Be 23

>be 23
>using parents car
>need to buy a car to move out
>just landed shit tier job paying a couple dollars above minimum wage
>want to start traveling/hiking/camping /out/ stuff
>contemplating between a versatile car like a Toyota 4runner or a shitty sports car like an is-f or american unreliability challenger
>4runner would be significantly cheaper as I would be buying an older model
What option do you go for if given versatility vs sport?

I doubt you have enough money for a car if you're making just above minimum wage.
What do you earn in a fortnight? How much of that do you want to put towards car-related payments (fuel, insurance, loan, maintenance)?

Between the two in the OP the 4runner will always be cheaper to keep and more useful innawoods. Not much of a contest there.

I will avoid the memes but buy a 15 years old car at 1K.

40k a year. I figured if I became more rational and go with my guts(leaning towards 4runner for reliability) the 4runner would be cheaper to maintain in the long run. Insurance would be roughly 1200 a year as I got an estimated quote earlier today. I'm still young so taking that into consideration(down payment, loan), I would want everything to be cheap/low in regards to your questions but then again I'm still young and I don't want to regret not owning a sports car and get a mid life crisis later on...

True. Just needed so rational minds out there.

I'm frankly tired of driving boring cars. I'm on the road a lot (as I live in the suburbs and drive to city), so 2 hours of driving a day is a normal day to me.

If you are driving a lot get a challenger. Super comfy and pretty quiet on the highway. The 5.7 motor has been around for a while and is pretty reliable plus good after market for it

Its basically a 2 door E-class benz but also drives like one unless you get the SRT8 or SRT 392.

Buy a Suburban
>4runner reliability without the rust
>better for camping innawoods and traveling
>significantly cheaper for similar year/miles
>super comfy
If it's good enough for Tony Soprano, it's good enough for you.

>40k
Ah that changes everything. I thought you were a minimumwagecuck since you were driving your parents car.

I'd take a suburban too. Diesel one.

Listen to this. I went from a 4Runner to a Tahoe years ago, reliability is about the same and everything else is a huge improvement.

Also, any reason you can only have 1 car? A couple years ago I was considering getting a newer truck but just bought a C5 Corvette instead, now I have every driving angle covered.

If you get a diesel Suburban, get a lifetime warranty PMD relocation kit and replace the clutch fan with one from a Duramax while you're there.

>couple dollars above minimum wage
>40k annually

That is more than double minimum wage.

Not if you're working 60 hours a week.

I love my 4Runner, but it's an 07' V8 4WD that I've thrown a bunch of money at.

For the best bang for your buck, most of these guys in this thread pretty much have it on the money.
Get like an older LT Z71 Tahoe with the Vortec 5.3 and it will pretty much live as long as a 4Runner (And, if anything does break, be waaaaaay cheaper to fix.)
Plus, there is an absolutely massive range of aftermarket, because Chevvy. Trying to tune up that 4Runner of mine has been my hell.

>look up local suburbans on small ads
>they are literally all over 250k miles

If that isn't a testament to their toughness I don't know what would be.

No one bothers to keep the miles off of a Suburban. Some people maintain them, some people don't. Either way, they just keep going. It's like you have to make an actual effort to kill one.

Nigga I work 50hrs a week and make 25k

$11/hr at 60 hrs puts you at $40k That's not too much more than the federal minimum wage and a lot of states set a higher minimum wage.

>tfw yuropoor
>tfw you will never own a Suburban

kill me

>Torn between suburban for cost and space and 4runner for reliability and fuel economy
>Finally decide to take chance on Suburban
>Dead nuts reliable at 200k miles
>Double the fuel economy everyone said it would get
Worked out pretty well.

>Bought a 96 suburban with 189k miles
>Never spend a single cent in maintenance in 3 years
>Now at 240K and only had to change the battery (bought one for $20 from the junkyard.)

The fuel price might be a bit scary when you do do 20 MPG in the best condition possible but there is literally no other expenses on the suburban.