Be Canadian

>be Canadian
>go to America
>have to pay tolls literally everywhere
>toll roads are somehow in worse condition than non-toll roads
>pot holes in New York, Jersey, and Connecticut are so bad that destroying wheels and fucking up your suspension is a semi-regular occurance
>some toll booths in Florida and Jersey have a literal bucket where you have to toss coins into it
>literally 3rd world tier
>they don't even detect the coins, drive off anyway
>single bridge in lower NY actually has a civilized system where they scan your plate and mail you the toll
>doesn't even work, though I'm not complaining about that
>tolls into NYC are $15
>wouldn't bitch if it was actually posted before an exit
>Some toll booth operator tells me that the lower level of the GW bridge into NYC is free
>go there only to find that it's been closed for a year and that I have to pay the $15 to use the upper level
>no you can't turn around, now pull $15 out of your ass

God damn it America, you're supposed to be a global super power. Put some pressure on your politicians to fix your failing infrastructure

Other urls found in this thread:

gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap?z=4&lng=-96.591588&lat=37.64883485674102
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

10 times the traffic of Canadian roads

10 times the people to pay taxes

You went to shitty east coast.
No tolls around west coast.
Also toll roads are privately owned in most cases

When I drove to Toronto the roads seemed pretty much the same as America (except detroit)

Maybe slightly worse than Kentucky

>he thinks everyone pays taxes
our own president didn't even pay them right

>he doesn't know that a good chunk of gas prices are taxes for fixing roads

>single bridge in lower NY actually has a civilized system where they scan your plate and mail you the toll

All Chicago and surrounding metro area tolls have this, except it actually works and the roads are 99% pothole free.

Fucking Chicago has a better infrastructure than New York. Imagine that.

Here in the south, almost every state will have some sort of scanner that is universal, or they'll scan your plate and mail you the toll.

Atlanta was actually pretty nice desu, but I've never driven there during the 1 centimetre of snow fiasco

If he didn't pay them right then he'd get fined and arrested for tax fraud

Why do you think they call it "Jew York"?

I live in Tennessee. I haven't payed a toll since a family vacation to Florida seven years ago.

Gotta pay for those those cops extra to wrangle up libtards protesting in front of Trump Tower

Peach pass in Atlanta worked great, bit the fucking EZ pass up north required you to slow down to a crawl for it to detect it

Meanwhile the scanner for the 407 in Toronto works even if you're gunning through it at like 130kmh
Expensive but it's fucking worth it since that highway is almost entirely concrete and devoid of poorfags who wouldn't think twice about changing lanes into you and speeding off

Lmao

That's what happens when you go to democrat states. They don't have any money and are corrupt.

The guy's been getting audited for the last 20 years and they haven't found anything?

>people bitch about Trump not paying his taxes
>his tax returns get illegally leaked
>find out he's been paying millions on his income
>people bitch that he hasn't been paying taxes on his net worth

>cagers getting booty-blasted because their unsustainable transportation method is becoming prohibitively expensive

>organ donors in charge of fiscal responsibility

because they're fucking retarded and don't realize networth doesn't mean jack shit

He leaked the one year he actually paid taxes.

Did you not see that Trump paid a 24% tax rate in 2005?

so?

Jersey fag here

Don't come. Fuck off we're full. Benny go home

No one wants to go to jersey

the fucking jets.

congrats on living in both the armpit and asshole of the US.

>Da sir Drumpf didn't pay his taxes!
>Actually he paid a tax rate higher than Hillary, Obama, and Bernie with a much higher income
>So?

oh I didn't know where you were going with that. I thought you were gonna get really pissy because he didn't pay some 35% or something

You obviously never drove in Michigan. We don't have any tolls, and we have the pothole filled road quality to prove it. None of that paying for shitty roads bs.

>willingly going to Michigan
The only people that do that are from Windsor doing some cross border shopping

>go to America
>have to pay tolls literally everywhere
They are examples of privatization. Instead of the government paying and maintaining the road, the gov't contracts out a private company to have temporary maintenance authority on the road. They charge tolls and maintain the road with any money left over being their profit. So many people say privatization works, and the roads are just another example of the success of american privatization.

Any pothole not repaired is extra profit for the current manager. If he is retiring in a year, he won't fix the potholes in order to get the biggest productivity profit sharing bonus. He will leave the repair bill to the successor to take care of.

Privatization does promote short term profiteering management tactics like that as well as corruption. It happens when managers think their career and personal profits are more important than their duty in taking care of their customers.

There's toll roads all over the west coast what are you talking about.

>NYC
theres your problem.

>live in midwest
>no tolls ever
>mix of good and bad roads
If it wasn't for the cold it'd be nice here

Hah! You wish. A couple of recent examples.

