The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN (embed)
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Music to make love to while killing ayys
youtube.com/watch?v=_WcWHZc8s2I
youtube.com/watch?v=53N99Nim6WE
youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I
youtube.com/watch?v=w7y19ED6Vrk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y4imQnVyaPQ
youtu.be/7qtlsHtP__8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everybody please post your boys!

Its the boys!

Damn, I miss Futbol.
Xcom 2 mutons look threatening at first, but the more you see them, the less they make an impression.

Those fucking elites though, their stats & abilities are something straight from a nightmare.

Fifth post for delicious sweater Vahlen

That sweater is dumb and you should feel dumb for liking it.
Vahlen is delicious though.

Nth for please notice/bully/advise me /xcg/ youtu.be/Y4imQnVyaPQ

yup they fucked my ass good for a bit

your intro seems too "Hi im a youtube lets player xd" if you know what I mean

I took a mission on swarming because I was desperate for corpses. So I went in armed to the teeth expecting to lose half my squad.

And then after I broke concealment the enemies in the game just stopped moving and just became targets. It's nice having all those corpses now but if I don't think I'll be doing that anymore.

>swamp father
good name

Pistols are Useful.

XCOM!

what is that electrical effect running along the street?

I only noticed that after looking at the screenshot. Spooky.

When

I think it's the glow from the yellow street lines getting distorted by the effect from the evac zone.

>advent drones that fly up and flame your squad

don't give lump any ideas, he has ruined LW2 enough already.

Well obviously now we need anti-drone TROPHY systems

why dont sparks have a trophy system

The true battle is between the developer and the player. If the player beats the game, the developer will lose. That is considered to be an inept developer.

>LW was designed around Beagle
>JL has ego problems

And I won't stop posting this copypasta until anons agree

Sparks can do this.

SPARKs aren't gremlins though

BITs explode, they don't werf flammen

I thought you could put a flamethrower in a BIT, it just started out with a rocket.

Unless i'm remembering wrong, you can just equip a flamethrower on the bit, or any heavy weapon of your choice.

>tfw Techincal class is underwhelming as fuck

Reminder that burning disables shooting in LW2 and technicals actually have a point beyond the first rocket.

The heavy weapon is on the SPARK, not the BIT.

A technical has no role that isn't surpassed by another, more useful class.

No it isn't.

Nope

Oh shit forgot about that.

>implying grenadiers are useful in LW2 when their grenades can't even destroy tissue paper.

Don't imply things for me senpai, I didn't say shit about grenadiers. Don't use them either myself.

>its an evac zone is 10 dashes away with only 12 turns before forced evac episode

this isn't fun at all, what was lump thinking?

>you havent enjoyed sting grenades and rapid deployment

>He has time to just let enemies to live longer than a turn

I don't cheat and turn off turn timers.

>regular old advent trooper hits a 7 defence 5 dodge soldier through full cover while disoriented

I wonder what the chances of that were.

The flamethrower seems extremely weak in LW2.

It can disable entire pods while doing damage, the problem is that the range isn't long enough for a mid range class. Also, the long war team thought it was a good idea to change it so burning disables ranged abilities without telling the player.

Is there a tier 2 grenade launcher in LW2? I'm starting to face Archons, and my grenadier's are starting to seriously lack in punching power.

You need the Andromedon autopsy for it. Pretty sure it only increases the range and radius.

advent mecs I am pretty sure, though grenadiers are pretty shit in LW2 overall.

>Get stuck under the avenger after every mission
>Have to restart game every mission
>forced repeat the mission but now the soldiers are wounded

When is this going to get fixed?

are you running any other mods, because I fixed this when I disabled all my other mods.

Also never, because Pavonis are a bunch of lazy shits. 1.2 patch notes have been up since january and they still haven't released the update.

>Instead of being a research project, corpse rendering is now a job that is done in the Laboratory.
>Can assign your scientists to either all render one corpse quickly, or multiple corpses more slowly.
>High tier aliens need multiple scientists period to be rendered.
Y/N?

It's an issue with memory; certainly independent of system specs, because it happens to me with 16GB of RAM and only ~6GB being used in total. Turning down the graphics settings a little eliminates the bug in my case.

Regardless, it should be saving on your last turn before mission end, so I don't see how you're having problems replicating your actions.

They also thought it was a good idea of having neither Panic nor Burning be guaranteed at any point during the game, not even by the time you get incendiary bombs. Technicals don't scale well at all and their perk tree could use a rework.Same with SPARKs, I have no idea what the ass fuck they were thinking when they put together the LW2 SPARKs.

>I have no idea what the ass fuck they were thinking when they put together the LW2 SPARKs.

>Hey, beagle really likes mecs in lw, and sparks are close enough, should we make them like they were in lw?
>Lump: Nah, fuck beagle. Just throw some icons against the wall and make that the tree.

Am I supposed to do every single event in every area of xcom 2 or they pop up randomly and I have to ignore them? What are the most important events?

Technicals are fine early on, and in light missions where the alpha strike actually accounts for a large amount of the total enemies you fight.

But yea, they are pretty shit later on.

Are you talking about the base game, or LW2?

What's an appropriate filename

>Trying to melee a Muton for the first time

base xcom 2, I'm still in the first area and the avenger panic thing got 3 more levels while I'm scanning everything.

