/ng/ - Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>Little things to know

Your amrita counter turns gold when you have enough to level up.

If you're going to sell your gear, break it down first and sell the materials because they are worth more.

Using spirit stones will charge your spirit weapon.

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected, this saves time running back to your grave and also takes away the risk of losing all your amrita before you reach your grave

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour when you defeat them, these pieces are good but they often require investment into skill or strength etc. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon. This is a great advantage because your forged gear has lower requirements and you don't have to farm the boss all the time for more pieces.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most. Don't worry if the clan you chose is on the losing side (red or blue team), clans can change color if one is dominating too much.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

1sr for the official /ng/ secret word is NOFUNN

So IMMEDIATELY after beating way of the warrior hundred eyes I backed up my save data and proceeded to forge as many weapons as possible in hopes of getting a 320.
I did this twice and made around 160 weapons so far, none have been lvl 320. How rare is it to get the 320 from forging?

Put a password for playing with /ng/ in the op next time, just make it vidya or something.

IZA

Anyone notice if you kill umi bozu with flame mask it doesn't count as kill in monster codex?

who cares

After 60 kills he finally dropped his smithing text. It does drop on the adept version. Now I need a writhing tounge so I can make his fucking headband.

All the ninjas post your shit. You know who you are.

Is the Yagyu set extended parry useful?
Does it work with every weapon?
I'm considering ditching the red demon meme for it.

>can't get Sakon's giant straw hat
>can't get moth spirit
>can't get nekomata/byakko spirit
Fuck everything.

it matters if you want trophy

>See Demon/BIg human
>Headshot
>Grapple
>Use weapon's horahorahorahora move
>Repeat for 30 hours
Yeah man so much fun zzz...

no idea why i try and help

>tfw got his sword and armour text on my first fight with him

honestly thought it was a guaranteed drop.

where is the last magatama?
someone said it was on
>Omi: The Ghosts of Sawayama
but I can't find it.

So much fun you post this every thread

>See copypasta
>copy
>paste
>wait for people's reactions
>don't get any because people are too busy playing and enjoying the game
Yeah man so much fun zzz...

Mate that's nothing, especially for that level.

>3 pieces of Tatenashi Armor
I only need the hiyazori and the kote before I become unkillable.

>looking forward to the muneshige duel after having a decent challenge in the beta
>he's been nerfed to shit and I beat him first try
>same with the nue level
the whole game is going to be like this isn't it

How the fuck do you beat 3 kelleys? I saw a video of only aggroing one a time, but doesn't work for me.

Also, if I die to the boss afterwards do they respawn?

use your living weapon.

they respawn but the door behind them stays open so you can just run past them

do you main the kusari?
post your build

anyone know?

You are like a little baby
Watch THIS

Is there a smithing text for the ronin set or somewhere I could farm it?

jesus, Sawayama Castle is confusing as fuck

>There's a boss fight against 2 bosses
>Where 1 is a small, fast lightning user
>And 1 is a fat, slow dude

Not a dark souls rip off no sir

nevermind I found it.

What's the difference between the two co-op modes?

yeah but dark souls took that from berserk.

ornstein is literally called griffith in the game files

which spirits are worth maxing?

>There's copypastas posted in every thread
>Where 1 is a small, quick shitpost
>And 1 is a long, drawn out wall of text

Not unoriginal at all no sir

what the fuck?

how do I have a piece of kingo's that only has 6/6 body/strength requirements when everything else I've ever seen for this set has 13/13?

is this normal or a bug?

No, I was just using it to raise proficiency, because I did the 2kat dojo quest first and it unlocked another quest where I got a bitching headband and I thought the other dojo quests would unlock similar quests. I was very disappointed.

dropped vs forged

How I can level spirits? I'm already at NG+.

paired raiken

one of them is being summoned and the other is playing through a mission together.

WHY AREN'T YOU DOING THE /BEYBLADE/ BUILD RIGHT NOW?

did you forge it yourself? forging it reduces reqs

what usually has the higher requirements of the two?

Hello?
Do I need to beat EVERY NG+ mission to get the chance to forge 320 items?

Y/N?

what pieces of equipment can have unlimited ammo/ninjutsu/onmyo?

just arms, chest and accessories?

N

Then what do

why can I only get twilight rewards once?
it's so dumb.