California. Gas taxes placed in the General Fund under Gov. Brown in order to make it appear that the State is solvent. Now wants to increase gas taxes and create a separate fund out of the increase for road repairs. IOW, current gas taxes are now for everything but roads.

Pennsylvania, sold a 30+ percent increase in gas taxes in each of the last three years in order to fund road repairs. Increased revenues from higher gas taxes instead used for police pensions.

There's lots more of course. You just can't give politicians money and expect results other than graft.

Taxes are never earmarked

>his tax returns get doctored and sent to a journalist to illegally leak
>everyone knows its bullshit

he's got in, showed some advisors how he's been cheating the system and they've done a dodgy and made it all up

Jersey fag here
>weather sucks so roads are constantly being destroyed by ice and salt
>some of the heaviest traffic density in the world causing wear
>government in the region is completely controlled by crooked politicians and the mob, who have been ingrained for over 100 years and are impossible to get rid of

Same thing in New Jersey just last election. That piece of shit Christie raised the gas tax by 23 cents and passed a law saying that the state can borrow money if it "projects" a surplus in the transportation fund. So like California that money is going nowhere.

Jews and burocrats

ITT: Canadian gets $100 in tolls mailed to him next month from the rental car agency for all the tolls that he thought "didn't work"

who?

I drove my own car, it's been over half a year and still haven't gotten anything

canadians gets to drives on toll lanes and bridges for free just fyi.

reasoning is that all the states have not made a deal with the canadian government therefore they will never be able to pull up their mailing address

>NY is shit
>Come on America
We're called the United STATES nerd. New York is a cess pit of degeneracy and you only prove my point because you were there. If you come to the American South (Not Florida because it's just New York II: Crocodile Edition) the roads are in pretty good shape due to no snow/ice and there's tons of cool cars that aren't rusted through.

>didn't even read the thread

>He thinks Canadian's dmv will give out address to random private companies

>Conspiracy theorists

Americans are used to it

>Chicago
>the roads are 99% pothole free.
WEW

>You just can't give politicians money and expect results other than graft.
Politicians become corrupt. That's what happens when private companies want government contracts. They hire friends and family of the politicians and also make contracts with small businesses owned by family and friends.

Before you say there are laws preventing a politician from giving contracts to his own company, there are holding companies that are twice removed and "owned" by a puppet president. That makes it legal. The president can't cheat because the directors only take orders from a separate corporation which is wholly owned by the politician. A variation of these for-profit companies is the non-profit foundation version such as the Clinton Foundation. While it does good, it also steers contracts to "deserving" individuals and "deserving" corporations.

>Also toll roads are privately owned in most cases
The toll roads in washington are run by the government and seem to do pretty well. They generate a surplus which is used for road repairs not just on the toll road, but the other roads as well. The toll roads are well maintained and I have not seen any potholes in the government-run roads.

Sure, one can say that all tolls are really in the "general fund" because the state then shifts money out roads and leaves the toll money to pay for things because it is designated for roads only.

If you haven't purchased a monthly or semi-annual or annual pass subscription, then the scanner will send you the toll in the mail. It's quite a bit larger.

Well maybe we'll get some sort of New Deal like policy to create jobs and fix our failing infrastructure. Probably not though.

Yo fellow Winds/o/ite

Toll roads in Texas are actually good but I can't say the same for the rest of the roads

kek
I'll bet you believe obama is a kenyan muslim too
Tin foil must be on too tight

A conspiracy involves more than one person retard
Trump literally just "leaked" one year of tax returns to make himself look good
It's pretty transparent

>Concrete

Is Canada the new Russia or something?

Pennsylfaggot detected

Please stay in your drug addicted, incest-filled containment state

Concrete is superior to asphalt

He paid them to the letter of the law my man. Should be mad that the lawmakers are too regarded to draft legislation properly.

you should fucking kill yourself

Nigga what?

Concrete is superior to asphalt

>less maintenance
>much longer life span
>decreased rolling resistance for increased fuel economy

I know the kiddies on Veeky Forums are borderline brain damaged, but come the fuck on

>less maintenance
Doesn't it like snow in Canada? Don't they use salt? Snow will fuck it up for sure.
My country has abandoned them because of that.
>much longer life span
Yeah but nobody will want to drive on them because they will be all fucked up.
>decreased rolling resistance for increased fuel economy
Can't you just like. Buy an energy saving tires? And check your pressure and shit? And you will get better mileage everywhere not just on one highway...

The 407 is concrete almost the entire way and they use the same salt on it as they do on regular asphalt roads, and it's been smooth and in much better shape than the surrounding asphalt roads for the 10 years I've been using it

>Can't you just like. Buy an energy saving tires? And check your pressure and shit? And you will get better mileage everywhere not just on one highway...
Yeah man, just get everyone to change to Prius tires
Fact of the matter is that the hundreds of thousands of collective kilometres traveled on that single low rolling resistance highway saves thousands of litres of fuel every day

Salt? Do you live in the 1900s? Big concrete pads are by far better than asphalt.

