I guess this is somewhat Veeky Forums related but I am applying for a job at Tesla as a Service Assistant aka Grunt

I guess this is somewhat Veeky Forums related but I am applying for a job at Tesla as a Service Assistant aka Grunt.

I have no idea what I should put on the cover letter and I was wondering if you fagg/o/ts could help me out?

Skills and qualification
-"I know my way around an electrical socket"
-"I charge my phone every night so I can charge a tesla"
-"I own every mainstream tablet on the market"
-"I built my own vape"
-"Things that catch fire are things that I like"

lmao, this is why i come to Veeky Forums

love you user! that being said I do need an actual cover letter and I have no idea what to put.

You forgot
>I never drive more than 60 miles anyway.

>I don't mind the company economic stability beacause I don't want a stable job anyways

+1.5 billions pushed to cover the Model 3 expenses (wait but what about the preorders money? kek)

-"My commute can be completed at a brisk walking pace but technology is what separates us from animals"

Something something technologically passionate millennial with deep interest in Tesla some something passion enjoyment attention to detail honesty people skills etc

lel

thanks user seriously. I'll run with this and turn it into my own.

It's a cover letter, don't get too autistically passionate or annoying. The application process is a shit-test to weed out undesirable employees and as long as you show a genuine effort to make the lives of your employers easier you should sail in

Yeah honestly OP, just mention that you'd like to be involved in a fast growing technological company, that you have customer service and trouble shooting skills.... stuff like that. As far as I know most of the job is just giving people information on the cars

Im just nervous because 1. the only job i've worked was with my dad which i obviously didnt need a resume or cover letter for so Im not used to this.

2. i have been living the NEET lifestyle for a bit and decided to pull myself up for this disgusting lifestyle

Pic related is what the cover letter is like which i found a little weird but w/e

Don't forget to add something fellating Musk personally.

sounds good!

forgot pic

yes, every single employee of Tesla uplinks their personality into a mainframe in which they become a narcissistic shell personality of Musk himself. Every employee must engage in mutual mass mental fellatio of the idea or image of Elon Musk and supply him with adoration so that he may walk the earth like an Egyptian god and ascend to the heavens once he is needed

Write your cover letter as if it was a longer, better looking resume.
Start saying you are excited for the opportunity to join their team, then proceed to tell your experience, explaining what brought you to where you are now, what motivated you to find a job at Tesla, what are your car-related passions.
After that, explain why your presence and your skills would be a great addition to the team.
If you are writing to a specific person, write the whole letter as if you were addressing him directly (use You, we, etc).

Conclude by saying that you hope to hear from them soon, best regards and all that shit.

If they asked you to give them a salary expectation, put them before the conclusion, aswell as logistic details like notice period, availability to move and stuff like that.

It doesn't have to become a straight copy of your resume, but focus on your skills and your passions.
If your education is not related to the automotive business, don't talk about it in the cover letter.
If you worked at a restaurant, don't put it in the cover letter.
The resume is for the details, the cover letter must be focused on what makes you valuable for the position you are applying, so skip every information that is not directly related to your future job.

Tesla probably uses a application tracking system, i.e. don't forget to use the same keywords as in the job ad

Bless your kind soul user for you are too kind. I will take all of this in.

it's not Veeky Forums related at all, you fucking retard.

Applying for Tesla is like applying to GameStop.

In what way?

Also don't forget to use all the buzzwords you found in the job announcement if there is one.
If they ask for someone with great attention to detail, willing to work in a fast paced environment and with an eye for technology, then write that shit in the cover letter.

Cover letters are stupid beyond belief, but they use it to filter through the shit applications so take your time to make it good.

Try not to copy paste common phrases from the internet except for the conclusions, write your own stuff.

What service center OP? You can say region if you think you're going to get hacked as if anyone cares. I'm a tech at Tesla and my hiring process was pretty rigorous, but we are hiring lots of service assistants like you now just because the volume of cars. Depending where you work you will be mostly a porter and not really get much shop time, there's lots of opportunity to move up though if you show initiative. I wouldn't sweat your cover letter too badly. Keep in mind Tesla hires a ton of people and uses a 3rd party background check company so it takes a while to get hired on, took about 3 months for me but again it's a bit different since they checked all my references in the last 7 years.

Sounds Good

Im Connecticut how about you?

I'm on the other side of the country. My advice to you if you get the job is try to get involved in the shop, say you are interested in doing tires, alignments, etc. Since all the techs are hourly we don't mind helping someone learn, plus as the volume is getting kicked up we need more entry level techs to do things like alignments to free our time up for diag and big jobs. Multiple service assistants at my center have moved up very quickly, some to the shop, some to parts, and some have gone to work at the factory. It's definitely a good first job if you want to get into the auto industry.

ok this is what I have so far....

"I am very interested in the entry-level position that is available at Tesla and excited for the opportunity to join your service team. I've had a passion for tinkering with cars ever since I was a teenager and look forward to expanding and growing my knowledge within Tesla. I am exceptionally motivated to be working in the service department and learning from my co-workers. I have recently started teaching myself how to detail my own car to broaden my skill set...."

what am I missing and what else should I add

will do

Print off a picture of Elon Musk, cum on it and then take a picture of it. Attach that picture to your application.

I assume you have no previous experience right?
Then there is not much you can add.

Maybe add something like "I consider myself to be a great team player" and try to explain why you would be the best candidate for the job.
Stuff like that you think of yourself as a meticulous person, with good problem solving skills and whatnot.

If you ever tried to diagnose a car with a cheap Amazon OBD reader, then say it, it means you know how to make a basic diagnosis and you have experience with the OBDII protocol, which is obviously very important in modern cars

>this is what people actually think
let me guess "what are these big heavy insulated gloves for? dont need that pussy shit"

Say something about being flexible and interested in learning about all aspects of service from customer facing aspects to operation of the shop.

You don't really need them technically, you would have to be doing something exceptionally stupid to get shocked by an S or X, but they are still used as a safety precaution of course.

ya boyfriend a bum

will do!