Who is the best drifter on Veeky Forums?

Who is the best drifter on Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fz50hqWrHUY
youtube.com/watch?v=qYYK13DfSoM
youtube.com/watch?v=2-W9aCJxx6M
shelbyengines.com/products/shelby-series-1-aurora-crate-engine
youtu.be/WCaaJPEdAzQ
youtu.be/f9M5-9Zj7Ug
youtu.be/sZnJuoFeKyQ
youtu.be/lnJWP2hXHDY
youtu.be/sdtTOvmXevs
youtu.be/6C894yDDH7I
youtu.be/usMsaYrfV90
youtu.be/m7EYmSmp4xw
youtube.com/watch?v=QXmMkjKczjU&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=qqeNxdyp5CE
youtube.com/watch?v=pMyu5uj1T8U
youtube.com/watch?v=JuC4aL-4-n0
youtube.com/watch?v=MkUOxJv4jmA
youtu.be/Xx-0AB5akow
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1489090484179.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1490115604041.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im gay

Equinox.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fz50hqWrHUY

Shingo

he drives FF to give others a chance

Civic?

some say he only has a few simple mods but it runs like rape ape so he had to turn VTEC off

VTEC?

anyone got the picture of the waifu list

We need an American initial d about backroads racing and a pizza delivery driver with his trusty foxbody

I would watch that unironically

Sounds awesome. What year would it take place in?

gracias amigo.
It'd be high school all over again. Shitboxes, foxbodies, and sn95s galore. I remember a thread where Veeky Forums decided American Ryosuke and Keisuke would drive c4 and c5 corvettes.

You forgot Kazumi. Itsuki deserved better.

scotty kilmer

Scotty's been killing mercedes fags on the downhill for 60 years

The finale can be against a "new" Supra.

Literally who?

needs to be late 90s so the foxbodies would be thought of as old like takumi's 86

>understands her own vehicle
Lol she fucked up her piping and had to get bailed out by rotard #2.

>I remember a thread where Veeky Forums decided American Ryosuke and Keisuke would drive c4 and c5 corvettes.

I remember that thread. Wish I had saved the entire cast of characters and their cars....

The real question is, what engine does american Takumi's dad swap in the foxbody after his boy blows up the stock 5.0

>there were only six women in Initial D (counting Shinji's mom)

Huh... Wangan Midnight had much better gender balance in retrospect.

Oh wait, there was Kazumi too, and that one-off friend of Mogi's. But none of them but Mogi and gril Takumi were regular characters...

There was Kaori also

98 4.6l modular.

not exotic enough, it would need to be something like a crate NASCAR motor his dad took as payment for running moonshine across the mountain

Spiderman

Be a bit more realistic and replace Sprint Cup with say Craftsman Series or ARCA series

For shits and gigs, suggest replacements (names unchanged for ease of listing):

>Dagumi: Foxbody Mustang 5.0 Hatchback (aero nose) [engine later swapped for 4.6L Modular?- Lincoln had the 4v version as early as '93]
>Itsuki: Foxbody Mustang V6 Hatchback (four-eye nose)
>Turbo AE86 guy: Mercury Capri 2.3 Turbo
>Shinji: Foxbody Mustang 5.0 Notchback (aero nose)

>Iketani: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 IROC-Z
>Kenji: Pontiac Firebird Formula 350
>Kenta (S14 kid): Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (fourth gen, pre-facelift)
>Two Guys from Tokyo: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (fourth gen, catfish)
>Mako and Sayuki: Transmaro/Camarobird (front end of a third gen Camaro attached to a third gen Firebird)

>Nakazato: Buick Grand National (only because the blacked-out GN package matches better than a standard T-type)
>Shingo: ??? (at a total loss here)

>Keisuke: Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06
>Ryosuke: Corvette C4 ZR1

>SW20 MR2 guy: Pontiac Fiero GT V6

fantastic list, but I agree with
American Dagumi's dad needs to swap in something more exituc than a 4.6 Modular

>American Dagumi's dad needs to swap in something more exituc than a 4.6 Modular

he's going to give it the ecoboost swap.

Could always go the opposite direction and do in a more period-specific fashion- swap in something objectively more powerful but smaller, like an SHO V6 or something, and instead of it being an ass-pull to make Dagumi win more races, work it into the plot as he has to finally learn that there's more to life than displacement.

Oh, and the old guy in the Mercedes who pays Mogi to be cute is instead an old guy in a 20-foot-long Chrysler Newport who pays Mogi to fuck him silly.

what about a SVT cobra engine, or a terminator?

m8 they were fucking

That's a 4v Modular.

Were they? Fuck it, I dunno, I thought it was that weird thing the Japs have where there's no actual touching, enjo kasai or whatever the hell it's called. I don't want to Google it lest I end up on a list.

