Peugeot 205

So I'm buying a 205 soon

Modification ideas?
Suggestions for anything are welcome
I have some GTi rims for it that I need to paint, anyone have ideas for colour schemes?

no h8 pls

Other urls found in this thread:

peugeot-tuning-parts.co.uk/gear-linkages.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Instead of considering cosmetic useless shit, go for chassis rigidification and rust treatment and prevention.

I will, I've got a strut bar to go on and I'll be treating the underside of the car to prevent any rust

I want to make cosmetic modifications too

Do not bother with cosmetics you chav. 205 GTis are notorious for having a temper and being weak to torsion damage. Get the chassis right, but let it pass as another shit 205 if you want to keep it.

>dification ideas
Upgrade the factory brakes. It's the first thing I would do.
Change the spark plugs for new ones. Hoover the boot.

don't turn it into a piece of shit

definetly going to be one of these I would have thought

Some of these look,

These,

Them

x4

There we go

one of these

this

this

No, or there's no point,

205's are nearing 30 years old now. If you want to keep it, repair it first. Check for the usual rust on the underside, wings and sills, but also for leaks on the foot well and boot floor, and have a good look at the rear beam as well, 205's eat them for breakfast.

Get a 106 with less KMs for way cheaper.

One of these

hurr, so original

>"Look mom, I made the best evar meme on the interwebs!"

Go home, you little bitch. The Pug 205 GTi is one of the best hot-hatches to exist. Even better than the Mk1 Golf GTi

u mad you got cucked in the corners by said 30yo french shitbox?

daily reminder the usa would still be under imperial rule if not for the french

congrats, you just gave him what he wanted to achieve with that post

Dude, this isn't a petting zoo. There ain't any signs saying "don't feed the troll"

>period correct aftermarket radio
>cassette tapes full of french music
>little french flag on the side rear window behind the driver

thats all i'd do cosmetically i guess.

as for colourschemes.

group b rally FAGGOT

Holy fuck checked.
Woah didn't know I'd get that kind of response from just some simple bants. I love French cars especially peaugeots in fact my grails would be a Citroen DS or a peaugeot 505. I'm glad OP is getting that car sadly I can't here in the US.

>55
>66
>77
>88

Quite the interesting string of dubs here

>5, 6, 7, 8
holy shit, nice

Taking advice from most of you in this thread, thanks for the advice lads

Already one of those owned by someone I know doing rallying with it, wanting something a little different

Any more cosmetic suggestions?

keep it as in working or non stolen? :^)

what are they?

Would a 1.1 version of these be doable as a DD or will it be miserable?

They are good cars

The top image is a turbo valve dump. looks like a piece of polished tat to me

The bottom rods are upgraded suspension anti-roll bars, I will have to get the workshop manual out to give you more details, but having fitted something similar before they will
stop the car rocking about from side to side as much when cornering. They will make a difference to the
feel of the car but whether it actually improves the handling or the drive I do not know.

By today's standards the 205 is a death trap.

Sure if you have a boner for a 205 you can always re-do the whole suspension the engine and preferably stiffen the chassis to get a fun death trap.

Now if you assume that the condition of the car is good and drive it without verifying/re-doing parts of the car you have a death wish and the 205 is a good death trap to fulfill your wish.

the death trap term refers to the GTi version of the 205 and assumes that yyyyyyou floor it.

Why is the 205 in particular a death trap? Aren't pretty much all old euro econoboxes deathtraps?

all old shitboxes are deathtraps

just dont crash them.

very wise words

It used to be once a week someone would drive a 205 or a Astra or Cosworth into our brick wall and be thrown out the rear window while the driver legged it as ambulance turned up

I miss it,

but really. loads of people died

>softish suspension
use xsara vts springs/dampers
>bendy subframe/bodyshell
stitch welded and reinforced subframe, upper and lower braces.
>weak brakes
use 206 gti hubs (they're lighter), 266mm discs and 206 gti calipers, 406 master cylinder.
>flimsy gear shifter rods/linkages
peugeot-tuning-parts.co.uk/gear-linkages.html
>jerky throttle response in traffic
modern injectors cure this with better atomisation
>slow steering rack
quaife do a quick rack but you need a corsa epas column.
you can also use a rack from a xsara vtr/vts or citroen zx volcane/16v and supposedly a late 205 diesel also has the same rack as the citroen zx.
>slow revving on the 1.9
fit a 1.6 flywheel, get it lightened first.

dump valve (why lol) and torsion bars

French user here, i am amazed that there are many brits that like the 205, in france this car has become an antique, and many were dumped to clunckers to get new cars and tax refund.
205 is litterally became the country side cars for french rednecks, especially Diesel engines.
What is it you like so much in the 205? I really wish to understand. The 205 looks nice for rally, but keep in mind in rally they just swap everything.
I would be a brit, i'd spend my £ in japs, you have a waaaayyyy better import for foreign car especially to import nipponmotor, that is by chance also LHD.

>French rednecks exist
Mind=blown
Tell me more user.

what this user said.

rust prevention is probably the best thing you can do to old cars depending on where you live. then I would invest in proper suspension and brakes. anything more will start to cost you good money and might not be worth it, I don't know how far you want to go.

it should be "Das ist rassistisch!" with ss.

fucking frogs, what's wrong with you?