/twg/ Total War General

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY.

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Isabella von Carstein(Legendary Lord) has been announced as part of the War not Peace dealio. She and Vlad have their own faction, seperate from the Mannlet.

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3e1JyWgVfnI
youtube.com/watch?v=rUna_ce2h1I
youtube.com/watch?v=2XMtQZ9gpag
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do I use Steam Tanks effectively

Do I target large things like Giants and/or Lords or do I make them shoot at blobs of infantry

1st for artilerry

2 minutes until vote

1st for mems

ROLLAN!
Can't wait to finally add Bretonnia!

MISSED BRETONNIA, FILL ME IN

FORMATIONS

Does the vote give extra points?

nth for what right?

Cool new units, formations, nerfed archers, Grail Knights finally op as fuck, Bretonnia's going to be da best faction!

UUUU

So how do I get Isabella? Or is she not even out yet?

nth for arms

She will be in Bretonnia update

FOTE will never be finished

Curse you meloncat

>mfw the mongol singing sounds like "uwu"

what did he mean by this?

>Missed Bretonnia
Fug
Do we have information about other faction changes other than Isabella?

They have the stream up to watch if you want. skip to 2:47:00 for TW

69nth for the prophet!

>have a cousin who used to play tabletop Warhammer
>he's also a massive Paradox shill
>plays Europa Universalis pretty much every day
>owns every single DLC in that game, even the Sabaton one
>tried to show him Warhammer
>"yeeeah...it's nice to look at....but Total War is casual babby shit with no depth, no offence"
>"maybe I'll buy it when it's on sale, but I'm not supporting SEGA's shitty DLC practices"

>formations
I hope they will add them to Dawi and Empire, would be retarded if bunch of inbred peasants had them, but highly trained armies would not.

>Carcassonne confirmed playable
>Green Knight is NOT a LL

So the Fay Enchantress starts there. Which is...interesting. Why would she start there but more importantly why would she be at war with the Wood Elves?

Kill knife ears!
The Lady wills it!

Grail knights are immune to fatigue, get a 20% physical resistance when not routing and has a bonus against large.

the lady is a fucking elf

>peasants had them

They don't, just the cav units.

>knights of the realm have anti-large
>questing knights, who want to earn the grail by performing great deeds and slaying monsters, have anti-infantry

Cannons are strictly anti-large. They should be firing at everything bigger than a horse, and then getting in to melee with enemy infantry once there are no other targets to fire upon.

Sounds like your cousin might be retarded. Especially if he plays Europa Universalis.

Doesn't mean she has to like her kind.

Shoot expensive cavalry / infantry, they have just 1 cannon (unlike the 2-4 you get from cannon units)

Use their Terror to break wavering enemies and use them as good chariots (they can also be healed with Lore of Life, which is broken as fuck)

Just stay away from anything with armor piercing

what are the most important dlcs on warhammer? I'm thinking about getting it for 12$ on humble bundle

Shown on stream:

>Grail Reliqae
>Battle Pilgrims
>Foot Knights
>Knights Errant
>Questing Knights

Not seen but confirmed:

>Hippogryph Knights
>New Trebuchet version
>New Peasant Bowmen version
>Alberic
>Fay Enchantress

I'm still hoping for:

>Green Knight with special mechanic
>Some kind of Pike Levy
>Truffle Hounds

Lore of Life isn't broken, it's just marginally better than all the other shit Lores in this game.

>Foot Knights
They're Foot Squires

Blood and Gore

>2.13 MB

quick where do i settle as the ostrogoths

Because she's a beauttiful HUMAN female with disdain for inhuman knife eared filth?

Brettonia

italy

might get Foot Knights after all then, as the ultimate infantry option

they are in the 8th edition codex, after all

>living in the 3rd world

Why did they make these have such shitty graphical quality? They're supposed to be pre-rendered, right? Even the benchmark at average settings looks like a bullshot compared to those intro vids.

>muddy textures and zero AA or AF

who is this semen demon

in east gothia

fucking race traitors, i hate them

Would the Romans at the height of their power have been able to defeat any of the Warhammer factions?

yeah just knock over the figurines

No because powerlevels

Empire has so many tools to fuck with the Romans and they have the manpower. Assuming the Empire doesn't have to deal with anybody else aka a 1v1 with the romans.

Magic, much more advanced technology and monsters seem a bit hard to deal with

>Foot Knights
>purist face when

Did you praise Tengri today?
youtube.com/watch?v=3e1JyWgVfnI

rollerorning.

Ulric´s Will!

