How did Akio keep his license? Can you really just crash your car every couple of months and keep going?

How did Akio keep his license? Can you really just crash your car every couple of months and keep going?

>keep his license

by not dying

>keep insurance

the real mystery

Would you insure a race car? Mystery solved.

Wouldn't you lose your license from being in that many high speed crashes, or at least have it suspended?

I think Akio was autistic

is this the initial D prequel?

He passed up three chick's he could fuck
One was a hot teacher that desperately wanted his D
the other had some incest fantasy shit going on
And the sexy gtr celebrity chick

Dude was autistic for sure

>is this the initial D prequel?
Nah, author made it clear that touge was lame
One episode Akio took the z into the mountains and remarked how boring slow curves were

I want to enjoy this anime but I hate the art style and Akio is too similar to Takumi It kinda just makes me want to go and watch Initial D instead.

This
Nigga was more autismo than takumi

And the anime ended with that gtr chick still chasing after him

You kidding?
Dagumi is the opposite of Akio

Akio has ALWAYS loved cars and racing and mechanics.
Akio has a decent knowledge of cars and mechanics and knows how to fix and repair and build cars all on his own, he didn't have anyone teach him about driving at least for a long time, and he's always been passionate about cars and racing, and he's lost a decent amount of races so you never knew what would happen.

Dagumi hated cars, hated racing, had absolutely no clue how to diagnose or repair his car, he didn't even own a car, and just borrowed his dad's his whole life, Dagumi has no passion for ANYTHING, he had girls wanting him, ppl wanted to race with him and he couldn't care less, and he ended up becoming a jerry sue were he'd win almost EVERY race so it became boring to watch cause you knew what would happen.

But Takumi learns to love cars over time and gains knowledge about them. That's his character arc. His dad had made it a chore so he had no interest, but his subconscious had always loved driving.

Z is fucking sexy. I assume you need to be a millionaire in Japan find one nowadays.

takumi never really learns anything about cars, everyone does the work for him and he treats his car like shit, getting upset like a little baby when it goes bang from slamming the rev limiter for minutes on end
akio rebuilds a smashed up car from the get go

More importantly, where the fuck can I read the full manga? I'm yet to find a single issue after Z31/R32

In fourth stage he is shown to be as knowledgeable as any other member of Project D when he hangs out with the Speed Stars again, commenting on why the upgraded ae85 feels like it does. He's is also shown discussing tuning at points with the mechanic team IIRC.
>Z-cars
>expensive
Granted you're buying more rust than car

The first like 5 episodes of this we're shit and I couldn't keep watching it.
>Interesting intro
>Just keeps doing the same highway race and dramatically crashing over and over

It gets much better trust me

>wangan scans starts scanning, translating and uploading the manga
>after a very short period and few chapters they gave up and ended up translating ecchi crap

So much potential squandered.

As far as I know, there's an official english translation for the Chinese/Singaporean market. Pretty rare though, all I can find are japanese manga.

Fuck, I kept thinking the same thing. The kind of crashes Akio was involved in surely would've killed him. I can understand that the car survives crashes because it's devil incarnate, such a thing doesn't affect my suspension of disbelief, but a retard teenager crashing in a 70s car at 200 kmh+ and emerging unscathed from the wreck? Nah, fuck it.

Still, the whole anime is a waste of potential. Some great stuff but also plenty of characters that had no development or closure at all, the ending was fucking mediocre at best but at least it didn't get too much into gringy superhuman aura glowing wings shit like Initial D.

Still, the intro song is amazing and the attention to technical detail in regards to cars was great.

You didnt actually watch inital D did you?

At least not all of it.

Muh devilZ... The whole thing is based on a true story..

Isn`t a lot of it inspired by Mitto Naito Kurabu?

Bullshit it's based on a true story

I believe the characters are based on real MNC members and the "Devil Z" was real. The Blackbird Porsche certainly is. Whether or not the Z was driven by some high school fuckup is beyond me.