/ng/ - Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Previous thread -

What is the "Best materials" trophy? I don't understand what i'm supposed to get, it needs boss materials or something?

When a kodama gets to the shrine how do they climb it?

I did it.

I gave the retard his shit piles.

It took me an hour of fighting living piles of shit for it.

His helmet isn't even that good.

apparently I got really lucky. Tachebana Muneshige dropped his blade on the first go after I defeated him. Pretty ballin lads

are there any missable drops or titles in the return to London epilogue?

>3 DLCs
>Each one introduces 1 new weapon type

That would be really cool. What new weapons would you like to see. I want a nodachi and claws.

I don't think there's a single missable thing in this game

kelley clone crusher

is it worth using the soul release talismen?

>nothing to do with it

Except, you know, leveling.
You can also level up spirits once you complete the game.

Nobunaga's armour text dropped first time, fucking sweet.

Where do I spend points in after level 70s for a DEX build?

Body 10
Heart 15
Stam 6 (just enough for 29% iga set)
Str 9
Skill 13
Dex 30
Magic 15 (to do dojo quest)
Spirit 15

Do you have a pic of the helmet?

3 swords

6kat

Pistols and Daggers seem like they could happen what with each having a user already in the game.

They're good jumpers

Any recommendations for an armor set that goes well with 1kat and spear on Way of the Strong?

>going for tank build that nulls damage
>excited for protection talisman
>try it out
>It's shit

I am super-suprised that there's no Naginata or Kanabo as reskins, maybe they are planning a unique moveset?

Get a weapon with A+ Dex and pump it into oblivion.

That and the lone Kodama that's already at the shrine pulls the new guy up with his little branch thingy.

I don't know how to transfer screenshots from my PS4 to my PC

With a USB drive.

Get a dummy twitter account and upload them.

Just use a usb stick user. I'd do it myself, but I'd have to boot up my ps4 and go through my storage box etc etc.

Reposting testing on onmyo damage scaling-

A low square quick attack went like this:
>5 mag: 383/251
>15 mag: 405/265
>40 mag: 431/282
>99 mag: 431/282

So this is actually better if anything. I wonder if other stat scalars are hard capped like this.

Does using the accessory that lowers set requirements and equipping one of each heavy armor set work to stack damage reduction?

repostin from other thread

After playing this game tirelessly since release, I for one have to say I absolutely cannot wait for the release of PvP to add a new dynamic to this already spirited experience. It seems as though the skill cap for almost all build approaches to this game is near endless already, and the added aspect of PvP is just going to make it more insane.
So the question is: Do we know ANYTHING about what the PvP will be like?
I for one have not been able to dig up any useful information, but has anyone else?
If anything, what are your educated speculations on what PvP will consist of?
The only thing I know is that all human characters and revenants etc do not have any ability that a player does not, in order to prepare players for its onset. What do you know?
Finally, I'm sure it's a ways out, but is there any info on a release for this?
-Sincerely, a Nioh addict who is already looking for more.

No idea, but that's an interesting thought

I just started. They really improved this from the demo.

Any suggestions on where to farm revenants in NG+?
Do we have a place we've agreed to drop corpses?

Any places I could farm or treasure chest that are guaranteed to drop the veteran, ronin, or platemail/western warlord sets?

_No

Tonfas are coming as DLC right?

The stance system is literally made for tonfas.

I hope to holy God and back it's just the dojo with wooden weapons. I've said this before.

This game is great but even the greatest of fans must realize it's broken and has so many builds that make the game trivial, outputting insane damage that the devs I'm sure did not intend directly.

If not, I'm sure pvp would turn into a kunai unlimited projectile shitfest.

The bridge area with the big guy is still pretty good for farming revenants.

I've seen a lot of people say that there are only soft caps.
So in the short run that does seem great, but once you are running around at lvl200 it gets out paced by "true" stat scaling.

>doing ninja mission for okatsu basktory
>you can just put a trap after you grappler he and get a final blow

Not the user that asked, but could you be specific about which bridge area? I mean there's a lot of big guys around after all.

Earlier today there were a bunch of revenants with the jap exclusive dragon helm in "The Ogress" mission.
A good place for farming high level revs is the clone kelly room, its where i got my tanuki helm.

