Spy Shots! : Next Porsche 911

Latest More Clearer Shots

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/news/spied-next-gen-porsche-911-caught-testing/?sm_id=organic_fb_social_MT_170319_sf64035910
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The next Porsche 911 has been spotted testing yet again, and this time it was caught with its active rear spoiler down. The classic 911 shape is retained, but under the camo are likely a few significant changes.

The last time we saw it, the test mule had its active wing up. Just like the Porsche Panamera, the next 911’s retractable spoiler will span the full width of the car. In these spy shots, however, the spoiler rests flush with the bodywork to grant us an interrupted view of the 911’s iconic profile. It’s so similar to the current model that you’ll be hard pressed to point out what’s different. But there’s some clever camouflaging going on here. Note the fitment of the rear quarter windows and how the third brake light is mounted outside the cabin, somewhat reminiscent of the “periscope” third brake light found on G series models equipped with a factory spoiler. The fitment of the rear bumper around the taillights is also a little off. These are all clues that this 911 is not what it seems.

Next gen Porsche 911 922 prototype rear end 02

-- MotorTrend Article

The next-gen 911, internally codenamed 992, will likely continue to offer the range of turbocharged engines introduced with the 991.2. The new twin-turbo 3.0-liter flat-six currently makes between 365-450 hp depending on trim. There have also been rumors of a hybrid powertrain in development for the 992. The new 911 could debut next year as a 2019 or 2020 model.

--MotorTrend

Source : motortrend.com/news/spied-next-gen-porsche-911-caught-testing/?sm_id=organic_fb_social_MT_170319_sf64035910

yep, that's a 911.

SO WHAT Y'ALL THINK?!

If you read every Corvette vs 911 comparison from the last 20 years, you'll find out what the new 911 will be exactly like. Whatever the stats or description is though, just add 10%

is it mid-engined yet?

Jesus. Looks more like a Cayenne

good job you fucking retard, about damn time you stopped clogging up this board with crossovers & electric pieces of garbage.

The back light should be a bit thicker and that stop light is really ugly

The stop light will likely be behind the window at the top for production. That one is just taped on.

Ass far to fat. Beltline shouldn't slope up so much towards the rear.

>Those tail lights
I'm reminded of robocop and KITT

>Ass far to fat. Beltline shouldn't slope up so much towards the rear.

there's an engine back there, retard.

Spy shots of porsches don't tell shit desu

>those tail lights
we future now boys

that ass looks really unattractive, it's like a fat and flat ass on a girl

the tail lights are a bit weird but overall the car looks nice
porsche never really makes bad cars

All that thick cladding makes it hard to make a proper judgement on the car's designs especially when each new generation of 911 is a subtle evolution. The larger wing should be good I guess?

>that ass

this is the 996 part two, but with ass instead of headlights. Except the whole point of porsche is it having nice asses, so now porsche is FUCKED

SPY SHOTS
P
Y

S
H
O
T
S

Cayman looks better and makes more sense

ugly

Like every other Porsche, but with a fatter ass.

Would fug

Porsche should loose the outdated frogface, desu.

That ass is way to big

No

996 turbo best ass

they tried, but there was endless crying

Slantnose is best though

mfw I just want a Panamera coupe, a modern 928.

With Ruf making a Yellowbird, this really shows how far the 911 has fallen aesthetically.

my thoughts as well. Would rather have the 996 desu.

>too much ass

I feel that the rear end is underdesigned. Wtf a light strip against a dome?

No self respecting car enthusiast owns a porsche

cool

Wait, I thought this was already on sale? I saw a car that looked just like this on a motorway, I saw it from a distance when it was dark-ish and wondered what the fuck car has a huge horizontal brake light like that, when I got closer it was a Porsche.

I'm not a Porsche person, do they sell any cars that already look like this or did I see a pre-production car somehow?

yawn

What a shock, looks like the same thing they've been making for 50 years

New Panamera maybe?

Or a Carrera 4S, they have a similar full-width strip.

Yeah looks like it might have been that. From a distance you can only see a bar.

current one looks better

So fucking what, older Porsches weren't that obese.
>inb4 safety standards

I know, but it still looks like ass.

gotta have the bar m8

>No self respecting car enthusiast owns a porsche
yeah, they own several