How can anybody like these things?

How can anybody like these things?

It's literally just a family car with a rear wing. And it looks ugly as fuck too.

Other urls found in this thread:

carthrottle.com/post/nrxp9le/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it like you don't want prray game..

I think the new Civics look pretty solid.
And the whole charm behind them is that they're just everyday cars with a bit more power inside them, for a reasonable price.

They are maaad
I think there's a market for a mad reasonable priced family sports car

honestly, after seeing the red one, this doesn't look too terrible from the front in grey
>rear wing's stupid shaping though
>3 exhausts, the sizes dont even match
(w)ew lad

>It's literally just a family car
not with that ridiculous front

there would be an actual charm to a sleeper but this is definitely not a normal looking car.

>Reasonable priced family sports car
>family
>sports
>car
Does not compute. It's fwd trash sedan with rear wing. Even the base coupes are bloated as fuck with navigation, rear backup cameras, CRASH ASSISTANCEtm, and whatever other bullshit. The Ford Fiesta is regarded as a "good deal" just because it doesn't have all this bullshit.

it's complete madness how fucking obscenely SWOLLEN that fucking car became.

why does it still have this name?
why not using a new name? doesn't make sense.

honda marketing detected

Your name is accurate.

>literally just a family car
they should have made it a three door desu

>it looks ugly as fuck too.
so does everything else now

>spoiler on a fwd car

Ty famirino.

underrated

What is wrong with that you imbecile? What is wrong with having increased grip on 2 of your 4 tires?

It'll slow the car down by increasing drag. Grip is not increased as only the front wheels need grip

>only the front wheels need grip
>fwd cars can't possibly ever oversteer

This. Your front tires are going to lose traction before your back ones in a FWD setup, and putting extra weight and downforce on the rear is just begging for understeer. This is why everybody's getting memed by tire companies saying "New tires go on rear durrrr" when 90% of people drive FF cars.

Please stop. Like said, FF can easily oversteer as well. We are talking about a performance car here, not a Hyundai Sonata. People are going to be hooning in these things and tracking them. You fucking absolutely need grip on the rear tires you idiot. No one said to have a 200 pound spoiler on the rear, but saying that a spoiler on an FWD car is useless and that you don't need grip on the rear tires has to be the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

Unless you have a rear sway bar and purposefully lower grip tires on the back you're not really going to oversteer, and even if you do you won't be able to maintain it due to the back tires not having any force to them. It's unnecessary to use a trunk mounted spoiler on FWD vehicles.

>It all comes down to the fact that a spoiler or rear wing can create downforce. The issue lies with the fact that the vehicle wearing said spoiler or wing needs to be going fast enough for it to do this. Your average street car gets no benefit, other than a styling upgrade, with respect to its rear fiberglass jewelry.

>A race car, on the other hand, needs that extra bit of physics happening over the rear tires.

>A rear spoiler on a front-driver race car will help with braking, cornering, and the reduction of lift. Under heavy braking, the rear of the car might want to come around, as the load forces are transitioned heavily to the nose. A rear spoiler can help mitigate some of that and keep the rear contact patches more firmly planted.

I would consider the new Type R to be a well performing track car that would benefit from increased rear downforce. It's very simple my man, you want a nice contact patch on all 4 tires in high speed corners.

There are countless articles contrary to your belief. Here is one

carthrottle.com/post/nrxp9le/

because it weighs only 200lbs more than a brz while having 300 hp

That's because rear wheels/tires provide stability, faggot. We all know that you're the tagumi master drifting champion of bumblefuck, OH but having your rear end destabilize your whole car is actually really bad.

Yeah but I mean the starting price for the Civvy R is like 35k while you can get a fully optioned BRZ for ~29
And unless they plan on mass producing it like the BRZ the resale isn't going to be in the same league as the toyoburu

By same league I mean affordable to poorfags, shoulda specified