Bought my first manual yesterday!

Bought my first manual yesterday!

2007 Honda Civic EX 5-sp Manual for $4900 CAD. Has 153k km. This guy has done absolutely everything. Every fluid changed, new clutch, rotors, pads, calipers, tires, alignment.

Comparing it to other cars in my area, I got an absolute steal. I've found Rebuilt base model 07 Civics with similar KM for the same money. I found the exact same as my car (same 153k km on a 4-dr Civic EX), but with 2 accidents over $2000 (and brown), for $6900. My car has no accidents at all, not a single claim. I'm planning on keeping it for a year and once I become decent at driving a manual, I'm going to get a 2015+ Mustang GT. Wasn't sure if I should have bought the Mustang first, and learn stick on that. Or buy something cheaper. I got such a good deal I decided to go down the second route.

I've only been driving it for maybe 2-3 hours total, and have already gotten hill starts down. I just have to work on becoming smoother.

Couldn't you have gone with a newer accord? They're nice and shiny.

nice m8

I didn't want to get something that would depreciate quickly, was looking for something that was near the end of its depreciation. I plan on selling it in a year after I learn to drive stick. I got such a great deal on it, I think in a years time I should be able to get most of my money back.

Lads, 153k km converts to 95 miles. youre welcome.

Better advice: own this thing and drive it till it completely dies. With the money you'll save from owning this over the years, you could buy a lightly used 2015+ Mustang and it'll hurt your wallet *much* less.

You could always do the Dave Ramsey thing

>buy used car outright
>go open a savings account
>deposit a car payments worth amount of money into that account every month
>wait until you have the amount saved up for the car you want or at least a solid 2/3rd
>buy the car you want by financing with a no-penalty early payment plan so the dealership can offer you a lower price (they get commission on selling financing plans, not sales normally; they can sell cars for less if you finance than if you buy outright then and there)
>pay off car next month using cash saved up

Works well.

Plus, that generation of Civic is a great car; it will treat you better than a Mustang GT in a lot of ways.

I just can't stand that honda civic look. So fat.

Main reason I bought it over the previous Gen: uses a timing chain, and has AUX as standard.

I had enough for the Mustang GT already saved up. But I couldn't decide if I wanted to learn on a brand new car and maybe ruin it. I didn't know if I would be learning quickly or slow.

>Compounding unit prefixes
Please re-read the SI Brochure

I was in a similar position except I needed something more relatively new since my job requires a lot of travel and it's not good being SOL in bumfuck nowhere.
So I just got a mustang. 4 months into manual and I'm just about confident in everything. It's still somewhat bumpy and slowing down and then downshifting into 2nd for a turn isn't smooth yet.
>tfw I got a V6 :[

well shoot, save up the amount you spent on this thing plus another $10k CAD and buy some performance options for your Mustang.

Why did you delete your other thread?
Fuck off blog poster

wanted to recrop the photo

>153 Mm
That looks awful.

You fucked up. Should have just bought mustang gt. Now you just spent part of mustang money on shit box civic.
Good news is when you sell it you should get some money back. Either way I think this whole thing was waste of money and time.

mustang is shit anyways bro

stay jelly busriding cunt :^)

Lol. Good one. Sure showed me how butt hurt you are. And youre not even OP

Congrats user, you have the best 3k civic.

>And youre not even OP
no shit
>Lol. Good one. Sure showed me how butt hurt you are.
>all this projection
lmfao I just called you out on your faggotry

>muh rules
>BAAAAAAW MODSSSSSS

As a guy who has never driven an autotragic, it's interesting to see how it's like for someone who learned in one to drive a manual for the first time.
As I said earlier, . We don't need your kind here.

>Every fluid changed
are you sure? Did you check the blinker fluid? Most people forget to change it and then you get electric gremlins that take expensive replacement smoke to fix.

Lol What?

What you just read.

congrats OP. I've owned 25+ cars and a 2011 Civic Si was one of my favorites. really good balance of fun and practicality. it takes months, if not years to really perfect driving a manual but as long as you've got the basics down, you're well on your way.

I personally would recommend keeping the Civic, wait until it's paid off if it's financed - and then get a Mustang as a second car. I've got a 2015 Mustang and would be miserable if that were my only car.

Put her in the /hg/ collage breh

Looks SI-compliant and therefore, beautiful.

Fuck off back to /r/cars

Good job OP, hope you enjoy it. I have an '08 autotragic and even though it's boring, it's reliable as hell. I've just done oil changes, a transmission fluid flush, and got new tires on it a few months ago. Had it for a year and a half, no problems so far (77k miles at purchase, 97k miles now). And since you got a manuel, in theory it should be more reliable than automatic and more fun to drive.