Stop thinking on this like a Souls Game, this is a 3rd person Fighting game.

Infinite combos are a common thing in fighting games

Literally the only map that is entirely a bridge.

Both modes would be nice

The third area with the large axeman and raven tengu, I think it's something like Ohashi bridge.

but you go to that map at least twice fag

>stop thinking of this as a souls game
>with literal souls like combat and leveling

It's ninja Gaiden meets souls, how do you not understand this?

So you're saying you'd enjoy dudes just spamming unlimited 3k dps kunai?

Would you like me to just play the game for you?

>ng+ goes smooth
>tall grass twilight from the beta
>I barely deal any damage to the monsters anymore
NANI?

NOW
The epitome of almost completely useless game mechanics but are cool nonetheless
Battle Focus + Momentum + 20% skill ki reduction = NEARLY 30 SECONDS OF AUTISTIC FLAILING
we're hitting levels of ki efficiency that shouldn't even be possible
I did a run with damage buffs before this and it died before I even got half way through the ki gauge

he's right though you play that map twice

If they get a combo off sure, cause I know if I get mine off I will do the same thing to them.

tfw no brown elf pyromancer waifu

my sides

your william is shit

And both times its a bridge and both times it was full of revenants.

That doesn't sound lame as fuck, though? With the dojo you'd at least be moving around and trading blows.

>it's a "Nue refused to drop his claw material after the 20th fucking attempt" episode

no, the game will be about reading attacks and stances and responding to the enemies actions, not just hammering R1 on each other till one of us falls over.

what is the best midroll spear set?
don't really want to use red demon

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO WITH ALL THIS AMRITA?

>game will be about cool techniques!
>not people using godawful balanced magic and ninjitsu/ranged weapons!!!!

Right. Every pvp game is full of honorable guys.

level up??????????????

level up dipshit
this isn't a souls game

level up yourself or your guardians

Post cool Devenants

>can't dodge magic
>can't block Kunai

WEW AS FUCK

>know that Saorise is kinda shit
>use her anyway because she's a qt

Such is life lads

>Tips hat
M'josei

she would be top tier if they didn't nerf her buffs

How come the glory needed for sacred treasures keeps going up? Does it scale with how far you are in the game?

they scale with your level

Is there an easy way to farm Ebony Armor Set from black samurai dude other than the last mission?

>tfw I finally achieved the 99 stam meme
>tfw still not B agility

Maybe with 99 strength I'll make it

just got it, thanks
is there one for 100 Eyes too?

Retard

Feels bad

I was so happy that someone remembered Gitaroo Man.

No

Oh yeah that stage. Thanks fellas.

>still only 73%
what the fuck are you wearing

What's the drop rate on smithing patterns? These fuckers in the dojo don't drop shit.

awful

Not sure if my stats are actually any decent at the moment. I pumped a lot into Body without even using spears and now I don't want to remove it as Spears are super useful for duels.

Body 18, Heart 20, Stamina 12, strength 8, skill 22, Dex 6, Magic 20, Spirit 18.

I been pumping a lot into Spirit as I used Raikiri throughout the whole game. Using the Warrior of the West set with a 1H Kat with a A+ Heart scaling I found on a Rev and a Dual Kat.

Any advice? Not having trouble at all, but should I reroll the Body out

ITT: Characters from the game that remind you of yourself
For me it’s Kelley – intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

To add to this anons question, Hanzo does drop his kusarigama text right? He's dropped both armor and 1kat text so logic follows that he'd drop his kusarigama text as well. I've been farming his veteran misssion for about an hour and a half with no luck.

are you me?

He's not even a person you fucking retard.

i haven't been doing dojo missions, are they worth it?

what do you use to break guards with a spear

clones are people too

Thats fucking racist and bigoted to hell and I don't allow that on my board, bitch.

Does composure not work on revenants?

I think I am near the end but I am still absolutely terrible at using at skills apart from the kick with the 1H Kat.

So to break guards, I just roll there attacks and heavy jab twice until they run out of stam.

>clones
He's not a clone, he's a homunculus.

They're short and you unlock more skills, so yeah.

what the fuck is a heavy jab

use the game terminology please

How do you know when it's a devenant?