/pg/ - Persona General

Previous Thread: Haru nendo anticipation edition

NEWS
>Free 20th anniversary PS3/PS4 theme plus PS4 avatars: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-theme-p5-costume-dlc-released-free/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Re Project Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>Opinions are not allowed in /pg/ anymore
>P5's English Cast is shit: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb
>Picture of Yuki
i.imgur.com/wxFrIqP.png

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dcGWQQ5O_yA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anal with Makoto!

>Anne is sweaty!
>Anne is buxom!
>Anne is beautiful!
>Anne is wet!
>Anne is cute!
>Anne is flexible!
>Anne is an angel!
>Anne is lewd!
>Anne is sad!
>Anne is silly!
>Anne is for kisses!
>Anne is stylish!
>Anne is for sexual!
>Anne is awesome!
>Anne is sultry!
>Anne is pure!
>Anne is amused!
>Anne is quality!
>Anne is Lovers!
>Anne is canon!
>Anne is an apricot!
>Anne is an actress!
>Anne is a model!
>Anne is Santa Claus!
>Anne is Anne, not Ann!
>Anne is best girl!

Please God, let me meet him. All I want to is to find that perfect boy I know exists. He’s sweet and shy and my age and likes all the things I do, perhaps even is on this site itself. The boy who won’t secretly think I’m a loser, the boy I can cuddle with (even if only possible online) and spent nights talking to and laughing and sharing happiness. Someone who can reciprocate the love I put in, the boy who I can make feel safe and secure unconditionally and can fill this gaping, empty void in my heart. Please, just let me find this person. I’ll change everything about me if that’s what it takes. Please, I just can’t take the loneliness anymore.

Post Ryuji x Anne!

Is P5 too similar in structure to P3 and P4?

Post your doujin ideas

I want to forehead kiss an autistic fox!

Ann is fat!

THIS IS BULLSHIT

Like a true American!

Anal with the "Anal with Makoto!" user!

maybe if you're coming right off playing them

I bet Joker would share Anne with Ryuji, if he asked nicely. And maybe fluffed him up a little first.

>All these cuck memes
What the fuck Kanji didn't go through any of this

gas all ryuji x anne posters

Fuck you faggot they deserve each other

All one of them, you mean?

Probably because people actually like Kanji

JokerxRyuji is canon, Anne is the one cucking him.

people like bullying the annexryuji poster

plus its funny in general, hes got a lotta expressions that work well for it

desu the english one looks real tacky

anne deserves better than ryuji

>JokerxRyuji is canon

I go ice skating with Yusuke and hold his hands to help him balance

C U T E

>A female IRA volunteer on active service in West Belfast, 1970s (Colorized)

Post Ryuji Cuck Memes

MORGANA AND PHANTOM PROTOS
ANNE FIGMA ANNOUNCED

The problem as I see it is that the Japanese one laid the text out, and THEN did the perspective warp, so it stays consistent for every character. But the English one did the perspective warps for each cluster of letters individually so it looks really rough and all over the place.
The way the English one has the letters in little groups looks really off too - if they were going to do that they should've done it word by word, or letter by letter, but these half splits look terrible.

I want to stick my hands up Anne's skirt

>tfw called Anne figma and Morgana nendo in the last thread

feels good

quick post lottery numbers

I can't wait for that Ulala and Phantom.

I think this was the first one created

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

OH NO

THEY'RE FUCKING DOING IT

GIVE ME 10 COPIES

Takashi a cute.

P E N I S
E
N
I
S

Squid proto
YAMERO

Are you trying to suggest the English UI looks like it was handled by 3rd rate graphic designers

Because you'd be right

All this extra time for what?

Sure it'd be ideal if everything looked great, but I don't really mind things like this.
My problems with the UI are the godawful deadline counter, the inconsistencies in the battle menu given how frequently you'll see it, and the stupid fucking letter highlighting that they kept for god knows what reason.

adding hot memes

WASSUP

Get rekt

how will they translate saradabaa

Sara-chan

what

saladbar

>It's a figma, not a scale

>don't really mind
I do. Atlus should have designed two versions of the UI to begin with because as it stands, they are absolutely selling an inferior product to the west.

>Implying the developers are even aware that western versions of their games are made

>Atlus should have designed two versions of the UI to begin with because as it stands
Well actually, in the case of the locations, they did really prepare for the west. They put English names below the Japanese ones - they didn't NEED to be translated.
And frankly, I disagree that it's their job to create two versions of the UI for things like that. The problems with the English UI aren't because it's hard to translate, it's just because Atlus USA are incompetent. Anons on /pg/ have done better edits of the UI.

"Design two UIs? Design deez two nuts"
-Katsura Hashino, 2017

>less than 100 floors
>has actual story content through side missions
>has a few gimmicks like the car and hidden areas
>every floor can be easily skipped once reaching rank 2 of futaba's co-op
>worse than mementos
Are you actually retarded?

