IS300H

I want a comfy reliable posh cruiser to get to work relaxed. And since I'm a special snowflake I want to be the only one in the carpark who doesn't have a german overpriced shit. So what's your opinion on the hybrid IS? I know it's not as fun as the 350 but it's the only version we get in Yurop. I'm looking for a 2014/2015 unless I can get a good deal on a restyled which might happen since they sell like shit here.

Other urls found in this thread:

omniauto.it/magazine/28123/lexus-is-hybrid-prova-consumi-roma-forli
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you have HOV lanes in your country? Do you get HOV lane permission with a hybrid car? I would be on that like flys on shit if I still commuted in LA.

FUCK

I accidentally deleted my post...shit, sorry user.

AMA, i guess...

Nice. So what's the actual fuel consumption? I guess pretty far from what they claim but is it comparable to a diesel if you drive it relaxed? How's the driving feel? The CVT is kinda scaring me but is it really annoying in normal driving? Also the noise insulation: One of the reasons why I want this hybrid is for the quietness; how is it? And last, did you have problems with it? I know Lexus are supposed to be bulletproof but with the complex hybrid system I don't know.

>complex hybrid system
It's less complicated than a turbodiesel.

First of all you have to cope with the hybrid system and adapt your driving style because you have to learn some "tricks" do's and don'ts (like don't drive only with the electric traction for a long time because muh 99 km per liter --> wrong!).

I'd suggest you to look for hybrid cars forums, in Italy we have hybryd synergy (if you understand Italian of course), because they're a gold mine of information and other users experience (real, not memes).

>fuel consumption

I personally don't give a particular shit about high mpgs but with this car it's fun searching for low figures, it's a sort of challenge, said that with my driving style I get 16 km per liter of gasoline.

If I drive in a better way I can see 17-18 km per liter, as a total tank consumption, but it's based on my typical roads because if you use the car mostly on countryroads and such you can se 20+ km per liter.

In this Italian test the car scored a 4,74 L/100 km consumption on their test: omniauto.it/magazine/28123/lexus-is-hybrid-prova-consumi-roma-forli

>comparable to a diesel

This car is 100x times better than a diesel, first of all because you can hear NOTHING even going @ 150 km/h (at highway speeds the engine runs @ 1300/1500 rpm), secondly because you don't have to deal with DPF regen and associated shit...also the e-CVT is the comfiest thing I've ever driven (on the other side it's not sporty but with a car like this it's an ok compromise).

>e-CVT

Remember, it's not a CVT but it's a "e-CVT", it's something entirely different from a CVT apart from the "user experience" with is similar to a CVT but it's even faster.

The only moment in which you'll experiment a peak of high rpm will be and will only be when you totally floor the accelerator on when you're going uphill (a "strong" uphill), and you just have to think about what happens when in a normal car you floor: kick down --> high rpm --> partially release gas --> comfort.

With the CVT the car goes [...]

[...] automatically in the zone in which the engine gives you the full power, as you're requiring it by flooring the accelerator, and stays fixed until you partially release. It may be weird the first times but it has sense, you just have to get used to not have fixed gears. Anyways with 223 combined hp you won't need to stay more than X seconds on the pedal because the acceleration is strong.

>quietness

Quiet as fuck, you'll only hear the rolling tires and that's it. The car is the best insulated model in its category, it's very comfortable.

Make sure to buy if possible the Mark Levinson surround system.

>Reliability

Lexus are bulletproof generally, the hybrid system is even more reliable because you don't have different parts that can be found in a normal car: one above all the clutch(es).

>complex HSD

You don't have to worry about anything, just make sure to do the regular manteinance and you're done.

All the hybrid part comes with a 5 years warranty and can be extended up to 8 total years (at the end of year 5 you have to go @ dealer and pay like 30€ for the hybrid system check --> if positive then you have a free extra 1 year of warrantly only on the hybrid parts*).

