/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB44)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?29755

>Datamine (OB44)
smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-44-datamining-oracle-lawman-and-inara/

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Gfs3E
steamcharts.com/app/444090
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for Sky's ass

REMOVE

MAEVE

FROM

THE GAME

2nd for fernando is still the best looking

best addition since OB35

Well, as long as it's Soryu and not Shikinami it's okay.

Xth for he's not dead, not yet amigo.
He was used in tournament today and it was a flawless victory

now i understand why hi-rez is pushing this p2w garbage so hard, they saw OW loot box sales and they thought that they could make the same but they totally missed the point that OW loot boxes are 100% cosmetic shit

i want evie to crush my dick with her ice block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what Hi-Rez will say on Monday

About what?

Shitty 1???????????????????????????????????

man this thread sure is dead despite having season 1 announced

hows ruckus airship prime

Why even play Fernando or Barrik?

>comparing to fucking dead-on-arrival 3 launch
It's like comparing the trajectory of a WMD to that of a bottle rocket.

The most useful part is getting a extra dash desu, the whole going straight up thing is a little useful but it's not a really big deal.

About the dead thread I personally can't even test out all the stuff I want to test on the PTS because they didn't update the accounts there, and I don't have enough essence to craft the decks I want to try with the legendaries funny stuff hirez.

>Diablo III set a new record for fastest-selling PC game selling over 3.5 million copies in the first 24 hours of its release,[6] and was the best selling PC game of 2012, selling over 12 million copies during the year.[7]

Does that include the refunds because it was a shitty buggy game that didn't even function for a full week or two at launch, or is that conveniently left out?

i have no idea

i tried playing barik for the first time yesterday to try and get the engineer skins atleast

>we lost in less than 5 minutes

Barik is going to be pretty good in the new patch, except for the baricade talent.
Nando is dead, one can deny death for only so long.

It's fun if you want to try flanking Ruckus.

Probably nothing, or the usual Drybear's bs, lots of words but a little of substance.

How many loadout cards will we have not including the legendary?

Same as right now so if you pick the makoa leviathan legendary you'll still have 4 points to put into any other loadout card.

ded thread
postem

Daily reminder that Maeve ruined this game.

how likely is it that i earn 90k gold until season 1 drops?

If you're lucky, you'd get about 200 gold on a match. That means you need to play 450 matches in a row to get the 90k you need.

Why, I do know I'm pathetic

Has Hi Rez ever had a single successful game? It seems like all their games are just on the cusp of being successful, but never quite make it.

Smite has a pretty long shelf life, on its fourth season

Which ini and which settings do I change to lower post processing effects/particles to be basically shit cause my comp hates that, especially when I sha-lin ult in a teamfight?

>realized that all five WOTD's also give gems
FUCK IM RETARDED

>two matches in a row
>I'm 2050 elo
>puts my teammates as 1200s
>other team as 1500-1700

I can't carry bots.

We were winning 3/1 and then they started capping. Somehow we managed to fuck them up.

holy shit are you me

second screenshot, the most important one

>maybe?

I know that feel, kinda.

I'm not that high elo but i got shit on last night and when i looked at the match data it was a similar case.
>wew

im bombking

>tfw 2300 elo drog
>tfw want to learn other champions
>tfw utterly abysmal at them
>tfw dropping so far down in the mm

Is this game worth getting into?

Bomb King looks >fun

he's a lot of fun

even if you're losing and just tunnelvisioning shitters like maeve

it's so good.

If you like throwing enemies off the point/map then he's just for you.

I heard they gave it some Russian F2P-tier grinding with an "essence" currency in the last patch. If there's a bunch of bullshit, I might as well get Overwatch.

anybody know how to tank elo reliably?

so when do you think people will realize k/d doesnt matter in this game?

It actually does, you are feeding credits to the enemy if you keep dying a shitton

People on streaks give more credits/ult charge on kill too

when they stop tracking k/d

>instalock ruckus on payload
>other 2 people pick healer and tank
>cant lose

what did hi-rez mean by this

i already had 5 games where we just steamrolled the enemy team

cant wait for the booster legendary card desu

There's gonna be a deathmatch mode soon though
I wonder if it will stop instalocking shitters

it doesnt matter in objectives when the other team wipes you at a bad time

Is it lagging bad for anyone else tonight?

Also how do i fix this shit to make it playable?

Reminder to use Drogoz before they kill him

Is the legendary system as bad as Reddit is making it out to be?

I don't think the legendary system is inherently bad. It's just the execution that's kinda shit. Make sure to keep in mind that we are in beta, so bad decisions like this are to be expected.

