/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

No butt revamp announced ;-;

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Gear Design Contest (Ranged Magic DPS/Healer Edition)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/57b6173ca0330be656b9e7c6763a930a1d5ec5bf

>Patch 3.5 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d90ea3ee6d083eaba4f22e5deefe934b0a0a464e

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>3.5 Gung Ho for GARO Collaboration
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001753.html

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu (embed)

>Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Jt1h1MinlLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lonely catboy lf gf/gf (male)

Didn't bother to change the OP at all

real quality stuff

What is the best gear for showing off my miqo'te's butt and hips while not looking overly slutty?

nth for good times

4th for you're all fucking degenerate catfuckers who suck at the game, and that won't change in Stormblood.

>gf/gf (male)
how about a catboy (female)

MCH AF3

what does that mean

name/server?

>headgear is literally the same

elk rearden/balmung

Wow. Good argument. You got me.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with some dumb PLD fag on the internet. That can't into basic reading.

The entire armour set is practically the same

what does gf/gf (male) mean...

>make last thread
>thread at 800 replies
>make a new thread
>this bitch complains that i didn't change it

You could've made it you fucking nigger.

You clearly can't into basic sentence structure, so I'd say you two are about even.

>PLD fag
Are you fucking dumb? I played WAR in 2.0 and was actually upset over the changes in 2.1 to a degree.
I was FORCED to play PLD in 2.0 progression due to the place WAR was in, and I wasn't too happy about that.
Fuck off with you misinfo shitposting, Heavensbaby.

why do newfags have to namedrop random ebins?

a girl or a guy playing a girl character
but that's me

>forced to play PLD even though he's a war main
>being upset after his class got buffed

>The raimi posters were right all along

/tv/ is always right.

prove its you

People actually thought it wasn't SAM

how do i do that

>girl playing female character
oh well rip

Cats are gross.
{No thanks.}

post your dick of course

>PLDCuck
>Me misinfoing

You're so full of bullshit it's hilarious, after the buffs Wars could both MT AND OT more effectively than PLD, stop trying to act like you know what the FUCK you're talking about. There's no point after those buffs where a WAR gets out dps'd by a PLD.

>cute chihuahua picture

You did it!

>>forced to play PLD even though he's a war main
Yes because you didn't bring a WAR into T1-5 before 2.1, dumbass.

>>being upset after his class got buffed
See. I don't play the game to get a big boner over how strong my class is.
When they changed WAR in 2.1 they removed it's entire 2.0 identity, and the reason why I picked the class in the first place.
No longer was it a self-healing damage tank. It was now a PLD with Rampart stuck onto Inner Beast. I didn't want another mitigation tank.

if youre a girl playing a male character that's cool too but just know im not into the fujoshi stuff

nah i dont want to get banned again

pedophiles are worse though

Why did I even bother replying to you.

>they removed it's entire 2.0 identity

You mean being an amalgamation of ideas that don't work at all in this game?

You're right. Lalas are for hugs, not fugs.

it wasn't. it's auron.

it's fucking auron.

think about this.

tidas / yuna outfits

lulu pet

glasses emotes

auron's hair

and now the samurai's outfit is a reimagining of auron's

the new class is auron

I love Yoshiko

i don't think playing a male character means i like yaoi

>Not into that pure BL

Elk, I...

>i didn't want another mitigation tank
>in a game where spot mitigation is literally the only skill required for tanking

How does leveling work in this game compared to retail WoW? I'm almost level 20. With the other jobs and shit do you just grind dungeons and fate quests over and over again similar to WoW leveling 1-100?

Or should I be making sure to complete all the quests for some sort of attunement or actual story lines?

>after the buffs Wars could both MT AND OT more effectively than PLD
Nah. You're fucking retarded.
PLD was still the "safer" MT in most fights. What WAR had as a MT was more damage thanks to Unchained and Inner Beast allowed for more consistent mitigation for fast tank buster like Death Sentence. Tank damage was barely part of the meta at the time, though.
>There's no point after those buffs where a WAR gets out dps'd by a PLD.
You're seriously stupid and underestimating how strong both Fight or Flight and Sword Oath were back then.

