/hsg/ - Hearthstone General

Both tournaments have over the minimum amount of players edition!

>New rotation information
us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20475356

> /hsg/ Tournament Information
25 BATTLENET BUCKS GRAND PRIZE
Date: Feb. 24-26
EU Time: 2pm EST / 19:00 GMT
NA Time: 6pm EST / 23:00 GMT
Estimated time: 4 hours per day
Sign-up closed at: Feb. 20 - 11:59pm EST / Feb. 21 - 4:59 GMT
Format: Conquest, Bo5
Stream: twitchDOTtv/axolotlhooves
Streamer Battletag: AxolotlAndy#1798

>NA Entry Form:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfWgLm4nNqzprlQVKZEKGYNLav4tRDpMz1QXqYNV6lTtwLcDQ/viewform

>EU entry form
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeo-O3Z5cQJEjS56l8K5Dhq8m2GkydybKkeiBFCXuN0tNuTQQ/viewform

>Deck lists, news etc:
liquidhearth.com/
hearthstoneplayers.com/
hearthhead.com/
hearthpwn.com/

>Arena Help
heartharena.com/
discord.gg/m8F3YeZ

>Open Tournaments:
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/
zotac-cup.com

>Deck Tracker:
hsdecktracker.net/

Previous

reminder that if you don't watch the hsg tourney that's pretty disappointing because it's a fun community thing and i think you will regret it later

will do brother, queuing it now. have a fun meme list in return, it also gets surprising win rates.

reminder that for the first expansion you are gonna have gold and dust and it seems alright
for the next expansion you won't have had 8 months to save up and you will run into trouble
by the time the third expansion comes around you will be sad because you're so low on currency

make sure you realize this right now so you can fight for change!

>make sure you realize this right now so you can fight for change!

Yeah change to another game :^)

>tfw you realize year of the mammoth relates to the size of the strap on ben brode equips to fuck the playerbase in the ass with

I'm just hoping for more red bull packs

PERSON
BALANCE
TEAM

Neat, will try it. Heres some tip. Barnes is get tempo by himself turn 3-4 but fucking great if you got shadowstep/toxin set up. Brann+shadowcaster is great for dropping tiny branns beside high value stuff even if you dont double battlecry so you can bait removal. Possibly my favorite thing to do, sylv + shadow strike, they never see it coming. The deck is super top heavy, so mull aggressively for low drops.

Of which 3 people are from accounting and HR who play custom brawls with Brode.

At least it's an even number, easier to balance :^)

i was going to ask why barnes was there because it seemed shit. But it makes sense with those other points. Enjoy dragon burgle memes, Shaku is pretty shit desu he's there instead of a second blackwing technician just because it's kind of fun. technician is probably better sadly

Im all for memes over efficiency. I'll add him in when i get a bit more dust

>everyone crafts hall of fame legendaries
>blizz changes their mind and makes them give out only the regular dust value

then we proceed to cut ben brode's head

easy huh?

C'mon son, you know there is 0 probability of that after the announcement.

But shelter and food! Blizzdrones would justify just like the last 2 years of bullshit.

>tfw want to join /hsg/ tournament but just know by the time it comes around i'll be tired and not want to play and i'll regret signing up

tfw I joined hs eu tourny
and I dont even know the rules

Neither does the tourney

I might join and just play silly meme decks

And then when they invite pros to balance with them they don't fucking listen
Case in point, lifecoach and pirate warrior

it's what happened to me first tourney LMAO

Just do it. I signed up and will just play meme decks. I'm fucking rank 16 anyway, who cares. It's a friendly casual meme tournament.

Signed up for the EU tourney

Get ready for my bounce rogue

bouncing blade? is the tournament wild?

So what is going to replace azure drakes in non tribal decks?

No idea senpai

I don't know when we submit our decks either

Wincon?

Azure Drakes are a Classical.

Are classicals going to be rotated?

Nothing

Have you not been keeping up with the news at all user?

I'll ask the tourney guy when I see him. I was wondering if it would be the case. Add the battle.net account, I got asked to submit my card ban yesterday but I gotta read up on the conquest format a little bit.

If I clarified some stuff for myself I'll try to update the OP if I get to post it.

Cantrip, spell damage, solid body, tribal, generous cost, two in each deck. Really was our mvp.

Mill

Kek. Go get em, champ

And every other 5 drop was to shit to see play
And they are still too shit to see play

Azure drakes were deemed too fun for hearthstone and removed from standard, along with sylv and rag.

If we're not among the people horking up cash, why would they care what we think?

There's nothing fun about it, it's just a good card. I doo agree that Team5 hates fun though since the few fun cards this set like Dirty Rat or Weasel Tunneler are all epic which is bullshit.

behold, the replacement for azure drake

>spell damage and card draw is too strong combined
>tfw Thalnos is heading into the hall of fame next

Can't wait until only shit cards are left in classic.

Do you feel bad when you play against an obvious new player who only has some classic cards?

A 5 cost 4/4 cantrip would be enough but even then, brode would fucking stab a child.

the choices for good/bad cards in epic and legendary honestly baffle me sometimes

>Azure drake is in every deck ever, including aggro
>b-but the card is fine why are they removing it! They hate fun!
Fun is not getting the same card getting played every game

>4 mana 7/7 wars flashback.

How many azure drakes do you run in pirate warrior?

Thalnos is fine since the 2 mana slot is incredibly competitive. I reckon their logic is "you can replace Thalnos with a Kobold Geomancer or a Loot Hoarder so he's fine" or something along those lines.