THANK YOU GOOD SMILE

I feel like people saying it's worse than Tartarus are either misremembering Tartarus or haven't played P5. The QOL improvements alone make it far better, and then you have shit like the constant dialogue and the side stories to keep it more interesting.

absolutely based

>defending Atlus for being incompetent
its not cute to be this retarded

>Atlus should have designed two versions of the UI to begin with because as it stands, they are absolutely selling an inferior product to the west.
It's never been standard for a company to do this in the past, it's unreasonable to expect that to change.
The problems with the English UI stem from some absolutely fucking stupid design choices on Atlus USA's behalf, not from the UI actually being difficult to translate.
Shit like them fucking up the typesetting is just plain stupidity, not Atlus JP's fault for not planning ahead of time.

I know that it isn't standard, but when you make such a stylized UI it becomes a necessity so that it can look as good as it can even when the written language is very different between versions. I'm also suggesting that Atlus Japan should've been responsible for it because Atlus USA and Deep Silver clearly aren't equipped to make these changes on their own.

I don't understand, what's wrong with that UI?

shit's ugly all around

The typography is especially ugly to me. An user from /pg/ could probably do a much better job.

I disagree with how you're looking at it. Had Atlus JP made two versions of the UI, then sure, that'd fix all the problems.
But if Atlus USA had handled the UI with more care, that'd also stop the problems from being present in the first place.
If the problems were actually attributable to Atlus JP making a UI that doesn't translate well, then I'd agree that they're at fault. But the problem is that's not the case; The problems in the screenshot in are with Atlus USA picking a different line thickness for "FIRE," not being consistent with the layout of "Fire Gun" and "To Prior Menu," and the ugly layout of the word "Target".
None of that is to do with the Japanese UI at all, they're problems introduced by Atlus USA, and they're at fault for it.
The one problem Atlus JP *could* be considered responsible is the text font in the top left looking bad, and the highlighting of characters not translating well, but Atlus USA could've easily fixed that by picking a better font, and just outright removing the highlighting element since it doesn't work anywhere near as well with English letters as it does with Japanese characters.

There was some footage of the Chinese version of P5 posted here a while back, if anyone has the link I'd appreciate it, since I have no clue how to go about finding it.
But in that video, the UI looked like it had downright been done by Atlus Japan anyway, obviously the changes translate better to from Kanji to Chinese, but even then the similarities made it seem like the UI was done by the same people.
I have a sneaking suspicion that it was Atlus USA's decision to handle it on their own, rather than Atlus Japan choosing not to. I think, had they asked, Atlus Japan would've done an English UI if they were able to do a Chinese one.

atlus japan cares more about their fellow slanteyes than white piggu

or maybe whoever is localizing the chinese version is just more competent than Atlus USA

>obviously the changes translate better to from Chinese to Chinese
you don't say

I doubt that. The Chinese version launches around the same time as the English version - it's not like they're getting special treatment.

I found the video.
youtube.com/watch?v=dcGWQQ5O_yA
I really doubt it was a localization team, it looks so close to the original that it's uncanny.

nigger that fucking shit is almost identical to the kanji, which isn't surprising since japanese writing was derived from chinese. it looks close to the original because it's just substituting one set of scribbles for a very slightly different set, easy as piss

That's my point, but even then they still had to redo all the typesetting.

mates yall realize japanese and chinese are based on the same lettering system right so the font and style that the text is presented in the UI works both ways whereas with english it actually requires finding entirely different fonts, redoing typography and design. atlus usa is just not competent enough to make this shit look decent.

this

Still, compare the Chinese battle menu with the English one.
This isn't a case of language differences making it look bad, they just plain fucked up the layout.
Heck, the Chinese version has "RUSH" written in English, and it literally looks better than the English version's one.

That thin font they use makes me want to vomit.

Anons from /pg/ have done a better job

Painted Phantom
looks like shit

At the very least there is some communication going between Atlus USA and whoever's doing the Chinese localization. They both use the same animations for the !! during a critical cut-in.
Atlus JP probably did this animation and gave it to both the Chinese team and Atlus USA. So why couldn't the rest of the English UI be done by competent people?

>play Bloodborne
>all hype for P5 deflated
Anybody else had this happen? Totally different genres I know, but just knowing that the level of craftsmanship will never compare really stings.

Japanese fonts include alphanumeric characters.

what else did you expect from kotobukiya

shit proportions for a shit game

>better font than the official english one
what did they mean by this

You already tried this last thread user give up

they sometimes make acceptable looking stuff. Their Ougi looked fine, at least
I think that leg is longer than the other one, poor guy

>warn everybody during E3 that the localization is headed by a woman
>everybody tells me to leave
>localization turns out to be miles worse than P4 or even P3
>pics show Atlus USA to be like 75% female
hmm

>muh women are ruining vidya mentality
Fuck off.
The localization is being headed by incompetent people, their gender has nothing to do with it.

>localization turns out to be miles worse than P4 or even P3
The game isn't even out yet in the states user

i want brown sensei to peg me

Too busy bickering among themselves no doubt

I don't mean to alarm you, but that's the one common factor that goes along with the horrible NISA, XSEED, etc. translations. The evidence is pretty clear. I can't believe I'm wishing Yu Namba came back instead of his sister or cousin or whatever getting the job through nepotism.

Atlus USA have been this incompetent for a long time, they're just in the spotlight and every flaw is being picked up on now.