>Shingo
Ford Focus SVT or Fiesta Mk3

b-but there's n-no r-replacement for d-displacement.

The whore that broke Itsuki heart. Wataru's sister, dude.

yeah, compensated dating, it's not necessarily & inherently prostitution but it's an easy gateway for girls to get pressured into and that kinda thing. kinda fucked up. but yeah iirc they showed them going to a hotel among other hints

>Itsuki
You mean that fag who talks big, but ain't shit. Dude is so fuckin stupid he didn't even look at his engine before buying that ae85 to make sure it wasn't an ae85.

So plot-irrelevant she didn't end up in the image, or rather has so little character development there isn't even a "Takumi in a wig" joke to be made.

Neither the first gen Focus nor the third gen Fiesta were sold stateside, were they?

Dagoomi pls.

(other character redesigns when)

99 was the first year for the Focus in the US and the SVT Focus ZX3 released in 2002

Would eurobeat be replaced with thrash metal or techno? The most important of questions.

Dadrock.

How the fuck is this even a question.

Dodge Neon could work too.

Oldsmobile Quad 442

Itsuki was there for 2 reasons:

1. Comic relief.
2. A contrast to Takumi to show that most people into cars and racing are only human and too pussy to actually drive hard.

P.S. For the sake of this thread, I'm fucking amazing at holding powerslides through tight corners or 90° intersections, but when it comes to long sweepers at 90 mph I can swing the rear but I'm too pussy to hold it at that speed. I'm still honestly one of the best 10 drifters on Veeky Forums.

I started learning "drifting" in 2007 by doing progressively-wider donuts in empty parking lots with the STi I had then. I got my current lsd-miata in 2008 and that really took things to the next level. By 2010 I would powerslide corners on the road every now and then. Nowadays I almost always slide all the way through at least 2 or 3 corners almost every day. I've spun out plenty of times but I've never run off the road or crashed.

I live in the middle of fucking nowhere, Alabama near a lake with a ton of scenic hilly, curvy, pothole-free roads so there are lots of opportunities to test shit out with no one around.

>having a car as neat as that driven by a jerk like shingo
fuuuuck

>"i powerslide through intersections"
>"im still honestly one of the best 10 drifters on Veeky Forums"
there are more than 10 people on Veeky Forums with actual drift cars who regularly go to actual events
you arent shit. fuck off

meet me on the toegay, saturday 10pm. bring your a-game bud, you're gonna need it.

>P.S. For the sake of this thread, I'm fucking amazing at holding powerslides through tight corners or 90° intersections, but when it comes to long sweepers at 90 mph I can swing the rear but I'm too pussy to hold it at that speed. I'm still honestly one of the best 10 drifters on Veeky Forums.
shut the fuck up faggot this is an inidial USA thread

I go to track days, does that count? (I know, it doesn't).

But really, Veeky Forums has been my homepage since 2009 and I've never seen people posting pics / vids of themselves at drift events.

The mt. Cheaha downhill is under 2 hours from me, the bikers are still cruising at 10pm though. Let's do 1:30 am where we only have deer and coyotes to contend with.

Fair point. I just wanted an excuse to insert a Quad4 car into this theoretical story.

>I've never seen people posting pics / vids of themselves at drift events
luek moar, newfag

ME
youtube.com/watch?v=qYYK13DfSoM

What book is this?

Itsuki is basically Veeky Forums reincarnated. Poorfag and benchracer.

damn that video is actually so boring i should probably delete it.
youtube.com/watch?v=2-W9aCJxx6M

Encyclopedia of American Cars. My parents got it for me as a gift for my 11th birthday. Even then, they knew I was a car bore.

Neat, thanks. I'll have to look it up.

That faggot double cock blocks Iketani and Takumi in a matter of 2 minutes in after Takumi's race with Mako in 1st stage.

here.
Why isn't Takumi sporting a 1979 AMC Spirit AMX? Weight-wise and power wise, it falls in line with the AE86. The only anarchism is the fact that the AMC is actually a weird vehicle in comparison to the thoroughly common AE86. Maybe I am missing something on the handling department, considering I don't have full chassis performance data on the car.

Because presumably American D would be more about straight lines than mountain passes, and in that case the Fox platform Mustang is an almost perfect replacement for the AE86 Trueno- an (at its time) extremely common car that isn't actually all that great stock but wound up with a massive fanbase who all modify it to their needs. It also has one top level trim everyone wants (5.0/GT-S/Apex) and that everyone fakes their lower end models to look like, came in a pre and post facelift variant (four-eyes or square-eyes/redline-rear AE86), has a sister car with different lights (Corolla Levin/Mercury Capri), and came in both 2-door coupe and 3-door hatchback versions.

