/domg/ - Dominions General

Diplomacy edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/U1ZNv
drive.google.com/file/d/0B-jNQgOwI-Q_Z2VSZGpSVlZkX2s/view
github.com/sum1won/summod/releases/tag/0.72
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2749
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>no turns

Yo, can anyone put together a list of all the current ongoing domg games? All I know is that there's a ton of them

>ongoing
For what purpose?

Just go to llamaserver front page.

They're not all domg games

>no turns
Is Homeworld Remastered any good?

Still looking for a sub for Berytos.

Anyone who is new-ish (played a couple of games or won 1 is fine) want to join?

Your best bet would probably be to get everyone to list the domg games which they know of, and compile that into a list yourself.

>Your best bet would probably be to get everyone to list the domg games which they know of, and compile that into a list yourself.
Good idea.

Hey friendos, please copy this list, and add any games that you know of and/or are in.

NewYearNovices
RoleplayingIsFun
AutisticRPGame
LightAle
AbsoluteMAdman
FrogAndToad

NewYearNovices
RoleplayingIsFun
AutisticRPGame
LightAle
AbsoluteMAdman
FrogAndToad
SkeletonWar
FourthTurning
JobbingToXibalba
EAChineseNewYears
EA_newbaria
DriftKing

CanIntoHost

for what purpoe

If you liked the original Homeworld 1 no, I hated it. They do alot of things differently because the new company shoved all the bullshit HW2 engine into the HW1 game. So you are limited to what you can salvage, so many fucking bug you won't believe this is the same game, the game is also dumbed down alot (10x less enemies compared to the original HW). Basically it's a bad game. If you liked HW1 just play HW1 or cataclysm.

AbsoluteMAdMAn, AutisticRPGame, CanIntoHost, Conjunction, DomgNationsGen, DontStaleDesuSenpai2, DriftKing, EAChineseNewYears, EA_newbaria, FourthTurning, FrogAndToad, JobbingToXibalba, Kichikuo_Domg, LightAle, Memes_for_the_Meme_throne, MokouIsHot, NewYearNovices, NoBullyingAllowed, Olathe, SkeletonWar, Steel_Domg_Run, Teaching_Feeling, Today_Local_Domg_Man, VanillaNewbs, WinterRaceWar, YesItsAMiddleAgeGame

NewYearNovices
RoleplayingIsFun
AutisticRPGame
LightAle
AbsoluteMAdman
FrogAndToad
SkeletonWar
FourthTurning
JobbingToXibalba
EAChineseNewYears
EA_newbaria
DriftKing
CanIntoHost
ChroniclesEA
Conjunction
WinterRaceWar
Today_Local_Domg_Man
Kichikuo_Domg
DomgNationsGen
Steel_Domg_Run

Bad idea. Some people are in games that are not domg. Like 3/x games that I'm playing are not from domg, but random games that are listed on llama.

Jesus fuck, guys. I think domg has as many ongoing games as the other communities combined.

>No Mercs
>No Recruiting
>No Building
>No Research
>Players pick a monster
>It grows through XP shape
>Heroes are weaker monsters with XP shape
>First player to evolve into the Panto wins
There's your easy SP game.

also, GrandestMemery and ScrubWarriors, i guess?

So anyways I've never played demonologist, but it reminded me of the elemental casters that require fucking 50 gems to summon anything. They were too gold dependent. Do we have to spoiler everytime we wanna talk about CoE here? It's the same company, but a different game with an even smaller population than dom4.

How do you get more spells if you are a mage?

No, this is the CoE thread

AbsoluteMAdman
AutismWars
AutisticRPGame
CanIntoHost
ChroniclesEA
Conjunction
DomgNationsGen
DriftKing
EA_newbaria
EAChineseNewYears
FourthTurning
FrogAndToad
JobbingToXibalba
Kichikuo_Domg
LightAle
NewYearNovices
RoleplayingIsFun
SkeletonWar
Steel_Domg_Run
Today_Local_Domg_Man
WinterRaceWar

They might seem that way at first but demons are really good. Hellhound for example come in a big pack, have like 50 health and can shoot big cones of fire as well as just biting shit.

