What is your favorite factory sleeper?

What is your favorite factory sleeper?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vIW7gKbjdgU&t=104s
gmauthority.com/blog/2015/01/will-holden-receive-the-chevrolet-silverado/
caradvice.com.au/324987/holden-showroom-2020-how-lion-badge-plans-to-challenge-toyota/
themotorreport.com.au/62214/holden-md-mark-bernard-24-new-models-a-rear-drive-performance-model-big-suvs-and-other-known-knowns
zzperformance.com/ecotec/turbo-parts-kits/2-2-2-4l-turbo-kit.html
lefthandutes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Caprice PPV

You already posted it

Anything from holden
Captcha: cars

The new Corvette. At first, it just looks like a piece of shit GM garbage pile, but it's actually somewhat quick

Pity Holden's dead eh.

Does the B4 S4 count? Didn't look aesthetically a lot different than the A4s of the same time unlike BMWs M cars or Mercs AMGs.

They still exist but everything in their line up is a rebadge of something else.
The Barina Spark is a Chevy Spark
The Barina is a Chevy Sonic
The Malibu is a Chevy Malibu
The Commodore is now a Opel Insignia/Buick Regal

There's actually talk of importing the Chevy Silverado to Australia to replace the Holden utes.

Lotus Carlton

Mine would have to be the gt86. It looks like a fast car but when you really give it the gas it goes no faster than a minivan.

Thats the opposite of a sleeper. More like a factory ricer

>Corvette
>Sleeper
Yep. Makes sense.

>holden anything
>sleeper
Lmao try again

Taurus SHO

Maybe not in upside-downland but nobody knows what they are in the US.

Anything Volvo

The old S2 is even better. Looks like a regular old Audi 80 but has an engine pretty much straight out of Group B.

>factory sleeper
>factory rice so obvious it defeats the purpose of a sleeper
just because it's boxy or has 4 doors doesn't mean it's a sleeper. is so far the only choice because it honestly looks like a shitbox only cops and poor middle aged office workers buy

???
S2
???

underage confirmed

you're fucking blind and stupid, learn what a sleeper is boy

This was never a sleeper
Hey Recaros
>S4
>sleeper
Just no
Nope
I'm sensing a theme here

Jesus fuck, none of you mongoloids know what a fucking sleeper is neck yourselves

>S2
>factory rice
Here's a regular B4 coupe, can you even tell the difference between the two besides the little badge in the grille?

post 10 factory sleepers

wew lad
you don't know shit about these cars and its showing

it looks like a cop/thief magnet
>older boxy 2 door audi that looks like something only wannabe gangsters would drive

just stop trying, i get it, muh audi rally heritage but it's not a sleeper. try to stuff in that engine in a base 4 door audi 80 and you've got yourself a real sleeper

Good thing they made an S2 Avant.

youtube.com/watch?v=vIW7gKbjdgU&t=104s its been done 100000000 times already.

>There's actually talk of importing the Chevy Silverado to Australia to replace the Holden utes
Links to this talk please.

>complains about the lack of sleepers
>does nothing to fix the problem

Second vote for the SS, OP

gmauthority.com/blog/2015/01/will-holden-receive-the-chevrolet-silverado/
caradvice.com.au/324987/holden-showroom-2020-how-lion-badge-plans-to-challenge-toyota/
themotorreport.com.au/62214/holden-md-mark-bernard-24-new-models-a-rear-drive-performance-model-big-suvs-and-other-known-knowns

It's already been done in the past.

>Hey Recaros
Not an argument and not even true

Already looks like a rental car

Remove spoiler and SS badges for more sleep

alternative answer is first gen cts-v

CTS-V

>Hey Recaros
I'm in this thread but that wasn't me.

was me.

2.0 turbo
2.0 superchaged
Or 2.4 slow af N/A though... all 3 are the ss. Wis I could find a decent turbo for mine (2.4 Cobalt SS)

>Wis I could find a decent turbo for mine (2.4 Cobalt SS)
merry Christmas
zzperformance.com/ecotec/turbo-parts-kits/2-2-2-4l-turbo-kit.html

You can pretty much assume when someone is talking about the cobalt SS it's about the turbo

no one likes the other ones

>looks like cheap american turd but is actually as expensive as a real car
what's the appeal?

Woah thanks! Too bad I'm a poor fag.

Alot of people liked the supercharged LSJ because they would add a turbo and make it twincharged. Dumbass neighbor did it without upgrading internals... you see where this story is going XD

internals on the LSJ are good to around 400 HP. Your neighbor was a dumbass who did something wrong.

Adding a turbo is ridiculously easy. Go to the junkyard and grab the manifold and turbo off a 2003+ Saab 9-3 sedan/wagon. It's the same basic engine as the LSJ, but with a turbo instead of a blower. Bolts right up to the 2.2L and 2.4L heads. From there, you can piece together your own kit. Cavalier guys do it all the time.

Good to know, I knew the 2.2 and 2.4 matched up but I didn't think the 2.0 would fit the 2.4. You have been a great help sir. I always assumed junkyards would take and sell that shit as quick as possible

Ah k, makes sense, but that's nothing to do with "replacing the Holden utes". The Isuzu based Colorado (and every other midsize competitor) already has that market.

The Colorado though is a lot smaller than the Silverado.
In America, we get the Colorado, and the Silverado, and the SIlverado is so much bigger and more capable, it isn't even funny.