For what concerns the engine: it's a 2.5 atkinson 180 hp NA engine associated with an e-CVT...you're 100% safe.

*batteries and such, not the engine.

Thx user, I'll think I'll go to the dealership book a test drive to decide for myself. I guess it's expected it's a good car, but I still don't understand why it's so rare in Europe. I mean if you look at autoscout there are only 316 2014+ IS for sale in all Europe, compared to 15000 3 series or Audi 4s

It's a mix of marketing, memes and false advertising...in Europe people thinks that German cars are the best possible cars ever.

Since I drive Lexus (I drove German cars in the past) I realized the truth.

It's like the car world is one big joke. Finally a manufacturer who can boast tech, luxury, and reliability in the same package, and they have to make their cars look like retarded predators. Ugh.

Can confirm. Normies here just think of audi, mercedes and bmw when they talk about more expensive cars. Also
>meine diesel saving the environment
>meine driving comfort of listening to a tractor at 100db

sedans just aren't as popular as they are in burgerland. have fun user, I hope I'll someday be able to call an IS my own.

This applies to every body style, look for example the hatchbacks...the Golf is the queen followed by the fucking Polo for the smaller segment.

Europeans are braniwashed, even in the more civilized and developed countries, that's all fault of the German propaganda, VAG corruption, European (German) Union and all the fucked up system who is based on the legendary realiability of some Mercedes/Volkswagen in the 70's/80's.

It's the same thing for brands like Alfa Romeo, since in the past there were unreliable models, as of today every Alfa Romeo MUST be unreliable garbage...according to them.

Get a v6 Accord. Stop trying to be a special snowflake you filthy casual.

>it's another butthurt alfista episode

>Alfista
>I have a Lexus IS

You see ghosts.

yuck

They don't even sell the Accord in Europe anymore, let alone a V6.

>filthy casual
>Honda Accord

kek

He is a filthy casual. He wants a somewhat sporty car to impress his wage cuck "friends" so he should embrace the casualness and get an Accord or whatever it's called in Europe.

>sporty
>wants hybrid
Shut the fuck up, you double nigger

Wow, looks like a poorfag is salty. Are you mad you can't afford better than your 20 years old shitbox? For once OP isn't thinking about buying a gercuck car, and I don't think they have a lot of jap cars over there

Why not both?

OP here, Lexus must be doing it right because I like it. Yes it looks like a predator and why not? It's different from all the rest and you see the design effort in all the curvers and lines; although I much prefer the updated headlights. Same thing with the interior; it's completely different from the germans but it looks (and I guess feels-I'll have to check that) high quality.

I like you OP.

I don't think the predator grille looks bad either. Quite the opposite. It's something different that definitely stands out on the road.

The engine choices for yurop are complete crap.

Not like anyone would buy the more powerful engines anyway unless they want to get raped by taxes.

Sure user, the engines are the same you can find in Usa with the only exception of the 350 V6 which is unavailable.

>1 engine less

We still have the useless 250, the 200t plus the 300h hybrid.

Someone who can spend 50k€ on a car can spend the few hundred bucks more on taxes, fuel, etc.

Yeah and all of them are overpriced garbage. The reason why they sell like shit in yurop isnt some edgy conspiracy

You have no idea what tax returns are do you? If you use your car for work the engine can make a huge fiscal difference

Not anymore.

Laughable

>if you use your car for work
Do you know what a company car is?

Yes because noone has a liberal job, fucking retard. Also not every company gives you a car, especially if it's a small one.

Not everyone is a pizzaboi who has to use his own car. Also the tax returns for commuting are capped p much everywhere.

WTF? 97% of people don't have ompany cars.

Lexus or Infiniti

Most people don't have to use their own cars to do their job.

>French market

Italy also is hybrid only but not England, Germany, Switzerland and others

>Why not?

The defense of all bad design.

>bad design

Design is subjective and only plebs in 1990s shitboxes pretend it's objective.

Your face is subjective.