What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/news/report-mitsubishi-delays-crossovers-explore-parts-sharing-nissan/
topspeed.com/cars/mitsubishi/2018-mitsubishi-eclipse-cross-ar175734.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sport coupes died and no ones interested in Lancers anyway except for rally racers. They had nothing else to offer

if you look at their stocks it's been steadily decline since it was founded

Banzai?

Hasn't updated most of its line in over a decade, also they focused more on their home market so no cash to develop shit for the US market.

Not enough Jackie Chan, desu.

Apart from the relatively small passenger car based diesel, the new L200/Triton is a good truck, as is the new Montero Sport that's bases off the same platform.
Up until last week I was of the belief there was not going to be a future for the full size Montero/Pajero, but I recently read an article that the Nissan/Renault alliance intends to share the Y62 Patrol platform which sounds promising.

Their cars come so close to being good, but always fuck it up with some oversight or poor design choice.

For example, the Mirage could be a great car if it had a 6th gear and another 25hp

Is a 2015 Lancer a good ride? There's one in my area for $11k at 15,xxx miles

4G and 4D a shit
useless head gaskets and fragile blocks

they tend to go overboard with comfort and luxury features
and have engines not quite up to the task of dealing with Maximum Load Limit

They put the r5 mirage out to test the waters outside of the world championship. It's an evo X in the super light body. I think they were planning on competing if it gained traction.

I've seen a hill climb r5, a yellow one in world rallycross, and a custom one in the rally america series.

Aside from the electric power testbed that was their three years at Pike's Peak, they haven't been involved in motorsport since mid 2000's.

Looks cool

The mirage does have a nice body and a good drag coefficient. Shame the drivetrain is so weak

Prototype a best

The 2015 reveal design was sick

Rally America competitor

Hillclimb WRT

Rallycross

Not if its the auto
Fucking Mitsushitsi put a CVT innit

North America's passenger cars market was always an after thought for them.

The excel at Kei cars and medium trucks.

They are also a car/heavy industry conglomerate started by a Samurai Clan.

For whatever reason they decided to can the Evo, the only car that kept them interesting and relevant. They're still the least popular japanese car brand and it's only going to get worse. I don't see the company lasting very long unless they make some radical changes.

eh, theyre doing fine overseas so i dont see them going under anytime soon
i wouldn't be surprised if they withdrew from the NA market soon though

>mitsu has already started working in full tandem with nissan
motortrend.com/news/report-mitsubishi-delays-crossovers-explore-parts-sharing-nissan/
Ok Veeky Forums try thinking of the BEST RESULT of this situation
What would the best fucking sports car they could make be? Boring answers like a rebadged gtr is not an answer

I just hope it's something to replace the EVO. I don't want the WRX to be the only 4/5 door AWD worth buying from the nips.

Starion/Silvia name revival
>rwd
>under 3000lbs
>over 210 hp

let it devour gt86/BRZ

A rebadged juke nismo

well, the best situation would be to bring in something light and rwd, something AWD and rally-like, decent consumer cars that get decent gas mileage, build up from there.
NOW, the way it seems they are going is going to be crossovers/suvs, something something eclipse is becoming a suv thing something something.
topspeed.com/cars/mitsubishi/2018-mitsubishi-eclipse-cross-ar175734.html

>What would the best fucking sports car they could make be
Mirage Ralliart w/ the 1.5l DIG-T R, a co-developed Starion/Silvia to compete with the 86/BRZ with top trims powered by the 4B11T, and a Tesla-killing electric Evo XI.

They sell more than Honda in markets that matter
They are doing nothing wrong

AMD did it, so why can't Nissan/Mitsu?

>Ok Veeky Forums try thinking of the BEST RESULT of this situation
Already gave one example earlier It's good news for the Montero/Pajero. Hell, it'll even be going back to a separate chassis design. I'm not 100% convinced on the prospective power plants though, fingers crossed for a commercial based diesel.
Long live the 4M.

Came here to post A6M Type Zeros, this guy gets it.

I own a 2016 Lancer ES Sport Manual (CVT is shit).

Love it to death.
Makes me sad that Mitsubishi is removing the Lancer from the line. Pretty much the final blow for the company in terms of vehicles that are inspiring.

It's a 5speed

I have a 2004 Lancer. I don't know shit about cars, but I love this thing.

There was an official Pace car on the road a few days ago going 90. I caught up with him,cut him off and started slowing down Lel.

This.

They had arguably the best sport turbo sedan and they dropped it. They were never subaru and the rest of their cars are shit so they have little else to offer. Subaru could survive dropping the wrx/sti if they wanted, but i think that was a big mistake for mitsubishi.

Nothing, it just so happens that Mitsubishi cars make up a pathetic portion of their overall profits (Mitsubishi has over 500 individual corps under it)
Odds are they got tired of paying for R&D with diminishing returns but unlike Nissan didn't go broke in the process.
>but they didn't
How many times have they redesigned the Evo? It's not cheap.

I owned a 99 mirage and treated it like fucking shit.
Very sparse oil/spark/filter changes etc
Still regularly did 1600Km trips without skipping a beat.
Handled fucking great
In the end it WAS a shitbox in appearance and (to a lesser extent) performance and sold it for $100. But for all that, Mitsubishi has my money whenever I can spend it.

Goddard I miss 2006