/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1317
psndl.net/packages
github.com/JayFoxRox/Lindbergh-Emulator
nebula.emulatronia.com
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5ucot0/magic_kid_googoo_finally_dumped/
youtube.com/watch?v=LscZrRhH6B4&list=PLYHNB0RWLtRYiW83k1BgVNx7j4rD6Ze9T
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for fix my problems

I keep getting audio crackles when I am playing Cubivore in Dolphin despite the game running at 300% speed when uncapped.
Anything I can do to fix this?

DELET THIS

>has medication but refuses to take it
Thats legitimately retarded.

Depression is curable but it requires actual therapy. You need to change the way you think and you wont accomplish that on your own if you're in a permanent down state.

It might have some strong side effects on him like needing to sleep over 12 hours a day and such things.

And worse, he is advising someone else to do the same.

Then he should talk to his psychologist and ask for stuff from a different brand.

But thats besides the point, SSRIs only make you feel marginally better and as long as you dont combat the cause of your depression you will revert back.
Taking them actually isnt much of a big deal and its supposed to be a supplement for treatment only, not something like aspirin that you pop when you got a headache.

He needs therapy. I understand the feelings he described there, especially the numbness part.
Got to the point where I couldnt do basic chores anymore and neglected really small shit like renewing my ID.
Started therapy a year ago and I'm MUCH better now.

>I'm feeling like shit even though I dont take my medication you should do the same
Hope the guy reading realizes whats going on.

>Now what did it do to get face the wrath of the retroretards?
By sucking. It's literally worse than Glide64 for SSB and that's sad.
github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1317

Ok I narrowed it down to the vsync option
Apparently the vsync in Dolphin is pretty bad and it causes audio skipping(at least in cubivore). Any way to run the emulator in a borderless window so that I don't need use vsync?

Uncheck exclusive fullscreen

Why does even the borderless window option have screen tearing
what the fuck

can we emulate girlfriends yet?

What's with all these pro-SSRI shills? I was depressed from 15 to 18, been on medication and all it did was make me angry as fuck and have a limp dick. Eventually I realized that life is made up of both good and bad shit and you need the bad shit to properly enjoy the good one. 26 yr old now, yeah I'm no normie but at least I haven't felt those fucked up depression feels for years.

The closest I'm aware of are phishing scams similar to the Nigerian prince scams, but with potential wives.

Do you guys know how much progress has been made on dolphin to allow games like Wind Waker, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and Four Swords Adventures to use the GBA screen for various controls? Last I saw, there was a twitter post from someone in the VGBA-M project saying that they would work on the GBA side to make this cross platform functionality work.

is it realistic to expect citra to run well some games like Fire Emblem or I am being "that guy"?

5 hours

when will parallel run world driver championship?

>when will parallel run world driver championship?
when they abandon m64p's terrible code base.

Who will wrote new code base?

What explains these byte differences in the ROMs byuu dumped? Why were they different, dumper hardware problems or fucked cartridge? What part of the data do they represent? Graphics, code? What effects does it have on the game?

Most inportant of all, how do you even know byuu got it right this time around?

how to get New Super Maio bros 2 to run on Citra? i'm only getting a black screen and a bunch of red lines in the console window.

Depression that has a cause often fails to qualify as depression. Obviously, it goes away with its cause.

Actual depression has readily identifiable no cause. The person is just sad, sometimes suicidally

So I'm having some issues installing PCSX2 to my laptop.
For starters after installation I can't open the application instead I get "api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll is missing"
Apparently that has to do with Visual C++ 2015 so I reinstalled that but it didn't change anything, it also has something to do with a windows update installer so I tried to install that but it hangs forever on "checking for updates"
I have no idea what's going on, can anybody explain?

You need the x86 C++ Redistributables, not the x64 ones.