>we are in beta

It's been monetized for months at this point; to call it a beta is really stretching it at this point.

Good point, you got me there

Nah, they're probably over-dramatizing everything as usual. System can work, though quite a few cards feel rather lackluster.
What definitely needs adjusting is new card collecting system. Too much RNG and grinding in there.

>What definitely needs adjusting is new card collecting system. Too much RNG and grinding in there.

As a new-ish player, this what I find offputting since it seems to strongly favor people that have been grinding from before this change as well favor those that are willing to open up their credit cards.

Barik leggos are kinda shitty. Really small bonus damage to turrets, to weapon and more HP to the shield.

They don't. Hi-rez capped it at 90 Crystals per day max.

paladins guru score and elo are two different things user

Once you hit 2k elo you have three main options if you still want to have fun.
1: Find some 2k elo friends and pubstomp as a 5 man group
2: Make a smurf account and try to see how quickly you can make it back to 2k elo
3: Avoid that gamemode. Only play the other casual queue, pve and comp.

Hi-rez definitely has some sort of secret matchmaking formula for casual though and the guru elo is usually a decent estimate of where you are as a player.

>Once you hit 2k elo
Is 2k supposed to be good or something?

so how does the free crystals thing work
do I need to get 3 wins every day to get the maximum, or do they carry over to the next day?
if they don't, at what time do they reset?

I'm standing at around 1950 elo, fluctuates around that.

It's a complete nightmare. It really is stomp or be stomped, there's virtually no inbetween.

What's the person with the current highest elo? I was curious about that.

>System can work
sure, if they make creative cards instead of 40% MORE DAMAGE XD, and they make all legendary cards free or unlockable at different masteries like the wanted before

It's decent.

2500 elo here and for the past week I've been getting matched with people below mine. Like 1k below. Before it was pretty common to get matched with 2800 players but I don't know if Hi Rez touched something to make queue times shorter or maybe there is less people playing.

Paladins matchmaking is a fucking mystery to me.
Just swapping the 2090 and 1365 solo player would result in teams that have almost the same average elo.
But no, let's put both 1.3k players on the same team.

>when you comment on the great team composition and the tank switches to bomb king and proceeds to do the most godawful job

>playing comp on a casual game

Why

I never had a bomb king on my team with more than 20k damage.

Conversely, I had one that knew how to airburst his stickies with almost aimbot precision, god I never knew their AOE was so big when he was just nuking me and any other flanker trying to get him.

Friendly reminder to buy all the purple (5000 essence cost) and all the good blue (1250 essence cost) cards for all the heroes you care about even in the slightest while you still can get them with gold (so you can use all your essence for legendaries)

imgur.com/a/Gfs3E

>Friendly reminder to buy all the purple (5000 essence cost) and all the good blue (1250 essence cost) cards for all the heroes you care about even in the slightest while you still can get them with gold (so you can use all your essence for legendaries)

>imgur.com/a/Gfs3E

Friendly reminder to buy all the purple (5000 essence cost) and all the good blue (1250 essence cost) cards for all the heroes you care about even in the slightest while you still can get them with gold (so you can use all your essence for legendaries)

imgur.com/a/Gfs3E

thanks yo

does this happen to anyone else??

Any reason why I should buy the purple "nine lives heals more" card if I know that I'd never use that shit?

Drybear wants us to think that Hirez was listening to the community and they made this new card system as a response when in reality is just a desperate way of milking the cash cow before they eventually kill it.
I want this to backfire on them so bad.

You should've included some text in it so we could make it an epic meme reaction pic.

Yes, cases of cancer are growing around the world at alarming rates.

I grabbed all the purple cards for every hero just because 5000 essence cost sounds steep. I don't know why you wouldn't use patch up though I have it in my loadout at rank 2 and I made top 30 on the Maeve leaderboards

>less people playing.
its this

>party
because these guys are expected to be actually good

did I rub salt in my eyes? why is it so blurry

I don't see your point. There's parties in both teams. The team with the weaker party also has the weaker solo players.
It makes no sense whatsoever.

Getting a duplicate of that card would net you a lot of essence

It seems steady to me, with some slight increases.

steamcharts.com/app/444090

mmr is broken when theres a party in queue
mmr matched you to a game where theres a party of 3 without actually caring for elo

>tfw carrying noobs gives you more ELO than playing against people on your same skill level.

>durable
Maeve confirmed to have too much health.

That still doesn't explain why the solo players were distributed in the way they were.

mmr disregards elo when theres a party on queue and balances it to the nearest party count it can match people on

so mmr says fuck it theres 2 solo players there just put them in