That actually sounds interesting.

How about a mechanic similar to CoE where you get a random spell for every time you invest your "currency", I guess in this case XP, into magical schools (conjur, evo etc). Or just get a random spell related to the school you already know every level. Or monsters/treasure drops spells.

Items let you cast spells.

So pop back to your cap, buy a staff of skeleton horde, and you're good.

Or how about research actually is a thing, but since you can't recruit mages to research for you, you need to spend precious turns researching.

How early can you get them? The biggest factor in winning is to get resources as quickly as possible early game. growth in CoE is an exponential factor and the earlier you get resources the better. Cultists can summon VERY early and alot of troops that are competitive with 5iron troops from cities. mid/late game it's very easy to summon a lv2 mage + 20 troops with 2 (or was it 3) protection. I've been fighting Baron level AI and cultists have never lost me a game yet.

I don't think I've played more than a demo of the original game and I already own the remastered version. I'm just too lazy to start up any game.
Other games I should play:
Castlevania: Lord of Shadows
Darksiders II
Devil May Cry 3

Could also list loads of strategy games, but I'm kinda burnt out on those.

I haven't played in a while but since they are one of the better ones they might be a bit later. The standard early demons are still pretty good and have a lot of variety. Form what I remember I would say the early proper demons would be better than their cultist equivalents but I might be full of shit.

Devil May Cry 3 is pretty rad.

What the fuck, sum1, you nigger?

Are those scorpions made from glorious bat steel folded 10000 times or something?

reasonable Xibalba nerf tbqh

I know, but supposedly you need to fiddle a bit to get a controller to work and I'm in no mood to fiddle around.

Finally! Xibalba is now balanced.

Checked the Steam forum.
Apparently it takes no effort after all. Guess I'll be playing DMC tomorrow.

I figured it out!

You have the XP shape that gives better forms but items will act as your mutations. I can even randomize what these items do using that spell mod.

So your form 2 cave crab goes home and picks out a new armor. This new armor could cast fly, summon an ice elemental, make him ethereal, or whatever.

definitely. cultists lack a good SC. when i fought hell portals cultists had a tough time unless they had ome mindcontrol magic which is possible with their school.

Did you get permission from charles to post this image? It's copyrighted, you know.

No takers for subbing, so... looking for someone to set Utgard AI.
Please reply with email

What position are they in? I've never played them before and might be willing to try

He was doing fine before staling three turns in a row. This is a noob game, though, unless you are a beginner it's not fair on the rest of us.

>it's not fair
Neither is playing with a three turn deficit.

Mandatory memeposting.
Cirno getting memed here -> imgur.com/a/U1ZNv

Sorry

That's unavoidable, unless you expect me to arrange for subs before people even stale. Not a lot I can do about that except rollback which is much more unfair (since we'll know how battles went). I was told in this thread that 3 is a good point to find a sub. Sorry.

post bless

Activate your windows, amigo

>Don't bother with a supaya bless they said
>Nazca's really all about the mages they said

Nah, you didn't do anything wrong, and giving someone three chances is plenty, but a complete noob probably won't be able to salvage a winning strategy with the nation and position if they have no idea what they're doing or what they're supposed to be doing.

Nice try, Malakal

who?

okofire's alt account

You're probably right, not much that can be done other than set him AI I guess. It is quite late in the game.
Are you willing to set the AI? Here are the mods you need:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B-jNQgOwI-Q_Z2VSZGpSVlZkX2s/view
github.com/sum1won/summod/releases/tag/0.72
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2749
Let me know your email

W9B9 -> Nazca
W9B9N9 -> Mictlan

S-sorry Bill, I s-swear I have a original copy of Windows!

Supaya-spam being a noobtrap is actually the noobtrap.

Best blesses (imo):
B9W9, B9F9 and W9F9.
But the last one is really expensive and doesnt bring BV (this is good sometimes as you will be able to use evocations).

There is also B9F9W9, I'm probably trying that some time soon.

t. Some guy

>There is also B9F9W9, I'm probably trying that some time soon.
what awake?