>decide to finally give BGDA a replay after that user posted about it last thread
>naturally try dolphin first since I have bad memories of PCSX2 failing miserably to play them properly
>port is somehow inferior and dolphin adds issues on top
>go back to PCSX2 as a last ditch effort before digging up my XBOX after realizing my autism wouldn't cope with the bugs and version differences
>runs better in PCSX2 outside of the font being harder to read
Dolphin is starting to feel like a fucking meme, only game I didn't have issue with that isn't a big Nintendo 1st party title is Timesplitters 2

>Who will wrote new code base?
SP and his crew. I remember SP telling me about his pal Daeken and his wonderful project called Tarogen. I long await the day the Tarogen project is complete. SP also planned on working on a unified HLE renderer that's supposed to be amazing! Boy libretro has a lot of potential.

>Dolphin is starting to feel like a fucking meme
Dolphin has been a meme for a long time. Where have you been? Shader stuttering alone is enough to kill off all my interest in using Dolphin. Whenever there's a problem with Dolphin, its fanboys always try to make excuses to justify the lack of success in solving those issues. Yet these fanboys don't do the same for other emulators.

a) maybe he should finish his xbox emulator first.
b) in N64 emulation hard parts are non generic.

It just plain wont install
It either hangs forever on install or show me "0x802448014 - unspecified error"

c) in Python?

How do I set up Ishiiruka/Dolphin to use the mouse as a wiimote pointer properly?

I've gotten close but I can never get the cursor to follow the mouse exactly. It's always off by 3-5 inches. This makes it impossible for me to point at a large portion of the screen/game.

For reference, I'm trying to play Elebits.

I have my emulators set up so they launch from steam big picture on my steam link, but once I start playing a game steam recognizes my controller as a keyboard instead of letting me play the game. How can I get around this?

Does Sony have a way to download games like Nintendo does?

psndl.net/packages

Ty good sir. Time to do some archiving.

I figured out a garbage solution. I increased the sensitivity of the IR and as long as you ignore the mouse cursor, you can use it like a mouse and hit all the edges.

I don't know why they can code an entire fucking emulator from nothing but can't have the screen directly grab your mouse cursor 1:1 as the wiimote.

Still, it works for now.

gat haip

Its stupid that capcom didnt release this on PC.
They port every other game.

It really doesn't matter at this point. It's so easily emulated that it might as well be a PC port.

>retropad dealing with Wii/GC inputs
>motions and analog triggers

Oh Jesus Christ. I'm getting frustrated just thinking about it.

Where'd you get that?

They're updating the API for waggling.

Anybody know why the Wii U USB Helper has problems with 3ds downloading?

Specifically, if you direct it to go to the title site, it can see all the games but it can't find a single patch or DLC for any of the games it finds.

It doesn't have this issue with Wii U titles.

Anyone know why or know of a solution?

I made it in photoshop.

the guide for epsxe seemed kinda simple but shits not working
running bios or iso runs the window with a black screen and crashes after 1sec
any help?

N-Gage emulation when?

never ever

did it have any cool exclusives?
I only remember shitty ports.

Well it had that Snakes game in that pic there.
Most of it was ports.

It had an Elder Scrolls game. Don't know whether it was any good or not.

Any recommendations for a GBA emulator that works well on iOS10 via Cydia impactor authentication?

I've got several months yet until my contract renewal so I can't switch to Android just yet. May as well make the most of it in the mean time, right?

>The model 2 emulator is closed source and abandoned
>I'll never be able to play Daytona USA and the other racers natively on Linux
>It doesnt even work under WINE
Kill me. I waited like 5 years for proper dreamcast emulation on linux, and reicast finally came alone (still doesnt save sadly)
It seems like there's no hope for SEGA's arcade stuff though

github.com/JayFoxRox/Lindbergh-Emulator

wow. i wonder if this will work with my R-360s.