I have ammo on a gun

It's a very elaborate hoax. I've forged thousands and haven't gotten a single one.

I can't fucking do this 3 kelley room. Holy shit I've never been closer to snapping a controller.

how much stamina do I need to be green agility in heavy armors?

How in the hell are the top guys getting so much glory, last night the top guy in my clan was around 140k, now he's at 160k but someone else is at 260k, it's ridiculous.

over 99 it seems

Can someone please explain the kusarigama meme
Why do people love this weapon

Ah so that's the sword I've been seeing people with. I was curious.

>TFW no Biwa-Boku no pico mask with the effect that automatically summons revenants when you get close enough.

Yooooooooooooooooo

for real, dawg?

that's ludacris

The Two Kings was easy but now nobunigger and ms frost are being annoying. can you parry Nobunaga's regular attacks?

it's mostly because I'm a shitter

you can parry him if he doesn't have his living weapon.

good at cheesing revenants/other humans, good at getting status effects in, and is in general pretty fun

So if I'm using the Iga set, I want to use the bat as well, right?

if you use a kodama inhabited bowl at a hotspring it will let you use it again

righto, that'll make it a lot easier. headshotting him is working alright but Noh keeps throwing her weapon or interrupting my final blows

My tactic was to run the fuck away from them whilst nobu uses his LW, but close in on him and parry everything he does whilst he doesn't have it. Get some stray hits in as he chases you with his LW but don't stick around too long.

It's not a standard thing since every set has its own unique weight but for the heaviest armors, yeah. At 60 stamina I'm still yellow on master swordsman.

You only really see big jumps in how much weight you can wear around every ten levels.

As it goes up, which is the same for all stats except spirit/dex/onmyodo, the gap between that shit gets larger. Once you hit 50 you only see marked improvements every 15 levels.

Is the axe spin move a skill, or a strong attack?

>versatile
>good damage
>GET OVER HERE into sweep fucks up pretty much any revenant
>looks cool as fuck

what else could you want my man

40 STA here. Still %54~ on Medium armors.

Trying to go A on med is pain enough, trying to go A on heavy is suicide, I don't think its even possible, stats probably cap off at 99.

>Way of the warrior
You need to do way of the strong. It's based off the level of the mission you just did. You need to do way of the strong hundred eyes

I'm trying to get to B for Heavy armor since the best 2kat armor is the Master Swordsman.

>It's based off the level of the mission you just did.
Its based off the level of the highest mission you did, not mission you just did.

does anyone have all 5 of the great swords of japan?

which of the mystic arts should I get for kusari?

99 Stamina fag here

It's impossible

well, I guess it's yellow for me then
can't pass up on all the cool heavy armors
what's agility change, anyway?
I-frames, ki regen speed?

Is Nioh good?

How do I do this? I wish to become a bakugan.

I'm missing 2 Kodama in Sawayama castle, and nothing shows up on my radar when Kodama Sense is equipped, anyone know where these two are?

I don't think I've had one person yet who knew to gesture at the walls and mimics. Also have people who just ignore kodoma even when they clearly see them.

Well, you do know you can always backup your save to a USB, use a restat book, check exactly how much you need for it, then just revert to old save, right?

Might let you know if its worth the effort, since its a lot of wasted time and effort if you hit 99 and you find out you're like 4 weight short.

no

No, but For Honor instead

Start with one of the beginning axe skills and go from there, presumably. The one that has you do a double rotating slash.

For Honor is pretty dang good.

Dodge speed, running speed, and iframes.

A has the most i frames, fastest dodge speed, and changes to some moves like the attack that slices on 1kat to end combos. In A agility William backflips away further than his back step in B and much further than C.

I don't know if hyper armor is related to weight or armor class though.

Nah.

What's the max level for spirits? Do they get any new bonuses at max level?

I have all of them in my refashion menu. not sure if there's a set place they'd drop though

You use Axe
You'll know what to do along the way

there are great swords in this game?

What classifies as "Close Combat"?

>Those douche elixir chugging revenants.
Its amazing how well they've managed to recreate souls PVP community with revenants.

Great swords, you fucking moron, not greatswords.

wen u can feel ur enemys finel breths on ur face... as ur rip ur katana from their guts... hehe