I find it amusing that Leeroy is untouched, but when you think about it he's really just an upgraded Reckless Rocketeer with a more narrow use as a finisher.

2 in the Dragon version
and 1 in Aggro shaman

"every deck ever" is a hyperbole obviously but it's not that far off reality

So basically theres no point to craft ANY classic lego right now because its doomed to become wild?

You can craft anything other than Sylvanas and Rag.

sure why not

if y'all can't read then neither can i

Leeroy was nerfed already, at 6 mana it would be hot garbage - that's why they decided to nerf PO instead

I guess they could make it spawn more welps but that wouldn't matter that much

if you craft Sylvanas or Rag you'll get a refund when Hall of Fame happens

>including aggro
maybe don't give aggro a shit ton of burn spells and even a fucking weapons that synergizes with it???

If you don't have gold sylv and rag, craft them, if you do listen to Oh by the way
There also rotating out conceal, PO, and ice lance

Balancing Leeroy by adding more whelps would be like balancing Patches by increasing his mana cost

Is anyone else autistically bothered by the fact that Mage, Rogue and Warlock are now down by three classic class cards?

I feel they should've removed one common from each set just to make it even despite it being pointless.

>ice lance
>not ice block
I will never not be mad at this

>only Worth legos of Classical

>Any Class only, like Antonidas, Jaxx or Faith in the Light.
>The Dragons with the exception of Ropebane and Deathwing
>Millhouse
>Museumen
>Leeroy if he isn't going to get nuked to the hall as he probably deserves
>Thalnos

That's literally the ones left worth crafting really.

Freeze Mage and Reno Mage are dying next set so nobody's going to play it anymore anyway.

What would they even rotate out for preist and paladin?

Freeze mage will find a way. They always do

What if they just rotated part of the classic set to wild and the other part to basic?

And Handlock probably, the current meta makes him get too punched for it to recover without Reno. But lets see, my bet its that we'll get Aggro hunter back anyway.

They lost a large source of burst and can't just run exodia

I'm not sure if I agree that aggro shouldn't have a lot of burn, Spirit Claw is cancer tho

hence the "that wouldn't matter much"

Too many Jews for that to happen

put mind control back to 8 mana then rotate it

>we felt that northshire cleric was used into too many decks and must be rotated out, along with truesilver. Shaman however is getting a reduced cost truesilver just cause

Sounds like something Ben would do

I don't care, they can just do something nobody uses like Blessing of Wisdom and Lightspawn or Temple Enforcer.

The problem in messing with the classic set is that so many of the cards are absolutely vital to the whole "class identity" thing they're always going on about.

>Shaman however is getting a reduced cost truesilver just cause
Make it 3 mana Overload (1) because Overload is extremely penalizing mechanic and shaman class theme needs more support :^)

>Take away balanced cards from everyone else to be 'fair'
Fuck that

>brode: these cards are too balanced, thats why we removed them
>they didnt even try a nerf this time

Blade of C'thun might be my favourite card

Fuck off, I like Blessing of Wisdom
Great on something early in a bubble, or to put it on an enemy minion to deter it from attacking. At 1 mana, its hard to waste

Don't for get an extra durability and 2 extra attack for spell power

Brode only knows how to sledgehammer nerf. Let those cards pass on with their dignity intact.

T-Thanks for the amazing new quests Blizzard. This will surely help make up for the additional 8000 gold deficit a third expansion will incur to just barely scrape up a couple not-shit decks.

>they leave it on the field to play a fatty
>mfw

Ice Lance is hardly balanced and as even Ben Brode pointed out it doesn't let Team5 make spell copy and spellpower cards for mage because of cheap burst potential.
Conceal is a fun and interactive card.
I don't agree on PO. It's flavorful and makes sense in combos with deathrattles or Shadowflame. It's the last nail in the coffin of future zoo decks. It should've been nerfed for fast and combo decks and remain in Classic set.

>they think they're safe
>shadowstep, Brann, play it again

>then they think they're definitely safe
>play a second Blade

>ok now I must be safe to play a big minion
>Vanish

Dont forget brann shadowcaster for 2 more casts

why wasn't spirit claw a rogue card

Why don't they just give secrets to Rogue?

>they drop a sylv thinking he smart
>blade targetting a faceless that copies sylv

>Have Reno Lock deck for Warlock Quests
>Reno Mage for Mage Quests
>Anyfin Paladin for Paladin Quests
>Jade Druid for Druid Quests
>Jade Shaman for Shaman Quests
>Dragon Priest for Priest Quests
>Jade Rogue for Rogue Quests
>N'ozth Hunter for Hunter Quests

>Login today
>Get 7 Warrior win Quest

Rogues aren't allowed to have good weapons

Cause rogue is doomed to roundabout meme wincons

>no more adventures

Laaaaaaaaame

yes

Because paladin needs more thematic cards

like how did they not have a gimmick planned for Paladin

They could give paladin access to some armor and it would solve so many design problems

Does /hsg/ fight dirty?

>the dragon is the one without buffs
Kek

Was always surprised divine shield wasn't a Paladin-only mechanic

Priest should be move in and out of shadowform at any time for 1 mana

Why doesn't Hearthstone sell preconstructed decks?

>sell them for gold or dosh for jewry
>viabledeck at a fixed price with fixed cards
>give new players a free deck when joining
>release hot new decks with each expansion

Would it not fix a lot of the game's problems? Better than that deck recipe bullshit nobody likes at least.