Not straight lines, that's boring as fuck. Racing on backroads in the country where there's a mix of straight lines and curves

That just makes it even more fitting, Dagumi's famous plot armor careening his cant-turn burgerbox through corners at speeds no one had seen since last Sunday at the big oval.

>Shingo
he could smoke everybody in his dodge omni with a few simple mods

American D needs to take notes from Misfile, which varies the races by putting them not just on mountain roads, but snow-covered dirt tracks, sandy beach parking lots, and the spiraling road leading down into a dirt pit/mine pit/etc.

Back country roads are fine, but let's get some variety as far as course types. The touge is only so exciting when considering strategies, what cars work well, etc.

Also, Antonio DeGumi needs to lose more than just the races he pops engines in. And his dad should buy an import 4WD turbo later in the series to shock and offend his son into realizing that there's more to racing than just American cars.

I really want to see if I can convince my artist GF to do a few panels of this, but she's already working on a few projects and will probably break up with me for suggesting something so autistic.

problem with dirt tracks and sandy beaches is that you can't just take any car to race on them effectively. Rally is expensive as fuck and these kids are in high school.

L47 Aurora
shelbyengines.com/products/shelby-series-1-aurora-crate-engine

Remember that artist is only one letter away from autist.

>Cadillac engine in a Mustang

Initial D starts out in just the Gunma prefecture, in America would that be closer to ranging across an entire state or just counties of the states considering how big some are?

>dirt track covered in snow

>parking lot with sand piles in random places making it a pain in the ass to drive it

I'm not saying it has to be rallying, the protagonist of Misfile uses 2 Merkur XR4's with varying modifications (one has a 5.0 swap and the 4WD system ripped out of an XR4X4) so something could be made to work here.

>road course where the hazard isn't the snow but the three inches of salt thrown on top of it, forcing the drivers to take the fastest line possible lest they expose their cars to the metal-eating demons any second longer than they have to

Probably counties considering Japan itself is the size of California. Gunma is probably about New Jersey sized.

the more important question is:
what's going to be the american eurobeat?

That's pretty expensive to do. Especially if you don't install it yourself.

led zep, zz top, motorhead, and dire straits

Thrash Metal for fucking sure.

the thing about eurobeat was that it was foreign music that had found a domestic niche

true, i remember first watching initial D and finding the choice or music interesting and frankly weird as fuck, they didnt go with the usual japanese anime ballads like you'd expect

american D would probably have something equally out of place, like some sort of niche genre of music or something, a genre that would be completely associated with the series afterwards

Touhou Bakuon Jazz

Medley 1 - youtu.be/WCaaJPEdAzQ
Medley 2 - youtu.be/f9M5-9Zj7Ug
Medley 3 - youtu.be/sZnJuoFeKyQ
Medley 4 - youtu.be/lnJWP2hXHDY
Medley 5 - youtu.be/sdtTOvmXevs
Medley 6 - youtu.be/6C894yDDH7I
Medley 7 - youtu.be/usMsaYrfV90
Medley 8 - youtu.be/m7EYmSmp4xw

Me.

>>they didnt go with the usual japanese anime ballads like you'd expect
youtube.com/watch?v=QXmMkjKczjU&t=1s

Meh

Romanian-Gypsy music

Instead of wall tapping he invented a new drift move, tree tapping. Truly ahead of all of the Pro Drifters especially Tsuchiya

???
youtube.com/watch?v=qqeNxdyp5CE
youtube.com/watch?v=pMyu5uj1T8U
youtube.com/watch?v=JuC4aL-4-n0
youtube.com/watch?v=MkUOxJv4jmA

spanish darkwave punk

youtu.be/Xx-0AB5akow

>tfw I dated IRL Mogi
Didn't make me better racer, desu.

Mako was a nice pure girl to be honest.Best girl along with golf Dagumi.

Nah actually that's what I had in mind.
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1489090484179.webm

>hating based cowtits
you know you're lying to yourself

Definitely 1 or 2 counties. States get pretty big and some states (see: Nevada) have huge as fuck counties. I personally think it would work on the east coast because of the Appalachian mountains and the beach being so close. I wouldn't have it North of Pennsylvania though.

American Dagumi dad should still import a GC8 WRX/STI halfway through the show to whip Dagumi for the added hilarity of it being ridiculously illegal.

holy kek

It would be like this i.4cdn.org/wsg/1490115604041.webm

I like it.

ASS ASS ASS I'M GONNA STEP ON THAT ASS

Me, because I actually own a car that can drift.

either classic rock

or preferably, garage rock/surf rock
but if this is going to be set in the 90's as well, it's going to have to be glam metal/rock