You do know other MMOs have heal tanks, right?

i didnt mean to say you do, it just seems to be a pretty common theme and i wanted to put it out there

gaaaay

>>in a game where spot mitigation is literally the only skill required for tanking
WARs could have easily had less mitigation than PLD by only having the buffed Vengeance and a buffed Foresight and then they could spot heal with Inner Beast.

Its almost the same, but thats okay because the old one was really nice too. Hope they ditch the goggles though, or at least don't give them a permanent neon red again.

>Underestimating

When did I underestimate them? you just BLATANTLY stated that post buffs PLD did more damage CONSISTENTLY than WAR? whether it was meta or not your statement was full of complete dogshit. Pre-Buff WAR was unplayable.

can you show me ingame then

>You're seriously stupid and underestimating how strong both Fight or Flight and Sword Oath were back then.
Not this guy but you're being delusional or didn't play back then if you ever understood that PLD had a better offense than WAR after those buffs.

Both maths and actual situations were unforgiving toward PLD's damage.

Yoshida did say the final version doesn't have those colors so that's about it for changes.

You can do roulettes, fates, dungeons, hunting logs, levequests, supply & provisioning missions, or palace of the dead to level other classes

It isn't like retail wow because you have more than 1 efficient option, you have a whole fuckton of fast options so it doesn't feel so cornering

Man what if I'm NOT gay and I just like how cute it is?
That doesn't make me gay right?

>tfw resubscribed after over a year
>tfw tank with ilvl 177
How do I even start...

>Auron's hair
I think you should rewatch it.
youtu.be/Jt1h1MinlLI
Some of the other stuff I can agree on, though.

I do remember hearing many times that a PLD in full sword oath constantly using its most damaging attacks would straight-up outdps a WAR outside of defiance.

I think there is truth to what he is saying.

PLD did do more damage "consistently."
WAR had "burst" but it was absolutely garbage without 3.0 skills.

I did play back then. Barely anyone used WAR MT and PLD OT, so no one really gave a shit that PLD did more damage.
Everyone that bothered to actually math it out did know that was the case, however.

That's factually wrong though, unless the WAR was utter shit, he should not be getting outdps'd by a sword oath PLD.

How long does it usually take to hit level 50 while just running around doing quests for the first time?

Yo speaking of WAR dps. Does anyone know if you're supposed to have 100% uptime on Fracture or does it just make you get to your Fell Cleaves slower? I usually use it if I have to fill a gcd in before I can pop berserk

>Rephrasing your argument

Okay, show us this amazing math.

nah im not about that

it's gay dude

this, average out the potency of warriors 10 gcd cycle and compare it to the average potency per gcd of the halone combo + 50

(I think you should imagine this hairstyle as main color black with off color white)

>think RDM and SAM (Tank) don't really interest me so write them off when talking to friends
>Yoshi P goes dankest timeline SAM melee dps
>That trailer is hype

Wew lads, I might have to channel the inner weeb. It's what I wanted, and Now it's happening.

Either way, I want to see math that either proves or disproves whether or not PLD actually outdps'd WAR.

fastest way to get from level 47 to 50?

only with 5 abandon stacks and in cases like the one you mentioned

Give me time to do, and don't be impatient, and I will.

You can fucking watch vods of clears you stupid nigger.

>static disintegrates after all the weebs announce they are switching to SAM

WHILE YOU WERE HAVING DEGENERATE INTERSPECIES SEX

I STUDIED THE BLADE

"Hearing", yes, that's the problem with this argument.

I used to be main tank back then, meaning I had WAR, PLD and DRK leveled and maxed. At no point did PLD outdamage WAR both in maths and in any actual situation.
WAR was so strong that it was beating most DDs that weren't playing optimal, PLD never came close to this.