While this is cool as fuck and I'm glad we'll soon be able to play the Arcade version of AB climax, this isn't the model 2 user
nebula.emulatronia.com
Thats the only one available
Other than After Burner, Outrun 2 is basically the only other worthwhile game on the list for the lindbergh.
It has a really good PC port too

Can xebra quick save and quick load?

bump

None whatsoever

>Most inportant of all, how do you even know byuu got it right this time around?
You don't
Byuu himself wanted other people to dump the games to verify his dumps.

>>runs better in PCSX2 outside of the font being harder to read
Dolphin is less optimized than PCSX2 for anything that isn't Mario.

I don't really follow Dolphin, but didn't the main dev move on from the project and it's sort of just in limbo in terms of actual progress?

Not really
Dolphin gets multiple commits almost every day. Its probably being worked on the most out of all emulators, its just that all the work is focused on whatever the latest bandwagon is while old known issues are largely ignored.

>but didn't the main dev move on from the project and it's sort of just in limbo in terms of actual progress
not him, but I think what you're saying is true. I'm not aware of any recent improvements that were significant.

Magic Kid GooGoo is now playable in Mesen. Emulation is saved.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5ucot0/magic_kid_googoo_finally_dumped/

I see.
Haven't had the chance to deal with Dolphin yet as I'm still going through my PS2 backlog. Hopefully by the time I get to it it'll be pretty good. Most of the GameCube games I want to try that aren't 1st party.

Is Skyward Sword playable on Dolphin?

yep.

You need a wiimotion plus and its buggy

I'm new, so sorry if this a common problem with an easy solution.

I followed the instructions on the emulation wiki for downloading Wii U games, got the USA version of Super Mario 3d World and converted it to Loadiine format. When I run the game I get a black screen with the HUD overlayed on top. Is there any way to fix this?

bump

Does anyone know how to fix this shit with the floor shadows? Nothing about it on the wiki page.

I played that game recently and didn't have that problem. Is Dual core off?

Do you have anisotropic filtering enabled?

Disabling Scaled EFB copy fixed it.

>soon
Last commit 3 years ago.

pls responde

Cemu 1.7.2 leak when?

February 24th feels like next year

I want to play some tropical freeze

I'm over the dualboot meme.
Is there a guide with good info on vga and pci pass through with QEMU/KVM? The documentation on the subject seems to be lacking. I cant even be sure if the i7 6700K has VT-d or not.

>I cant even be sure if the i7 6700K has VT-d or not.
my i7-3770 did so I can only assume yours does

Most K parts are gimped because the goy can't have access to overclocking and virtualization tech at the same time.
I unfortunately brought a CPU not long before the shitwrecker fixed it.

well anyway there's usually a switch in BIOS so it's easy to find out

Pathway to Glory is amazing, but that's it

The BIOS says it's enabled but the Linux kernel says it's not.

>the Linux kernel
maybe the flag was off at compile time?

Seems I forgot to enable it.

Yeah I wasted a good afternoon once when I forgot to enable nfs-kernel flags

Yay cant boot when it's enabled. good fun.

Is DK64 mostly bug free and playable today?

>DK64
>bug free
lol

I'll take what I can get. Is the rampant geometry warping and stretching gone at least?

Is there an Andoird emulator that allows you to realtime debug native code both ARM and x86? Do I need gdb or someshit?

Bump.

Any news updates on byuu's lost PALset?

In terms of emulation or the game in general? I can't say for the emulation, but watching speedrunners play through DK64 gives you an idea of how glitchy the game is.

youtube.com/watch?v=LscZrRhH6B4&list=PLYHNB0RWLtRYiW83k1BgVNx7j4rD6Ze9T

They were stolen by a minimum wage, minimum IQ postal employee and likely sold for crack money.

Is that confirmed at this point?
Surely the company will therefore reimburse him?

Its probably one of the best examples of karma

>Surely the company will therefore reimburse him?
The package had improper insurance because the guy who sent them was a welfare leech trying to cheat the system again.