Squires, NOT foot knights
They're a poor mans Greatswords

>Magic
>Gunpowder
>Tanks
>Monster cavalry and mounts
No

Maaaaaaaaybe Ogres but it would be a pyrrhic victory at best

Classic paracucks

>Foot Squires (GW infantry, weaker than Greatswords)
>Grail Reliqaue gives massive leadership bonus to peasants.
>Knight Errants
>Questing Knights
>Archer variants (none shown just mentioned)

We have all been in a similar phase.

I don't think they're pre-rendered, but if they are it's still only using in-game assets, which I don't blame them for even though CG movies are pretty nice.

but they're not using any graphical settings above shit, that makes little sense to me. surely if its live-generated, it aught to use the player's graphical settings, it looks wrong

The questing knights looked strong as fuck, 38 melee attack and 36 defense with 46 damage, of which most of it is likely to be AP
They're going to destroy shit like chaos knights and dwarfs much better than grail knights are, unless the antilarge that grail knights get is actually significant

rollings

Rock the boat!

Roll
pls no dorfs

So does winning the stream viewers thing mean we get another shitty prize?

>the real monster is man

First MWNL reward code, don't want it.

HIZLT-FDZ7Q-H40V6

7CVJY-TYIPW-4XHMX

>Germans with magic and tech some fourteen centuries ahead of the Romans
>super-powered Frenchmen with magic and tech about a millenium ahead of the Romans
>big angry Vikings powered by evil gods swinging swords the size of a man and clad in really heavy armor and supported by spooky monsters
>millions of angry green dudes with monsters and funny magic
>tiny dudes with lots of gun and helicopters
>hordes of undead
>angry goatmen with creepy magic
>Tree Hitler and friends

Well I'd say their chances are pretty low. Maybe they can beat a beastmen warband but that would be stretching it already.

Now the more interesting question is: Would te Romans win if their own gods became reality in the Warhammer universe?

>Dow and endless disqualified

Rules for tomorrow : 100 point for winning at their own game , -100 for loosing at their own game , 50 point for winning against Sega champion , -50 for loosing against Sega champion

Coh 2 is gonna win isnt it ?

Nah Dogbert got it, no way sega "champion" will win

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

Wait so people are now making better maps and full siege maps? holy shit that must be funny. can I see a video of one?
Also whats the info on Bretonnia? how big a roster will they have?

but the question is , is dogbert gonna be able to beat coh2 at their own game and make them loose at total war

Also since they are making full siege maps will CA be forced to do it now?

I uploaded this battle to youtube in HD if anyone is interested. Didn't put any commentary on it. Decided, I'll keep practicing but I wont upload anything i'm not proud of. But this replay was too fun to not upload.

youtube.com/watch?v=rUna_ce2h1I

youtube.com/watch?v=2XMtQZ9gpag maps

Bret going to have full tabletop roster

They don't even have stirrups m8

quite a big one

>fucking artifact giving 16 leadership to peasants
>grail knights immune to fatigue

He probably lose at coh2 but that doesn't matter as long as he wins all tw games

also why the fuck dow2 have 100 points?

are brets going to have dragons? when are they gonna add dragon units? but cool that they will have the full tabletop roster, how many were missing?

Depends what faction do you wanna play mostly / at first.
Dwarfs or Greenskins? The King and The Warlord.
Empire or Vampires? The Grim and The Grave.
Chaos Warriors? Chaos Warriors Race Pack.
Wood Elves? Realm of The Wood Elves.
Beastmen? Call of the Beastmen.

Blood for the Blood God is always worth it, even if it's just cosmetic.

>sega is cutting content and giving it back if some who wins at their shitty game show.
I fucking hate sonic so fucking much.

either they won the highest score at whatever game was in the event or the sega judge said their stream was the most entertaining

Also here's the minimap in webm form and at 4x speed, since I the video is only in cinematic mode.

they are pretty cool for actually not raging about the whole campaign maps thing and adding support for it.

Are you retarded or it's a bait? Asking for a friend

To save anyone else looking it up, CA segment starts around 3:27:20 on the sega stream's 2nd video.

thats because its only battle maps , if it was the grand campaign map being modded and adding new regions they would scream

Few days ago I started up a m2tw campaign for old times sake and in 60 turns I realized why I stopped playing in the first place. How do I stop the ai from build fucking artillery? They're making stacks of 14 catapults and a few militias and is so tiresome just sprinting my line at them, hoping they don't rng my general. I just want to have fun.

Maybe DOW2 won the fishing challenge.