>$7,500 federal tax credit
>$2,500 state (CA) rebate
>relatively affordable price at $35k starting
>autopilot available if approved, likely first in the nation in my state
>unique styling
>respectable, perhaps excellent, acceleration
>superlative safety

am I missing something here?

I've got a less than 200mi round trip to major destinations in my area, plus charging stations along all major routes in the nation according to Tesla's map

I plan on selling my old commuter car, a 2013 Subaru Impreza, and replacing it with the AWD Model 3. With the trade in/sale value of my old car, plus the tax credits/rebates, and with how cheap car loans are, this seems like a no-brainer.

Any reason not to?

Other urls found in this thread:

insideevs.com/need-your-tesla-model-s-or-x-serviced-be-prepared-for-a-wait/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tesla

>Any reason not to?

It'll be 10 years before you get your car, if you ever do

You don't have a licence and your mom just renewed your bus pass.

Fuck off.

reservation is refundable. also apparently cali gets these things first

Charging stations are becoming more and more common, but you still have to sit there and wait for half an hour if you go on a long road trip. Also, I'm sure the public chargers will be full most of the time post-Model 3 release as there will be a massive influx of new Tesla drivers. The long "refueling" time will only exacerbate this problem. That said, if you mostly commute within battery range, charge at home and don't do road trips often its probably a great choice.

>Charging stations powered by fossil fuels

Nice meme!

>He lives in a region not powered by hydro and nuclear.
Do you warm your house with coal too? lol

so, you'll be at the back of the line which means when you get yours, it'll have all the kinks worked out, and i'm confident it'll be a really nice zippy daily driver that's pretty unique in general

but you won't get yours until like 2020 or possibly even later

>Uranium isn't a fossil fuel/non renewable resource

They're really heavy and there are other hybrid cars that go farther, cost less and use less fuel/electricity

>am I missing something
An engine

Sure, go ahead and buy one. But I wouldn't trade in the Subaru shitbox if I were you. Use the Tesla as a DD commuter and the Impreza as your road trip mobile so you don't have to fuck with public charging stations

yes, yes.
we need beta testers.

still more efficient than ICE.

>Uranium isn't a fossil fuel
Correct, excellent user
>non renewable resource
Still better for the environment than coal

Autopilot is a meme for tech illiterates. It is literally just adaptive cruise control. The Mercedes s class could fully navigate highway lanes autonomously about two years ago. The only thing unique is smart summon, but that will be shit as Tesla will give it too many safety precautions that will stop the vehicle to void any liability as they can't blame the driver.

Literally no reason not to.
If I wasn't living in Canada fucking land, id get it too.

Amazing price. Great rebates. Instant torque. Will be faster than 90% of cars on road.

Get it OP. Tesla is the future. In 10 years they will look at internal combustion engines as a shitty meme.

BUY IT BUY IT

Literally a perfect car

I've been waiting for that image to be posted for ages, thanks

Tesla makes american cars. They have cobbled together interiors, rougher rides than European contemporaries, can't turn, are pigfat, overheat, have all the torques, and fast in a straight line. I like the feel of american cars, but know what you're getting into.

I like Tesla as a company and investment, but look down upon it's cult fan base. I don't hate them, as because of them I profit whenever musk announces anything. Musk is a great buisness man, not a great engineer. Now, his engineering skills are part of his success, being being able to properly communicate and be literate with new technology is what allows him to lead these companies.

Tesla is a success in buisness, not in engineering. Teslas are assembled with a majority of off shelf parts, with few actual innovations. Musk knew to go after the high-end market at a time when government incentives would allow profit. He also created a cult that follows him, providing publicity, public trust, investments, and most importantly makes him an authority figure. Like said, dumb people think this stuff is new. Don't listen to any retard that calls it perfect or the future, buy it because it it meet the demands of fuel efficiency, muscle, and aesthetics/image. If anything, these cars arnt future proof, as new battery tech will be developed now, and the batteries in these cars start losing charge after 8-10 years.

>Teslas are assembled with a majority of off shelf parts
Everything you said was mostly wrong/uninformed, but this was the worst offender

really poor quality control, their model x was nearly cancelled over control problems.

literally never get in an accident or need repairs, otherwise you're golden user.

insideevs.com/need-your-tesla-model-s-or-x-serviced-be-prepared-for-a-wait/

With those huge government subsidies it seems like a decent buy.

If you have the money, and charging stations are plentiful where you plan to go regularly, it isn't any worse than a normal vehicle.

If you care about stuff other than going from point A to point B, you should probably consider something else, but it doesn't seem like that's a problem for you.

It's your money, do what you want.

Um, no

It was one of the most important parts of the plan. Tesla has made many deals with other automakers like Mercedes Benz and Toyota to exchange designs and tax credits for access to these components. The gigafactory is being built by Panasonic, who also designed the batteries in the Tesla. Tesla needed off the shelf components to properly supply demand in the early stages of infrastructure growth. The model s was always designed to be AWD, but the top trim RWD model was released because the resources for two small motors weren't available.

Nothing I said was wrong, maybe a bit of hyperbole in describing the American attributes but they still don't handle well. The main innovation is the system design, chassis, and cooling system. Tesla released alot of patents on the vehicle because they use off the shelf parts. All of the parents where just how to apply these components to the model s. The actually interesting patents are still held firmly.