>doesn't randomly buckle and sag during spring thaw
>less chance of random sinkholes
>can be replaced/repaired one section at a time

>come to america
>theres more people in all of california than all of canada
>goes to east coast(nyc)
>most dense place in US
>why is it so much money
fuck off back to your igloo snow nigger

That doesn't really prove anything except that your asphalt is inferior to ours.
>Yeah man, just get everyone to change to Prius tires
And why the hell not? You don't need MAD!!1! tirez for your DD.

>Salt? Do you live in the 1900s?
No. Europe.

What kind of shitty nigga grade asphalt do you use overseas? Are you saying you spergs are unable to repair/replace one section of asphalt at a time?

What kind of shitty nigga grade concrete do you use overseas?

You are both foggots and wrong. Concrete and asphalt look like shit 2 days after construction and need replacing every other year.

Cobblestone master race

Let me just use some shitty Prius all seasons in these kind of conditions
Did you ever think that winter tires have a higher rolling resistance than your economy tires?

You fucking nigger

The autobahn is made out of cobblestone, right?

>Using shitty dissolving Jewish rock to pave your roads
>2017

Literally the busiest highway in North America runs through Toronto

>Really shitty one.

Oh, her majesty the Queen has visited us. Nice.

What???

Nice meme you got there bro.

>watching news
>TRUMP TAX LEAKED
>NOT ONLY DID HE PAY TAX 10 YEARS AGO BUT HE PAID A LOT OF TAX
>HOLY LIVIGIN SHIT DRUMPFH DOES IT AGAIN!!!!
they are so desperate

lel Europoors

Enjoy your $6 a litre gas prices that make filling up 1L shitboxes expensive

>That doesn't really prove anything except that your asphalt is inferior to ours.

You clearly don't live in an area where the temperature will change from 10* below freezing to 15* above freezing in a day. Asphalt doesn't like that.

>Are you saying you spergs are unable to repair/replace one section of asphalt at a time?

No, what I meant was the down time.

>drill into pad
>pull it up
>put a pre-formed pad in its place

Done. Takes literally 4 hours. With asphalt you've gotta dig the old shit up, make sure the base is still good & level, pour the new shit, flatten it, and let it cure. Or if you're autistic, you just put new asphalt over the old layer and deal with potholes never.

>live in part of the world where the environment basically rapes cars and roads and all other types of shit that isnt designed to deal with it
>complain about it

tollways are decent compared to non tollways in chicago, thats about it

It's just 4$ and 70c! :(

No. No I don't and I'm kinda glad that shit like that doesn't happen in central Europe.
Unfortunately I don't think that repair downtime has anything to do with the actual time it takes to repair anything on our roads...

But I do agree that if you live in condition that has 20+ degrees variability in temperature then concrete is the way to go.

I think it was named the busiest in the world a couple years back

*4$ and 70c per gallon
(didn't notice you used litres so I automatically converted it to burger units)

Horseshit the police department I dispatch for can (and does frequently-Massachusetts) run Canadian Regis and DL's all the time. That info is shared with the US seamlessly

Good for the OP tho if he never hears from anybody. Seems like the roads around me that are tolled are twice as bad as untolled roads

>can't not go deaf from road noise doing any more than 90km/h

Woo lad

Every fucking year they're fixing asphalt roads in Canada, especially with how temperature changes have been more extreme these past few years

But politicians just want to show how they're saving money and get cheaper asphalt
Savings from concrete don't start to show until decades after they're done their term

And think about all the collective hours wasted by everyone during construction, all that wasted fuel and potential economic growth

>I drive a Lada Riva

your estimate is litteraly 4 times the actual price of gas in denmark

I drive an Equinox and it's fucking awful. Doing a reasonable ~120km/h it's literally hard to hear my passenger talking and I can't make out what people are saying at all when using my phone (Bluetooth)

I can hold a conversation just fine in my 20 year old Boxster while cruising at 120 km/h on a concrete highway, though this is with an OE hardtop

oh look, another enlightened foreigner who went to fucking NYC and thinks NYC = america

Population centres are the only place that matter, keep being butthurt about living in a flyover state

I'm pretty sure that's the Jersey Turnpike.

I'm from new england, none of those states are flyover states dude.

Stay mad about being in a shithole state. Enjoy your shitty laws and higher crime.

It isn't

Concrete is prohibitively expensive to pave the entire US road net.

I'd rather pay low gas taxes and drive my truck and motorcycles. Truck ignores bumps, bikes dodge them, problem solved.

SC FTW. Fuck paying for anything I don't have to.

gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap?z=4&lng=-96.591588&lat=37.64883485674102