/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Failed to roll through the 270-degree FUGS swing:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AbMSUQE36us
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you hit a guy during their attack animation, you'll deal bonus damage to them. It's indicated by a chunky-sounding thunk sound, as opposed to the regular hit sound.

>tfw no smokey fire weapon buff i can insert onto my FUGS

maybe raime's and fume ss will come back in dlc 2

show me pontiff

>post fashion
'Kay.

dumb hat

it okay tho. 4.75/10

>tfw Dark Souls 3 will enver have it's own Chalice Dungeon
It would make the game so much better

>not liking the classic witch/wizard hat
Poor taste in magical fashion desu.

i don't know about "better", just gives us more shit to do when we're bored

Whats so good about chalice dungeons? Seems like they would become repetitive pretty quickly.

They are, but enemy type and placement is completely different every time.

It's the same as going through the main game over and over, but every single enemy in the game has equalized damage/HP like NG+, and every single enemy in the game is in a completely mixed up and random place

imagine jailers, snakemen, and dogs in the same area

it's like going through the main game over and over if the main game had really bad level design
because it's all randomly generated instead of hand-crafted

>implying the hand-crafted levels are any better
Propane Capital and Farron Keep are calling.

this

There's nothing wrong with more content. Sometimes, it's nice to just going spelunking in a dungeon and fight bosses again, like a boss rush mode

It's not bad level design, it's more like bad enemy placement

Still, it's a very effective way of arbitrary extending hte life of the game through korean MMO mechanics

>trading blows
>with a UGS
>while you dont have a UGS

Why do people do this

i mean yeah if they have a magic wand to add more content, sure
but if i had the choice between from spending time on programming chalice dungeons in or just adding more content to the main game, i'd pick the latter

does DS2 ever start improving

Farron Keep is a decent level. A better example would've been Demon Ruins or Catacombs of Carthus, both of which seem like they were created of Chalice Dungeon leftovers.

Guide to souls series

>1 for pve
>2 for invades
>3 for...?
>3 for uuuuuh

>3 for graphics

Imo Majula-Sinner's Rise is the best portion of the game. Some people really like Drangleic Castle but I feel like DaS2 is waiting until you get to the 'good parts' but the good parts never come.

>i dont understand how latency works

unless your weapon's recovery frames are lower in duration than the latency between you and your opponent, there is virtually no way you can avoid an attack occuring at nearly the same time

1 may have the best pve but you'd still have more fun playing through the whole series rather than just repeatedly running through the first one

3 is a Greatest Hits of the Series game. It lacks its own stand out features because of it.

The DLCs are where its at
Persoanlly, I like most of the areas in the base game, not a single area in 2 is as bad as the worst areas of dark souls 1 but none of them are particularly amazing either. The DLC are among the best parts of the series.

Des/DaS1/BB for great solo PvE
DaS2 for co-op and arena
DaS3 for invasions and actual pvp

hyperarmour

>3 for graphics
What about bosses?

>not a single area in DS2 is as bad as the worst areas of DS1

Funny, I think that most of DaS2 areas are on the level or worse than the Lord Soul areas of DaS1. Lost Izalith was the only one that was truly shit and Iron Keep is roughly on par in shitty level design.

So I'm in the middle of a SL1 run in DS1, are there any good armor builds? I think I'm just playing fashion souls with the sealer robes and hood with black leather pants and gloves.

Also is it worth it to wear the stone armor on the 4kings or should I just yolo it?

>greatest hits of the souls series

wew

> for invasions and actual pvp
>invasions
>gank squads
>3v1
>infinite phantoms
>actual P E E V E E P E E
>one shot builds
>HYPERARMOURONWEAPONSLMAO
>nopoise
>phantom range

I could go on for days

I only really didnt like the depths because I thought it was 2spooky. Blightown sucks because of the fps issues but those are really the only areas I didn't like.
I cheat and just glitch into the 4kings fight so who knows what new londo is even like.

Ds2 has a lot of just awful levels. Not to mention, like, 3 poison butt swamps.

BUt you cant yolo it because in souls you dont live only once, you die and come back repeatedly.

