/mcg/ - Minecraft General

FUCKING POPPIES edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Station_(New_York_City)#Demolition_of_the_original_structure
youtube.com/watch?v=PCkQ0XaVSrM
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/traincraft
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Repost.

Been out of the loop a while, but it seems not many people care about TFC/TFC Reloaded.

Looking for some advice though, I'm up to the Iron Age in both my offline and livestream saves, though my offline save has had more time to get more Iron. I've seen that Blaze Powder (or Scapolite dust as it's referred to by TFC) is available but without access to the Nether, it's not available. Thing with TFC Reloaded is that it APPEARS to be that Nether Portals work and the Nether is accessible, but Portals are placed above the Bedrock ceiling. What would be a legitimate way of breaking through the Bedrock? I don't think any of the trees grow below the dirt at all in TFC nor does Bonemeal work, so the old Tree method won't work.

2nd FOR RE:GROWTH

3rd for big black xychorium dick

4th for direwolf20 xD

5th for DED

Direderp :P

6th for HAY GUYS WELCOME TO MY NEW MINECRAFT LET'S PLAY

Omg its soyran xd

direwire xxxd

>Anything Dire
I can't watch him much anymore.

Xth for playing regrowth until Story of Seasons 2 comes out at the end of this month

His 1.10 lets play is just sad how boring it is

He was better in 1.5 and 1.6.4

Ahahaha haa...

We're so fucking dead.

Soon, user.

Soon.

Reminder that vazkii used to false flag here

Also respect her

Definitely, and the current Skyblock series he's doing with Pahimar is a wreck.
Just getting sick of how it's been tutorial-mode for every series he's done and almost always the same mods and steps.

1.10 is boring because it has no mods that I care about.

If I see that fucking shield gen wither killer one more time.

You know it'll be in the next skyblock map he does.

why do you even go into caves

to use them as storage.

You've just grown accustomed to the mods he's using is all. DW20 was a godsend when I first got into modded Minecraft in like 1.6.4. He showed me all the "ooh" and "aah"s that modded minecraft could give in an easy to understand and work with format, he even encourages that you play along with him since he's going to cover as much of the modpack as possible.
He keeps doing it that way either because he's still aiming for that target audience, aka the ones new to modded minecraft, or just because that's how he enjoys doing things. Personally I still go back every now and then since I think his spotlights are pretty good.

>dire being passive aggressive in his skyblock

>Invites some loudmouth slut for 2 episodes

The make a wish thing was nice though

Anyone else find it strangely therapeutic to just dig and dig and dig and dig?

On a related note, whats the best way to get rid of bedrock fog?

>Anyone else find it strangely therapeutic to just dig and dig and dig and dig?
yes
I hate how sometimes you're forced to automate mining because of the shear amount of raw resources mods make you need.
>On a related note, whats the best way to get rid of bedrock fog?
optifine, configured so that it works on your machine.

Probably, I kept watching about all his videos through 1.6 and until about 6 months ago.

>optifine, configured so that it works on your machine
I uninstalled Optifine because it was contributing to a lot of crashes. What are the no-no features again?

I know that feel man. It's so relaxing to put on some music, take your trusty hammer and just dig shit.
>On a related note, whats the best way to get rid of bedrock fog?
Fognerf is also good if you don't want optifine for some reason.

Everything in the performance tab, and a few other things IIRC.
There's a few settings that I haven't figured out that don't play nice with galacticraft.

One thing I enjoy about dire is he doesnt overdose on memes or tries to have this whacky personia.

>design sex toy
>accidentally submit to architectural firm
>they pay you the proceeds when the plan gets approved by town council

>find treasure map on skeleton
>location is 1k away from my base
>forgot to bring food so have to scramble to find a seed to make bread

At least I won't ever get lost above ground

Wtf is wrong with your junk that the pic looks like a sex toy to you

>sex toys have to look like benises
some people might want to be raped by a giant sea cucumber.

Sorry, got buzzed and fell asleep. I'll post screens someday, when it's done years from now.
I get up to it by a blood magic ritual which lets me fly within a small radius and takes me up to a central hub that connects to it all.

FogNerf delets bedrock fog.

This. How is a giant inflatable latex sea cucumber not a fetish in any way?

save my jej

Post them now pls

I love you, Thaumic Bases

Making a more permanent factory for machinery than the open yard.