They know it's an ls powered chebby
Not a sleeper , especially considering they aren't even fast

>The Colorado though is a lot smaller than the Silverado.
You don't fucking say. I think you completely missed the context.

>so much bigger and more capable it isn't funny
Capable at hauling Lard burger ass around? It's not even funny how irrelevant that is in australia
And bigger does not mean better but you're a homo so that doesn't apply to you

>415hp and tq
>not fast
Bread on hood of your supercar pls

If you lived through the 70's...

>v8 rwd
Chevy SS is not a sleeper when everybody knows what it is

When the top-of-the-line 'vette made only 270 HP?

Oh dear, someones mad.

Is it because the SS had a better engine the entire run? The fact it's cheaper in the US after a boat ride? Because it has HSV parts on it?

Don't blame us because Ford, GM, and Toyota all abandoned your continent at once. Or the fact your currency is better used as toilet paper.

My car and the milans with the v6s in general

90% sure this is a shitposting Seppo.

Yeah but can it turn

the milans were not powerful with the v6 at all, very good car tho
miss mine

Only half of car dorks know what a Chevy as is. The other 90% if the population is wondering why somebody would buy an Impala instead of a Camry.

What up CD3 bros?

At least as well as the SS.

They got the job done and then some, really. At the very least, in my experiences with the car. Kept up with a tuned Saab, some maxima, and a v8 lexus(?). Until 110mph when the ECU decided fun isn't part of retirement. 0-60 in 5.something seconds, stock, and the engine has got room to improve. Bit more cash and I'm genuinely excited to see where it stands

My post had nothing to do with the ss? It has mag ride which is goat but that American build quality tho
Certainly better than the commodore ss
But it's no gts with the LSA that's for sure

My point was that no one in australia wants the Silverado
Size and how much it can tow are irrelevant to us because we have actual trucks for hauling shit and a larger average penis size
They are already available but no one buys them unless it's used as some sort of advertisement vehicle

1800kg barge that can't put its power down
Take a look at the hsv gts vs fpv gtp dyno test, the commodore loses a shit load of power through the drive train

Not him but Hellcats are just as if not more capable of turning than commonwhores

Enjoying tricking unsuspecting fools into thinking I'm a well adjusted old man and not some hooligan who has a straight piped v6

The SS has the magnaride suspension standard, it's not even an option on any Commodores. Also it weighs 500 pounds less than the hellcat

[citation needed]

suddenly all the defensive hellcat shitposting makes sense.
Someone's got buyers remorse.

Ausfag here, we're talking about the 1/2 ton Silverado, not 2500HD Silverado that's brought in as a grey import and sold to caravanners.
There's most definitely a market for the 1500 Silverado here for the market after something more heavy duty than a midsize pickup, the same way the VDJ79 is sold along side the Hilux. With the recently departed Y61 Patrol cab-chassis, that market has opened up a little. But ultimately I think the full size Silverado will need a diesel option if it's going to be of any success here.

My original point is the Silverado is in no way a replacement for the outgoing Commodore ute.

>0-60 in 5.something seconds, stock

im sorry but you are, horribly, horribly wrong.

More like 7 seconds flat, on a good day with the stars aligned.

aussies better give us holden utes then so it could be a fair trade

Be careful of any recent VW turbo cars, they can be sleepers if they are APR/GIAC/unitronic/neuspeed tuned.

Even mundane 1.8t Jettas can do sub 6 second 0-60 sprints so be careful especially if you drive anything with 300 or less horsepower.

What year do you have? Mine definitely gets there in 5.somethings. I've timed it

Not him, but mines a '10 Fusion Sport with the 3.5 and mine doesn't even touch 5 sec to 60

Like high 5.whatever. I dont think it breaks 6, unless my timer was off, which I doubt

Fuck it, I'll redo it tomorrow and make a thread on it. I'm curious now.

must corner great.....

....when it's tied down on the tow truck.

>
>must corner great.....
>....when it's tied down on the tow truck.

Multi link rear and double wishbone front beg to differ

Dude, you realize the right way does not include any form of stop watch right? You can VERY easily be off by more than a full second.

The right way is using an OBD-II device such as a scangauge or ultragauge.

I promise your car isnt even close to 5.whatever. Thats Taurus 3.5 turbo SHO times...

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised when I first pushed it on the twisties

My friend also has a Fusion Sport (2011) and we tested it on the ultraguage.

6.81 seconds 0-60.

My APR tuned 1.8t did it 5.97 seconds

Anyone here saying their mercury, taurus or whatever with an N/A V6 is doing 5.x is terrible at timing 0-60 runs.

>s4
>sleeper
Not only does everyone into cars know what it is at first glance, it's not fast.

I didn't know this (not that I ever looked into it). Noted for later, maybe, thanks faggot.

nope. holden ute has been killed off along with the RWD Commodore.

You CAN get them in America though.
lefthandutes.com/

obligatory 3000 series II post

>msrp
>$49k
hahahaha, HOLY SHIT. Seriously? I just had to look it up. Jesus that's expensive.

No shit Dingus, the best mine would run would be 6.5 with a non shit driver since I have no Steeda or Super Six goodies

my literal car

>240rwkw ls1
>t56 manual (never came in this model from the factory)
>everyone thinks its a v6 because the exhaust is a little rough

Fuck off FatCunt

hi postiem8

Yeah I'm more than likely fucking horrible at that. I'll stop fucking talking up my car until I actually get hard data. Lessons learned, I feel pretty stupid.

2008 lexus is-f

s'goin on

nuffin waiting on parts u?