>greatest hits of the souls series
>wew
Note that I say that as being a negative thing. Greatest Hits albums aren't "real" albums, after all...

youtube.com/watch?v=AbMSUQE36us

New Londo is like 2 areas that are mostly wide open, it's quite short.

In this webm, I predict my opponents attack and "parry" not fucking literally you god damn retards him with my greatclub 2HR1 into another 2HR1 cuz lmao2hit

He doesn't see my attack because it hasn't registered on his screen until he is already caught in his attack animation, whereas he then loses the trade and gets truecombo'd. Because this game is clientside, or operates similarly to it, I can initiate the trade despite his weapon being much faster than mine.

Man, the Javelin is fun as fuck.

>killing a boss with a hurled spear

I AM A MIGHTY NORSEMAN

ds2 has 0 swamps
the level where you wade through waist-high water and get slowly and very annoyingly killed to death is Amana instead

>I cheat and just glitch into the 4kings fight so who knows what new londo is even like.

DELET THIS

>The C**sen One
I hate this game

protip: write names in capslock because the filter is case-sensitive

Yes I thought to myself "gee ghost house was sure fun to die in, but you know what would be better than the 20 minutes of work that would take? The hour spent on getting the first drop juuust right untill i actually go it right then forgeting to equipt my ring and dying instantly"

Although I am missing out on darkwraiths and a good farming spot so I'll probably suck it up and drain it

I feel this redeems it somewhat.

I count black gultch, cave of the dead(?) and harvest valley as poison swamps although they arent slow mollasses lands.

yeah the slow molasses is the worst part
depths/gulch/harvest valley are all poison areas though, yeah
cave of the dead is more about petrification IIRC

what the hell happened to gwynevere

>invasion timers
>no full redeye orb
>damaged while backstabbing/riposting
>no healing as invader
>thousands of healing items for the host
>shit poise system where rapiers can stagger full havels
>every game has oneshot builds, even 2
>shields easily reaching 100% elemental reduction, so fuck casters
>whole game is catering towards duelfags
>soul memory
>twinking still easy as ever
>ganksquads were a thing in every game
>lmao crit gloves
>backstab immunity
>any statboosting/gimmick armor
>uninfused weapons being trash because infused weapons outclassed them without stat investment in int/fai
Jesus christ, it still baffles me how retarded ds2 fags are. Have fun with your shitty event reviving that shit game for a day.

>no healing as invader
>thousands of healing items for the host
and yet healing was 100x easier to punish/interrupt in ds2. if the host stood still long enough to pop one of those lifegems while he was at low health he would just die before the hp came into play
in ds3 he can chug right in your face and get instant heals before your weapon hits him

>ds3 he can chug right in your face and get instant heals before your weapon hits him
You can get two hits in though but I don't disagree that it's bad

>uninfused weapons being trash because infused weapons outclassed them without stat investment in int/fai
Are you sure you are talking about 2 here buddy, because 1 was the game where the Lightning Zwei was king because flat no scaling damage, 2 was where you ware shooting yourself in the foot by going through multiple resistances for less damage if you didn't hit the int/faith softcap

hey do you guys on playstation or xbox use ONLINE NAME setting or CHARACTER NAME setting to see what names people are using??

>dark souls 3 apologists

I mean unless you have a fetish for being invaded by XxXcodpro3l1t3h4xorXxX or cooping with sunbro Daniel1999 there is pretty much no reason to use online name.

Yeah but the point is
ds3: guy with 1hp left tries to chug, he ends up at full hp minus 2 hits
ds2: guy with 1hp left tries to chug, he fucking dies
not only did the heal start way later into the animation so you could actually reliably interrupt it in time, but the actual hp-restoration was over 1-2 seconds so even if you hit them shortly AFTER they got the estus off they'd be low enough to kill

buffed infused in 2 was always best, although nonbuffed infused was worse than uninfused

split damage is much worse in 3 than in 2 because of the change to making elemenal resistance use the same mechanics as physical defense

well it's easier to message them after words since PS4 lists all your recent players in a big pile and you can't tell who is who.

>nostalgiafags
Have fun with your dead game, retard.

except one chug doesn't take them to full hp but yeah

>no actual rebuttal to any of his points
>just a deflection insult and a meme reaction image

2fags, everyone.