Mod and Texturepack?

the fuck

>they tore this down

I fucking wish I had the time to make something that grand.

Context?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Station_(New_York_City)#Demolition_of_the_original_structure

Here's what it looks like now.

>giant open structure to shitty little airport terminal

>build a mob grinder
>call it a library

>didn't even bother to paint the boring, bland grey ceiling
just unforgivable.

>not growing your redstone organically

Redmelons are from Thaumic Bases, texture pack is Pixel Perfection.

What is an easy way to collect drops from a mob spawning room? I have a little cabin set up where my bote can shoot whatever spawns, but i need a way to collect their stuff, I'm using the GT'd new horizon pack, so half the normal options are pretty much unavailable right now.

one of the boats can pick stuff up IIRC, set it on a patrol route?

>TFW lots of track work to do to un-fuck derpy setups

youtube.com/watch?v=PCkQ0XaVSrM

Guess its time to gamble and see if i can get her, atleast its not an advanced class.

Modernism was a mistake.

>Didn't have a KFC
>Now has a KFC.
Improvement

I wish we could have an art nouveau revival in architecture...

>find some Pyramid maze thing
>it's full of cave spider and zombie spawners
>get assraped from behind by a hoard of le pathfinding zombies
>Painful Loss

Oh yeah I lost my 100k color cap, it's back to 24 again. So I guess that's a painful loss.

Was told last thread to find a good modpack with questing. Does anyone have any good reqs on that front? Something that covers the majority of the "common" mods that people are using?

Not sure where to start looking. Something that can be quickly thrown up on a VM as a server so I can play with a mate would be a plus.

Give Blightfall a try. It changes a lot of the recipes, but so do most mods that use questing. It's really well put together though.

>>
Pickle Pack Magic 3

>Was told last thread to find a good modpack with questing.
What?
People mostly complain that there are like 2 or 3 good questing modpacks, most of them act as shitty tutorials for people who are beyond retarded.
Blightfall is a pretty well done one.

If sensible people were round you'd've been told to make your own pack first, use tekkit, or one of the serb packs, or something.

are you on TS2?

looks like regrowth

What mod for the trains?

>TRAINCRAFT IS FUCKING OUT FOR 1.7.10 CHOO CHOO minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/traincraft

quit shilling your meme pack

I like the western outpost sort of feel to this

>write json files for 1.10 Botania-AgriCraft compat
>they won't load
>but all the other mods will load
>spend an hour trying to figure it out
>turns out, compatibility is case-sensitive, and Botania's mod ID starts with a capital B

>1.10
remove you'reself

>even under the hood botania is a faggot mod
pottery

Makes sense, I remember finding out about him during his 1.2.5 LP and going HOLY SHIT YOU CAN DO THIS? when he automated ore processing with IC2 and Logipipes, but all his playthroughs on newer versions feel boring and samey as fuck just as mentioned.
I still feel obligated to watch his videos every so often, it's hard to break away from a habit.

I'm new to trains. any reason this isn't working?

It was mainly because I haven't played in 2-2.5 years, and it seems like most of the mods have sweet fuck all when it comes to documentation, and some of them really don't lend themselves to experimenting.

Not even mine

>I'm new to trains. any reason this isn't working?

NEI is a lying fuck and you probably need more materials than what you've got on the table.

Most tech mods work like ic2 used to, and now many things have tooltips where you hold shift over a thing.
All magic mods have in game guides.
Some tech mods do too.

If you don't understand, ask somewhere.
Joining a serb would of course help.

Thanks m8
I appreciate the passive aggressiveness, but in my experience being vague with google results isn't as efficient as asking a simple, honest, question in the thread itself :^)
>inb4lurkmorefaggot and other autistic screeching

What are the best low-tech mods? Stuff with windmills and water and cogs.

quit shilling your meme pack

>Search "TRAINS IN MINECRAFT"
>Observe results
>First result is the exact mod you're asking about

I'm all for social contact too, but really.

The first modpack I tried was actually SkyFactory, which was probably a silly choice considering getting resources is a pain that means that you can't just "experiment". I need to take a step back try some other shit out.

Y-you to

How horrifying, you poor thing.

>TFW getting too distracted with non-train shit

All my valuables are locked up. Free signs are appreciated. I've got shit to do.

Pack did not have tainted magic so i added it.