car, without having to be tied to long charge times and hard to find charging stations for longer trips.

I would much rather take the hit in electric range if it means being able to go further than a Nissan Leaf, for example. Thanks to the hybrid design, my Volt is a much more usable car.

My car has had a lifetime mpg of 124 since it was new. It had around 70% oil life when I got it. I've driven it for 21,000 miles and haven't changed the oil yet. It still has 25% oil life left.

Gm, just stop. It's embarrassing. You make it run an 11 sec 1/4 mile and handle like an rsx type s then I'll THINK about being caught dead in one. Otherwise, just stop.

At 16.5 kWh, it's a very small battery compared to the 60 kWh battery in the Bolt and the base Model S.

With low mile 2013 Volts going for $15,000, I think the Volt is a great purchase for today. It's my top recommendation for anyone wanting to get into the technology.

I think it will happen some day.

>buying a used EV with miles already substracted from the $8k battery
>for $15000
thanks but no thanks, I'll get a 600SEL for 5k and use the rest for gas and the eventual spare parts

It will, but it's irrelevant. The day it achieves that, then it will make sense to get one. Maybe some genius chemical engineer will come up with a revolutionary battery that solves the problem, but until then, the EVs carry too much baggage, literally speaking.

EV cucks BTFO!

Replace BMW with Volt

This kills the Polar Bear

>don't buy new cars
>Don't buy "Smart" TVs
I don't.

>we should all go back to driving carbureted pushrod vehicles with unsynchronized manuals and no electronics whatsoever
this is what I believe, yes

There's a Volt with 300,000 miles and no battery degradation.

Let me know when that kind of thing isn't news

>miles
Years is the parameter to look for. They typically last 10 years. That 2013 car only has 6 years left.

How else would we know about it? Electric cars like the Leaf and Volt are still new, so high mileage ones are not common. It's great evidence for the reliability of the Volt in particular.

I only DD sports cars.

Furthest I went between gas fillups was approx 1000 miles. Get at me.

The life of the battery over 10 years is not yet known for the Volt.

Nice! Is that yours?

Yeee nigga.

Do you like it?

>The life of the battery over 10 years is not yet known for the Volt.
Just more reason to not buy one :^)
Also what makes you think it will be much better than other batteries? It's not like it packs some revolutionary battery tech.
Buying used is dumb when it comes to EVs, they're made for being leased. Sadly it's also the case for most modern ICE powered cars. Even the luxury ones. Back in the day a Benz was made to last a lifetime, now they start falling apart after 5 years. Leasing is also why they lost so much prestige, when you had to pay them in full in order to get them only the truly wealthy could afford them.

actually the Volt only lets you use 10kWh of battery. So you lose 6 kWh of capacity with out actually harming range. Which will take well over a decade.

Luxury is vulgarity

>Also what makes you think it will be much better than other batteries?

I don't.

>Buying used is dumb when it comes to EVs

I disagree. I think they're the best choice for a used car because of their high depreciation resulting in incredible value.