What makes the R34 GT-R better than the R33?

J-spec.au shows that the average sale price of a grade 4+ R34 GT-R VSpec/MSpec is 83500 AUD. The average sale price of a grade 4+ R33 GTR VSpec is 29400 AUD.

What makes the R34 worth 54k AUD more?

Other urls found in this thread:

gtr.co.uk/forum/163666-attesa-solenoid-operating-frequency.html
r33gt-r.com/2012/04/r33-vs-r34-gt-rs-continued-objective.html
youtube.com/watch?v=l4Oh1CHu7ig
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Purely the fact its an R34 GTR, not an R33 GTR. The R34 is a better car all around, but not 50k better. I still know which one id rather.

Can you explain the actual details that differentiate the R33 vs R34 in performance? I get that it's the last RB26 GT-R and that a lot of people prefer the look of the R34 but I'm trying to figure out the objective performance improvements.

ATTESA works ten times faster in a 34 than a 33 for starters.

Americans are ruining import prices for everyone

I've seen this claim but I'm not sure where it came from. Also, according to people that actually race these things the solenoids are operated at 200 Hz regardless so I'm not sure how much value a 1000 Hz wheel speed sensor provides: gtr.co.uk/forum/163666-attesa-solenoid-operating-frequency.html

The R33 is the only one legal to import.

A higher sampling rate with a bandpass filter and a rolling average is much more accurate than a lower sampling rate that can't afford to drop garbage data.

I guess that's true. I can't actually source the claim though. There was a lot of bullshit around ATTESA from the various versions. There are claims that the A-LSD allows for active torque vectoring but that's complete bullshit, there's no feedback loop to achieve that anywhere in the system.

Yeah americanz buying all those 1989 r32sfrom Canada totally fucks up the pricing of r34z....

Good foot approves the R34.

>What makes the R34 GT-R better than the R33?
Nothing.
Pure "nostalgia" due 2 fast 2 Furious and Need For Speed Underground 2.

I was told that the R34 GTR is unquestionably a better car in every way than the R33 GTR so I'm curious to know what ways those are stock to stock that actually justifies the price differential.

i feel like the only person on earth who prefers the r33 to the r34

r33 > r32 > r34

not that the r34 is bad by any means i just dont think it looks as good

>What makes the R34 worth 54k AUD more?
Aesthetics, miscellaneous interior goodies, and the FnF meme tax. It isn't worth $54k more but cunts will pay the price just for the reputation it has.

They are, but they can't touch R34s yet. We can blame them for the FnF franchise though.

I blame Mapleniggers for the rising S-chassis prices. It's just as well they'll all be gone before they're legal for Americlaps because they'll shit them up just like they did with all of their domestic 240SX models.

R34 was built to be a nicer car to drive. Much less aggressive and far better assists. Unlike the R33 which was built to destroy the R32, which it did the R34 was more just refining it.

Personally I'm a cheap fuck and would just go for the R33, best performance per dollar.

Do any of these cars even have traction control? Or do you mean improved ABS + ATTESA?

I'm leaning the same way but I wanted to know if the R34 isn't just memed to absurd prices.

Good foot, Kek.

r33gt-r.com/2012/04/r33-vs-r34-gt-rs-continued-objective.html
This gives a good overview of what changed. I swear all the computers onboard also got a massive upgrade but it isnt mentioned.

Personally the R34 is just too meme'd for me, fix the wet fish chassis of the R33 and it should be fine. Deep down I'm a R32 man, but the GTR is too fucking expensive these days and the GTST or similar turbo models have the RB20, just a bit too small for my liking.

I've heard that Nismo actually offers a service to spot weld reinforcements in hidden parts of the body, even replacing some parts with carbon fiber to maximize rigidity.

That along with some kind of front diffuser, R34 VSpec rear diffuser, Z-tune style fender vents or some kind of vented hood to let the air under the engine escape should make for pretty good handling.

R34 has strongest block of the 3. not just meme jap car tax.

youtube.com/watch?v=l4Oh1CHu7ig

Is there a distinguishing mark? I know the GT500 blocks were stamped RRR so I would assume that a different block would get a different stamp. Would the N1 block be stronger regardless?

Are you retarded? People buy these as an investment because they know how much americans are going to pay for them in 7 years

Lmao no, its cool you think like that though. Real kike-like

The fact of the matter is these cars, along with all other golden era jap cars, have been steadily rising in price since like 2008. Since about 2012 theyve sky rocketed.
Because all the guys in their 20s who fapped to these shitboxes as a kid be it because of video games, tuner mags, fnf and other media etc etc are finally in a position to buy them
Same thing happened with classic muscle back in the early-mid '00s (although the scale at which that happened is much much less than the 80s/90s jap cars). All the gen X'ers who slammed them into trees in the 80s and 90s and forgot about them had a renascent of their love for them and no longer being teenagers/20 something year olds, and now having good well paying jobs and secure families, were able to go back and buy the cars from their glory years..

All that being from the perspective of someone from oceania. Canadians though thats kind of a different story. For years all their jap shitboxes were cheaper than the rest of the world, but as soon as americans were able to get grubby hands on them the canuks started bumping up prices of r32 gtrs from 12k to 22k.

M8, I'm from Australia too. It has to do with that, yes, but for you to just pass off the idea that people get cars as investments is idiotic. Since we have to import these cars from one finite source, we're bidding against canadians who intend to bring them into the US, amerifats who intend to put it in storage, all bringing the price up. As such, the domestic price is going to be higher.

It's the theory of an efficient market, allbeit quite different due to the fees associated with importing, shipping costs etc.

If there was a price gap of 40k between an R34 here and one in Japan, you can be certain that a yank would import one from here instead. Since the R34 was only sold in Japan, if any market that imports it has a price rise, our market will follow shortly after. 7 years is not a long time, The R34s will be worth twice their asking price now in that time. While growth of 14% p.a. isn't the best available, it's certainly a good offering for the low risk you're taking on.

I didn't mention how much of a meme this thing is in the U.S. 14% sounds steep but it's going to average out to that if we're looking at 7 years in the future. It'll be pretty tame the next couple years, but it'll spike to close to 150k for a good R34.

I really call bullshit on 150k. That sounds really absurd.

nice