It really is frightening how awfully thought out LW2 SPARKs are. Just taking a casual glance at the tier 1 perks is enough to reduce grown men to autistic screeching, I'm pretty sure more in depth looks at how they work has caused people to commit suicide. People who complain about Technicals have no idea, just no idea at all about the real struggle.

>have to delete XComEngine.ini and XComModOptions.ini before every launch to make shit actually work

Great mod support there Firaxis.

>final level perks are a choice between a shitty six turn cooldown 33% damage reduction, an ability to redirect fire to the spark, or an aoe ability that can damage the spark

This is... Truly... Magnificent Game Design

Similar can be said for the Technical class, the middle tree is just copy/paste from the Gunner.

>August 21, 2016
>The Long War fatigue spiral kicks in hard
>already scraping the bottom of the gray market barrel to fund big air war foundry push
>nothing left XCOM can afford to sell
>nothing left to spend on rookies

Only 5 soldiers KIA but so many wounds cycling in and out of the roster. 60 soldier roster just isn't nearly enough with the arrival of mechtoids.

To be fair, the fire redirection thing is actually pretty decent. If you throw a smoke grenade on a SPARK, they're borderline impossible to hit. Slap on a Aid Protocol and your spark now has so much defense enemies accidentally kill themselves when they try to attack it.

I'm pretty sure wrecking ball is the most underrated perk in the game.

Ghetto combat engineer is OP

Its definitely worth considering, but I've found that its usefulness varies wildly. Sometimes its a gamechanger, other times it never really comes into play. Would be nice if it was built in on every spark by default quite frankly.

So now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that LW2 is magnificent.

>so magnificent that beagle gave up on it

Its not fair! LW2 was suppose to be the return of beaglerush, not his undoing.

>You were the chosen one! You were supposed to restore XCOM content, not destroy it!

>Aliens have been giving me no problems
>like 9 missions with no deaths or injuries.

>Exalt base assault mission.

>Only one made it out.

Didn't mean to link to the post.

LW or? Honestly I found EXALT HQ not to difficult since you can load up your best oversized XCOM Ddeath Squad

Vanilla classic.

I only had a hard time in the beginning with Thinmen since I just had ballisctics.

Up until this point anyway. Lost my A team in that Exalt mission.

Honestly the centurions and mutons look way too much like krogan

People want to fuck the Vipers, but the Berserker is the real best girl.

This.

>you will never be held gently and rocked to sleep in the enormous arms of a berserker who could flip shit and snap you like a twig if so much as a fly buzzed near her ear

Ayys do nothing for me. Pls gib gf

What would you guys say to an item that "pacifies" chryssalids?

Either attracting them to you or just ignore you until you attack?

Like some kind of lure that draws them away from you? I suppose it could work somewhat similar to the mimic beacon.

Sort of, I'm debating if it should be a thrown item that lasts three turns or a permanent item that stays with the solider that as long as he doesn't shoot them, they just chill around him.

Thrown, making chryssies useless forever is a dumb idea.
Also I imagine a scenario where you run into 8 chryssalids who surround the soldier and he can't move anymore, the lids love him too much.

YES

kind of defeats the purpose/role of chryssalids imo, they're supposed to be the implacable charging monsters that are so truly alien as to be completely unrelatable.

>Last solider left.
>All your squadmates are dead.

>Your new Chryssalid family is all you have now.

>Grenade disorients targets in the radius and makes Chryssalids target them first

Nice.

Now give them to ADVENT Captains(Beastmasters) too.

>chryssalid harem
kawaii

>hard, chitinous titties

Not sure if want.

>chitinous sheath

When will we get a mod/expansion/new game that removes the stealth/timer bullshit? I want to kill aliens in protracted firefights, not speed run a mission in like 5 turns. They basically balanced the game assuming everyone overwatch cheeses like Beags instead of thinking what makes a fun game.

Commander, the only way to save Earth is for you to make sweet love to an alium, but it can't be a snek or a codex. What will you do?

>late game EW
>meme skin psi assaults scouting ahead
>laying massive minefields on pods out of vision with mecs
>120 aim snipers in mid air with 100 percent crit rate that can shoot twice

holy fuck this is great

Work with Vahlen to make sweet mindfucking love the rest

I'll schtupp an Ethereal. I meam, quadruple handjob, and you don't live for millennia without learning a thing or two about making sweet love.

Where did that CLOSE RANGE meme came from?

From Bradford, obv.

youtu.be/7qtlsHtP__8

God damn i just saw that 5 mins ago and havent noticed the connection. Thanks!

>tfw you can't complete a campaign because you can't dedicate to a squad theme

Aesthetics are truly the purest form of suffering.

And getting bored of Long War 2 around the time Mutons show up.

i've felt that too. you've gone on so many missions by the time mutons show up that you'd be midgame in vanilla. i get it's called long war but holy shit does it get tedious blowing up 10 statues by april

also
>swords

Well from my experience in legendary, Mutons replace vipers as the first new alien to be introduced. Since vipers in Leg can show up as early as gatecrasher

Speaking of aesthetic suffering is there any cosmetic mods out there that give me a pair of jeans?

I need this.

There is lilies jeans (they look pretty good) and there is the Siege ports that have IQ's jeans. Both only for women though. You can also combo Lillies jean's with the XCOM1 Kevalar ports to give them knee pads and straps which looks very nice.