WW I

WW I

Was it really a "world war"?

I hear that many Africans and Asians referred to it as the European/Western civilization war

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JqfpxqIK8VY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I hear that many Africans and Asians referred to it as the European/Western civilization war

Wut?
Africans made up most of the troops in that war

WW1 is the Great War.

Nice meme

A World War simply gas to involve every major power. WW1 did.

Neither wars had any significant combat in the Americas.

>Most of the Germans are black
DAS RITE.

It was a world _male_ war.

every major power in the world was involved, making it a global conflict.

aside from Europe being the main show, Germany colonial garrisons fought it out with the British and French in Africa, the Japanese besieged and took German possessions in the Pacific, U-boats and British ships were chasing each other across the Atlantic, and the British were advancing from the Suez through Mesopotamia and Arabia against the Ottomans.

war was indeed fought worldwide, if not as intense as the Russian/French/Italian fronts

By world they mean relevant on the world. So really, it was just a war between the actual societies on the planet.

Anyone else find it amazing that at the same time The Great War was going on the American army was chasing a bandit around in the deserts of Mexico like something straight out of the wild west?

Based Pancho Villa.

>European/Western civilization war
Tell that to ANZACs

WE

If Byzantium was roman then ANZAC/America is also european.

As amazing as Chinese generals having their traditional post-dynastic deathmatches when the Qing fell in 1911, only this time with trenches, rifles, armored trains, and private airforces, alongside swords and spears.

Though the warring states started in 1916, halfway into WWI

What's that guy doing with a c96? Was there some kind of German/Chinese alliance of some kind at one point or were they just trade partners?

>ANZACs
>not European/Western civilization

>ottomans look white

Hell yeah

China had import restrictons on weapons. So broomhandles were often used as karabiner.

Chinese liked C96 so much that they've made its copies for yeeeeeaaaaaars.

After the Franco-Prussian War, most of the military advisors of the late-Qing Empire were Germans. That said, sometime after the fall of the Empire and the rise of the republic, a lot of Chinese warlords and the republic copied or brought German weapons.

The C96 became bloody popular in China when a republican warlord ordered for an unlicensed copy to be made in armories in Shaanxi, thereby giving them the name "Shaanxi Broomhandles." While identical, Shaanxi C96s are bigger since they use .45 ACP.

Their popularity skyrocketed when they were the assigned sidearms of men called "Sword & Pistol Units" or simply "Big sword units." These men are basically Chinese stormtroopers based of Chinese observers in WWI watching German Hutier Tactics. Carrying CQC weapons not necessarily matched to their name (i.e. SMGs, sacks of grenades, hatchets & shovels) the Big sword units were infiltration assault teams that snuck up and hit a trench in an attempt to open a gap in enemy lines for their regular-ass brothers to plunge in.

These men became romanticized and soon, everyone in China wants a bloody c96 copy.

To be honest it's a sexy gun.
youtube.com/watch?v=JqfpxqIK8VY

Africans or African-Americans?

>European
>Western
>Civilization

there were fights going on in turkey Russia and Europe and fighters came in as auxiluarys for the brittish from all over the world

thing is Europe/The West was the world at that time.

Daily reminder that Patton killed his first two men in a town shootout with Villas men

neat