Supaya spam is fine, but Nazca's mages are pretty fantastic and taking advantage of that is also pretty important.

You forgot to mention Summod makes supaya weapons hard mr for some obscure fucking reason.

t. Malakal :^)

Yes.

That -4 MR on the check really fucks up Mictlan. Its 30% more killing power.

can't he just thug his pretender?

but yeah, hard-to-negate supaya spears are bullshit

Can pretenders wear shrouds?

Yes, but they don't get sacred.

I agree
When I picked Nazca I had no idea summod gave them hard to mr negate, I found it out later

Thanks sum1won. And people thought the crossbreeding bug was bad.

That 'fuck the ghostbirds' guy plays in a community where massive unnecessary rainbows are considered a top tier strategy and games are won with them. I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt. Or several.

Yeah, sure thing Rejakor. Fuck off.

bug introduced when certain other weapons were changed. fixed in later versions.

It seems that #xpshape works on pretenders.

Someone could definitely have some fun with that.

What's fantastic about them?

They look overpriced to me, with flying mobility being the only reason they're usable.

double
communions

TWICEBORN

>tfw dumped gf
>tfw alone tonight
>tfw no turns
>tfw most games are delayed because one or two fags who played in the same games as me and simply poofed out of existence
Just shoot me

>dumped gf
Why?

Not dumped, just gave her time. She was dumped by a ugly nerd (she is literally a commercial model for small brands and instashit I don't know how that happened) , hooked up with me but ended up falling in love with me. I saw she was still confused after only one month after the nerd and decided to give her some time to clear her ideas and decide what she wants. So... Should I focus of scales or blesses for my nites as MA mari?

I wouldn't focus on a bless for knights. Either use flagellants with some mad bless or go for something like N9 for angels and try to survive with crossbows and fire evos until then.

>evos
You spelled 'elementals' wrong

The N9 angel bless makes knights better at expanding and lineholding too, but they're already decent at that without the bless too.

Flame Pillar is pretty great on your shit mages (especially in summod), and you can reach it relatively early with high magic.

Flame Pillar is great. It's also late game. You're sure as fuck not getting it before harbingers.

You people are pathetic.

>when you feel like you're gonna stale because you're unwell and too lightheaded to think
>and it turns out you have another 12 hours to get the turns in
I'm gonna go lay down now and hope no one is yelling at me when I get up/I feel well enough after sleep

wish me luck

What gaem?

YIAMAG and AbsoluteMadman are closest to their timer; but I'm in like... 5 more that have a lot more time on the clock; I'm not even at the 12 hour warning for those two though

Got some updates on Shaige the Horse Tribe Chief

He actually took a pretty big hit from the first Water Elemental. Survived, but the wound left him permanently weakened.

Tell me more about Shaige. Was he responsible for bringing chaff to the front, making him something like a drill sergeant to the recruits? Did he oversee the construction of any forts? Had he previously commanded at any battles?

The reason there were so many assassins in that province in the first place was I was using them to keep Tisor's huge army of 150 insane sacreds and chariots locked down. He however managed to break through and bring 85 units with him and siege my fort.

>Had he previously commanded at any battles?
Not previously, but there was this one minor skirmish.

Oh, so Shaige works for Tisor?

Yeah, but he's so inspiring I kind of have to cheer for him.

Not a really great turn for me overall, honestly.

>when you have a neighbor that you consider an ally and stand by throughout the game
>when he does the same for you
There are some feels that you can only get in a RP game.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't need our pity.

Mabakiel is going to be the laughing stock at the next Heliophagi meeting

We'll see how much they'll laugh when Mabakiel goes back and infernal prisons Shaige.

Ole Mabakiel doesn't even have the paths to infernal prison him.

>busy all day
>finally get some time
>spend literally fucking hours on a turn
>just barely miss the deadline
FUCK

They'll still laugh. They'll see him and be like "This is the guy? I've got imps that could kick his ass."

Well it clearly reads large, not giant.

>Well it clearly reads large, not giant.
What a way to miss the point.

34 RESOURCES NIGGA