Everyone keeps telling me I'll regret getting an automatic version of this car...

Everyone keeps telling me I'll regret getting an automatic version of this car. My dad has the second gen and the automatic is still plenty of fun. I'm just happy enough to be getting a car.

Why would you ever get the performance version of a car in automatic? Leave this board and never return.

You will get it, have fun for a bit, then spend the rest of the car's life wishing you had bought the manual.

automatic is always the superior choice when it comes to a dd

edgelords need to fuck off

>edgelords

I agree this is going to be my daily driver for all of college. I plan to save and buy an NSX, my dream car, after college and keep the TSX for a while as my daily driver.

Will you get an automatic NSX too

Don't let the manual supremacists dictate you, OP. Enjoy your car and don't give a shit about what anyone else says.

This, people who prefer a manual drive a manual and people who prefer automatic prefer automatic. They both work at moving a vehicle down the road at different speeds. You will be fine either way

>You will be fine either way
until the transmission takes a dump. Then by the repair bill alone, you'll wish you'd gotten the manual

This make sure the fluid's been changed every 50,000km or you'll be replacing it like the previous owner of mine did for 2 grand

I seriously wonder what people do to their cars to wreck a transmission. I've been driving for almost 30 years and I've never once had to do anything to a transmission except get normal maintenance done.

The accord autos from certain years are known for grenading if the fluid isn't changed on schedule.
Also for any auto they can get ruined going from reverse to drive quickly or coasting in neutral.

Like most things, it's mostly driver error. Like people who burn out their clutch then bitch that their car has a shitty clutch.

Where do I get this kit
How much is it

That looks incredibly cool to me.

You don't really want that kit...

I don't really want that kit.

>tfw i didn't know yuro/jp 8th gen accords were different bodies

It wouldn't fit on a burger accord would it? Welp.

I'm pretty sure it was sold as an Acura in burger land.

It 100% looks like an Acura TSX.

Why does the US get jewed so fucking hard?

its s a mugen kit.
get your money up

>Buying an automeme car
>Not a 3k civic

The problem is that they do nothing. The ATF gets used for 150000km and the transmission dies because it was burnt for 100000km.

Most older V6 accords overheat and burn the ATF and the trans eats itself over time. Honda automatics also have no filter for the fluid, when Honda dealerships rebuild a transmission they install an inline filter. They also overengineered a synthetic ATF that out performs every kind of ATF out there called DW-1 to fix the issue instead of recalling millions of transmissions, but this means nothing because DW-1 was released in 2011. Just today I changed the Z-1 in my 2010 Accord to DW-1.

The solution is changing the Z-1 dino ATF to the synthetic DW-1 to tolerate the higher temps and a $25 inline magnetic filter which you change every 50k. A $60 ATF cooler is a good idea too if you're going to redline it everywhere in the city.

Late '90s/ early '00s USDM V6 Hondas had disastrously bad automatic transmissions. 4-cylinder models were generally fine. But it was a lot more than just a maintenance issue - they were just underdesigned.

>getting a car
Getting a car? Yes, be happy about whatever you get. When you're buying a car from scratch, try both transmissions and pick for yourself.

Good point I'll definitely try to test a drive a manual as well.

>DD a mugen accord

JUST GET A NORMAL AUTOMATIC HONDA FUCK
THEYRE STILL FUN
THEYRE CHEAP
YOU CAN MOD IT IF YOU WANT FOR MORE FUN

You stupid fucking chimp

How many times are you going to make this thread?

You will hate owning the automatic or a second gen.

Hold out for a manual first gen TSX.

>honda's best FWD shifter ever.
>son you should get an automatic your leg will tire in traffic.

Just.jpg

Don't. The automatics in these had big problems.