I don't remember the exact number but, WAR was like top damage by a huge margin after the first two rotations or so and then the sustained damage was so much higher than PLD.

They made WAR into an almost DD with this update, PLD was never in this tier.

It was mathed, yeah, and PLD did more damage than WAR before the update. Post update, PLD was dead in the water.

I don't even know why you guys are having this argument since the only tank that came close/outdamaged WAR was DRK. PLD was literally kicked to forever #3 when the update came out.

I don't think we played the same game, really, that or people forgot everything already.

I miss him.

VODs of clears with PLD always in sword oath, without AoE damage inflating WAR's numbers?

how am I supposed to be your gf if I can't even see your dick?

>If it doesn't benefit my argument it can't be trusted.

There's no use talking to you.

>having DRK leveled on 2.0

HAX

You use fracture when you need to disengage from the boss, like during time stasis in 12
It's also good in berserk and when you don't have a bard. As for getting to your fell cleave stack sooner it's arguable. It's very situational and depends on how many gcds you can expect to get before the boss disappears or you need to do a mechanic that requires you to disengage. It's all really situational. Your best bet is looking at top parses for certain fights and looking at how many fractures they used, if any.

Remember, dots tick during stasis but not when the boss disappears for inception.

you are too much of a psychopath to be my boyfriend, but cute catboy

The argument is that a PLD in full sword oath can outdps a WAR without defiance against a single target.

If the PLD uses shield oath or if the WAR does AoE damage, then that clearly isn't the situation we are describing, you fucking braindead downy.

tfw like these characters so much dont know which one to stick with

>tfw a meme
Time to pack my things then.

who?

Just go eat sphagetti-o's or something. If you can't find a single vod that proves your claims it's worthless.

erp

post memebutt..

im not just going around showing it to random people...

im not a psychopath...

god damn thats a cute roe

right
i know this is a grown man post but right i don't care we need more fucking cute roes

Interesting maybe I'll try tanking A12 sometime then. I only dps it and I'm working on gearing my tank as an off spec so it'd be worth a shot. Maybe I'll look up some videos of WAR PoV. Thanks for the advice!

Thanks for your advice too it would make sense to use it at 5 for the bonus crit rate. I'm just still not entirely sure if it's that much of a gain over spamming fell cleaves I guess I could do some napkin math and figure it out at base SkS and a 3 minute parse.

WHO IS THAT CATBOY AND IS HE SINGLE???

I'd like to request that you don't reply to me again.

>Samurai uses Striking and not Maiming

What the fuck is Naoki Yoshida thinking?

Samurai is LITERALLY the ONLY JOB EVER that could have used Maiming gear.

Monk was already splitting with Ninja in the early levels, now Maiming gear gets to be DRG exclusive for the entire rest of the game?

They could have used Striking gear for literally any other job. Why did it HAVE to be Samurai?

Now we have to deal with DRG's having loot monopoly on Maiming for the entire duration of this game.

Femroe is less cancerous than yet another fucking C@boy

>"We'll be doing a large scale combat system rework."
>2 fanfests go by with no details
>Final fanfest
>"Instead of adding more tanks and healers to the game, we're going to focus on rebalancing them with the other major changes we're making to the combat system."
>Still no details on what those actually are

OKAY MAYBE I JUST WON'T BUY YOU SHITTY GAME YOSHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You do not need a vod to calculate the potency of attacks.

What we need is math that proves that PLD can or cannot outdps a WAR.

>2.4 ish when yugiri is introduced she mentions that doma was razed to the ground by garleans and forced domans to leave to find a new home
>4.0 and doma still standing

Did yugiri lie to us? Was it a bad translation? Or did yoshida had a change of heart and decided to asspull doma for content?

Dead? Wrong, this midlander is sleeping!

I hope the costume contest and stuff is amusing and that people recap it later / there's youtube stuff. I like that sort of thing. It's neat.

Have a good day everyone.

Are we posting images?

lily lu