>invasion timers
30 goddamn minutes.
>damaged while backstabbing/riposting
95% damage resistance, admittedly stupid might as well make you 100% damage immune but trying to hit someone during the part of the animation where they did take damage was still not even a good stamina/damage trade
>no healing as invader
Not even true
>shit poise system where rapiers can stagger full havels
Poise had an explicit reason for existing in that game, it was to give heavy and slow weapons a competing chance, not make rapier wielding havels an unstoppable DPS machine.
>shields easily reaching 100% elemental reduction, so fuck casters
If only there was some kind of spell that ignored shields and did enough damage to 1 shot even the tankiest build, or say left a pool of damage on the ground that fucked over turtles.
>whole game is catering towards duelfags
????? the part of the game where everyone was constantly bitching about only invading into worlds with phantoms or NPCs agroing as groups?
>backstab immunity
Well you have to be pretty fucking blind not to see someone use ghost ring, which breaks and is heavy as fuck, or the jesters chest which is just bad armor.

fucking retards, you don't have to "take teams" and fight for whichever game is your waifu
you are allowed to criticize parts of a game, recognize flaws, and still enjoy it
dont bring this 13yearold tier "myvideogameisbetterthanyourvideogame" shit in here

>newfag

Youre just wrong, youre using the wrong word, its a dismissal not a deflection, kid.

>ill try attacking 2 to prove how good 3 is

>tfw ganked by rats at SL260

do you guys ever get pissed off by fucking bullshit

The worst part is ds2 has no way to deal with it. 1 has the rusted ring, 3 has quickstep

Yes, hello. It is me, that guy you like, uh, Plaintiff Sillyman!

I just sigh and try again

desu Miyazaki probably forgot she existed

Haven't played this in a while, but I'm looking to play through it one more time with a friend
He has a PC and PS4, and would prefer it on PC, but last I had heard hackers were able to softban you
Has this been fixed yet?

well DS2 has bows and poison arrows so you can just kill the stage hazards (aka magic missile spammers) before they get on your dick
whereas with a poison swamp you're kind of stuck with it

at the very least it isn't a MAJOR issue. it's rare enough to not be worth worrying about

If there's even a possibility, I'll just stick to the ps4 version

I was more annoyed by the slog, magic artillery was relatively easy to deal with. Only the gank in the end was hard and that was because of the archdrakes, not the priestesses
That's an elongated player, right? Not suly's actually nekid body? Can we get a face closeup?

You can see the real pontiff in the background of course this is just a player move swap, which is actually really cool.

Can this be done with Ancient Wyvern?

I just got killed by someone called twokatslegion using onikiri and ubadachi...

he pointed down

>2 for invades
You mean pvp, not invades. The actual fighting was good, trying to get a fight was horrible.

>2kat+yukaslegion+point down
One of us?

>trying to use Valorheart in pvp
>keeps randomly blocking attacks and get guard broken and riposted like a retard

How do I git gud with this wep? Please tell me its not a meme. It looks sick with my fashion.

>dark souls 2 apologists

literally git gud

Yeah, I figured out how to (relatively) safely replace the player's model skeleton. Still haven't figured out how to get the actual NPC model while doing so though.

It can be done with pretty much anything. The exception being things with no model skeletons, like Slimes, or extremely different skeletons, like Crabs.

Do a Monstrosity of Sin, I want to see that.

dont attack while low stamina i guess

Level 36 with a magic weapon +3 brigand axe. The abysswalker was a goddamned pushover who lost a fifth of his health bar every time I backstabbed him (and I pretty much exclusively backstabbed him). Am I overleveled, or did they patch him, or what?

>what has science done

Why would you do this

Is hitting L2 just as the guy's roll recovery is about to end a fucking guaranteed parry?
Seems like everybody does exactly the same thing when rolling in close proximity.

That fucking bias

what's that stand's name?

In the webm you can see that after finishing the roll hes about to launch an attack and gets parried

Yeah I see it now. Still seems like you can be pretty assured that they're going to go for a hit after a roll, though. I'm still learning pvp.

So does From ever plan to acknowledge that the hitbox on longswords is at least twice as long as its actual model, or...

Water Reserve

Here you are.

Why would I not?

Season of the Witch